• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rise to fame- Roleplay

Illusive

4_170613114936_1.jpg

Minnie paced nervously as she waited for her new band members to arrive. they'd rented out a little studio, well, Orion had anyway. She had always been a good guitarist, but she was never great with lyrics. She was noodling a random tune while she waited for Orion to finish with the paperwork and come back with the key to their new studio. There were several competitions he'd talked about entering, and he was already on top of things like iTunes and spottily. All they needed now was so original content and to get away from the small pub scene. She hoped that her manager would do most of the leadership, she was hopeless at it, especially since her marriage breakdown. She held herself back from saying the simplist of things. She preferred to let her fingers do the talking.

When they got in, the space they rented showed up it's price. It was cramped, with a tiny stage, no room for any theatrics in here, the recording equipment was dated, but still usable. Lucily, the room did come with a set of drums, and a microphone. The lights flicked a few times but eventually turned on, leaving the room gloomy for the first five minutes before they warmed up. "It's better than my parents garage." Minnie said to her manager with a shrug "Good job, I owe you a lot you know." She flicked the blonde a rare smile as her playing came to a stop.

She had asked her singer if she had any lyrics to bring in, she was welcome to, if not, todays mission would be writing, getting to know one another, and learning how to play to eachothers tempo. She knew team building was vital for bands but that was why she was crazy nervous.

She was dressed pretty simply today, she even worried that she'd look a bit lazy in her faded blue hoodie and torn black jeans. Her face was bare of makeup, and she looked visibly tired. She found insomnia was a common thing these days for her. She tossed and turned for a long time before sleeping. There was an old couch at the back of the room which she fell into, trying to still her shaking hands and think positively. This would be her break. She had found the talent, she now just needed to use it.

Orion

Orion was overly excited for this day to arrive since it would be a great time to get to know each of the band members. Before stepping a single foot into the small space that would be the base of their operations from here on out, he made an internal promise to himself to do the best that he could for Minnie. She was one of the few friends that he had initially made once he arrived from England and they managed to kick it off pretty easily. Orion took in a deep breath and unlocked the door to their new studio. It definitely wasn't much to look out compared the studios he's seen his mother play in on occasion for soundtracks but it was officially the property of Entropy.

When Minnie complimented him on a job well-done and sent him a smile he responded with a broad grin and a victory pose, "No problem at all Minnie! We've been friends for so long that you don't owe me a thing since you've managed to put up with me for so long." Orion let a lighthearted chuckle before resuming checking over everything once more. He stood in the center of the room in all of his short glory dressed in a black hoodie with a pink floral pattern, matching pink jeans, and a comfortable pair of black vans. Orion shifted his weight from one foot to the other as he waited for the new members to enter.

Alexis Hart
Tags: Illusive Illusive / Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha /

The brunette fought the urge to roll her eyes even though her sister couldn't see her. Alexis's younger sister - Jade - had called her after she woke up to ensure she would actually turn up to the first rehearsal. "Jade, you're not my mom I can handle it." She groaned into the phone as she threw a few pillows onto the floor. Where were those damn keys? "Lexi-" The younger sibling dragged out the last vowel before continuing. "I know what you're like, as soon as I hang up you'll just give up looking for your keys and go back to bed." Alexis opened her mouth to reply but abruptly closed it again. She wouldn't admit it but Jade was right, as per usual. Jade was the one who found the advertisement and pushed her older sister to audition for the band. Consequently, Jade was much more excited when she heard Alexis was accepted as the drummer. "Found them!" She audibly sighed in relief as she picked up her set of keys which were hidden inside her shoe. "I did say you would find them. Call me after your rehearsal Lex, I need to get to class." Alexis heard the phone go quiet and used it as a signal to slide her phone into her pocket. The sibling dynamics were not the usual between them; but they were close nonetheless. After picking up her backpack and holding her helmet in the other hand Alexis left her apartment.

The rumbling sound of the matt-black motorbike drew closer to Alexis's destination. It followed down the road until she made a sharp right turn to park it across from the studio. She wasn't one to get nervous but she felt a sense of pressure from joining the band. The drumsticks in her backpack were not just playing a beat for herself, they were the counts and cues for the rest of the musicians. Shrugging the feeling off she swung her leg off the automobile before locking the chain through the wheel. Alexis pulled her helmet off and spared a glance at the building she was given the directions to. Not knowing what to expect she walked across the road towards it; her combat boots tapping along the gravel. Her clothing choice was simple alongside her boots she wore black jeans, a black tank top, and a camo jacket with the sleeves rolled to her elbows. Before entering the studio she took a deep breath in and ran a hand through her knotted hair.

