• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rise of the Demigods [Main]

Characters
Here
Awatoma Sindar

As he had suspected, disrespecting the entity would have left to a grisly fate. Although, perhaps a deal with a demon is not much better than instant disappearance. Nevertheless, that would be a problem for the future. At the moment, it would be best to evaluate this new situation that he found himself in. Firstly, the feeling of power within him. Energy running through his veins, physique unbound by his previous limitations. He would conduct a small experiment with these new abilities. A minor expenditure of energy, followed by a vision of coruscating colors, then a slight feeling of disorientation.

Awatoma stood several meters away from where he was before. A few moments later, he repeated his actions and reappeared in his original position. Only at that point did he turn to look at the rest of the group, the eclectic mix that he was supposed to work with. The foreign warriors, the odd child, the... snake person? He blinked. It was indeed a half-sanke, half-human hybrid. Unimportant, for the moment.

"Well then, we should perhaps introduce ourselves, as we are meant to be working in unision for the foreseeable future. I am Awatoma Leopold Niketas Sindar. It's a genuine pleasure to meet you."

Citali-Sen

Citali.jpgCitali scuttled away from the group as they suddenly appeared, her antlered circlet falling from her head onto the stony path. The air was warm and humid, the natural harmonies of the forest was a relief from the deafening silence of the void.

Citali looked back to the group as one person disappeared and reappeared, using what could only be the magic of the Old Kingdom. Then they immediately tried to introduce themselves. It was a very foreign name, not the name of one who would know the old ways.
When the man looked at her, she noticed his eyes glance just above her eyes and immediately back down again. It was a short look but one she noticed.
She knew her circlet had fallen off, but she didn’t think she looked that strange without it— she felt it again. The warmth wasn’t simply from the air. Her hair tingled and Citali began to feel lightheaded. She reached up to her hair and felt a bony extrusion from her skull. Pulling her hand away like it burned her, Citali could barely believe it. She had finally earned the antlers of the Watchful Deer. A new sensation filled Citali's chest. It was a sense of purpose. A drive to push forward. Citali had been chosen to join a band of heroes, just like in the storybooks.

Citali picked up the old circlet and tucked it into her belt before standing, brushing the dust off her clothes.
"You may call me Citali."

1649737725693.png
Eliana Contouli
seemed that humouring the creature had consequences seriously consequences.. one that eliana hadn't actually expected whatsoever once the reappeared she tried to get up only to realise she couldn't feel her legs .. what had happend had the infernal thing stolen them... no... it had been replaced she looked down in shock seeing a titanic serpent body emerging form the place where her legs used to be the shattered remains of her leggings scattered around her. “What the.. IM A SNAKE NOW” her serious demeanour faltered a look of fear plastered across her face as she tried to work out what hand happened. “I.. I.. don’t think that thing was lying… I.. I’ll never be accepted as a knight as a knight ever again like this“ she said with a heavy tone on her voice… her life had just gotten alot more complicated.. “What do we do.. now then…”

EtfNV43WgAQi3FQ
Pebble's senses were flooded with the forest, filled to the brim with sounds and smells she recognized and yet could not remember. She doubled over and held onto her ears, trying to block out the deafening sounds of creatures and vegetation all mingling in the forest breeze. It was overwhelming, like stepping out of a silent room and into one filled with a singing crowd.

Even her eyes hurt from the light, even if the sun looked just the same as she remembered. Right... she had to remember where she was. The darkness was no more, and neither was the Spirit of Sky. Had she been given the power it spoke of, or was this just another Dragon's Trick? She forced herself to stand straight and take a good look at her surroundings. It was a forest, one that looked unfamiliar to the boreal mountain valleys of her home. The air was warmer, and the breeze of a different scent.

Then she noticed the snake lady. "Are you a witch? Or is this the blessing of the God of Sky? Does that mean..."

Pebble concentrated on herself. Something was different. She closed her eyes, and the answer came to her. Instinctively, her mane of hair twisted and swelled until it covered her entire body and shifted into that of a bear. Lost in her new discovery, Pebble swiped at a nearby tree, making huge claw marks on the wood and causing it to sway and snap.

Laughter erupted from Pebble as she slammed her paw into the tree again and cracked it in two, watching as it fell down to the forest floor. "I AM PEBBLE, GOD OF THE MOUNTAINS! AHHAHA!"

Shouting with glee, Pebble took off at a sprint down the forest path. As she ran, her form shifted to that of a wolf that grinned from ear to ear. She could feel strength flowing into her, and as the wind rushed against her new body she felt more alive than ever. She felt unstoppable.

From within the minds of the newly awakened they heard the same voice from before: "You are now strong but to grow stronger you must all receive and fulfill Duties."

jmann jmann
You are a healer and a savior, as such you must cure the illnesses of 10 sickly creatures.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe
You are a swordsman with a sense of honor and justice, as such you must claim the heads of 10 criminals.

