• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
A few posts back they stuffed the suit into the Badger and everyone hauled ass to get out of there.

There is an observation platform on the back that can hold up to 6 or 7 tons of weight, and right now you are nowhere near that big yet since you are a hatchling. It will hold you no problem.

For nearly a day, the assembled bunch of adventurers and freed slaves make their way towards the coast where the River Walker is waiting for you.

Sherwood Sherwood Just want to make sure I'm on the right page here. So, we've gathered up the 4 folks we came for and the refugees we ran into on the way here (including the one Terra healed)?

We're on our way to the River Walker? How far are we from her?

You are mostly right. You are on your way to the ship, but you have not yet come across the other refugees. You are roughly 6-8 hours from the coast right now. Hopefully, the other escaped prisoners are still out there, between you and the ship.

No problem. Sorry if I was not specific enough in my post. I'm trying to make sure not to fast-forward the game and to give everyone time to reply.

All right! I rolled Tracking and got it 25 points under! I like the look of that! =)

Everyone, don't forget that we are also using the Bonus Points that can be added to rolls. Not that Dann needed it with what you got, but just remember that they are there to be used.

Sherwood Sherwood What do our characters, as individuals, know of the strengths and weaknesses of gargoyles? Has Gradicus perhaps faced them in the Arena of Champions in his 10 years there? Could those who have not faced them roll Lore: Demons & Monsters? Somebody in our group is sure to know something, either through direct experience or someone else's (books, holovids, etc.).

What about the Atlantean pyramids? Sure, Terra and Gradicus, being Atlantean know enough to have a (small) shot at activating them, but could we guess our chances of being teleported to America to a Nexus point (as the Overlord seemed to suggest)? I would hate for us to battle all that way only to find out we shouldn't have bothered.

Do gargoyles count as magical beings? If so, rolling Lore:Magic might be an option as well - just throwing that out there, because I like rolling dice. I doubt Shaona has ever seen anything like the teleportation technology the Splurgoth use, sadly.

Well, the Splugorth may use it but it was the True Atlanteans who created it (that's why Terra and Gradicus would very likely get a roll to make the attempt whereas others would not). =)

I like rolling dice too (even when there is nothing on the line. I just like watching them roll around and hearing them - the dice have surprised me time and again - I guess it's why I prefer dice-related games over roleplaying games that don't use dice). =)

Given that we're in Atlantis, it makes sense that it's the old technology - good to know!

I'd be lying if I said dice weren't something special - there are at least ten right here on my desk, and writing that just made me search for my red d6 (number 11, as soon as I find it...).

Gradicus and Terra would both know that gargoyles are natural MDC beings, and some have inherent magic powers. There are several different kinds of gargoyle, so their abilities will vary depending on the breed you are facing. Those with Lore: Monsters can make a roll for this, and Lore: Magic can try to get some info on them, but with a slight minus to the roll.

Speaking of rolling some (virtual) dice, let's do this!

First roll: HAH! I love it!

Sherwood? How common are gargoyles on Atlantis? Might Gradicus have faced any in the arena or met any in the 10 years he was on Atlantis?

Gargoyles are among the many monsters that make Atlantis their home (along with a bunch in Europe, but that is another story). I will say that you have dealt with them in the past in the arena, and have seen others in action to know a bit about them and how much hurt that they can take before going down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back