What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Dice Rifts - Atlantis Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
@Sherwood Just asking because a few hours passed in-between - is it still dark outside? Just don't want to cast a fancy spell that surrounds me with shadows when the sun's shining...
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
You've been traveling for a while, and its approaching dawn. There are plenty of shadows around to sneak in.
 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
well work has been really slow lately due to the cold temperatures no one wants to go out of thier warm houses and come eat chinese, so while it does mean less dishes for me to do it isnt exactly good for the restrant. but other than that im not doing that bad.
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Never thought about that, somehow always assumed it'd be a busy time for restaurants at the moment. Now that you say it, though: Most of those near my place are quite empty as well.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
It is? Huh!

Perhaps it's my ADHD, but somehow I didn't see the green lights at the stoplight there. I was still waiting for Dano and Pips to post.

So, folks don't mind my character's plan and I should post? My apologies if I seem to be in a "dense" mood.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
According to his profile, @Dano was on last yesterday at 4:30am, but his last OCC post was back on the 1st, and we all know how hit and run @Epiphany is. At the moment, from the last IC post we have, Shaona snuck forward by herself to investigate, then crept back to call in what she saw. Gradicus was planning on going forward to make contact with the bunch, since he is a fellow escaped slave and may be able to relate to them better.

If our two Prodigal posters don't post anytime soon, I'll put their characters into reserve and let them come forward later on when they do join us again.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
I'd say there were a few plans offered up, including Gradicus's. I think my brain was waiting on an O.K. from my fellow players instead of a "Hey, I thought of it, so my character is doing it" approach. I'm kind of wonky right now. I'll reread the in-game posts tomorrow and go from there. =)

My main thing is this - I don't want to steal any spotlight from anyone. If the team thinks Gradicus's plan is best (and perhaps they've already said so in-character and I'm too tired to process it at the moment), then I'll go with it. Yeah. Sleep well, folks! This Dannigan is going to bed. =)
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Personally, I'd wait for Pips and Dano as well - especially since one of the ideas floating around is to put the refugees into the badger. For me, that's a valid option, but also a no-go as long as the owner of the vehicle hasn't responded. Think they both said that they're on holiday until the 12th, so they should return in the very near future.

Apart from that: If you wish to continue immediately, I'd probably want to post before Dannigan gets himself into danger.
 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
i agree, if they said they were going to be on holiday until the 12th, then i think we can wait a few more days, give them the benefit of the doubt.(i am half certain i used that wrong but im not sure so im going to leave it)
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Everything Silanon and Draco just said. =)

(Draco, you used it right. "Give them benefit of the doubt" is the correct usage of that phrase. Good going. =) )
 

Dano

Leap Year, Baby!
I was able to log on for a little and catch up on what I missed but was unable to post as I wasn't anywhere near a computer and trying to post via mobile phone wasn't a real option during my family vacation. I will see about getting a post up this evening. I can say right now that Trent would not be on board with loading a bunch of random slaves into the badger... taking them with us would prove to be a huge hindrance to the mission and slow us down considerably.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus would agree. Yes, they appear to be refugees - yes, they could compromise our mission.

As Gradicus's player, and if they are what they seem, then I recommend we either send them to the River Walker with a communique to the captain or we come back for them on our way back to the River Walker. Part of the reason Gradicus wants to chat and aid them is because he has been a refugee here. I think he'll have the best chances of finding out if these folks are what they say they are or something else.

Maybe we should think this out in OOC together instead of typing it all up IC?
 

Dano

Leap Year, Baby!
I think thats a good idea @Dannigan

I'll do a post via Trent to give his thoughts and then we can talk it through here, which would give Pip some time to post as well before things get wild again :)
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
@Dano @Silanon @Epiphany @DraconianWarrior @Psychie @Sherwood (the last just to keep our GM in the loop)

So... with Gradicus approaching the refugees alone, and if all goes well with the meeting, is Gradicus going to recommend... (pick A, B, or C)

A. ... sending the refugees to the River Walker?
B. ... sending the refugees into the back of Blake's Road Hammer?
C. ... picking them up on the way back while stopping to destroy any hunters we see along the way?

Please indicate your vote so Gradicus's player knows what to do! =)

Honor and fun,
Gradicus's Player. =)
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I think that the option to cause the least amount of friction is to have them go to the River Walker. We can then have them travel back with us.
 

Dano

Leap Year, Baby!
@Dannigan Trent wouldn't like the idea of sending a bunch of people back to our only ride off the island when the group knows nothing about them.... for all they know, the people could be hunters in disguise and sink the River Walker.... Trent votes to leave them where they are and tell them nothing about who we are, what we are doing, or where we came from....
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
If Gradicus gets a good vibe from them, I would think that it could work to send them towards the coast with some encrypted radio codes and gear. Once we have our payday secured, we can then round them up and have a much shorter trip to get them to the ship and freedom.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top