DrLucky1 DrLucky1
You are a seeker of all knowledge and thus you must break a seal to any forbidden knowledge.

seasonedcat seasonedcat
You are a seeker of the arcane and thus you must uncover or create 2 spells.

Juju Juju
You are a ferocious hunter and as such you must claim the hearts of 10 ferocious beasts.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
You are a proud knight and thus you must defeat 10 soldiers in combat.

"To fulfill these Duties is to attain new strength. Now travel and do as you wish." The voice slowly faded away and from a distance one could hear the sound of a wagon traversing through rough terrain.

Liu Shenlong

Huh. Kill ten criminals. As far as missions went, that... That really wasn't all that difficult, if he was being honest. The world was always, always, infested with bandits and rogues. All you had to do was travel a bit, and you'd run into them sooner or later. And from there on... It was a simple matter to resolve their transgressions with the blade. The swordsman looks to his compatriots, shrugging.

"We should probably hitch a ride on that wagon, I think. Even with our new... powers, we're still going to need all the trappings that civilization provides. I don't think any of us can simply go without food."

Citali-Sen
Citali.jpg
Healing. That was something Citali had grown fond of. She could likely find some medicinal herbs in the surrounding forests, though the climate was far different than that of her homeland. She also knew nothing of her surrounding area or its sicknesses. Her task may prove more difficult than she had initially expected.
Citali’s ears began to flick with all the new sounds she heard. It was the same as before only… deeper. She distinguished between the noises of the forest and found faint whispers in every corner of every tree. She dismissed it for the time being. The wild girl had run screaming down the road.
The swordsman had a point about finding civilisation, but it came with risks and the child was in danger with her injured hand. She knew In such times it was most important to have faith.
Citali reached into a heavy bag on her hip and felt among the smooth stones. She pulled one from the bag at random and held it close, whispering: “She needs my help”.
With that, she dropped it on the grass. Kneeling down she read the faint rune inscribed on the face pointed upwards: ‘False’.
“So be it,” Citali muttered beneath her breath as she tucked the stone back into her bag. The spirit of the stones never lied, yet sometimes their wisdom was beyond her.
“I agree with the coloniser. We aren’t safe out here. But first, what are the rest of your names?”

Piers was still amazed by every action the clearly godly being preformed, so close to the magic he had been searching for among the mortals it sent shivers down his spine. As the little flame floated towards him, Piers reached his hand out and poked it, wondering if it was even tangible or held distinct similarities to the flame it look so similar to. When it spoke Peirs jumped a bit, was this also a living creature? It soon became so bright he winced away from it, covering his eyes with his arm to try and block out the light.

as the noise of birds filled his ears Piers wondered for a brief moment if he had just had a dream and was now waking up in his bedroll from a much needed sleep. However, as his eyes adjusted to the new light and the sight of the same people he had just met he knew that either this is a very long dream or this was very real. He lowered his arm and took in the sight around him, some of the others had changed by the most important thing was the change of himself.

he felt lighter, the exhaustion from not sleeping had vanished even though he knew that he had not slept. Just what exactly could he do now, what did the decision that he just made do to him. Did he now have magic. He quickly reached to his side to grab his journal, but when he pulled it to write in he saw a book that he did not own. He blinked and confusion, flipping through the pages to see that they were all empty. The most discerning part of the book however was that as he was flipping through the pages there was seemingly no end, more pages kept existing no matter how long he flipped.

taking his charcoal he touched it to the paper to write, his motions stopping as the charcoal seemingly vanished, becoming a drawing on the page. Piers gasped, a sense of thrill running through him. He then went to touch the drawing, his fingers going through the page as he could feel it at the tips of his fingers. He reached in and grabbed it, the exact same charcoal he had just held, that was just drawn, now in his hands again.

"not exactly the magic I had been searching for, but it is simply fascinating..." he muttered to himself as he began grabbing things such as leaves and branches to place into the pages. When yet another voice entered his head he began to look around again, remembering again that there was other people around other than them. He now noticed some clear changes, approaching them he found himself poking at the snake lady's tail, "Is that real? How strange that you would take that form... what exactly does it give you? Do you feel different? How similar are you to a snake? Do you have other characteristics of them other than your tail?" he was also intrigued by the antler lady, noticing her discarded headpiece on the ground that used to hold her fake antlers, "are those antlers real now? Does that make you similar to a deer? Both of you I need all the information you can give!" this time he grabbed the right book from his side, the one he could write in as he stared at them.
jmann jmann Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
EtfNV43WgAQi3FQ

"10 beasts? HAH! Pebble, god of the Mountains can do that in one day! Just watch, Spirit-of-Sky!"