Rustic. The room was cosy, and had a homey feel to it. Before noticing the occupants of the room Alexis was drawn to the pattern rug along the floor. It wasn't modern but it had character and she admired that. After a moment of brief silence Alexis looked up and at the two people who were already inside. "Hey, I'm Alexis if you don't remember. Feel free to call me Alex, Lexi, Drummer Girl or whatever you see fit." She offered a lopsided smile and gently tapped her fingers on the helmet hanging in her left hand. "Minnie and," She chewed on her lip for a brief moment as she fished through her thoughts. "Orion? If I remember correctly." Her eyes glanced between the two shorter people. Alexis had auditioned for them; and they appeared friendly from what she could remember. Silently, she hoped she could show they made a good choice.

Last edited:

Trinity Uldent

"Somebody mixed my medicine... somebody mixed my medicine..."

Trinity went over the lyrics in her head, tapping her pen on her lips as she thought. This was a song she'd been working on for a while now, and she was really liking the way it was going. It was pretty much done; it just needed the music behind it. Now that she'd auditioned for the band and gotten the call that she made it, her dream could become a reality. Speaking of which...

A quick glance at her cell phone told her that even if she'd left five minutes ago, she would be late. "Damnit!" She quickly pushed herself off the bed and snapped her lyric book shut, tucking it under her arm as she found her shoes and purse. She grabbed her guitar as well, stepping out of her room and pausing by her brothers door on her way out. She wanted to knock, to see how Luke was doing. They lived together but she barely saw him, it seemed. Michael had his own place, just like their father, but Luke and Trin had always been close.

Heaving a sigh, she decided for the alternative. "I'm headed out, Luke. Text me if you need me." She called through his door, waiting a moment before she continued on through the house. She hadn't heard anything back, but she hadn't expected to. When he holed himself up there wasn't any getting him out. He had to do it on his own.

Gingerly tucking her guitar into her passenger seat, Trinity tossed everything else in and moved to the drivers seat of her older jeep. She jumped in and was off in a matter of minutes, the radio station blasting rock music the entire way. She arrived at the address given in about twenty, thirty minutes time. She parked and grabbed her guitar and lyric book, after tucking her purse under the seat.

Bursting into the room, she saw that three people were there already. Smiling a tad bit sheepishly, she set her guitar down against the wall, still clutching her lyric book tightly. "I'm sorry, guys. Late on the first day doesn't make a great impression." Looking at the three, she realized that she didn't remember names at all. "Jesus, I suck." She muttered to herself. Deciding to introduce herself and hope they got the hint, she smiled. "I'm Trinity, but you can call me Trin."

Somebody mixed my medicine

Well you hurt where you sleep and you sleep where you lie
Now you're in deep and now you're gonna cry
Got a woman to your left
And a boy to your right
You start to sweat so
Hold me tight 'cause

I don't know what I'm on
Now baby its all gone
And somebody's in my head again
And somebody mixed my medicine again, again

Well I drink what you leak and I smoke what you sigh
See you cross the room with that look in your eye
Got a man to his left and a girl to his right
You start to sweat so
Hold me tight 'cause

I don't know what I'm on
Now baby its all gone
Somebody's in my head again
And somebody mixed my medicine again, again

There's a tiger in the room and a baby in the closet
Pour another drink mom I don't even want it
Then I turn around and think I see someone that looks like you
Well you hurt where you sleep and you sleep where you lie
Now you're in deep and now you're gonna cry
Got a woman to your left
And a boy to your right
You start to sweat so
Hold me tight 'cause

I don't know what I'm on
Now baby its all gone
Somebody's in my head again again

And somebody mixed my medicine
Again, again, again
Again, again, again
Again, again, again

51012PCN_Momsen12-500x750.jpg

giphy.gif

Mentions/Interactions: Everyone

code by pasta

[/IMG]
Orion
Orion looked at the two women that had entered and gave them a warm smile. He sent them a warm smile and hugged both of them quickly before stepping back. Just from the energy in the room, he could tell that this was going to be a good group of people to be around. "I'm happy to see both of you again, Alexis,Trinity. You were right Alexis, my name's Orion and I'm your tiny manager. It's kinda sad to see that I'm still the smallest one. The girl that looks like she's become one with the couch is Minnie."

