• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

truthofself

resident problem child
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
ringing w o r l d.love alarm.
1567046510_431_Discover-The-Real-Artist-Of-JoJo-As-The-Ringing-World%E2%80%99s-Illustrations-In-%E2%80%9CLove-Alarm%E2%80%9D.jpg
who are you, in this ringing world?

type,, krp, group, love alarm
basic plot,, a brief period of highschool junior/senior year before a 4 year time-skip..
inspiration,, love alarm, netflix show.

someone within ten meters loves you. have you downloaded love alarm? its an app the tells you when someone who has romantic feelings for you is near. you're now living in a ringing world, do you run, or do you ring for someone?

code by houseplant houseplant

don't take it personal

Jisung didn't know why he let Taehyun convince him to download the love alarm app. He hadn't ever been in love, nor did he think others would love him, but that was proven wrong the second he stepped into school the next day, phone dinging with several notifications. He didn't get it, he knew he had a "mysterious" charm a lot of the girls loved, but he didn't think it would be enough for the love alarm.

He slung his arm around Taehyun's waist, avoiding gazes as they headed down the hallway. Taehyun patted his arm, smiling up at him.

"I see you've already gotten some?"

"Surprisingly, yeah."

"It's not surprising. You're handsome, it's to be expected." Taehyun mused, "I've gotten one or two so far. It feels weird, knowing the person is real close, but it also feels nice. It's nice to know somebody out there likes me."

"I like you," Jisung cooed, puckering out his lips towards the shorter male who gave him a disgusted look, slapping his lips with the palm of his hand, making Jisung whine in pain.

"Gross." Taehyun shivered, making Jisung gasp, an offended look making it's way onto his features.

mingyu & minki.
7f6186ba958cca4adc1e19e65dea0405de5524f5r1-1536-2048v2_hq.jpg
the lim twins

Together the set of twins sat in the school's courtyard. It was kind of cold, as the changing of seasons occurred, so it should've been warm already. Minki sighed, with his legs hanging over his brothers as they sat peacefully next to each other, not speaking a word; just hearing the soft rings of Mingyus phone. Minki hated the Love Alarm app; and how often it would ring for Mingyu. The way Mingyu always smirked or laughed when it rang again. And Minki just shook his head and tried to ignore it. It'd only been a few days. The app had been out for weeks at that point. But Minki downloaded it for his elder twin. He knew Mingyu was popular, even if he wasn't supposed to have the app as it could interfere with his work as an idol trainee. But both of them took the risk; both knowing Mingyu had the app. The one rung again in Mingyu's hand, as another girl walked by. Mingyu smiled and watched as she walked by; causing Minki to shake his head and sigh.
"Ki? Jealous again are we?"

Minki rolled his eyes. "Like I'd be jealous of someone like you."

"If you aren't; download the app, and we can see how many make yours rings."

Minki quickly shook his head in protest, "I don't want to know that. The apps dumb." He spoke crossing his arms. "Why would i wanna know who likes me?"

"You could get a girlfriend, or boyfriend. If you follow in my steps."

MInki sighed and swung his legs off his brothers and stood from where he sat with his arms still crossed. "I dont want to date anyone." He could've said more but he knew Mingyu would press for answers and questions, and that always apireled out of control. "Drop it ok? I'm not getting the stupid app."

Mingyu laughed and put his phone down grabbing at his a brothers blazer and dragging him to sit down with him again, a smile on his face. "I know Ki, I'm just messing with you!"​

