• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Righteous side of hell [RP]

Katherine couldn't help but laugh a little at Simon's comment about no one expecting a vampire.
He was right, even though vampires were a common topic in this time, no one really believed in their existence anymore; lucky for them- minding the advanced weaponry and technology of this century most of her kind would have probably gone extinct by now, if mankind was still as aware of their presence as back in the days of her youth. Her human youth, mind you. Her vampire youth was eternal.
"Oh believe me, if people would actually expect a vampire I'm pretty sure I'd already be dead, along with most others", she said nodding, her gaze locked to the forest. It was always the same, humans were afraid of what they didn't know, and even more so of anything above them in the food chain.
In the end, they were like rabbits thinking they were tigers.
She smiled a little, but this smile wasn't happy like most of the time, but the smile of someone who'd just seen too much.
"You see, I'm thankful that you seem to think quite highly of me, but I wanna be honest... I might sound like a Saint, saying what I said, but trust me, I might be on the righteous side of hell... But hell nonetheless. Five hundred years of living leave plenty of time to make a lot of bad decisions."
And while she regretted many of her wrongdoings, there were certain things she didn't... Things for which she felt nothing but the cold mindset of a psychopath.

But once again Simon's oh so obvious human cluelessness distracted her and painted a smile on her face.
Yeah, she knew the stories, but they weren't true. In fact, they were completely wrong.
"Yeah, we can sleep", she answered her question. "most of us avoid it, though, like sunlight: it makes us human."
She chuckled softly, smirking at her new companion apologetically.
"most vampires like being vampires, you know? Strong, immortal, fast, senses better than any bloodhound... But when we sleep or expose ourselves to sunlight, all that disappears. But yeah..."
But would it really be smart to go back to where Marcus had just found them? It could be smart, hiding right under his nose, or the worst strategy ever, she wasn't sure...
"but do you think it would be smart to go back to the city? What about Marcus?"

---***---

Marcus was listening intently to Aly's explanations, the crease between his his eyebrows growing deeper with every sentence. The first part of her story didn't really make any sense to him.
Shots to keep fevers down?
Hm, maybe.
But an allergy starting after a shot?
That sounded odd to say the least and made a million scenarios cross his mind.
Most of which contained werewolf blood.
Had her father used the blood of a werewolf to keep whatever illness she had been suffering under control?
As far as he knew vampire blood had healing capabilities, at least in small doses. He wasn't sure whether or not the same could be said about werewolf blood though. But if so... Maybe that allergy could be explained by that?
After all... A real allergy against pure silver was impossible...
There was something supernatural going on there, but while his mind was screaming werewolf, his heart refused to acknowledge it.
He wouldn't be another person judging her.
Back when he'd gone through his mutation, he'd had no one to support him, and he didn't want her to go through the same.
As long as she didn't give him a reason, he wouldn't say a word against her.

The look in his eyes was one full of sympathy as she mentioned him probably knowing what it was like. If she just knew.
But maybe, just maybe, she was a good person to know it.
His dirty little secret.
The true reason they called him monster.
But not right now. Maybe when the time was right, when she'd know him well enough to not be scared of what was lingering deep inside him.

With a side glance at her he noticed the blush on her face. Yeah, that's what he'd be like, too.
He'd even been like that about the obvious part of his mutation, before he'd settled with just not giving a fuck about anyone and their opinions.
He felt more sympathy for her than anyone would guess.
He turned to retrieve something from the backseat and returned to Aly with a small pot holding a dark red ointment.
"Well", he mumbled softly- and in that very moment every facade and wall dropped and left nothing but bare, raw Marcus. He gently placed a hand on the back of her burned hand and turned it around so he could carefully vet that injury with the enigmatic balm.
While he was carefully rubbing it on the burns, he looked up into her eyes, shrugging a little before he looked down again, now actually looking ashamed.
As he was done with her hand, he let go of it and put the small pot away before speaking.
"Gordon... Was my partner, years ago, when that incident with the basilisk happened", he explained silently.
"He's an asshole and would even kill his own mother if she was a monster, but despite all that... He saved my life. He got out of there just in time but I was dumb and tried to kill that snake. Without him running back in to save me I would have died in those catacombs."
Afzer clearing his throat he pointed at her hand, looking away.
"That should help against the burns, by the way. Ghoul blood, vervain, chamomile, aloe Vera and ribwort. Cools and soothes the skin and and prevents infections..."

Simon could only just suppress a shiver that ran through him. Katherine's words made it sound like she had killed plenty before, and in the back of his mind, he knew it was very, very likely. Either because he didn't want to view her in that light or perhaps he didn't like thinking about how much he was practically toying with death at the moment, he chose to move onto the topic of sleep. It wasn't such a bad topic either, considering how late it was already. Unfortunately no traces of sleepiness could be detected on the young man's features. Yes, it was late, but after everything that had transpired that night he wasn't sure he wouldn't be able to go to bed anyways. It wasn't anything like being at his job.

Oh shit. His job.

"Dammit." He cursed under his breath, momentarily taking his attention away from Katherine. He quickly went to retrieve his phone from the passenger side seat and unlocked it, only to be harshly met with 3 more calls from his boss and one text that simply read, "Don't bother coming back." The brunette bit his lip as he made his way back to his waiting companion. Clearing his throat he glanced up at her.

"Well...I'm out of a job now." He gave a half-hearted smile and ran a hand through his hair, feeling nervous again. He had to force his mind back onto the conversation.

"I-uh. Yea, no, if-if you're not comfortable going back then I totally understand. I just...I mean we can't stay out here forever. Listen I don't know much about this Marcus guy but uh, if he's found you already after a few years of tracking you then he definitely hasn't given up yet. If you're ok with it, why don't we just go see if Marcus' car is anywhere around the neighborhood. If not, then you can...you can stay at my place if you want," He trailed off, looking a bit bashful now, "I know your place and my place are close, but that guy doesn't know me right? I mean, he has no reason to suspect I was with you of all people. My place isn't the cleanest, but I can pick up a bit." He shrugged, pocketing his phone. He made a mental note to go into work tomorrow and get ready to beg for another chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aly watched Marcus' face intently, waiting for any look of disapproval from him. The most she could read was confusion that slowly morphed into sympathy, and she supposed that was a good sign that everything was still ok between them. She gave him a small smile but kept silent as he got up to reach for something in the backseat. The younger hunter tried to peak around him to see what he was getting, but only got a good look when he turned back around. In his hands he held a small, dark pot. She gave him a confused look.

"What the hell's that?" She asked but was only greeted with a warm touch from Marcus' hand to the back of hers. He flipped it so her irritated skin shown quite obviously against the harsh lights of the gas station, and Aly then realized that the marks were not as subtle as she thought they had been. She watched as he very gently put some weird substance on the burns. She expected a stinging sensation but was only met with a nice, cold feeling as if someone had just put an ice cube on her hand. The slow movements were very soothing and Aly found herself about to doze off until Marcus had removed his hand again and put the balm-y stuff back. She glanced at the burns as he started on his story about Gordan. Her eyes slowly made their way to Marcus' very troubled gaze as he recounted his tale. Now she was the one to give him a sympathetic look.

"Oh...oh." Was all she managed to say. The hunter drew her attention back to her injury as Marcus explained what that stuff had been.

"Thank you." The quiet thanks wasn't only for the ointment, but also for Marcus' willingness to open up to her. She certainly hadn't expected to know so much about him in one night, but she was happy nonetheless.

"Well, don't let him get a big head about it. He doesn't need that." Aly managed to joke, giving a small smile before barely stifling a yawn.

"We should get to bed. There's a long drive ahead of us tomorrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back