• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I did! Thanks. I played a couple of games of Exalted 3rd ed, and I learned a few things about how to run combat that, I hope, will result in a smoother combat than what I did here. It is a very fun system, and I am very much looking forward to the new Lunar's book that I helped to Kickstart that will be out next year.

Damn, it's been a while - kept up with your posts, but didn't really find an opening to participate. I shall change that soonish, hopefully - given that Shaona knows some stuff about mechanics, could she use the time during the others' conversation to get a bit more intel about the attacking constructs? Mostly looking for clues who might have forged them, for weak spots and for insight whether they're self-sufficient or controlled from somewhere (the living animals suggest the former, with "humans" as the programmed target for attacks, but you never know).

Also, could I roll salvage to see if there's more to be found than the obvious stuff that Gradicus collected?

Heya Sil! As usual, I think you have some good ideas. Let's hope something comes out of them! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Given that another hour passed, I'm even more inclined to spend some time on the activities mentioned above - what would I roll for examining the robots?

Once more, I forgot about the bonus points, or I would've used 'em - oh well. Without modifiers, Shaona should at least learn something about the robots, nothing of value to be found though.

Sherwood? Could we get a picture of these enemies and the friendly mecha in the scene?

Sorry for the unimaginative, lackluster posts. I'm not at 100% right now. =)

But that doesn't mean I'm not ready to have fun! =)

Not to worry! Your usual quality of posting is top notch, but everyone has an off day sometime. Its not like I'm about to evict you from the game or some other crazy thing like that!

Wasn't even thinking along those lines, Sherwood. Just want to give my usual best and today I ain't got it. Ha ha. =)

Grad is using a sword in part for the initiative bonus. What did he roll in total? =)

You have a 19 on the die before your bonuses. I'm guessing you are going to go first.

See, this is one of the reasons I like a Game Master rolling my dice on RP Nation. It's not so much that I have "bad luck all of the time" on RP Nation's dice roller; it's when I have it. I just tend to get ganked less when it's not RP Nation's system behind the dice. Plus, I know I'm not the only one having this experience. =)

The words refuse to form a proper post right now, but I shall at least give you the roll.

It could be worse; with your bonuses to initiative, you still go before all the bad guys.

I didn't realize the sheer speeds and distances involved. I may end up needing to do combat on the hover cycle after all just to close the distance and keep up. I suddenly miss Ozug's really high speed attribute and mega juicer running.

I didn't realize the sheer speeds and distances involved. I may end up needing to do combat on the hover cycle after all just to close the distance and keep up. I suddenly miss Ozug's really high speed attribute and mega juicer running.
There is the option of riding on Terra's other Automation until you get within range to use your weapons. Also, the fight is moving your way quickly.

Sherwood Sherwood Question time concerning Gradicus.

I would like for Gradicus to attempt to get the tank's attention away from Hagan. They are 3,000 feet away. To travel at Mach 4 means to cover 4,500 feet in a single second (Mach one is roughly 1125 ft/second). I would like for Gradicus to fly up there and swing on a sensor component with Summertime, but I have some questions for you because Palladium is a strange game.

1. Are there any sensor systems that are targetable?
2. If so, are they a Called Shot or normal Strike? If the former, at what penalty to Strike?
3. Would Gradicus get some kind of surprise bonus for flying in suddenly like Superman and swinging?
4. And most of all, if Gradicus wants to fight this thing in a melee (however long it takes until Hagan can get away) and he wants to stay behind the tank or at least not get in front of its main gun, how might that work here?

Because damned if I'm going to have my guy come in and swing with a sword only to stupidly stand there and Derp while the tank swivels its main gun and kills him (and Palladium's mechanics can make that happen), you know what I mean? If I sound riled up, it's because it happened in another game many years ago where... get this... while things were quiet, an enemy tank prowled up on my guys in an urban area, going around corners, and such, saw my guys, set up its shot, and one-shotted us, killing both characters instantly. Now, I'm not saying that'll happen here. I just want to know if the rules allow this that sort of play here, because if they do then let me know and I'll change Gradicus's strategy entirely. I just want to know if I'm getting him into a Spider-Man-like game of "catch me if you can" or if it's a tennis match, "I hit you, now it's your turn and I'm going to pray I make my dodge" or if I should change tactics altogether.

Whatever you rule is fine; I would just like to know it ahead of time so we're on the same page. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back