• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts

" I sense the hatred of a great number of people, not fear--hate. We should be cautious. Is there another way put of that mine? I do not like the idea of going down there with only one way out. Also I am no miner and perhaps someone here can answer this but what out the effects of a Boomgun going off in a mine be?." Kylen says making sure the safety on her grenade launcher is engaged as she slings her rifle behind her and fingers her vibro blades.

"I for one plan on making this more personal and less explosive, if needed."

Jakob sits in his armor keeping an eye on his radar while he waits to be let out of the vehicle.

"How should I put this... The mine is going to echo any sound inside of it thanks to the walls, and that echo is going to amplify that sonic boom. If you're ear drums aren't properly guarded you might be looking at some permanent damage to your hearing." He replied to Kylen over the radio, not wanting to use the loud speaker in such a small space. "I don't plan on using the Boom Gun if I don't have to since it shakes things up a little bit, literally. Don't want to risk rattling the mines and causing a cave in."

Quinn looks up at the man in the armored suit. "Take your personal rifle and use it in place of the Boom Gun unless we run into a serious threat. Other than that, you have your fists to beat the bad guys into submission." He laughs for a moment. "This is a first; a Glitter Boy suit being protected by people on foot. That's not funny at all."

@Legend of tomorrow, here you go:

Zayn has arrived at the town of Parsons Hope shortly before the other members of the party to find the whole place is deserted. Not a soul to be found. After about an hour of poking around, you have found no signs of anything hostile attacking the town, and there is nothing to indicate a hasty evacuation. Cars and trucks still sit where they were parked, and there are a few vehicles that look as if they were being driven when their drivers vanished. That is the cause of a fairly large fire that is consuming what looks like a storage building.

By listening to your short range radio, you are able to pick up transmissions from the others, indicating that they have arrived in town safely. They are heading to the center of the town where the entrance to the mine waits.

Zayn takes another look around the town, while heading back toward the center of town. His sharp senses would pick any scent of blood in the air or rotten carcasses and the likes. Glancing at alleys and every corner, even looking sometime into the abandoned vehicles for any sign of what might have happened around here. Picking up his radio, he sends them a brief message.

"Zayn here, nothing to report. Heading back to the town center."

He strolls down the streets, with his NG-super pistol in hand until he reaches the others.

"Hey, So found anything interesting?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Quinn steps forward and takes the other man's hand in a welcoming grip. "Not much. There is a ley line nexus nearby, but there is something odd about how it feels - almost like a set of rubber bands pulled tight. It feels like it's underground, and we were about to poke around down there and see what is going on." Looking over his shoulder to make sure that the passengers are out of earshot, he says in a quieter voice, "There is something about the boy we are transporting. I used my See Aura spell on our guests, and he does that he's a skilled mage with a high level of mystic energy and magic spells. They are on the run from some man named Mason that seems to be bad news. He's hired some mercs to capture our kill the boy. Nice guy, huh?"

Zayn keep a calm attitude while listening to Quinn shaking his hand and thinking about how to deal with the situation and replying quietly. "A mage on the run, weird ley line, an abandoned town and going underground...guess let's take it a step at a time. So underground first?" He would keep a look on the boy for now, hoping for no foul play. There could be so many reasons why Mason wanted him.

The entrance to the mine is as set of large elevators big enough to handle trucks carrying the ore from deep inside. As you go down into the mine, Quinn and Zedia can feel the nexus getting closer, and the wave of emotion sensed by Kylen is also getting closer.

There is still power running inside the mine, making it easier to see than having to rely upon flashlights or lanterns. After slowly exploring the lower level of the mine, you come to a section of the mine that seems to have broken into a large natural cavern. What you see in this cavern takes you a moment to process. The chamber is a rough oval about four hundred yards long by three hundred yards wide and a hundred yards tall. In the center of the chamber is, surprisingly enough, a pyramid with a massive glowing crystal at the top.

