• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rifts Game Idea

Dano Dano I can help you come up with some ideas for this, and make up a character for you if you are still interested.
I am interested - I tend to like things like medic/healer with limited combat stats and more utility. Is that enough to go off of or do you need more?

Scratch that i'm super man, as long as I got help I can do the thing.

I am interested - I tend to like things like medic/healer with limited combat stats and more utility. Is that enough to go off of or do you need more?
The problem with being a medic in this system is the fact that most damage being done is extremely lethal to a unarmored person. You have your regular Hit Points, then you have something called Mega Damage Capacity weapons/armor. One MDC point is equal to 100 Hit Points, so if you get caught without your armor and get tagged by a MDC shot, there is usually little left to clean up.

Could I interest you in becoming a magic user? In this setting, the classic Ley Line Walker is less of a front line powerhouse and more of a support/utilitarian character, and can come up with spells that fit into the healing schtick well enough, complete with spells that will protect you and do some damage in this MDC heavy world.

Scratch that i'm super man, as long as I got help I can do the thing.
Glad to have you onboard!

At the moment, Psychie seems to want to be a front line fighter with her magical mecha pilot, and if Dano takes the mage, he will have a support role in the bag, and Epiphany was pondering a reformed Mystic Knight as a character. Orikanyo Orikanyo , what kind of character are you thinking of? Any thoughts that you'd like to share with the class?

Hmm...

Ummm....

Maybe...

Guns? Explosions?

Melee?

Technobabble?

I need to relook over everything... and find out if I still have the book.. Likely not so that might be a start..

Hmm...

Ummm....

Maybe...

Guns? Explosions?

Melee?

Technobabble?

I need to relook over everything... and find out if I still have the book.. Likely not so that might be a start..
There is a lot of great stuff in the Core book that can go to a lot of the 'guns and explosions' thing. Or, if you want to go with something a little different, like a magical Borg that doesn't need repairs since it self regenerates, a Anti-Monster would be a good choice. Keep in mind that you are going to be working without a lot of support from your allies while you are deep in Atlantian territory, so something that doesn't need a lot of additional help or fixing up might be good.

I have a friend that I'm PMing with at the moment that is thinking of playing a Atlantian Undead Slayer, so hopefully he'll be joining in.

And that friend would be me. Heya folks! Is this where all the cool kids come to play Rifts? I just heard a bunch of silly people were getting a new game going. =)

Good to have you with us, my friend. And don't worry; whatever game I'm in is the cool kid game!

Hah! =)

I was thinking of playing a True Atlantean Undead Slayer, but it has been some years since I have seen the class. I'm at work now and I will have to wait till I get home to see that World Book again.

If I remember the class right, they are against the supernatural evil of any kind, especially the Splugorth slavers. The Splugorth took away Atlantis from the true atlanteans, and the former owners want it back.

The class has some magical ability via tattoos, they can use techno wizard items and guns, and they are a pretty self-sufficient combination of RCC and OCC (that means racial character class and occupational character class, for our new players).

I think I would like to play something that was specialized in ranged combat with some magical ability. Plus, I think I can make an interesting character from it. Have any of you played one before? Any other ideas, anyone?

As Sherwood mentioned in our conversation, there is also a new book, Secrets of the Atlanteans, and that might be worth taking a look at too.

There is a lot of great stuff in the Core book that can go to a lot of the 'guns and explosions' thing. Or, if you want to go with something a little different, like a magical Borg that doesn't need repairs since it self regenerates, a Anti-Monster would be a good choice. Keep in mind that you are going to be working without a lot of support from your allies while you are deep in Atlantian territory, so something that doesn't need a lot of additional help or fixing up might be good.

I have a friend that I'm PMing with at the moment that is thinking of playing a Atlantian Undead Slayer, so hopefully he'll be joining in.
Anti monster?

They are magical cyborgs that self-regenerate, have a limited magic ability, and are very tough. On the outside, they are very horrific looking and quite monstrous, but most are very good and noble people that make the change to Anti-Monster to right some wrong and make a difference in the world.

Anti-monsters are pretty cool. Talk about "don't judge a book by its cover."

Hey Dannigan! Welcome to the mix!

Sooo, I'm starting to look at my character class, and I'm wondering how we are going to do stats? Especially with some of us playing non-humans.

Sweet jumping jesus on a pogo stick going on a down hill slope towards the gates of fucken heaven hes a big ugly fellah.

Talk about becoming a monster to fight one.

Fuck it sure lets rock it like a socket.
I laughed out loud at this, Orikanyo. Thank you for the chuckle!

Hey Dannigan! Welcome to the mix!

Sooo, I'm starting to look at my character class, and I'm wondering how we are going to do stats? Especially with some of us playing non-humans.
I have been thinking on this, and what we will do for humans, 4d6, taking the top three, rerolling 1's. For those with different numbered stats (Anti-Monster, Atlantian, etc), roll the number of dice indicated for your class/race, but reroll 1's and 2's.
Sweet jumping jesus on a pogo stick going on a down hill slope towards the gates of fucken heaven hes a big ugly fellah.

Talk about becoming a monster to fight one.

Fuck it sure lets rock it like a socket.
So, that means you want the killer magic Borg? I can go with that.

I don't see an option to roll dice here, so I guess we'll have to wait for an actual dice forum?

I have been thinking on this, and what we will do for humans, 4d6, taking the top three, rerolling 1's. For those with different numbered stats (Anti-Monster, Atlantian, etc), roll the number of dice indicated for your class/race, but reroll 1's and 2's.

So, that means you want the killer magic Borg? I can go with that.
Letsago

The longer I look at the Anti-monster, the more I get a different character concept from the Undead Slayer...

Ok, just to confirm what we have so far:
Psychie Psychie is pulling out a Battle Mage Controller
Purr Purr is looking at a Atlantian Undead Slayer
Orikanyo Orikanyo will be getting a Anti-Monster
Epiphany Epiphany has been discussing a turned-to-good Mystic Knight

I have suggested to Dano Dano a magic user of some sort, either a Ley Line Walker or Mystic, but he has not confirmed that with me yet.
Is this an accurate rundown for everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back