• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts - The Thirteenth Mystery - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
More in spoiler so I don't take up half the thread! Hah! Woo!

19 and a 30.
Thank you for the rolls!

It's fine with me, thanks for asking!
You are quite welcome!

I'm fine with that, if it works for everyone else. Just to confirm, Chan-Chan's someone the party knows and remembers prior to 101 PA but not someone they've really interacted with much in what will have been the last 8 years? Never part of the Unkillables, for example?
Yes to every word in this entire paragraph!

Correct me if I've gotten it wrong (I'll admit I haven't caught up on all the posting in the last few days). But my impression is that the plan for Chan-Chan has been that she wasn't much of a factor in the Future That Was (so you, the player, don't have to worry about tracking what she will have done but hasn't yet or won't). The hook for Chan-Chan and what she can offer the group is her Grey Seer abilities, particularly in catching glimpses of the Future That Might Be. Which will be especially salient as the PCs start changing history as they inevitably do.
You read me perfectly! There is but one explanaton and one addition - it is true that I have no desire to write up a huge background for her. Part of this is me monitoring myself.

I am involved in 5 games, this is game number 6 and I've seen what happens when I've overreached my limits. I have a wonderful ADHD brain but I've only one of them; any more "deep gaming" and I fear I'm going to overdo it again.

I don't want to someday leave this game because I've overtaxed myself again. I feel that's not fair to you or anybody. So, I choose to police myself; it's my brain after all and my responsibility. =)

But that's only part of my reasoning.

The other half is this - I dearly want Chan-Chan's fresh perspective and only her perspective going from 101 PA onward! One timeline, not two.

This may sound strange, but I seriously want to go through this game alongside her - learning as she learns about the characters, Tolkeen, the story, the atmosphere, the Thirteenth Mystery, the whole world - all through her eyes as we experience it here together for the first time.

I can only hope that what I've just written makes sense to someone besides myself! Ha ha ha! =) 8D

Your character's going to have a different fit for the party by virtue of being the only character who isn't a formal part of the game's original premise. I'm hopeful/optimistic that Chan-Chan's sensitivities to time and the future give her something unique to offer the group.

How were you hoping things would shake out?
Pips, your every sentence is spot on! Not only do you read, but you clearly observe everything I'm saying. You get me and I appreciate that!

As for how I was hoping how things would turn out? Well... I think that's a question better suited for someone else as I'm really not "built that way!" Hah!

My years have taught me that what makes me happiest is expressing myself as best as I can and then going with whatever comes next. Just like in Real Life. I am dead-serious; the only things I am deeply hoping for is that we all communicate clearly, share warmly, and we all have wonderful times together for years to come!

As for everything else? I am largely willing to roll with and compromise with whatever gets us closer to the hopes I have just described! Ha ha!

For this Dannigan, what could be better? =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Ellis Mandel's hitlist as of 109 P.A.
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1

(silly mode on)
Hey! Alex! I just want to know one thing! Is Ellis related to Howie (Mandel)? 8D

Howie Mandel Yes GIF by America's Got Talent

You know Howie! The voice of Gizmo? =)
80s gremlins GIF

(/silly mode off - O.K.! I admit it - it ever really off for very long?! Hah!)

Howie (Mandel)?
hmmmm..... I considered it, but he doesn't like musical theatre. know what, Ellis is a distant descendant, and that's where they got their wit. Mandel is a Yiddish last name, and i was panicking, so i used one of those baby-naming websites and it was the first I saw that I liked. (Ellis after Havelock Ellis, an early gay rights activist)

oh, and I basically never turn silly mode off, so good on you for having a working power button! and please don't hesitate to be silly, silly is a wonderful thing, and there is not nearly enough of it in the world

Well, I finally found a good pic that I like for Reyna and added it to her sheet. Still need to put in the Background tab, but that is gong to be fairly simple.

Ellis is a distant descendant
Yes! /flex

oh, and I basically never turn silly mode off, so good on you for having a working power button! and please don't hesitate to be silly, silly is a wonderful thing, and there is not nearly enough of it in the world
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Oh! Have no fear! Silly is here to stay.