More disturbingly, the floor of the chamber has dozens of monsters, all fighting one another. There doesn't appear to be any order to the fight; it is simply a massive brawl.

Please give me a d20 roll for perception

Zayn looks at the massive brawl and the crystals around and attempts to distinguish anything that would clarify the situation for him. He would rather avoid people in his group getting hurt by these creatures.

[dice]23200[/dice]

ooc: Worth noting Zayn has some supernatural senses, so not sure which one will come into play.

Quinn stares at the melee, wondering just what the hell is going on.

[dice]23201[/dice]

Kylen moves up with the others rummaging around in her pack for something to plug her ears, which she keeps at the ready in case things get hairy.

If he fires that thing down there I will have a headache for a week.

"Perhaps we should be quiet about this and a couple of us can scout ahead, then out shiny friend can come in as support if needed."

Jakob takes a look at the pile of monsters duking beating away at each other for a moment, puzzled.

First an empty town, and now a monster free for all. What the hell kind of place were we asked to come to?

[dice]23219[/dice]

Over the sights and sounds of the monsters fighting around the pyramid, both Quinn and Zayn spot a figure standing on one of the steps of the pyramid, looking down at the melee with a horrified look on his face. He is not wearing any armor, and the only weapon you can see is a sword on his hip. At this moment, he does not seem to notice you.

Another thing that the two of you notice is that the monsters are keeping some distance from the pyramid, and for good reason. When one of the creatures gets to close to the structure, a bolt of energy comes out of the crystal at the top and strikes the creature, causing a sizable amount of damage.

What everyone can see is that as the monsters get more and more hurt, they break off from the fighting and withdraw into well hidden caves around the chamber.

Zayn takes the time to think of the situation and couldn't tell what kind of creatures they are. He looks back at the others. "Does any of you know what are we dealing with?"

[dice]23220[/dice]

Quinn looks out at the pyramid, intent on the man. "There. Do you see him? On the pyramid. He doesn't look happy with what is going on down there. What the hell is going on? Are they trying to get control of the pyramid from one another?"

"Well I do not like the idea of getting involved in a conflict without knowing what the sides stand for. In the chaos of battle things can be confusing, is the man a defender or an oppressor? We should get a bit closer and gather some more information if we can."

Kylen tries to move up with as much stealth as she can muster. Once close enough she will try and Sense Evil on either the creatures or the man.

[dice]23232[/dice]

Which is not much apparently.

The monsters appear to be the source of the waves of hatred that Kylen sensed earlier. They are all very evil, and it gives you a slight headache. The man, however, is not evil.

As you begin to creep forward, a loose pile of rocks slips out from under your foot and starts a small avalanche down the side of the chamber. The few monsters that are still on the floor of the chamber still fighting one another pause and glare up at you, obviously considering if they should turn their attentions on you instead of one another.

Quinn looks down at the monsters and studies them, trying to identify what kind they are.

[dice]23253[/dice]

They are a kind of lesser demon, relatively weak by themselves but in numbers they can be deadly. They are vulnerable to sunlight, silver, wood, fire and magic, and resistant to non-magical weapons.

Quinn lets out a hiss and relays his knowledge to the others. In the meantime, he looks at the demons lurking below them and decides to disperse the rabble. "Watch you eyes, everyone. Globe of Daylight!" He aims the spell to go off in the middle of their melee.

The mix of demons are too far away to put the spell in the middle of their fight, but you can place it between Kylen and them to keep them away from you.

With the true daylight of the spell radiating between you and them, the demons let out a scream of pain and rage before scattering into the darkness away from you.

"It is a good thing we purchased that light blade, I simply wish we had acquired a few more, still I think we can manage here"

"Well this should prove interesting...let's check out what's going on." As Zayn sheathes his gun and pulls out a wooden stake. He leaps a great distance toward Kylen, as being stealthy is not an issue anymore.

ooc: 20 feet leap forward, should be noted Zayn has nightvision with 2000 feet range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back