Orion sat back down into the comfy chair and ran his hand through his tousled hair. He knew that they shouldn't just sit around and for the other member ot join them so he decided that they should go ahead and get to know each other. "Alright Entropy members, now seems like a good time to get to know everybody while we wait on our final member and I'll start off. I'm Orion Fox, cursed to only be 5'2", classically trained and have been playing the cello ever since I was 7."
apolla apolla Illusive Illusive NightSky NightSky
coded by: y o u n g j a e

9de2186e18f46285cfe29a28bb132f9e--bob-cut-short-hair.jpg
It seemed a long time before the first member of her newly formed band arrived, but really it was only minutes. Minnie looked up from behind locks of black hair and gave the first to arrive her best attempt at a friendly, and not at all nervous, smile. "Oh, Of course I remember, there's a reason your here." It was an attempt as a compliment but maybe it sounded a bit cringy. "Um, thank you for coming, I-" The door opened again stopping her mid sentence. The face of any band was usually the vocalist, and Minnie had loved her audition. She couldn't help but give Orion an excited smile as the band members began to appear.

As usual, Orion was right to business, and once again she was reminded of how lost she'd be without his confidence. He started out lightheartedly making fun of his own height and the fact that Minnie hadn't moved from that couch yet. He then began the 'getting to know ya' part of this first rehearsal, which was definitely necessary. "But he's also pretty good at keeping us in line." Minnie joked after her friend said his piece about his chello lessons growing up. "Like he said, I'm Minnie, I found the guitar in highschool... I come from wealth, but I'm broke as hell." She left it there, looking over to the other two that were here​

Titus Rios-Beckett

Titus, after his audition, rode his bike straight to his parents house. It was just a big day, it was an accomplishment. He'd done something right and he was proud, he'd succeeded at something that had potential. Despite having his own apartment, the twenty-two year old had news to share. Admittedly, he wasn't as excited to share it with his parents as he was his sister. He told her everything about his day and in turn would wait to hear what she had to say to him. Everything was good vibes all the way. Unsurprisingly, both his mom and dad had thrown a party in celebration. Or more like a get together. Family gathering... of four. Just them and their kids, eating cake and drinking soda.

Titus found himself spending the night in the old one story home he grew up in, asleep in the bed he'd had since he was a teenager. It was still relatively comfortable, and just for one night, here wasn't any need to complain about it. He'd set an alarm for seven in the morning, an alarm which didn't go off. At all. The reason he woke up was his sister running into the room and jumping on his bed. "Titus, you need to get up! Mom said you're late!" Alex screamed at her older brother, a screech with a voice crack. For someone so small, she sure did hurt his ears. Titus fell out of the bed when he jumped up, a thud against the wooden flooring.

"Did anybody ever teach you to knock?" He grunted, rubbing his head and opening his eyes slowly. He was groggy, but when his eyes fell on the alarm clock he felt himself get a full blast of energy. "Are you kidding me right now?" He sighed, scrambling onto his feet and rushing to grab a pair of clothes. Did he even have time for a shower? With a shrug, he lifted his arm and sniffed at his armpit. Good enough, he supposed. He could always take one whenever he got home. Titus pulled on a pair of black jeans, and a white hoodie. Of course, right? It was his signature look. He left his hair messy, perfect bedhead. It wasn't ugly, so, it was totally alright. He was sure his sister had already run off after hearing the door shut, now all he needed was his shoes and his guitar. Shoes and guitar.. humming, he slipped on an old pair of vans. Then there was his guitar, in its case beside its backpack.

Shrugging the ripped straps of the backpack over his shoulders, Titus' large hand wrapped around he case's handle so that he could leave. He made his way down the hallway, the old flooring creaking with each step. "Later guys, I'll call you when I get home tonight." He called out, only get a mixed amount of goodbyes in return as the door shut behind him. "This is gonna be awesome, you'll meet some people and.. you know, enjoy yourself." Titus spoke to him as he slid in the driver's side of his truck. He set his guitar in the backseat, laying it down and then starting his car. For once he didn't play music as he drove, he relaxed and watched the sky. Despite being as late as he was, he kept himself calm and collected.

When he got to the building and walked inside the designated door for the rehearsal, he waved his hand slowly. "Hey guys, I'm Titus.. don't make any tit jokes, though." He greeted everyone, walking over to them to take a seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back