[div style="display: none;"]font call[/div] [class name="root"] font-smoothing: antialiased; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; font-size: initial; width: 60%; margin: 1% auto; position: relative; height: 0px; padding-top: 48%; overflow: hidden; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; [/class] [class name="root" maxWidth="500px"] height: auto; padding-top: 0px; width: 98%; [/class] [class name="flexContainer"] position: absolute; top: 13%; bottom: 13%; left: 0%; right: 0%; height: 74%; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; align-content: center; box-sizing: border-box; border: 1px solid #d4d4d4; [/class] [class name="flexContainer" maxWidth="500px"] position: relative; top: 0px; bottom: 0px; height: auto; display: block; [/class] [class name="imageArea"] flex: 1 0 150px; background-color: #E5E5E5; height: 100%; position: relative; [/class] [class name="imageArea" maxWidth="500px"] overflow: hidden; padding: 15px; [/class] [class name="image"] position: absolute; width: 80%; height: 125%; top: 50%; left: 50%; bottom: 50%; right: 50%; transform: translate(-50%, -50%); background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/92/84/3d92841b8775eb8f8ad7be5b9063d069.jpg) center center/cover; filter: saturate(0%); display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10% 15px; justify-content: flex-end; align-items: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class name="image" maxWidth="500px"] position: relative; width: 100%; padding-top: 100%; height: 0px; top: 0px; left: 0px; right: 0px; bottom: 0px; transform: none; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/Lp9PDym.png) center 35%/cover; [/class] [class name="name"] text-align: left; font-size: 6vh; color: #FFFFFF; line-height: .85em; letter-spacing: -.1em; font-family: 'Times', serif; font-weight: bold; width: auto; margin-right: .5em; [/class] [class name="name" maxWidth="500px"] position: absolute; bottom: 20px; left: 50%; right: 50%; width: 80%; transform: translateX(-50%); [/class] [class name="contentArea"] flex: 1.7 0 150px; height: 100%; background: #FFFFFF; position: relative; overflow: hidden; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; padding: 5% 0px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name="contentArea" maxWidth="500px"] display: block; padding-top: 8%; [/class] [class name="basics"] flex: 0 0 auto; width: 80%; margin: 0px 10% 15px 10%; [/class] [class name="role"] display: block; color: #2F2F2F; font-size: 6vh; line-height: .85em; letter-spacing: -.1em; font-family: 'Times', serif; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 2px 2px #d4d4d4; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class name="infoLine"] width: 95%; font-size: .9em; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; margin-left: 5%; [/class] [class name="meta"] flex: 0 0 20%; font-size: .7em; font-weight: bold; font-family: 'Times', serif; margin: 0px 5px; margin-top: 2px; color: #919191; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name="data"] flex: 1 0 auto; margin: 0px 5px; color: #b8b8b8; line-height: .85em; [/class] [class name="scrollboxArea"] flex: 1 0 100px; width: 80%; margin: 0px 10% 0px 10%; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name="scrollboxArea" maxWidth="500px"] height: auto; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right: 150px; color: #858585; font-size: .8em; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name="scrollbox" maxWidth="500px"] height: auto; [/class] [class name="p"] display: block; text-align: justify; margin-bottom: .85em; [/class] [div class="root"] [div class="flexContainer"] [div class="imageArea"] [div class="image"] [div class="name"] kim
