• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Righteous Fiends OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Hey, what's the quality of the land in Kroms? Also, are there any notable internal tensions among the Savaan?

Poor. Mostly karst landscape. Kromsians rely heavily on aquaculture, a few extremely hardy crops, and various meat products provided by the Surgeons that it is discouraged to think about too much.
For some reason the august powers of Vasnok do not extend to plants.

There are three broad tendencies:
The Isolationists believe that the cult should simply wait for Vasnok to rise and focus on protecting Her. Hope that if unprovoked, the enemy will stay where they are.
The Expansionists believe either Kroms should make a major offensive to crush the enemy, or divert forces to take land from less involved actors (they are themselves divided between pushing east into Kelen, or going by sea to establish a colony beyond H'kaer's reach).
The Subversionists believe Savaan should make diplomatic overtures both subtle and overt to convert foreigners to the faith.

Okay, so Rahu is 300% a subversionist, in case it wasn't obvious. If anything, he's radical even for them, at least in private; he doesn't care whether they worship the Goddess as long as Her people are safe, though he does think worshiping Vasnok is a self-evident decision.

Anyway, the reason I ask is mostly because I wanted to figure out whether praises to Vasnok regarding the Exodus would center on "look at this beautiful land you gave us" or "thank you for giving us this trial to overcome."

Might be a bit more 'thank you for leading us to safety' if not bounty, since the citadel is damn near unassailable.

True, although over time I see the cult developing more of a 'temple of the flesh' angle where so long as one of the Children is with you, there too is the homeland.
Although the Ker Viteur probably have a closer relationship to the actual land since they're expected to work it and that would be reflected in their specific propaganda liturgies.

Fun fact - there is a rare honour visited on some Savaan where they find some of their powers enhanced and sometimes say they dream the dreams of the sleeping god.
The reason being they've been made a phylactery of sorts; if one of the Vampires of the highest priesthood is killed, their soul will subsume that of the Savaan and the Vampire will be reborn in their flesh.

Bonus fun fact - once a Vampire: The Requiem GM let me do that to a ghoul with my custom Clan but I never got to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Interesting! I think Raaye is rather unconcerned with the politics of it all, but if pressed, they would consider themselves vaguely Isolationist with tendency to Subversionism. Which is odd, considering that most of their tasks align with the goals of the Expansionists, but it wraps back around to Raaye's not-quite-sympathy towards their enemies. I bet everyone assumes they're Expansionist, though, considering how uncompromising they are.

The reason being they've been made a phylactery of sorts; if one of the Vampires of the highest priesthood is killed, their soul will subsume that of the Savaan and the Vampire will be reborn in their flesh.

That's incredibly metal, and I love it.

As a general question, if we have NPCs in our background, do you care if we write/interact with them, or would you prefer for us to leave that for you?

You can feel free to interact with them, but if you want to give me three bulletpoints about their mannerisms, looks, motive or something that can help when I might need to take over or weave them into the plot.

You can feel free to interact with them, but if you want to give me three bulletpoints about their mannerisms, looks, motive or something that can help when I might need to take over or weave them into the plot.

Awesome, I'll toss this here, then.

Avnoch Andryss Neetiva
  • Raaye's sister, very similar in appearance: brown skin, brown eyes, soft features. Keeps her dark, curly hair long, unlike Raaye's shoulder-length cut.
  • A Guard, but works more in historical scholarship: has the bare minimum of physical competency needed to serve on basic missions
  • Warm, friendly, but has her sibling's obsessive tendencies, though geared to a different subject: easily loses track of time with books to the point of being careless
Avnoch Neetiva Danash
  • Raaye's nephew, takes more after his father: he has sharp features, light brown skin, pin-straight hair, gray eyes, and is very tall.
  • Just entered his teens and wants to become a serious Guard like his (late) father. Briefly considered being a Shade, but a conversation with Raaye made him decide against it
  • Tries to act older and more serious than he is; has had to compensate for his mother's absent-minded nature

All members of the Savaan are expected to serve as Guards or Surgeons, but they are encouraged to develop skills outside that and it's not too uncommon for Guard who have dedicated more time to study to be reserved from serious assignments.

Goddammit, my computer shut down just after I finished typing my post. Time to mournfully write it all up again...

Question, do our characters all know each other already?

The population of Savaan is just small enough that you at least recognize faces, even if you can't put more of a name to them than 'that youngest Kinnoch lad'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back