It has gotten to the point that over the years,, my dear Kaerri Kaerri has developed this terrific saying. Whenever people ask us if we want television streaming like Netflix or cable or anything like that?

Kaerri's stock answer is, "Oh, we don't need cable; we have a (Dannigan)!" Ha ha ha! She makes me laugh every time!

Well, I finally found a good pic that I like for Reyna and added it to her sheet. Still need to put in the Background tab, but that is gong to be fairly simple.
Ooh! Want to see!

Psychie Psychie (After see.) Hmm. Psychie, I'm going to be straight up with you. I think the artwork is nicely-detailed and well-colored, but I honestly think it lacks the personality of previous choices you've had for your other fine characters. Kimi, Toph, and Oreleth come to mind.

(I think it's the lack of a facial expression, but hey! If you like it, that's what matters!) =)

Oh uh- where are y’all finding images? Because I am…. Rather lost. I always struggle with pictures.
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Alex, I like deviantART.com and artstation.com just to name the two big ones. =)

There, artwork is fun, sometimes drawn by professionals, and those two sites often lead me to other websites that are just filled with inspiration and fire!

Best of all, I can provide credit to every artist whose pictures come from there. I'm really big on that (and not just because RP Nation asks us to be.) =)

It's ok. Not everything I do is going to be universally liked. You can't be right all the time, after all. Lol
Are you saying that you can't be right all the time, or if you don't agree with you, then you aren't right?

Kaerri's stock answer is, "Oh, we don't need cable; we have a (Dannigan)!" Ha ha ha! She makes me laugh every time!
It's true though. 😂

The horror felt when you try to open your notifications but instead you turn on… *shudders* l*ght m*ode
I do this all the time. And wince nearly every time. 😆 Whose idea was it to put those next to each other?

The second, obviously. Once you learn that I'm always right, we'll get along much better.
Oh my. You are so full of crap it's running down your chin.

I mean, yeas ma'am. You are always right. Lol

It's ok. Not everything I do is going to be universally liked. You can't be right all the time, after all. Lol
Psychie Psychie Heh! Speaking only for myself, I stopped caring about being right a very long time ago. Frankly, my ego does not require it.

Instead, I'm here to be accurate. I don't mind being wrong at all; I do strongly mind being untrue. I think there is a big difference between being wrong and being untrue. So please correct me! For the sake of setting me true! =)

And hey! You didn't draw that cool picture, did you?

Let's take this notion one baby step further here. If you're asking about your work, as in the characters and the stories, and the emotions you create here? On this website? Frankly, you kick every artist I've ever seen in the nuts! You blow all the artwork away!

Why? Because I genuinely enjoy what comes out of your brain and heart even more than the artwork that inspires me, that's why. I can provide you details should you ever require them, lady. Just ask me, Psychie. Years from now or today. Just ask. =)

The second, obviously. Once you learn that I'm always right, we'll get along much better.
That reminds me of a joke I heard from a hard-working lady justifiably complaining about her overbearing husband here in Real Life.

She told me, "When I married 'Mr. Right,' I didn't know his first name was 'Always!'" Oh, how we howled over that one!

I do this all the time. And wince nearly every time. 😆 Whose idea was it to put those next to each other?
Kaerri Kaerri I did that too just last night! Darned near blew me out of my chair! Is this an unchangeable part of Xenforo 2.0?

Kaerri Kaerri I did that too just last night! Darned near blew me out of my chair! Is this an unchangeable part of Xenforo 2.0?
As far as I'm aware, unfortunately. But I think I'd find a way to hit it by accident no matter where we put it, if we could put it elsewhere. >.>

As far as I'm aware, unfortunately. But I think I'd find a way to hit it by accident no matter where we put it, if we could put it elsewhere. >.>
You wouldn't be the only one! 8D

Me and my lack of dexterity, making bad things happen since [year I was born] ha ha

Anyway, good to see you Kaerri Kaerri ! How you doin?

And Purr Purr i’ll look on the sites and try my best to find a thing :) thank you very much

Ahh Psychie Psychie , infallible? Now, that is a claim that must be proven, Mon Ami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back