• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts

Quinn looks back at the two passengers, then grabs for his TK rifle. "I'll stick inside and help Xera and Rebecca keep our passengers safe. Mona, Duncan, keep your heads down and we'll make sure you get through this in one piece."

[dice]22946[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca lets go of the wheel with one hand and pulls her rifle closer. "Good to have you and Xera with me. We'll teach those bozos a lesson."

Xera flutters her little wings and nods. "That's right! Don't count me out of a fight. I may be little, but I pack a mean punch!"

From where Kylen is dropped off, you are about 3,000 feet from the closest pickup truck. It is on the highway and moving quickly at an angle towards you.

Zedia can see that each of the pickup trucks have a driver and a passenger, and the SUV has a driver and at least two passengers. All are wearing various MDC body armor, and most likely they have MDC firearms. After all, in this age, who doesn't?

@hellrazoromega is up first with Kylen

Kylen - 23 <====

Pickup truck 1 - 18

Zedia - 15

Jakob - 14

Pickup truck 2 - 10

SUV - 6

Quinn - 4

Kylen moves out from the truck and seeks the cover of a nearby hillside in the truck's path of travel. As she moves a faint shimmer envelops her form.

Kylen is just going to try and move closer and try and get in a good cover position (a hillside or something) so she can attack the lead pickup as it passes. If possible a spot that puts her out of the path of any Boom Gun fire, she is fast enough she does not need to be too close.

[dice]22949[/dice]I'm sure she will be seen, but cover is the main goal more so than stealth--if she can draw some of them in closer toward her and not the ATV that is the goal. Also prepping a use of Armor of Ithan from her Amulet

The first pickup truck swerves off the highway, charging towards Kylen as she runs. The passenger in the cab of the truck leans out of the window with a rifle and takes a bead on the running Warrior Woman, but is too far away to be able to accurately engage. He holds fire until the driver gets them a bit closer to you.

@Zedalb is up next. Truck number 2 was the one aiming at you earlier, but from your position in the air, you can see that Kylen is now being targeted.

Kylen - 23 [1]

Pickup truck 1 - 18 [holding]

Zedia - 15 <====

Jakob - 14

Pickup truck 2 - 10

SUV - 6

Quinn - 4

Psychie said:
The first pickup truck swerves off the highway, charging towards Kylen as she runs. The passenger in the cab of the truck leans out of the window with a rifle and takes a bead on the running Warrior Woman, but is too far away to be able to accurately engage. He holds fire until the driver gets them a bit closer to you.
@Zedalb is up next. Truck number 2 was the one aiming at you earlier, but from your position in the air, you can see that Kylen is now being targeted.

Kylen - 23 [1]

Pickup truck 1 - 18 [holding]

Zedia - 15 <====

Jakob - 14

Pickup truck 2 - 10

SUV - 6

Quinn - 4
I activate the protective feature of my suit even as I see there no target, no thanks, I will not let them fire first so easily.

Flipping right side up on my board, I start to dive bomb the three vehicles, my rifle sings as I charge through it the most basic of combat spells, Fire bolt.

I seek to hit there engines with my MDC damage and stop there vehicles from moving.

[dice]22957[/dice]

[dice]22956[/dice]

[dice]22955[/dice]

3 Fire bolts -1 to hit for flying (combat driving)

+ something for high ground?

Targeting the vehicles big ass engine blocks (hopefully that makes up for shitty dice)

And one action to activation the deflection field of my armor.

Moving towards them to get a better shot as I fire.

To attack all three vehicles will require three different actions. You can target one at a time, starting with truck one.

The fire bolt punches through the engine of the first truck, disabling the vehicle with a plume of fire. It has the added benefit of spoiling the shot of the passenger against Kylen. The two people are still alive, but it will take a moment to get out of the burning wreck.

@Beedub is up

Kylen - 23 [1]

Pickup truck 1 crew 1-2 18 [1]

Zedia - 15 [1]

Jakob - 14 <====

Pickup truck 2 crew 1-2 - 10

SUV crew 1-3 - 6

Quinn - 4

Jakob scans the area while slowly walking backward, keeping track of the distance between his group and himself and his allies. He watches as a truck goes up in flames and proceeds to take aim at the second truck.

His pylons anchor him to the ground as he fires his first shot at the enemy.

OOC
Taking the shot at Truck 2.

[dice]22958[/dice]

The Boom Gun roars and the flechettes rip through the truck like it is made of tissue paper. It explodes violently, killing the two crew inside.

The SUV swerves around, trying to evade incoming fire. A large figure leaps from the back of the vehicle and raises a large rail gun at Jakob in his Glitter Boy suit and lets rip with a spray of bullets.

The other passenger leans out of his window and shoots a laser rifle up at Zedia, trying to knock you or of the air.

@Sherwood is up, and I'll need to know if @Beedub and @Zedalb want to dodge.

Kylen - 23 [1]

Zedia - 15 [1]

Jakob - 14 [1]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4

[dice]22959[/dice]

[dice]22960[/dice]

Quinn climbs up to the top hatch and looks out for any signs of danger, TK rifle in hand. Just in case, he takes a moment to activate the Armor of Ithan on his own body armor.

Making a perception roll to spot any other troublemakers.

