• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also may need help getting requisite matterials... never been good at tracking shit in this game, always worried I over or under cut myself

Well, I'll be doing the heavy lifting with your character and I'll PM it to you to get some feedback on the skills and equipment you can pick.

Cool deal. With all the characters you have in hand, it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Best of luck. If you need any help, let me know and I'll roll up my sleeves and do what I can.

Bless your heart you magnificent knight, your heart is pure and your sword arm strong!

That's piling it up deep. Here are my stat rolls using your 4d6, reroll 1's and take the top three.

14, 12, 20, 15, 19, 11, 22, and 13

Do I make the roll?

Sherwood Sherwood I'm at a local gaming store picking up some Rifts books. Besides the Secrets of the Atlanteans book (I already own the Atlantis World Book), are there any other resources you would recommend?

If you are going to go the Man of Magic route of something like a Ley Line Walker, the Book of Magic is a good choice. It is a comprehensive list of all magic in the game.

Another excellent book is the Game Master Guide. It has a lot of condensed info in it.

If you are going to go the Man of Magic route of something like a Ley Line Walker, the Book of Magic is a good choice. It is a comprehensive list of all magic in the game.

Another excellent book is the Game Master Guide. It has a lot of condensed info in it.
So, should I roll some d6s here for yea? For the anti monster?

Thanks! I have the Game Master Guide, but not the Book of Magic. I'm also in luck! They're having a 20% off sale on all things Rifts!

So, should I roll some d6s here for yea? For the anti monster?
Ok, they are special numbers, so here you go:
Iq: normal human
Me: normal human
Ma: 1d6
Ps: 2d6
Pp: 1d6
Pe: 2d6
Pb: 2d4
Spd: 3d4

Rollin!

Rerollin 2 and 1 s, wasn't sure if you wanted that for d4's but went ahead anyways

Orikanyo Orikanyo don't forget to roll your 4d6 for Iq and Me, rerolling 1's and taking the top 3 dice.

Just in case anyone missed it, in the Character's thread, I have given everyone one rolled number to be maxed out. That can be an Attribute, or something like MDC, PPE or any other stat that you have to leave to the whims of fate. May I suggest to our Anti-Monster to take the 24 on Iq?

Just in case anyone missed it, in the Character's thread, I have given everyone one rolled number to be maxed out. That can be an Attribute, or something like MDC, PPE or any other stat that you have to leave to the whims of fate. May I suggest to our Anti-Monster to take the 24 on Iq?
Sure, skip the roll and lets go for IQ, an intelligent monster is a deadly one, plus it allows me to run some roleplay options

Don't forget I still need an Me roll for your critter.

Thoughts and questions so far... =)
1. Are there any Hand to Hand skills here besides the normal (Basic, Expert, Martial Arts, Commando)?

2. Should I ditch Atlanteans? Uh, after having read up now on the new Atlantis book and the current PC roster (Anti-Monster, Controller, Mystic Knight-become-good-knight, etc.), I am close to convinced that an Atlantean Tattoo Magic class is just not going to cut it. I just read through these classes and I'm thinking that anything that can threaten, say, any of the three aforementioned O.C.C.s is likely to stomp what I was thinking of making (they just don't have the M.D.C. or other protection). What else is out there that isn't as powerful as a Cosmo-Knight, but more fun to play than, say, a Glitter Boy?

3. Is this concept feasible? Earlier today, after seeing the Anti-Monster, and about a 1/2 hour of thinking and a little bit of chocolate, I thought about a neat concept - a Doctor Jekyll/Mister Hyde (or Bruce Banner and Incredible Hulk if you'd rather) combination of character ideas.

So... what if the Atlanteans, with their advanced bio-engineering and magic, created a creature that had two forms? The first form could pass as a human and therefore arouse little suspicion (from the Splugorth, Coalition, etc.), but that same form could biologically transform itself into a vicious, supernatural-evil-hunting combat beast with some magical talents?

The first persona sounds fun to play because, let's say, he seems to be a typical human with a scientific background (bio-engineering?) mixed with some magical know-how (techno-wizardry?) and between the two he keeps making upgrades for a "secret project."

I was thinking of a guy like this:
The dorky guy on the left.
ag1130.jpg
(Image credit: Skooldays)

The second persona is the secret project. A big, badass dog-like creature able to track down and smash supernatural evil with its melee skills, mounted techno-wizardry guns, and support spells. I cannot find the image on the Internet, but in Secrets of the Atlanteans there is thing called a "Shadow Behemoth" on page 217. I was thinking about something nasty and fearsome like that armed with techno-wizard guns and whatnot. I don't mean to say I want the Shadow Behemoth's statistics or anything; I just like the picture. That's it. I want something that balances well in this game.

Being different personas, both the dork and the beast are two people in the same "body." The dork voluntarily underwent this Atlantean experiment and he uses it for the greater good. I don't know his name, but the beast's name is "Fluffy" (or "FLUPH-E" for "Free-roaming Long-distance Universal Paranormal-Hunter - Experimental"). I thought it just sounded cool.

Is something like this do-able in Rifts? Is there instead something like it instead?

I thought about going cybernetic or robotic, but like power armor and mecha, that crap costs a ton of credits and I don't want to spend our adventuring time chasing repair bills or groaning about how much it's going to cost to replace armor and items when the bad guys damage something.

Anyone have any thoughts out there?

Once I get my list of stuff from sherwood, I'll get to thinking flavor, story, etc.

I wonder who will work with Mr.Tall, dark and ugly?

Whomever can get past his appearance and work well with his inner being. =)

I hope you do not mean that physically, his insides are soft and squishy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back