• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rifts Game Idea

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have been in conversation with DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior about getting a Rifts game up and running, but we would need some more players to join in before doing so. Anyone interested?

Well, Sherwood...

On the plus side, you know my love for Rifts.
On the negative side, you know my (sadly) variable schedule.

If you don't mind my at times inability to post daily (or sometimes for a week), I've always got your back in a game.

Sherwood Sherwood - can you provide some material about Rifts? Or are you looking for experienced Rifts players?
There is literally dozens of books out there to look at; what experience do you have with the Palladium System/Rifts? I might be willing to steer you in a particular direction. . . .

Sherwood Sherwood none really... I just looked up some info and it looks like an interesting concept. I have 18 months of 5e experience but not sure that really helps here...

Different system all together. If we are going to go ahead and do this, I could whip up a character for you, depending on what kind of critter you want to play. It would take me a little bit of time, and a few PMs back and forth, but it can be done.

That would be completely up to you and if you think bringing in someone completely new to the system wouldnt be too much of a burden.

That would be completely up to you and if you think bringing in someone completely new to the system wouldnt be too much of a burden.
lol I have taught lots of people here enough of the Robotech and Rifts system that adding one more person to that list is no big deal. It's kinda my thing here.

I would like to add another person or two to the mix, assuming that DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior is still interested, along with Epiphany Epiphany . Let me tag some people here that might like to jump in: Psychie Psychie Orikanyo Orikanyo Purr Purr

I'll come up with some character creation guidelines for those with the books. Dano, you'll have to talk to me to give me some kind of idea of what you'd like to play; A Cyborg? A Mecha Pilot? Some sort of Spellcaster? Pretty much anything you can think of is out there, just let the ideas come out and I'll try to see what will be the easiest for you to run as a new player that will be a load of fun for you.

Yup. This will be a brand new story, with a new bunch of adventurers!

Tempted to play one of the nice Mystic Knights maybe.
Cyberknights are okay but I've played them.
...And there's always a Cosmoknight... >_>

Tempted to play one of the nice Mystic Knights maybe.
Cyberknights are okay but I've played them.
...And there's always a Cosmoknight... >_>
A Cosmoknight is a little higher on the power scale than I'd like to go for here. Which book is the Mystic Knights in? I think I have seen them, but I'd need a refresher on that particular Character Class.

Federation of Magic, pg. 91. Though I'd be inclined to try an Order of the White Rose. Or, hell, just a Mystic Knight who spent some time slaughtering people before realizing "You know, this isn't the life for me" and decided to do something better.

As much as I've always wanted to try the OCC, really the thing that makes the most sense is to find out what kind of a game you're wanting to run. If it's a mercenary group like the last one, Mystic Knight's pretty doable. If it's a group with a cause, I might go a different direction. Depends on the pitch and the setup.

Some of this is up to you guys. If you want, you can be mercenaries, or you can actually work for the Federation of Magic and have a campaign against the Coalition, or farther up north exploring the Xiticix invaders. Or something completely different. What are you in the mood for?

I'd like to try my hand at a Controller OCC from the Federation of Magic book. They are on pg 74, and are basically a magical mecha pilot. They have a limited magical ability, but with their Automations, they are pretty formidable on the battlefield.

Do you have your heart set on running something in North America, Sherwood?

It might be interesting to do a game in Atlantis or the NGR, or China or Australia. I've read the worldbooks (long time ago) but never played hardly anywhere but North America. Thoughts?

Edit: That said, a Federation of Magic game could be interesting. I've never been on their side before.

Hmmm. An Atlantis game could be fun . . . and yes, Psychie, I could allow you to play a Controller, even if you are in Atlantis. You could be a recon group, trying to get in touch with a resistance cell that is fighting against the Splurgoth. I'm starting to warm up to this idea.

An Atlantis game sounds neat! And if I did take the Controller, the Automations that they pilot are self-regenerating, so I could take one (or more, hint hint!) and not worry about having to fix the thing.

I've never actually played a game in Atlantis before, only read the book. So, definitely interested. :)

If other folks are game.

I would probably start you out in the US to give you plenty of time to get to level 4ish before you make the trip across the Atlantic to the Isle. What does everyone think about that?

Dano Dano I can help you come up with some ideas for this, and make up a character for you if you are still interested.

Well... I'd love to join but i'm working 12 hour shifts and got enough rps goin.... So... not enough time to learn this system again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back