• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
(OOC: It was unclear if the door could be opened from the outside based on how easily other doors and cell doors on the ship had been opened from the outside.)

Sherwood Sherwood This. Thank you, Vaneheart!

Sherwood, whether Vaneheart's character frees himself, or my character uses whatever method you have given him to open all of the other doors to the slave pens, either method does not really matter to me. It's a just heavy MDC door. Heavy, yes, but from the data you have provided, it's still just a door. Now if you had said, "the door is locked from the outside and you lack a key" that's an entirely different situation, isn't it?

But regardless of how the door is opened, my irritation comes from my unacknowledged statements of intention. Sherwood, please try to look at this from the player's perspective. Here is where the trouble began:

As you and Smoochie are opening doors, a older man that seems to be some kind of town elder comes to talk to you and answer your questions.
(Underline mine. Thus far, in my mind, even Smoochie appears to not have any problems whatsoever opening any doors. They appear to be quite manageable when operated from the outside.)

GM via NPCs: "The hero you want to free is beyond that heavy MDC door!"
PC: "O.K. My character attempts to open the door." (My character has Supernatural Strength plus brains. He can either pull the door open or hit the button or whatever we have been doing to open all of the previous cells unless the GM states differently.)
GM: "You head to the door. The NPC hesitantly points at the door. "He was last seen locked up in there."
PC: "Once again, my character attempts to open the door."
GM via NPCs: "That must be him in there! Please, help him!"
PC: "For crying out loud, what do you think my character has been trying to do since last Wednesday?"

That is why I am irritated. I feel like I'm being ignored (again). I don't know anyone who likes feeling ignored or overlooked. Especially roleplayers. This time, I feel like asking, "How many times do I have to post the same thing?"

If you don't want my character to open the door, that's fine! Just say so! I don't mind failing. But at least acknowledge what I am telling you my character has been trying to do for the better part of a week! Then I can get rid of this aggravating situation and go back to being my easy-going self again.

Does any of this post make sense? Do you see now, bud?

I am seeing where the confusion lay. I had thought that I had posted that all the cells were locked, and Gradicus and Smoochie were breaking them open. Since the majority of the cells you were dealing with were made for normal people, it was easy for your Augmented strength to be able to crack them open. The door with Dru behind it was made of stronger stuff, built to hold DBees with powers and abilities that made them more of a threat.

In any case, I apologize for not being more clear, and causing anyone to have frustration in the way the posts were coming out.

Wangler's Knob...

I must admit, when I first read the name of the town these villagers are from, not only did my Atlantean gladiator character not know what to think, but neither did I! I mean, Wangler's Knob? I'm with Gradicus on this one. What's a "wangler"? Is that like... wrangler? And what's this about a knob?

In that moment, I became very appreciative that we were not playing some kind of satirical RPG laced with naughty British humor. I may have misread the name to "Wanker's Knob"!

"You come from a place called Wanker's Knob?!" my character might exclaim in fright to the mayor and the villagers. "Then... that must mean you are all a bunch of pricks! OH NO!!"

*Gradicus runs out of the slave pens, jumps off the ship, and swims as fast as he can back to Atlantis where at least there he knows what horrors to expect! Ha ha! =)

I fear that this is one of those things that you read once and can't forget ever after - some part of me hopes that this village won't be of utmost importance, because I might not take its inhabitants serious any longer...

Hah! Silanon Silanon I apologize for any images in your head beyond the simply humorous! =)

*hands over a giant jug marked "Brain Bleach" anyway.* =)

Sherwood Sherwood Could I have my character make a roll on Lore: Demons and Monsters to see what he knows about minotaurs? Plus, has he ever seen them in the gladiatorial Arena of Champions?

Sherwood Sherwood Could I have my character make a roll on Lore: Demons and Monsters to see what he knows about minotaurs? Plus, has he ever seen them in the gladiatorial Arena of Champions?
Go ahead and make a roll, at a +10%. You have dealt with some in the gladiator pits, so as long as you make your roll, you'll know quite a bit. Do you wish me to roll the dice for you, or do you want to use the roller here?

Roll for Gradicus, please. =)

Do you mind rolling for him by default?

From the one that you met in the gladiator pits, you know that under their rough exterior, they are very kind a loving beings that enjoy old showtunes and line dancing.

(Sorry, I rolled an 95 on your skill check.)

Don't be sorry! Again, I don't mind failing (in Real Life as well as in roleplaying, I have benefitted from my mistakes as well as others'. Wisdom means learning!). Remember Luna's horrible and ridiculous fumble concerning gnomes? Even fumbles can turn out to be fun! =)

Given the information you have given Gradicus here, I am hoping I can use this opportunity as a silly icebreaker between Gradicus and Sir Dru (hopefully later tonight). =)

Thank you for continuing to roll for me!

Just wanted to drop a quick update to reassure everyone that I have not forgotten about you. I'm just in a bit of a blah mood, and any IC post I make right now will be a struggle. I promise to post as soon as I feel better.

What?! Our Sherwood is in a "blah" moooooood? Well, there is only one thing to do about that!

"Singing in the shower is all fun and games until you get shampoo in your mouth. Then it becomes a soap opera."

"I had plans to do some research on sinkholes - but they fell through." =)

"A pun, a play on words, and a limerick walk into a bar. No joke." Ha ha ha!

And finally, "How should you tell someone their milk is expiring? With a spoiler alert!"

8D

lol Thanks Dann. Its not a horrible mood, but I don't want to give a half-assed post. When I post, I want to use my whole ass.

Horrible or blah, I couldn't resist but to share jokes with you, bud! =)

Got enough points for the next level - I'll update the sheet during the next few days!

Hey everyone! Just to let you know, Vaneheart has a friend that is interested in joining us. With any luck, we won't have the same fiasco we had with our last prospective player, and I'll stress a good alignment from the get-go.

Side note after updating my character sheet: I had 6 bonus points left before the level-up. Not sure if there weren't enough situations where a single roll felt important enough to use them, or if there's just too many in general; either way, I'll try to remember to use them more liberally from now on.

Also: Just a few rolls I needed to make.

Psychster? Sil? What kind of cool upgrades and spells did you choose for your level? =)

Not much, my friend - I may now perform a karate kick, and a few numbers became slightly larger; that's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back