seongjin [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="contentArea"] [div class="basics"] [div class="role"];seongjin[/div] [div class="infoLine"] [div class="meta"]location[/div] [div class="data"]near sports field[/div] [/div] [div class="infoLine"] [div class="meta"]tags[/div] [div class="data"]none[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="scrollboxArea"] [div class="scrollbox"] [div class="p"] Seongjin wandered the school grounds, the familiar weight of his guitar on his back. His eyes appeared to be looking around, but his gaze said he didn't really see anything. His attention was on the music playing through his earphones; there'd been too much noise in the classroom. A few greeted him as he passed, but took no offense as he went by without responding. If you knew Seongjin, you were used to it. [/div] [div class="p"] It took a while, but he finally found a spot at the edge of the track and field course. His guitar found its place beside him. The breeze was crisp, almost biting, but the sun's warmth soothed its jagged edges. He reached into the front pocket of his guitar case, pulling out a notebook. The cover was non-descript; a plain red, with the manufacturer's logo on the bottom right. An easy name for the item would be a journal, but for Seongjin, it wasn't just a log of his day to day activities. He jotted down fragmented chords that would eventually become a melody, or disjointed phrases that would eventually become lyrics to a song. [/div] [div class="p"] A shadow covered his light and he found himself looking up, already suspecting he knew who it belonged to. He placed the notebook back into its case, pulling out one of his earphones to avoid the lecture he knew would come if he kept them plugged in. [/div] [div class="p"] "Seongjin, did your app ring already?" The younger girl took the seat next to him. She reached over and took the free earphone, listening briefly before giving it back. "I like their voice. Send them to me later?" [/div] [div class="p"] "Of course not. I didn't even want the app in the first place, I don't understand why you had to go and download it onto my phone." Jiyeong simply shrugged, and Seongjin could only sigh in response. This was the issue with childhood friends; they felt too comfortable doing whatever they wanted around you and your things. "Don't you have some club activity or student council thing to do?" [/div] [div class="p"] "As a matter of fact, I do. See you later." Jiyeong left as quickly as she came, and the very air itself seemed to grow quieter with her presence gone. He brought out his phone, the lack of notifications both a relief and a disappointment at once. Seongjin knew it was probably better if he uninstalled the damn thing, but morbid curiosity lead him to leave it untouched as he pocketed the device once again. He'd do it once he got home. [/div] [div class="p"] Maybe. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[div class=container] [div class=hold][div class=img][/div] [div class=name]invidia_ [div class=smaller][div class=overflow style="padding-right: 20px"]location: through the hallways | interaction: jisung & taehyun | tags: houseplant houseplant [/div][/div][/div] [div class=follow]follow[/div][/div] [div class=center][div class=moodboard] [div class=aesthe style="background-size: 200%"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/ee51a32a909a92857225313ba1a6be38/tumblr_pxvxwjnT461w2npyso4_250.png)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/d2b3a72437c8a9310fb1b5ae9bd5d383/daddeb90149724ec-ab/s640x960/f44d88d4cd63b85d5f8f69b77a1815e3ad9b4b07.jpg)"][/div]
[div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/011a7310384163583477c2e6f50ec4c4/tumblr_pwwmfuf3xz1xh10pvo7_250.png)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/50a6b360dfe6f2dff22a7a88066d1c7f/a78ce73a2cdbbffe-5e/s640x960/4b5f9a1e389c9c7ff0186d2977c744ec90548afc.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/bff484391d3a48cb3ba7d6f28f16be2d/tumblr_pxvxwjnT461w2npyso2_250.png)"][/div] [/div] [div class=text][div class=overflow] It had been awhile since Sooyung had downloaded the app and she was rather sorely disappointed that it hadn't ring as much as she thought it would. She pouts her lips while looking at her phone, wondering why people wouldn't like her. She was obviously pretty. She was stylish. Her grades weren't bad and neither her motor-skills. She was technically in the same circle as all of the popular kids so what was it? Sooyung was worried that this might impact her reputation if they asked how many times her phone had rang. She obviously should have her phone ringing nonstop so that everyone would be in awe of her. It would further cement the image of people had for her. Sooyung couldn't help but think but perhaps people were intimidated by her because she was too perfect. She taps her chin with her index finger as she thinks.

