• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Psychie

Princess Psychie
My last run of a Palladium game lasted several years, but has finally been retired. Now I am looking to build a Rifts game using the Coalition as our heroes, and have the players be the air wing of SAMAS powered armor units on a APC. You will be facing off against demons and monsters, and on occasion you will have one of those evil spellcasters on your tail that you will need to take out. But you primary foe will be the Xiticix up in the northwest.

In order to save the Coalition from the approaching swarm, will you work with the very people you have been taught to hate?

I am looking for about six players tops. Once I have at least four confirmed on this, I will make the various threads for the game.

Only straight Rifts Coalition stuff will be allowed. No Dbees or aliens as characters. Any Coalition character class is ok except the Juicer, Psi Stalker, and Dog Boy. Everyone must have at least the basics of being able to operate a SAMAS powered suit.

Attributes are going to be rolled here on site or by me if you don't trust the die roller. All stats are determined by a 4d6 roll, rerolling 1's, and taking the top 3. If that comes out to a 16-18, you add another d6 to your total. If that one is also a '6', you add another d6, giving you a potential max of 30 on a straight die roll. You can plug your numbers into your sheet in any order you wish.

Forgot to mention, all of the characters must be of a good alignment. I don't want a bunch of player infighting due to alignment and behavior conflict.

Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Dannigan Dannigan jaydude jaydude Silanon Silanon

Hey. Thanks for the invite, but I don't know if I'd be up for trying to get my head around another completely new gaming system and universe right now. Thanks again, anyway.

Hey. Thanks for the invite, but I don't know if I'd be up for trying to get my head around another completely new gaming system and universe right now. Thanks again, anyway.
Not a problem if you aren't interested. I just wanted to give you a poke to see if you would like to join us.

Thanks for the tag! I'm spread a little thin time-wise, not sure if it's wise to jump into another game - will give it some thought, though, certainly sounds interesting to see the " other side", so to speak.
What's the coalition's standpoint on psychic abilities? I'm aware that they're not fond of magic (at all), but can't recall if there'd be the options to dip into psionics.

Thanks for the tag! I'm spread a little thin time-wise, not sure if it's wise to jump into another game - will give it some thought, though, certainly sounds interesting to see the " other side", so to speak.
What's the coalition's standpoint on psychic abilities? I'm aware that they're not fond of magic (at all), but can't recall if there'd be the options to dip into psionics.
The only psy powers that the Coalition tolerate is in the Psi Stalker RCC and the Dog Boy RCC, both of which are not available for this game. The other psychic classes are too much an uncontrollable mystery to them, and so the big high mucky-mucks of the Coalition don't like them.

Psychie Psychie

Hey, there! Thanks a bunch for considering me to join here. I'm going to pass on this one, but thank you very much for thinking of me.

I just read an article on playing a Coalition Soldier (C.S. Grunt) written about 7 years ago by another player and while I think his points are made in a heavy-handed way, I do think he makes some pretty strong points.

Playing a Coalition Character in Rifts seems too limiting to me. No magic, no psychic powers, mecha/power armor assigned to you, everything you have belongs to someone else, and you are out to destroy much of what makes the game interesting and wondrous.

I think I would rather play a mecha/power armor pilot or the like from the Northern Gun or Manistique Imperium. Maybe even Free Quebec (plus or minus the Glitter Boys) or Triax/Europe. I think I would have more fun playing a character from that side of the fence who had to possibly team up with the Coalition States in order to survive against the Xiticix than play the C.S., who after hopefully surviving such an ordeal had to go back to the previous (W.W. II Nazi-like) lives.

Part of the big fun for me playing Rifts is playing at D-Bee or alien, and discovering and using magic/psionics/martial arts. There is nothing O.C.C.-wise that the Coalition has, I think, that I couldn't find on the opposing team and enjoy playing it more.

I just don't think I'd enjoy playing C.S..

Oh yeah! I love the idea of playing Rifts and something military-based, though. If you decide to run a game along those lines, or even in the other types of Rifts games, send me an alert and I'll strongly consider hooking up! =)

I am tentatively interested. What's the posting rate going to be like? I don't think I can reasonably commit to something that does many posts a day, most days a week at the moment.

I am tentatively interested. What's the posting rate going to be like? I don't think I can reasonably commit to something that does many posts a day, most days a week at the moment.
We can take all the time you need. A few posts a week will be just fine.

Well, friends... it looks like you can't get rid of me that easily, even if I think I am out myself!

Little over an hour after I put that post up, another character concept goes off in my head. I run it past ol' Psychie and Psychie goes and runs with it too...

... and now I want to give this Coalition game a serious shot! =)

If you ask me? It's all Psychie's doing. She's got da flavor. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back