• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rise of An Intercelestial Regime

Axel The Englishman

The Holy Crusader
Synopsis

The Milky Way is a vast cradle of the mysterious and the unrecognised, teeming with potential and possibility. One such example would be Humanity. Perhaps you have heard of them? By the year 2122, according to their calendar, they soon discovered the secrets of FTL travel and embarked on a journey to discover the secrets of the universe. Soon, they discovered they weren't alone in this black expanse of stars, uncovering other sentient lifeforms just as curious as they were. But soon they found out that the rest of the cosmos wasn't as friendly as they were. Constant strife and aggressive competition for vital resources opened their eyes, and soon they realised that this ascension was not without its drawbacks. Humanity made itself known as a competitor and as a target. Not enough to go around for everyone. The current year is 2271. This year marks the rise of an intercelestial regime (HE SAID IT).

Setting

The current year is 2271 by Earth's calendar. Humanity has ventured out across the stars, but over time has fragmented into dozens of factions due to internal civil struggles. Players may assume control over their own custom human faction - all of which descend from the now-extinct Union of Colonies (whoever wants to control its direct descendant better notify me of such intent). But players are not just limited to humans, and may create their own race as they see fit with varying levels of technology and dominance in the galaxy, as long as it is not grossly overpowered with barely any weakness to note. I will be making sure of this, as expected from Big Brother.

Links

Faction Sheets - Nation Building - Rise of an Intercelestial Regime - Character Sheets

OOC - Nation Building - Rise of An Intercelestial Regime - OOC

Last edited:
I think I'll be interested as the direct continuation of the United Colonies. They'll control two star systems, the Solar System we all know and love plus nearby Alpha Centauri.

Pat Pat Better be prepared for the fact that you’re not exactly the most popular kid on the interstellar block.
I've got a similar scenario planned out, but ever since the first couple of people responded a few days ago it hasn't garnered much interest. So If it doesn't pick up soon Count me in for this one. I'd like to be another Successor state, this time situated in the Galactic Core region.

Pat Pat Better be prepared for the fact that you’re not exactly the most popular kid on the interstellar block.
I'm still going to win Miss Universe beauty pageant, Becky. In all seriousness though, I was planning to make exploitation (to the benefit of Alpha Centauri and the Solar System) and (if the colony in question was more of a liability than an asset) abandonment of, respectively, the rest of the former United Colonies, the reason why humanity became so fractured.

MrThe MrThe If you’re going successor state then there’d need to be some sort of McGuffin to explain the vast distance from Sol to the core of the galaxy.
Oh, I thought the humans had already spread pretty far before they fractured. Also with FTL, vast distances shouldn't really be a problem unless they aren't that advanced.

MrThe MrThe The reason why humanity wouldn't be so spread out because they have only had access to FTL travel for 149 years, and wouldn't have been incredibly advanced when it was first made possible. Plus, you wouldn't want your population all in different places far from home, since that'll lead to issues with maintaining law, order, and your rule over these territories.

MrThe MrThe The reason why humanity wouldn't be so spread out because they have only had access to FTL travel for 149 years, and wouldn't have been incredibly advanced when it was first made possible. Plus, you wouldn't want your population all in different places far from home, since that'll lead to issues with maintaining law, order, and your rule over these territories.
Makes Sense. I think I'll explain it as a sort of Exploratory Fleet sent to find suitable planets but then they went like, "LOL NOPE" and decided that they were going to find the best planets for them selves and make their own confederation, with Blackjack, and Hookers.

This seems interesting, could i use items from certain universes? Like halo? But not actually use halos lore, government officials, planets, etc? just the, ships, armor, weapons, and that sorta stuff?

Quite interested. Could I possibly play as the descendants of a long-lost expedition from the beginning ages of FTL travel? Essentially, they would have been isolated for so long that they aren't quite human anymore, (Space elves lmao).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back