• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts

With Kylen on one side, the ATV on another, Zedia circling in the air, and a shiny Glitter Boy marching up, the people on the ruined cars don't have much fight left.

Moving out of combat time.

Rebecca pulls up and parks the ATV with the spot lights aimed at the five people and climbs down with her rifle in hand. "Don't pull any stupid stunts and you'll live. Gather up their weapons and stack them to the side."

Kylen will move in to search and secure the prisoners. "We will need some rope or other devices to ensure they don't get into anymore trouble."

OOC
how many are there?

Last edited by a moderator:
hellrazoromega said:
Kylen will move in to search and secure the prisoners. "We will need some rope or other devices to ensure they don't get into anymore trouble."
OOC
how many are there?[/00c]
"nah there vehicles are down, lets take there weapons, make sure they can't save the vehicles and just leave, no reason to tie them up, waste of our time"

After removing their weapons, Quinn pulls out a length of rope. "Here. Use this. Tie them together, and I'll enhance the rope to be unbreakable. It will wear off in time and they can work themselves free after we are gone."

Once they are tired together, I'll cast Forcebonds on the rope. It will last for 30 minutes before going back to a normal rope.

"Now then. What were you doing out here? Just making general trouble or were you looking for us specifically?"

There are a total of five survivors, four men and one woman, and one of the men is a partial conversion Borg. The others all appear to be normal humans, and have only a minor amount of cybernetic augmentation in them. After getting tied up under the watchful eyes of the group, one of the men finally replies to Quinn's questioning. "We were hired to stop you from getting the kid to Parson's Hope. Seemed like a simple job for the amount of pay we were getting, but no one told us that you had a Glitter Boy or we would have never taken the job."

Rebecca glares at the man. "Who hired you? What is the interest in the boy?"

"Don't know much about the guy. He called himself Mason, and even though he was some kind of pretty boy, he had the look about him that he could handle himself in a scrap, y'know? He never said why he wanted the kid, but there was a sizable bonus for getting him back alive, but proof of his death still pays a little." The others in the ambush squad nods in agreement with what the spokesman is saying.

"Mason, huh? Is he Coalition?"

"Don't know. He was wearing a suit that didn't have any insignias on it. Don't know who he was with, and we knew better than to ask. Mason scared the hell out of us."

Xera hovers up from behind. "He's telling us the truth." She taps her head to indicate one of her psi powers at work. "Whoever this Mason is, he sounds like bad news. Perhaps we should slip that name past our passengers and see how they react."

Looking over the captured weapons reveals the following gear:

2 Coalition CV-212 Laser Rifles,

1 NG-57 Northern Gun Heavy Ion Blaster,

2 NG-P7 Northern Gun Particle Beam Rifles,

1 NG-101 Rail Gun with 150 rounds of ammo,

4 Vibro Sabers, and

6 Fragmentary Hand Grenades that do 3d6 MD in a 15 foot radius.

Each of the weapons are in decent shape; used but maintained well enough.

"I meant we should tie them up while we question them Zedia, to better manage the. They may not be able to do much to us but if we let our guard down they might harm one of our charges, if I have learned one thing it is never ti underestimate anyone. Now that they have been so forward I suggest we let them go about their way.And time is what we make of it, I'd rather take a bit of time now and know what we are up against rather that wish I had later."

Listening to the questioning as she speaks Kylen shrugs, " Apparently, simple mercs on a job for which they should have been paid far more money, as they now see I am sure." she chuckles and turns her head towards the mercs, knowing they cannot see under her visor but hoping the motion will give them the impression that her gaze is upon them.

"I think we should levy a small toll of equipment on these fellows for delaying our journey and then be on our way. I also agree one of us should speak to our passengers, I suggest Quinn, Rebecca, or Xera, I believe the humans say you can attract more bees with honey than with varnish--or something to that effect."

Kylen does not care much about the weapons but she will take any E-clips she can but still leave them with some defense, unless the others object

Quinn has no desire to take their guns. "Leave them. They have a long walk ahead of them, and we will be long gone by the time the magic bonds return to normal. They'll need their weapons to protect themselves from the monsters out there. Let's go."

Climbing back up into the mountaineer, he gives a smile to the passengers. "See? I told you that everything is ok. It seems that some man named Mason wanted to keep you from getting to your destination. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure. We'll be at Parsons Hope I'm a few hours." Let's see how they react to the name.

At the mention of Mason, Mona's face blanched. She obviously knows the name, and it scares her. Doing her best to hide her emotions from Duncan, she gently pats his shoulder. "See? I told you that these people would keep us safe, and we'll be together with Rogosh soon. Thank you, Mr Quinn."

What do the rest of you do during this time?

Kylen will leave each of the weapons with at least one E-clip and a spare, if she can get at least 4 E-clips and leave them with more then she will do that.

I land to grab one of the laser rifles, an excess weapon given the number they had, then I take all four vibro sabers.

"Sorry boys, If it makes you feel better, I didn't kill any of you, However I need these blades for a little pet project"

I get back on my board after dropping off the gear in the SUV.

Over the radio I'll contact the group.

"Tools for more light blades, I'll stay the eye in the sky since its worked so far"

Jakob catches up to the rest of his party mid questioning catching the end of the hostage's answer. He pondered over the name Mason, taking note to keep it in his head in case the need to throw the name out ever came up.