As Pebble rushed through the forest, seeking out any sign of a worthy foe, she heard the strangest sound she had ever heard. In the distance was a rumbling, like a scraping of claws, or the digging of horns. This sound rattled, but beneath it she could hear snorts and foot falls, heavy ones. It had to be a ferocious beast, one whose heart she could eat to gain its strength!

Pebble's wolf form changed direction so fast she skidded into a nearby tree, slamming her body against it. Surprisingly, she didn't feel any pain from it. It would seem that her hair sheltered her from the brunt of most damage, at least blunt force.

Her claws caught the forest floor, stirring up clumps of leaves and dirt as she sped off towards this mysterious beast, following its strange sound. All the while she hooted and hollered with glee, eager for her first battle as Pebble, God of the Mountains! Once she had defeated these 10 beasts she would challenge the Mountain Bear himself and take his place. The thought made her grin from ear to ear, though it was hidden beneath the dark mass of hair.

Pebble burst onto the road in front of the carriage, her wolf tail lashing from side to side in her excitement.

"By the Bear's Beard, look at that beast! It must be the lord of these woods!" Pebble stared in awe at what to anyone else would be nothing more than a carriage. Her beady red eyes looked towards the horses and person driving it, "I see you even have servants, 'Lord of These Woods'! I will take them after I've eaten your heart, as my first worshippers! AHHAHAH!'

The one wolfish form twisted and grew in size, turning into the mighty form of a bear. Pebble roared as she charged for the carriage and began to maul it with her claws. "You are no match for Pebble, God of the Mountains!"

Solirus Solirus

Awatoma Sindar

A seeker of all knowledge... break the seal on forbidden knowledge... a momentous task, and an appropriate one, to be sure. What could count for such criteria? The lost history of the world? Magic thus far unknown to humanity? Possibilities whirled like a storm in the scholar's mind.

At the same time, he began to observe the other empowered begins nearby. Surely, knowing of their abilities could only be helpful in the future, and remaining in the dark could only bring disaster. However, before he could take a close look, the chaotic actions of this small, shapeshifting child pulled his attention. Intent on stopping her before she could get lost or cause trouble, he blinked after her, following the wild one with rapid teleportation through the dense woodland. "Stop!"

Eliana Contouli
interaction: seasonedcat seasonedcat
"I don't know why I ended up with serpent tail perhaps my lack of initial faith in this whole situation led to me getting somewhat punished for a lack of blind faith? Truly I know not but I do feel very serpentine.. and umm there appears to be some fangs in my mouth why I’ve ended up with such a specific set of.. hmm.. powers? Mutations? Is unclear” Eliana admitted to the curious man still incredibly confused as she began to get a hang of moving as if a second nature to it was coming into being tho still unsure of what she was supposed to do now a voice spoke to her giving her a task to essentially continue her duties as a knight more or less.. tho if she had any honour left with her new form.

“oh well.. I suppose I best get to defeating solider’s this should be… interesting to say the least I suppose ill have to relearn how To fight I guess but frankly I’m not sure.. how about you mr? Actually, I didn’t catch your name?"

Pebble crashed upon the carriage, her beastly claws and ferocity tearing through it bit by bit. The carriage tilted from the force of the strikes as did both horses who pulled it, neighing in fear as one of them fell and the other broke free galloping away. Another thud could be heard soon followed by the cry of a man followed by a curse.

As Pebble kept tearing through it, a translucent and bright red liquid began to spread soaking her hair in the process. Instead of the taste of blood Pebble could only taste water, only slightly altered.

Nearby: Juju Juju DrLucky1 DrLucky1

Citali-Sen
Citali.jpg
Citali was overwhelmed with the flash flood of questioning. Every question had an answer, but she knew none of them.
“I—” Citali muttered, unsure of her own biology, “uh… listen— you see…”
Citali panicked and grabbed Piers by the shoulders, looking him deep in the eyes.
“I know as much as you do, okay? Take a breath; count your toes.”
Citali let go and lurched around to the cart under attack.
“Hey! Stop that bear!”
She broke off from the others and sprinted past Awatoma.

If it’s black; fight back, she thought to herself. Immediately she starting howling and shouting at the bear, stretching her arms out as wide as possible as she ran. With a burst of speed even Citali did not expect, she threw herself feet-first at the giant bear form, aiming to kick it away from the cart.

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

Liu Shenlong

The martial artists follows after Citali, swearing profusely. Why the fuck did the child have to be give the power to turn into a bear-monster, and furthermore, why did that child turn out to be a murderous idiot! With his enhanced strength and speed, Liu rushes to work with Citali, exploiting the fact that she'd kicked the bear away to pin Pebbles to the ground in a hold, despite the child's frenzied thrashing. He didn't want to harm the kid, but he certainly needed to restrain them!

"Citali, take care of the survivors!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back