• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If we split it three ways, it gives us 16,666,666 each. If we go four ways it comes out to 12,500,000

I kind of doubt Sir Dru would take it, given that we rescued him. If he's the honorable sort, he'll likely want to earn it like we did. I say 3 ways.

Listen, folks - eating is dangerous. Whenever you do something stupid like that, awesome deals will be negotiated behind your back, and it's just luck that I'm on the receiving end this time. Think the armor deal is great, and I wouldn't see a reason not to go for it.

Purr Purr Boots and daggers are per se not really technological objects - one would have to combine them with some tech to make Shaona interested, and I don't have any immediate ideas in that regard - give me a bit, though, I'll come up with something. I'm pretty sure that I'll find something decent to enchant the boots with, got a few nice buff spells and the like; since your swords are superior, I'd imagine that the daggers should mostly serve a utility role - something to use when raw damage doesn't quite do the trick. Hmm... no ideas yet, but I'd love to let Shaona give it a shot.

As for my own shopping list - whoops, neglected that one. I want some spells, but I also want to spend money on things that'll let me do new stuff along the way... thus far, I have:

Teleport: Superior - included in the deal, yay!
2.000.000 - 100 ppe battery
1.250.000 - House of Glass (maybe not?)
2.250.000 - Speed of the Snail
0.500.000 - Mystic Alarm
2.000.000 Invincible Armor (maybe not?)
2.000.000 Negate Magic
1.000.000 Bag of Holding

That's a lot already, might cut one or two things. Hour of Glass is questionable at this point for me since I'm not sure how I would cast that one yet - I'd like to cast it through the armor, but I have no picture in mind how that would look like yet. Maybe a couple of gems spread across the armor, then it spreads from there... hmm...

Sherwood Sherwood Technowizard math is hard, won't be able to do it today - I'd be inclined to use Mystic Alarm to build half a dozen low-quality sensors that warn us about incoming dangers while resting, does that sound like a reasonable short-term project? I'll think of different, more difficult things as well, more to come at some point... think I'd also want to grab a few gems while we have access to high-quality ones so that I have access to them when I wanna build stuff. Hav to check which ones are for what, though, or they won't do me any good.

Listen, folks - eating is dangerous. Whenever you do something stupid like that, awesome deals will be negotiated behind your back, and it's just luck that I'm on the receiving end this time. Think the armor deal is great, and I wouldn't see a reason not to go for it.

Ha ha ha! I love it! =)

@Dannigan Boots and daggers are per se not really technological objects - one would have to combine them with some tech to make Shaona interested, and I don't have any immediate ideas in that regard - give me a bit, though, I'll come up with something. I'm pretty sure that I'll find something decent to enchant the boots with, got a few nice buff spells and the like; since your swords are superior, I'd imagine that the daggers should mostly serve a utility role - something to use when raw damage doesn't quite do the trick. Hmm... no ideas yet, but I'd love to let Shaona give it a shot.

Thank you, Sil! On scientific basis, I must disagree - I hold the opinion that all crafted items are technology, from humanity's very first stone knife up to the International Space Station and beyond. If someone put it together (as opposed to nature creating it), then in my mind, it's tech. =) WIth that, I give you this short (and related) funny to enjoy!

Do not take Ali G seriously! He is an actor! =)
"No, no, he ain't got no technology..." (I won't ruin the next line...) And the look on that scientist's face is priceless! =)

Teleport: Superior - included in the deal, yay!

Thanks for not minding my bringing it up and into the deal? It was "spellcaster territory" if you understand my meaning, but I figured my character can't buy his tattoo magic so why not go to bat for those who can get their magic through credits? =)

Then again, I don't play a techno-wizard and if memory serves, they want something "high-tech" in their creations? Hmm. High-tech dragon boots and daggers. Anyone else have any ideas?

Also, are we dividing up the talismans 2 per PC (and having Grad lend one to Sir Dru for joining the party)? Or are we doing something else with them?

I like the idea of keeping the talismans for now. We just got a load of cash for finishing our contract with Braz, then another bunch of points for selling the Serpent Armor.

Your boots and daggers may need to be magicked up by other spellcasters if it does not count as a technological device.

Dividing them sounds good - better than to have one person trip in the wrong moment and see all of 'em fall into the ocean or something.

And I did indeed mean high-tech stuff - I'd be confident that a shaman could enchant regular boots, but I don't feel like that'd be Shaona's approach. So the question becomes how one could incorporate the unusual material into something that stands for progress as well as the triumph of the accomplished deeds. Not an easy task, but I shall think about it.

I would have to say that the boots and daggers would not count as a high tech device, but an enchantment is still possible. You will just have to find a higher level Ley Line Walker that would be willing to do that for you.

Since everyone has the bulk of their wish lists made up, I am going to nudge the IC thread forward.

That first paragraph is confusing. A "higher level" Ley Line Walker? But Shaona is a Techno-Wizard. Are you recommending I go through Olsen (isn't he a Ley Line Walker)?

Also, Gradicus will be using his Multi-Optics helm to look for heat sources during his Perception check.

I was just saying that the spells to enchant a item are usually higher level, and while other magic users have some access to these spells, no one can rival the raw power of a Ley Line Walker in terms of what they can cast, and the amount of PPE available to them.

Also, Gradicus will be using his Multi-Optics helm to look for heat sources during his Perception check.
Forgot to add that I rolled a 15 on the dice. What is your Perception bonus, if any?

Thanks for explaining. =)

Grad's Perception bonus is +2 (more when fighting vampires).

Ok. Got it! We just need to wait for Silanon Silanon to post, and I can get a description of what you guys have come across.

I am starting to talk to sirlabe sirlabe about joining the game. Lets see what kind of attributes we can get rolled up!

The die roller here is a good system, or you can trust me with your rolls. Up to you.

There are eight Attributes in this system. For the average human, these are determined by a 3d6 roll, with 10-12 being average.

IQ: How smart you are. Numbers above 16 give bonuses to your Skill Percentiles.
Me: Mental Endurance. Resistance to mental attacks and insanity
Ma: Mental Affinity. Your charisma. How likable you are.
Ps: Physical Strength. High numbers add to your Hand to Hand damage.
Pp: Physical Prowess. Dexterity. High numbers add to your Strike, Parry and Dodge rolls.
Pe: Physical Endurance. Your Constitution. Saving throws vs Magic and your base Hit Points
Pb: Physical Beauty. How good looking you are
Spd: Speed. Your raw ability to run like hell.

That's not as complicated as I imagined are there other things like in dnd ex. intimidation, persuasion, and stuff like that?

Those will fit into your MA stat. High numbers add to your charm/impress chance

I'm working on your numbers now. Then, I'll type up the sheet in a PM for you to copy over to the Character tab.

Just so everyone knows, sirlabe sirlabe is interested in a Bearman from Robotech, with his OCC being a Ley Line Walker. Should prove to be interesting to say the least.

Welcome to the fun, sirlabe sirlabe . You will not find a more wretched den of scum and villainy. You have been warned! Dun dun dunnnnn!

lol Seriously, this is a fun bunch of people here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back