• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Some songs just hit the nail on the head - didn't know that one before, great lyrics. Sometimes I'm wondering how much good stuff out there I'm missing; I mean, I've got my own sources of musical inspiration, but there's always more to be found...

The two Cyber Knights bid you farewell for now, saying that at least one of them will be at the mansion in the morning to join in, so any message to Sir Dru can be delivered to him in person easily enough.

"...and between now and our departure time tomorrow..."
(ellipsis mine)

Wait. What? I feel like I am missing something. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Is this a hint for Grad to spend the night in Elder Brazamal's mansion or something? And how are the Cyber-knights going to deliver a message to Sir Dru "in person"?

The Cyber Knights were going to be joining you with the fight to stop the Mechanoids with Dru, so that is what I was meaning.

If you want to spend a night at the mansion, you are welcome to do so, but you are by no means required to. I did not mean to give that impression.

Oh! Uhh... Okay.

So, the Cyber-knights are joining our group and they have some means to get up north? Or is Grad supposed to fly them up there?

They were going to go with whatever means of transport that Lord Brazamal has cooked up. He has people meeting at his mansion in the morning for the trip.

Grad can either travel with Braz or fly on his own. I think you may like traveling with Braz, though.

Whoa! Okay, while I got that she was getting directly involved, somehow I missed the part where Brazamal was personally joining us in our group!

Okies... In times like these I wish our party could talk cross-continent with each other. Wait... I should have Grad ask if there is a way to do that.

Grad would feel extremely guilty if he got to sleep in a nice warm mansion while the rest of his buddies were stuck out in the cold up north. That's just not right. He feels he should be with them (post Shaona-chat and goodie pick-up in Dweomer). Hmmm...

Is there anything that either group wishes to do before I move the story forward?

Bear with me for this might be a little complicated to work out (or it might not). While Olsen's Magic Pigeon is appreciated, Grad was thinking something a bit swifter. Like perhaps himself.

1. Silanon Silanon It sounds (at least to me and Grad) that Shaona has some soul-searching to do. Gradicus would definitely let her do it.

2. If there are pyramids in Dweomer, Grad would like to warn his fellow Atlanteans about the Mechanoids. The bigger foothold the baddies have, the more people will suffer so Grad is thinking time is of the essence.

3. He would ask his fellow Atlanteans if there were items they could recommend (perhaps crystal?) that could communicate cross-continent (at least 1,500 miles).

4. Leaving Captain Raimus in the dark also seems like a bad idea, so Grad was going to fly out to inform all of them about the latest events.

5. Finally, if Grad's team is in the dark, then what's the point? He had given them the impression he'd be going to get Terra's Fire Crystals and be back, not wait until morning at Elder Brazamal's mansion. He'd like to reunite with them, spend the camp with them and rest up, then come morning, it seems that Grad has to return to Brazzy's mansion to meet up with that force or they might not know where to go? Plus it really seems like bad manners to leave Brazzy and the Cyber-knights (new name for a punk band!) hanging if Grad isn't present.

That's what I would like to do prior to the story (and the Mechanoids) move forward.

I like the idea of getting the band back together sooner than later. Now that you have placed your order for your magic items to be made, established contact with the Cyber Knights, and have talked to Olsen, you can now make a quick run into Dweomer proper and send a message to your home Clan. Then, you are free to make the flight back to rendezvous with Bobo, Terra and Dru as they head back south to meet with Hagan and tell them about what you have accomplished. From there, you are close enough to the coast to be able to use the Badger's radio to call to Capt. Ramius on the Slaver Raider and warn him about what is going on.

O.K. If that's what works best for you, lets do that. How about Atlantean ideas for long-range communication? Do they have Communication Crystals like the ones we purchased in McDonald's "Super" size?

And most importantly, what about Shaona? I can't tell if Sil wants to keep playing her or not (and maybe Sil doesn't yet know, like he said...). =)

I am going to say that yes, there are communication crystals capable of longer range communication, but you'll have to go to a Atlantean home pyramid and negotiate. They are rare and expensive, but as you level up, your street cred goes up, and your ability to negotiate for one also increases.

Shaona is still in the game until I hear otherwise. Since she is at Brazamal's home, she can travel with him and the rest of the reinforcements he's gathering up on his end to help out when Silanon Silanon is ready to bring her back into the mix.

So, for now, that means no (or at least a side quest, which I don't see happening given what's at stake). O.K.. I was trying to save Grad some flying time and keep the party together, but what you're saying is good by me.

Could Gradicus deliver Terra the T-shirts along with her Fire Crystals and return of her credstick (her change)?

I'd generally be up for an adventure outside of North America - be it the Atlantean homelands, Europe, etc. Thus far, I've mainly seen one part of the entire Rifts world, would be interested to see more at some point - if you feel like you've got similarly awesome stories to tell there, that is =)
Of course, we have a cyber knight on a mission who might not wish to leave, so we might have stuff to finish alongside him before moving to other, distant tasks. Just meant as general appreciation of the "let's go somewhere else at some point" idea.

As for the pressing matters right now - I'm all for reuniting the group soon-ish. Think we've done most things we came for, and there are robots to slay. I'd want to wrap up the dialog between Grad and Shaona, but I'll come to a conclusion within my next post. Likely after the recommended soul-searching. As for the result: I shall spoil nothing!

The fact that I didn't ask Sherwood to approve another character thus far might be an indication... okay, I just stumbled across too many things I like about Shaona during my last few posts, I'll stick with her.

Last edited:
Ok! So, just so I don't make a mistake (rare, I know lol), let me make sure I know just what everyone is doing.

Grad is going to go to into Dweomer proper and find a pyramid to send a message to his Clan, then fly back to meet up with Terra, Bobo and Dru.

The Three Musketeers (or is that the Three Stooges?) are heading back to meet up with Hagan after his resupply run and wait for word from Gradicus.

Shaona is at Brazamal's mansion during the scene where she is having her conversation with Grad. Is there anything else that she would want to do before the morning when the Avengers Assemble for whatever means of transport that Braz has in mind?

Did I leave anything out?

Is it necessary to put this in a spoiler? Probably not, but I began this non-sense this morning, and so I have to continue, right?

She'll do some thinking, and I'd like to spend some time on learning the spells that I bought when we first returned to the mansion - had them listed, but unused thus far since there was no time to learn them, but I'd like to put them to good use during the battle.

Apart from that: Is it possible to upgrade her armor with a pair of new shoulderplates? I've got something in mind as a symbolic gesture that'd make her want to switch them, so I'd want to get new ones; is there anything available that would improve her armor and be available immediately? I've got funds to get something nice, but I have no clue what would be possible...

Edit: Just realized - If Sherwood doesn't read the spoilers, then this is an absolutely pointless post. Whoops...

Last edited:
sirlabe sirlabe
Bobo held his gun, and then his staff, and he thought why not give this whole magic thing a shot. He figured out how to use his son's gaming console, how hard could magic be?

I just love Bobo's attitude! There is no bear like Bobo! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back