He had no desire to take the captured men's gear, after all they weren't nearly as heavily armed as himself and to top things off they lacked the versatility of his group as a whole. He thought to object to Zedia and Kylen taking their gear, but decided against it. They were the ones who attacked first after all, and if they were to come across a second, bigger, ambush they might need the extra equipment.

"It's probably best you not return to this Mason person." Jakob says, speaking through the loudspeaker on his Glitter Boy suit, "If he's as dangerous as you say then you might not get out of a second meeting with him. If you did you'd probably have to meet us again, and we'll be ready now that we're aware of you. Keep that in mind."

After saying his piece, Jakob took a step toward the Mountaineer before pausing a moment, "I know it comes with the job, but... Sorry about your friends." Having said his final word, he made his way to the ATV to put his Glitter Boy armor back into the cargo area so he could remove his suit and inspect it for damages.

It doesn't take long to put the GB suit back into the rear of the ATV with the prisoners under the watchful eye of Xera and Rebecca, and soon enough you are back on the road. Now that the rain has stopped, Rebecca decides to make up for lost time by zooming along at closer to full speed than before. Not quite at breakneck speed, but fast enough to make any ambush hard to pull off.

It is dusk as the Mountaineer crests a hill that overlooks the mining town of Parsons Hope. It is a small walled town of about two thousand, and even from this distance you can see that there is a fire burning inside the walls, consuming a large building. Zedia doesn't see anyone around the fire trying to beat back the flames; in fact, you see no one at all either inside or outside the walls. There are normally lights that come on at the gates that are dark even though there are some buildings with power to them.

Finally, both Quinn and Zedia can sense a fairly powerful Ley Line that is running through the town.

The gate on this side of town is standing open. What do you do?

@Zedalb @Sherwood @Beedub @hellrazoromega just making sure that everyone gets the alert.

Quinn frowns. "Yeah. Something big is burning, and the whole town seems empty. We may have stumbled on a serious problem. Jakob, I'd suggest you suit up. Best to be ready." He grabs a set of binoculars and scans the horizon. "There is also a ley line here. Mona, Have you been to Parsons Hope before?"

The woman nods. "Yes, many years ago. There was a growing population here. Where is everyone?"

Rebecca slowly advances towards the gates, eyes darting about. She grabs the radio. "Zedia, I'm heading in. Keep your eyes peeled."

Everyone, please give me perception rolls.

Perception roll for Quinn, and I don't see squat

[dice]23064[/dice]

Kylen is also going to keep her heightened hearing and smell on he lookout (normally her smell is 80% but -20 in the burbs or city and any negatives for the fire).[dice]23065[/dice]

[dice]23066[/dice]

[dice]23067[/dice]

"Well if there's a fire burning, then my guess is the town can't have been deserted for too long. Whatever the cause of this is might still be close, everyone stay prepared." Jakob said before heading to his Glitter Boy armor to suit up.

Both Zedia and Quinn can feel strange fluctuations in the ley line, as if it were unstable. There is a nexus point that feels as if it is under ground; a very real possibility since the town is built over a active mine.

Xera stomps a tiny foot on the dashboard of the ATV. "There is something different about these ley lines. Almost like they are rubber bands under tension. I don't like it."

Rebecca looks over her shoulder at the team. "I don't pretend to know much about magic, but whatever is going on might just be connected to that nexus you guys are talking about." She looks at Jakob as he finishes getting in his armor. "Make sure you are wearing your ear protection. If he had to fire while in the tunnels, the sound will be that much worse on you. Zedia, we are looking for the entrance to the mines. Do you see anything from your position in the air?"

[dice]23104[/dice]

"This is your incredibly good looking eye in the sky, guy."

I fly closer to the city zooming along quickly.

"Smoke rises and I'm pretty high up, so I'm not seeing terribly much, you guys want to get closer and see if there is anyone to save?"

"I do not like this, what is it you humans say---this place gives me the jimmies. Something is very wrong here this town should have more activity. Get me closer to the center of town if I can get my hands on an object of importance it may be able to tell me something of what happened."

trying Empathy to see if there are any signs of life in the town, while it can be used to pinpoint any actual locations it should be able to tell her if there are signs of life around. She is trying to see if the people are just hiding or if they seem to be missing altogether

Quinn uses the radio to call Zedia. "We are going to try and find the nexus point, and since it feels like it is underground, let's try and find the entrance to the mine. Mona, you said that you've been here before; do you know where the mine entrance is?"

First off, Kylen is not sensing anyone around that might be hiding in the town. The whole place seems to be empty. But, as you start to head into the town, you get a flicker of emotion of overwhelming hatred. A reading this powerful is not the result of as small number of people, but you are feeling scores of people, all radiating anger. The feeling is coming from somewhere under the town.

Next, Mona nods. "Yes, I know where the entrance to the mine is." She points off into the distance. "It's right out there, a few blocks away. You should be able to see the top of the mine shaft from here. Um, yes, there it is."

Rebecca spins the wheel and steers over towards the indicated building. "Got it. I'll get us in close and let everyone out. After that, I'll sit here with our passengers and keep an eye on them."

Sherwood said:
Quinn uses the radio to call Zedia. "We are going to try and find the nexus point, and since it feels like it is underground, let's try and find the entrance to the mine. Mona, you said that you've been here before; do you know where the mine entrance is?"
I fly down to meet my comrades waving as I get off of my board.

"Can't exactly fly into a mine, but I think one of us who are magically inclined should spend some time focusing on this node, try to figure it out, I'd hate to find out I'm sitting on a bomb"

Even as I talk I'm drawing from the nexus to restore my own energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back