• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie Oh, and did you work out with Sherwood how much your Fire Crystals were going to cost Terra? Were you going to get 3 of them (1 for Baby and Junior and a 3rd for your upcoming automaton)?

Sherwood. Done! So...

400,000 x 4 (Magical boots and anklets of Flight System) = 1,600,000 cr.
30,000 (Fire fangs)
250,000 (Shadow Cloak for Terra)
0 (Shaona's green candle)
Grand total: 1,880,000 credits.

Is that total right? Did I miss anything?

The fire crystals are 5,000,000 each, so for the three, 15,000,000.

Just remember, you won't have the crystals until Gradicus comes back from Dweomer.

It will take a week for all the boots/ankle straps to be made up.

Okies! Thanks! With that, Grad would thank the elves and visit the Cyber-knights (I'll write something up for IC).

Alrighty - short update on what I'm up to right now =)

Did a bit of thinking the last few days, attempting to find an awesome character to play. Now I don't know how you go about that kind of thing, but I like to go through one or two of these online questionnaires that force you to think about all kind of silly things, like favorite color, table manners, and 'when did the character last climb a tree and why?'. Long story short, none of my potential concepts really convinced me to a point where I'd want to play them. Y'know, no answers, or dull answers, or the kind of answers you wouldn't want to deal with in an rp.

However, that naturally got me thinking about Shaona as she is right now - about the things I complained about, and the kind of awesome answers that are still out there for her, unexplored. And at least for the moment, I think that she has more potential than anything else I could come up with right now. I mentioned three points of problems with her previously; lemme address them real quick.

- the rule stuff about the tw's: It's clunky, but until recently, it hasn't really been what Shaona's kind of technowizardry was all about. Technowizardry, for her, was all about the armor, the ability to throw out spells and the like, maybe take a machine or two apart; y'know, more about using the cool stuff, not taking all the time to create 'em. Now I'd want to create some stuff at some point, as mentioned before; but I might've been too focused on that one aspect of the class.
- depth: think there's more to be found. There's one major flaw, which is the upcoming conflict that draws her away from the group all the time; that one needs to be addressed, preferably right now. I do think I'm in a position where I can turn away from that in a reasobale manner, and I would like to try, I think.
- character connections: Half of the group is relatively new, the other half has spent weeks running from action to action. We've got a bit of downtime right now, though only briefly before storming a fricking fortress. I'd like to use that for the attempt of a somewhat deeper conversation with Gradicus, since he happens to be the only one nearby.

In short: Not convinced that switching characters is the way to go at the moment. I'd like Shaona to have a conversation with Purr Purr 's Grad if he's up for it, and see where it goes from there. Maybe it'll feel right to get to that unavoidable hug that was mentioned previously; maybe not though, that's what I'm thinking right now at least. Not sure right now. We'll see, I guess. Just thought I should mention that the next couple of posts might not quite be the expected farewell posts for Shaona...

In either case: Sherwood Sherwood Meeting her old companions, I'd like Shaona to try and learn more about the robots we encountered; is there something I can roll to do that? I'd like to consult the technowizard Estevan for advice, it's obviously at your discretion if there's anything to be learned. Since Gradicus is still out there, hopefully finding allies, I can get up a post with more details as well.

In short: Not convinced that switching characters is the way to go at the moment. I'd like Shaona to have a conversation with @Dannigan 's Grad if he's up for it, and see where it goes from there. Maybe it'll feel right to get to that unavoidable hug that was mentioned previously; maybe not though, that's what I'm thinking right now at least. Not sure right now. We'll see, I guess. Just thought I should mention that the next couple of posts might not quite be the expected farewell posts for Shaona...

Silanon Silanon Sil, if it helps you "find the fun," then it works for me! We might RP a scene where Grad delivers the green candle to Shaona at a place of her choosing (told to him via radio) and we go from there? I don't mind RPing two scenes in two slightly different timelines at once (that way, our team gets reunited in less time). I could RP Grad meeting the Cyber-knights in one and Shaona chatting with Grad in another. Say, at Elder Brazamal's mansion? He'd love to show her the shirts he got for Terra's babies! =)

That would be great. I'll post IC shortly for Terra's encounter with the sky cycles, and Grad's run to the Cyber Knights.

In either case: @Sherwood Meeting her old companions, I'd like Shaona to try and learn more about the robots we encountered; is there something I can roll to do that? I'd like to consult the technowizard Estevan for advice, it's obviously at your discretion if there's anything to be learned. Since Gradicus is still out there, hopefully finding allies, I can get up a post with more details as well.
Almost forgot to reply to this here.

Go ahead and give me three percentile rolls. With your technical background, one of your skills should give you coverage to get you something.

Purr Purr Sounds good to me - y'know, the candle was, as you might have imagined already, meant as a spontaneous idea to start what was supposed to be the farewell thingie. Saw your reply already, I'll get a reply up. The mansion sounds like the exact right place to meet. Also like the idea to split up the timeline a little - now it might be that the rest of the group will become slightly busy soonish, but I wouldn't want to drag things out unnecessarily.

Before that, though: Three rolls. Might as well see if there's some scientific breakthrough in the meantime, right?

Silanon Silanon Well, if Shaona doesn't leave, perhaps the candle is there in honor of her mentor's birthday or something special like that? Creative minds like ours create avenues... =)

I am thinking she will razz you about it, not in a mean way, but that is my take on her comment.

Razz me about what? Sorry. Apparently I'm having another hyperkinetic moment here. I have no idea what you mean (but I'm open to hints!). =)

Not quite sure. But I don't think it will be a bad thing. Psy is a good lady.

I guess I'll find out when Terra and Grad next meet (which is fine by me!).

As for Shaona and Grad, I'll start that up with my next post. =)

T-Shirt.png
I really don't know what Terra could potentially complain about - except coloration, maybe? Couldn't stop my inner child from trying a few different options - and those dudes actually know how to design T-shirts, so it'll look way cooler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back