• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sucking up is completely allowed, even if it is unneeded. Thanks, Psy.

Giant mech, giant magical cyborg, giant hulk.

Little ol' me. >_>

On the flip side, Purr Purr you could do what I did in my last Rifts game with Sherwood. I played what amounted to a Rogue Scientist for an OOC, but used Heroes Unlimited to give them superpowers. Allowed me to have skills that contributed to the group, while still feeling useful in combat situations.

Sherwood, how would you feel about my Mystic Knight being an Altaran Warrior Woman? Probably not one born in captivity but the daughter of the escapees, who grew up in North America. I like the idea of a personal hook with Atlantis (learning more about and maybe liberating some of her people) and the idea of being blind with radar sense is kind of interesting to me. Though I imagine she'd be disguised when the party actually went over there (a wig goes a long ways).

Too much?

Um, I don't think so. You can play a Altarian, but not with a OCC and a RCC; she'd just be a regular Altarian.

Trust in your Storyteller.

Option 1 is to have you make 8 die rolls, 4d6 each, reroll 1's. If you get a 15-18 on the three highest dice, add 1d6. If that last d6 comes up a '6', add another d6. You have a potential to get a 30 if you max out your roll.

Option 2 is for me to roll for you with my dice and place the numbers.

Ok I trust you - just try not to make me too over powered lol

No problem. I'm working on it a bit at a time, and will get you a copy of the character probably later on this afternoon to look over.

Man, they're both tempting. I'm probably still leaning Mystic Knight. Give me another day to decide for sure, though. Have some reading/research to do!

No hurry. It will be some time before I expect to see anyone with a finished sheet, and I'm still working on Dano's one myself and brushing off the dust of my Atlantis book for background lore and adventure ideas.

So, in checking the Mystic Knight OCC, it says 1/3rd of them are D-Bees/i.e. not human. I'll confess a particular weakpoint here; what's the difference between an RCC and a race? If I do Mystic Knight, I'll probably do human but Rifts has so many possibilities to it, I'll admit I've been thumbing through DBs of North America and I'm confused which ones could be valid for Mystic Knight vs. which ones can't.

Any guidance or personal experience to offer, anyone? Or if there's actually a rule that spells out how it works, can you point me to it?

You can pull out a non-human like a elf or ogre without any issue. Hell, you could probably do an Atlantian for their stats and connection to Atlantis if you'd like. But the DBees of North America book has a ton of playable races that you can pull out with the Mystic Knight.

Also, I'm going to pull in a NPC of some sort, depending on what everyone is playing. I don't want to step on player toes.

I meant to say this earlier, but somehow I forgot. Heya Psychie! Heya Pips! Nice to meet you, Orikanyo and Dano!

Sherwood, if we do not go with martial art systems, would you still allow an Atlantean Undead Slayer to be role-played as if he studied one? I have been reading a lot about the Chinese martial arts and I like the idea of an Undead Slayer practicing kung fu. Would tattoos of Eastern weapons be allowed (like hook swords, guan dao polearms, and the like)?

How are Atlantean attributes rolled? the only attributes I can find so far in Secrets of the Atlanteans are under the True Atlantean RCC.

Pips, perhaps you and Sherwood can come to a compromise regarding your character's race? if you were to play the blind Warrior woman, for example, would it be possible to just take the bare minimums of the elements that make that race what it is?

Sup!

the... anti-monster has a 44 ps, not sure what this means anymore bonus wise, and apparrently runs at 70 m/ph (112 km/ph)?

thats alotta powah

Pb of 6, and hes single ladies

Ha ha ha! You've got a good sense of humor, Orikanyo!

I meant to say this earlier, but somehow I forgot. Heya Psychie! Heya Pips! Nice to meet you, Orikanyo and Dano!

Sherwood, if we do not go with martial art systems, would you still allow an Atlantean Undead Slayer to be role-played as if he studied one? I have been reading a lot about the Chinese martial arts and I like the idea of an Undead Slayer practicing kung fu. Would tattoos of Eastern weapons be allowed (like hook swords, guan dao polearms, and the like)?

How are Atlantean attributes rolled? the only attributes I can find so far in Secrets of the Atlanteans are under the True Atlantean RCC.

Pips, perhaps you and Sherwood can come to a compromise regarding your character's race? if you were to play the blind Warrior woman, for example, would it be possible to just take the bare minimums of the elements that make that race what it is?
I have no objection to you defining your Martial Art as some Eastern technique. So, with that in mind, I see no problem with tattoos of any weapon that would be used by said Martial Art style.

I'm looking in my Secrets of the Atlantians book on page 47, and I'm finding stats listed there.
Iq 3d6+4
Me 4d6+6
Ma 3d6+4
Ps 4d6+4 considered Augmented
Pp 3d6
Pe 3d6+6
Pb 3d6+6
Spd 4d6+6

And finally, after a bit of pondering, I guess I can allow said compromise for Epiphany Epiphany . If you want to play a Altarian, use their stats and racial powers but you don't have their gear and skills; those will be replaced by the Mystic Warrior OCC. Fair enough?

I have no clue what you just said Orikanyo Orikanyo
Normal humans have a Attribute range of 3-18, with some exceptional few hitting as high as 24. Since the Anti-Monster is a magical Cyborg, his strength (Ps) is truly incredible. Orikanyo maxed out his strength roll, and with some skills on top of it, he is a brutal hand to hand fighter.

Then we have his appearance of 6. He's not pretty. In fact, he's rather ugly. One reason why his Character Class is the Anti-Monster.

Atlantians have some awesome stats. I almost want to switch my race from human to one of them as a Controller.

Thanks, Sherwood! I take it those are the attributes from the R.C.C.? I noticed the P.P. attribute is the only one without a bonus. Perhaps I should put the freebie-24 there...

Concerning martial arts, perhaps we could put a limit on certain techniques, skilks, and attribute points gained? That way we could still pick up martial techniques and Weapon Proficiencies and attacks per round and the like without going overboard?

Perhaps you could disallow systems with automatic dodge, if you don't want it in the game? Just tossing ideas out here.

Orikanyo Orikanyo I concur with Dano, only adding that once I do figure out what you're saying, it's pretty funny!

Well, the cooling fan on my laptop died, and now I'm posting from my tablet. It has set me a little behind, so hopefully I can get it fixed quickly.

Sherwood Sherwood If there is anything you need looked up, let me know either here or in Conversation and I'll try to get it to you.

I was somewhat joking at the earlier comment about being an Atlantian, but the more I think about it, it might be a interesting idea, especially if epiphany plays a Blind Warrior Women. We could all have some kind of link to Atlantis, as either a Atlantian or some race that was a slave of the Splurgoth. It could be the reason we are all going back; we have personal knowledge of the tyranny of the Splurgoth.

What does everyone think about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back