• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rise of The Republic (LOOKING FOR PLAYERS!)

roman flag.png

The republic of Aelorinae

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself "

The young republic of Aerolinae faces many problems. After defeating their foolish neighbours, they now are faced with even a bigger threat. With the proud city states of the Eretephyrians at their border, they now are being turned against a sublime foe. The trade of Aerolinae is being threatened too, by the greedy and powerful Aronisians. The Aronisians controlling the sea with their mighty navy need to fall. Their arrogance has lasted for too long. While this all happens, the government is filled with traitors. Noble families who try to regain their independence from the Aerolinaean influence.

Although thy are facing hard times the Republic shall rise.

What you will be dealing with

The Aerolinaeans have overthrown their rulers. The Berusciaen tribe who had ruled Aerolinae for decades has finally been defeated. The nation has now been freed from the altruistic tribe of Berusciaen. But with that a new government needed to formed, and that would be the senate. The republic has been recovering from the devestating war for independence and expansion in Berusciaean lands. As you know the Berusciaen tribe has just been defeated, and the senate has just been formed. But other nations have now turned their attention to the fragile republic, hungry for power and lands they shall not hesitate to undermine the ambitions of the Republic. What will you do? Will you seize power of the republic and destroy the senate? Or will you be a succesfull general that will lead Aelorinae to glory? Only time will tell!

The Senate
The Aelorinaean Senate was first created as a 100-member advisory group for the Aelorinaean kings. Later kings expanded the group to 300 members. The senate eventually seized the power of the Aelorinaean kings they were done with the dictatorial rule. They started electing consuls and they began to reign Aelorinae.
The republic was born!

The senators are to this day only Aelorinaean patricians though, so keep that in mind.

Your role
You will play as a character in the republic of Aerolinae. You could be a spy, a merchant, a governor or a senator. Maybe you will be a former enemy of the Republic or a trustable general. The possibilities are endless, and i am really excited to see what you all can come up with.
I will show the map later on (when theres enough people that are interested).

Trektek Trektek

Last edited:
I swear, I have no idea how you keep finding these threads before I do, Jiwon...

(It sounds pretty cool, for sure)

I would definitely be interested as a powerfully loyal and fanatical 1st Lieutenant of the republic , bent on serving the interests of his general to the bitter end even if it means eradicating the entire senate

I have a feeling that this group rp is in the age of early civilization.

I would definitely be interested as a powerfully loyal and fanatical 1st Lieutenant of the republic , bent on serving the interests of his general to the bitter end even if it means eradicating the entire senate

I have a feeling that this group rp is in the age of early civilization.
Want to cross this world's equivalent of the Rubicon with me?

So one of the laws of the Roman Republic was that a generals right to command his troops (his Imperium) only applied outside of the territory under direct Roman and allied Italian rule, the northern border of Rome Proper (before you hit the provinces) was the river Rubicon. If you were a General and marched your army south of this you lost your right of command, and both yourself and your men would be sentenced to death. When Caesar marches south after the war in Gaul and was threatened with prosecution by the Senate he and his army came to the river and he paused here overnight, before crossing over the river and into the core Roman Territory. As such 'Crossing the Rubicon' became a phrase for a point of no return.

Fun side note he is also stated to have said 'the die is cast's at this point, giving us that phrase which is the equivalent of it's in the hands of fate now (obviously he said it in Latin, dont crucify me on the spelling but something along the lines of 'Alexa iacta est')

People finishing their CSs while I'm googling if Romans used white tunics or not...

It's too much of an important fact to mess up! (?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back