• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hey gang. I don't really expect to have much in the way of posting time with everything coming up, between the holidays and the funeral of my wife's grandmother tomorrow. If you do have the time, feel free to drop in and make a post, but I will not be throwing any major twists on you until later on next week when everything is settled back to normal.

BTW, Dannigan Dannigan it is good to see you back on the board again.

Thanks, Sherwood Sherwood ! It's good to be back. I am real sorry to hear about Mrs Sherwood's grandmother passing - death is part of life, but I don't always have to like it. Heh! =)

Re: Bonus points. They sound every bit like Action Points, without the restriction that only one can be used per round. Yes?

Re: Bonus points. They sound every bit like Action Points, without the restriction that only one can be used per round. Yes?
Forgot to reply to this. I had forgotten the restriction that a player could only use one per round. I'll add that to the description in the Character's thread.

I don't think there is any difference . . . I just used the wrong term.

Oh! Is that all? I thought it might be because "Sherwood's Special Get-Yo-Hiney-Out-of-a-Jam Points" was too long for everyone to type! =)

I thought I had seen something earlier in our story where we had some kind of codes and coded channel or the like to provide the refugees we're after, but after a lengthy search through the early pages of our in-game posts, I couldn't find it. So, please correct me if I've goofed and I'll alter my post accordingly.

I hope 2019 is treating all of you and yours well! =)

Dano Dano and Silanon Silanon are you guys still with us? With Epiphany gone, I have only three players posting with any kind of regularity. I have been trying to find some more people to join in, because the encounters I had planned for you are a bit overpowered for just the few people we have. If I can't have the players currently in the game post, I am going to have to reconsider the events I had planned.

Hi there,
first of all a happy and healthy year 2019 to y'all - a little late, but y'all hopefully didn't do anything foolish yet. As for the game: Honestly, I just didn't really feel it during the last two or three weeks, didn't really feel the same excitement as in the beginning when I saw the alerts. Didn't really feel like I had much to share, either, thus no posts on my end. Might partially be because I had other stuff in mind (Christmas, my sister's at home, the usual stuff), but that's certainly not all of it. I just don't feel like I'm doing stuff. Didn't even do the level-up yet - Just felt like I did nothing for it, felt wrong to cash in all that exp. Yeah, I'm stupid like that. Not the fault of the story, nothing in terms of using the skills I got - had plenty of chances to use 'em - more on a character-wise level. Hard to describe, really, probably even harder to change. I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere in terms of character interactions. At the moment, I'd fault my character concept - just didn't work out the way I intended to, at least yet. I'll think a bit more about that, gotta change something...

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm still here, checking my alerts on a daily basis. At the very least, I'll post when we reach combat at some point - hopefully, I'll get other posts in as well - no promises, though, I hate writing half-hearted posts just for the sake of showing up. Cheers!

Sorry for the delay... I've been pretty overwhelmed by work and life the past two months. Similar to Silanon Silanon , I just havent really felt this after pip left... in a group rp like this people generally find one other to generally play off of, and for me it seemed like pip was that person. Once pip left it left me in an awkward spot where I didnt have any real character connection with anyone, and everyone pretty much saw Trent as the villain. Oddly enough, if Trent didnt exist the RP would have gone exactly the same. Just to be clear, I'm not faulting anyone or leaving because of any hard feelings or ill-will, but because of how life is going and just not feeling it.

Perhaps in the future when life gives me a break I'll have more than a moment or two to read the latest posts and actually participate in an RP again. For now, I think it's best to officially part ways so folks arent left wondering if I'm still around or not.

Thanks for the experience and maybe our paths will cross again...

Take care, Dano Dano !

For what it's worth, I do not see Trent as the "villain" but as the selfish scoundrel (like Han Solo was at the beginning of Star Wars - Darth Vader was the villain! =) ).

I hope life gives you a break so you can RP again. You're a good guy to RP with!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

sorry for not posting IC for a while i've been busy with work and school, i just barely got done catching up with the ooc chat, sorry to hear that danno is leaving, and i must be pretty obvious because i don't remember pips leaving. i remember orikanyo leaving but i didn't think anybody else did. sorry for not staying caught up. I'll try to post IC soon if i can make it fit.

Pips never said she was leaving; she just stopped posting. In any case, thank you for posting here now. If you ever need to go silent for a while, let me know so I don't wonder what happened.

Everyone, I am going to NPC Trent.

Those giant pictures always scare me when they show up - usually means that something real bad has entered the scene.

Um, Silanon? if it makes you feel any better, we have a big picture of our own in each of Gradicus's posts? =)

Sherwood Sherwood Could Gradicus make a Lore: Monster check? Or perhaps in his 10 years as a gladiator in Arena of Champions he might have seen such creatures before?

Great - now I pity all those poor evil npcs who can do nothing but sit there and think "oh crap, that giant, immortal dude posted again. Don't get me, don't get me, don't get me..."

Um, Silanon? if it makes you feel any better, we have a big picture of our own in each of Gradicus's posts? =)

Sherwood Sherwood Could Gradicus make a Lore: Monster check? Or perhaps in his 10 years as a gladiator in Arena of Champions he might have seen such creatures before?
At the moment, you can attempt a Lore: Monster at a minus, since you have not seen them for yourself. Once you spot them for yourself, you can make another attempt assuming you don't succeed your roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back