Everyone was greeting her and turning their heads as she passed them by. It gave her a sense of pride as she could feel it ring every now and then. It wasn't as many as she expected but it should be more compared to other people. There was a sense of satisfaction having people obviously look up to her. The ends of her lips couldn't help curling upwards. She especially enjoyed it when others were envious of her. It was proof that she was better than them and that she wasn't sub-par or lacking in anyway.

As she was walking and greeting everyone that had passed, she spotted a figure that she would know anywhere. Sooyung could feel her heart thumping, her cheeks getting warm. It was Jisung! Sooyung quickened her steps towards him while trying not to be too obvious. She moved to the side that was not being preoccupied by Taehyun. "Hello." she bows at them, a bright but bashful smile across her face. No doubt the application on his phone would ring this time because of her. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same in her case proving her feelings to be unrequited but this wasn't enough to deter the female. "Did you guys just arrive as well?" she asked them. They technically knew each other from being in similar circles but they weren't particularly close however this does not mean they were exactly strangers either. Sooyung was hoping to take this opportunity from now on to get closer to male known as the Ice Prince.
[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine[/div] [class=container]height: 400px; max-width: 350px; padding: 15px; background: #e1e1e1; margin: auto; --button: #cd5c5c; --active: #303030 [/class] [class=hold]height: 23%; width: 91%; padding: 5%; top: 0%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; filter: grayscale(20%); [/class] [class=name]display: inline-block; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: -4vw; left: 5%; transition: 0.8s [/class] [class=smaller]font-size: 8px; color: #909090; font-weight: 600; font-smoothing: antialiased; height: 27px; width: 120px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=img]height: 99%; width: 28%; display: inline-block; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/3165f29678f135a593e7ddd8b6bd7f7d/tumblr_pyb2fjbgEb1xb3kszo6_400.png); background-size: 140%; background-position: 10% 25%; filter: grayscale(5%) saturate(90%); border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid var(--button); cursor: pointer [/class] [class=follow]height: 2; width: 50px; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; background: var(--button); border-radius: 3px; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; position: relative; top: 40%; float: right; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class name=follow state=hover]background: var(--active); cursor: pointer [/class] [class name=black]background: var(--active) [/class] [class name=blackt]color: var(--active) [/class] [class name=pink]color: var(--button) [/class] [class=center]height: 57%; width: 89%; padding: 3%; top: 5%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; text-align: center [/class] [class=moodboard]height: 100%; width: 100%; color: transparent; font-size: 19px; z-index: 5; overflow: hidden; line-height: 85px; position: relative; top: 4%; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class=high]top: -7% [/class] [class=low]top: 4% [/class] [class=overflow]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: auto; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=aesthe]display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; height: 36%; width: 25%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/edd679c8f7c20c06512e28cbb74fbe00/daddeb90149724ec-3c/s640x960/aff35825c7706866851a33b4206c4ff03e36bd47.jpg); background-size: cover; [/class] [class=text]height: 65%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.7em; text-align: justify; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; transition: 0.4s [/class] [class=vis]opacity: 1 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; font-size: 10px; opacity: 0; text-align: center [/class] [script class=follow on=click] addClass black follow addClass up moodboard removeClass down moodboard addClass high moodboard removeClass low moodboard addClass pink name removeClass blackt name addClass vis text [/script] [script class=img on=click] removeClass black follow removeClass up moodboard addClass down moodboard removeClass high moodboard addClass low moodboard addClass blackt name removeClass pink name removeClass vis text [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]height: 100%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 30%;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]height: 30%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation]

Han Yena

Yena checked her phone. No new notifications.

She plunked her head down onto the desk with a groan of defeat.

"I can't believe you of all people would be concerned about getting rung," Hyemi said, patting her head in what she must have thought was a soothing manner.

"I'm not," Yena said, muffled. "One of the freshmen on the newspaper hasn't submitted his article yet. It's due tomorrow. I'm concerned."

Just to be sure, she checked her email again. Nothing.

Stupid freshmen and their stupid antics. She briefly entertained the thought of hunting him down by some means or another, but decided against it. At this point it might be too late.

Hyemi was chattering over her thoughts, and Yena let her words soothe her into a daze. She'd talk to Ms. Hong, the club sponsor, at lunch and message the rest of the leadership team before then. Someone would have to write something in the timespan of two days---the missing article was an opinion piece, paired with another article of the opposite point of view. That freshman had actually been responsible, and she'd hate to let him down.

"Do you think I have enough time to get coffee?" Hyemi said abruptly. "If I drive, order, and come back...."

"No."

"My parents are used to the phone calls," she said, flapping her hand dismissively. "Bet I can do it. How much do you bet?"

"No."

Hyemi stood up. "You're on."

"I didn't bet anything."

She didn't turn, already halfway out of the classroom, keys jangling in hand. "Do you want anything?"

Yena shook her head. "I'd like to go to sleep tonight, thank you."

"Loser," Hyemi said, and sauntered out into the hallway.

code by Ri.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back