[dice]22961[/dice]

With the ATV bounding along the prairie, all Quinn notices is the distinctive sound of the Boom Gun going off, followed by a plume of smoke, showing that Jakob has scored a hit.

@hellrazoromega is up

Kylen - 23 [1] <====

Zedia - 15 [1]

Jakob - 14 [1]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4 [1]

Once he recovers from the recoil of the Boom Gun, the pylons retract back into the heels of the Jakob's armor and he darts to his side to avoid the oncoming spray of bullets coming from thr enemies' rail gun.

[dice]22966[/dice]

Kylen levels her rifle in a high arc and aims a grenade for the bed of the pickup. With luck she can scatter their forces a bit.

[dice]22969[/dice]

Kylen angles her rifle up and fires off a grenade into the sky. With a bright flash of light, it detonates in the rear of the damaged truck, scattering shrapnel and debris in all directions. The two figures in the cab of the truck are both wearing MDC armor or else they would both be ripped to pieces, but their armor is damaged.

@Zedalb is up

Kylen - 23 [2]

Pickup truck 1 crew 1-2 18 [2] injured

Zedia - 15 [1] <====

Jakob - 14 [1]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4 [1]

Psychie said:
Kylen angles her rifle up and fires off a grenade into the sky. With a bright flash of light, it detonates in the rear of the damaged truck, scattering shrapnel and debris in all directions. The two figures in the cab of the truck are both wearing MDC armor or else they would both be ripped to pieces, but their armor is damaged.
@Zedalb is up

Kylen - 23 [2]

Zedia - 15 [1] <====

Jakob - 14 [1]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4 [1]
As I flip through the air I make every effort to avoid the hail of lasers that seek to harm me, trusting in speed and skill to see me through.

[dice]22970[/dice]

However I feel my luck run out as the blast stings against me burning my armor

Second verse just like the first.

I take my rifle and charge through it the same spell in order to disable the second truck.

(Already rolled)

The laser blast against Zedia only does 14 MDC

Just to let you know, one truck is totally destroyed, the second is disabled but the passengers are still alive, and there is the SUV with its the passengers. Are you aiming at the SUV or the people crawling out of the damaged pickup?

@Beedub is up

Kylen - 23 [2]

Zedia - 15 [2]

Jakob - 14 [1] <====

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4 [1]

Kylen opens her mic, "I don't know about anyone else but I would very much like to see if we can leave one of these fellows alive for questioning."

Quinn says, "Good idea. That way we might be able to find out if this was just a random attack or if we were specifically targeted."

Sherwood said:
Quinn says, "Good idea. That way we might be able to find out if this was just a random attack or if we were specifically targeted."
"Ive been disabling there vehicles without killing any of them so that we could just leave, but capture and interrogation works for me, I wouldn't mind getting some more parts for my work"

Zedalb said:
As I flip through the air I make every effort to avoid the hail of lasers that seek to harm me, trusting in speed and skill to see me through.
[dice]22970[/dice]

However I feel my luck run out as the blast stings against me burning my armor

Second verse just like the first.

I take my rifle and charge through it the same spell in order to disable the second truck.

(Already rolled)
Zedia's shot does a good job in scorching the SUV, causing it to stall out in the dirt as it is trying to pursue Quinn, Xera and Rebecca in the ATV. The three people inside are still alive.

@Beedub is up

Kylen - 23 [2]

Zedia - 15 [2]

Jakob - 14 [1] <====

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [1]

Quinn - 4 [1]

"I guess we can leave the rest of these guys in one piece. It would be a good idea to see if we're to expect more." Jakob says as he puts his boom gun away and starts running toward the group that came out of the SUV. "The boom gun is guaranteed to rip them to pieces, so I'm closing the distance for now, see if you guys can get them to behave by the time I get there."

Jakob's Glitter Boy suit advances on the damaged SUV as the passengers struggle to crawl out of the ruined vehicle. The fight seems to go out of them at the sight of the massive armor suit, as they know that there is nothing that they can do against such firepower.

@Sherwood is up

Kylen - 23 [2]

Zedia - 15 [2]

Jakob - 14 [2]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [2]

Quinn - 4 [1] <====

Quinn continues to keep watch around the ATV, but is starting to relax as the fight seems to be going out of the ambush. "Becky, bring us around the side, but stay out of the line of fire of Jakob and his suit. Let's see if we can get someone to talk to us."

[dice]22989[/dice]

Quinn does not spot any other signs of trouble as Rebecca spins the wheel and turns to go around back to get everyone.

By now, the rain has pretty much stopped except for a few drops here and there, but the heavy cloud cover and the setting sun is making it rather dark outside. The advanced optics in Jakob's helmet gives you enhanced vision so you can see well, and Rebecca kicks on the floodlights, giving a bit more light to see by. Obviously Kylen is not affected by the level of the lighting.

@hellrazoromega is up

Kylen - 23 [2] <====

Zedia - 15 [2]

Jakob - 14 [2]

SUV crew 1-3 - 6 [2]

Quinn - 4 [2]

Kylen pokes her head up and levels her weapon, "I suggest you surrender and provided your answers are free flowing you can leave with your lives, if not then take stock of the last sight you will see in this life."

OOC
Holding but ready to dodge if they don't surrender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back