• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

Now this one popped in my head. Must be Gradicus's mood right now.
"Reach Out" by Cheap Trick

With fire in his eyes, Gradicus spun toward the refugees. He was ready to move. "Are you coming with us?" He pointed Wintertime into the air. "The Kittani have a ship and those Manlings are going to bring it here!"

I see that we're still in combat time. So, Gradicus's action will depend on the refugees's response.

full

Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Against the Kittani
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (175/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (65/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

With the warning from Gradicus that there is an airship nearby, the dwarf and the Overlord both glance skywards. The dwarf says something unpleasant in what you suspect to be his native language, then looks up at the Overlord for some kind of instruction. The much taller figure plants his powerstaff and says, "Grab Mellar and get ready to move. Habbattar! Grab the baby and get out here. We are about to have company." He turns his attention over to Gradicus and Terra. "I presume you have some means of getting us out of here? And what of this one?" He points his staff at the Serpent armor. "Are we taking it along?"

Blake would know from his experience with powered armor that if you are able to bring back a working set of Serpent Armor, it would net a large fortune on the black market, since it is Splurgoth technology. Also, now that Gradicus has mentioned the airship, you can see the ship on your drone's radar, turning to come in this direction. It is still several miles out, so you have some small amount of time to get out of there.

Moving out of combat time.

Terra keeps an eye on the Serpent Armor, hoping that they would not have to resort to chopping it to bits to remove the threat of it pursuing them further. "If we can take it, I say we should. Shaona, drop your Net and lets get the pilot out." She turns her attention over to the Overlord, since it seems that he's the one in charge. "Garran, I presume? I am Terra, and we are here to take you back to Lord Brazamal." She suddenly stops, thinking about what was said. "Wait; you said 'get the baby'. What baby?" Now what are we dealing with?

Combat Attributes
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.

Now this one popped in my head. Must be Gradicus's mood right now.
"Reach Out" by Cheap Trick

'Shh!"

Gradicus raised his finger to his lips in a quick warning of silence. He hustled over to Terra and hissed Atlantean words into her ear. "Beware, Terra - your tongue feeds our foes! The Kittani pilot speaks English! 'Very well, human. I yield to you.' Remember?" He said this with the tone of warning only; no insult and no anger. With an expression that showed he still very much had faith in her, he asked of her, "I will handle the armor. Get the refugees to the ship?"

He turned without waiting for comment, for he required none of his fellow Atlantean for he felt Terra meant well. In addition, he believed time to be against them. Finally, the young Atlantean also felt the pilot would be questioned by his superiors after this, and being a loyal Kittani, would tell what he learned - names and all.

He flew swiftly over to the Kittani Serpent Armor. Once there, he dropped into a horse-riding stance and positioned both his quasi-rune swords directly over the pilots' compartment, about where the pilot's head and neck should be. With less than a heartbeat's notice, he was prepared to cut straight down with all of his strength in an effort to kill the pilot. Whether he could do this or not was not a question in his mind - it was whether or not he could make the pilot believe that he could.

With all of his dangerousness learned as a gladiator, he snarled in English. "Kittani, open your armor and flee when the net disappears or you die in it." This, he meant, for damaged, bloodied armor was still far more valuable than none, and if the Kittani refused, then it was one less foe to tell the Splugorth. If the pilot complied, he was ready to let the pilot go and keep his word.

Without using her name, he turned to green-haired Shaona whom he knew he could count on. "Lift the net," his words said, but his eyes added a friendly, "please." Not that the Kittani needed to know that. Gradicus was attempting to intimidate the creature after all.

WIth a forceful turn of his head and the flash of steel in his eyes, Gradicus gestured for everyone else to immediately steal away to safety. Baby and all.

full

Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (175/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (65/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

The Overlord nods. "You are the ones we have been waiting for, and your timing is excellent. We have been harried by these Kittani and other minions of my former Masters ever since we left Splynn. Getting away from here will be a dream come true." He walks over to stand next to Terra in her Earth Thunderer, and continues in a much quieter voice. "When we left, we were able to take with us a dragon egg. It hatched moments ago, and is still disoriented. I would take the baby with us if at all possible, to spare it from being raised in the traditions of the Splurgoth."

At this point, the dwarf bounds over to the pit where the human woman had been standing and looks down into it. "Yaw need a boost out, little lady?" He grins wide at his joke of calling the taller human 'little lady'. He then jumps down into the pit, and a moment later, comes leaping back up with the woman in his arms and he sets her down on her feet.

She then turns to look at the rescuers and offers up a slight curtsey. "Thank you. I would offer up a more suitable introduction, but time is of the essence. We have less than two minutes to be away from here if we do not wish to see what reinforcements lay in wait in the airship."

Sitting on the Serpent Armor, Gradicus is in a perfect position to end the Kitanni if he causes any mischief. Assuming that Shaona goes ahead and releases the Net, the pilot will go ahead and crack open the armor to reveal the somewhat monkey-ish appearing Kitanni inside, wearing a light jumpsuit. It looks up at the Undead Slayer on the suit and says, "As I said, I yield. I have no desire to have my life cut short."

Out in the bushes at the edge of the clearing, Uleanar is looking up at a male elf that is now looking down at you. He says, "Hey there! Welcome to the world, little one. Are you able to walk yet? While I'm sure you have many questions, here and now is not the time or place to indulge your curiosity. We must be on the move."

Uleanar looks up at the elf with a tilted head. His gold scales and purple frills a little mottled from just having recently emerged from an egg. He tests his legs a little and looks around. "Why do we have to go? This place looks interesting... and no one can see me here in the bushes, right?"

His speech definitely was working and the ravenous curiosity of a hatchling was coming into full bloom already. His silver eyes looking about curiously before back to the elf, head still tilted at him in curiosity. His tail swishing about some perhaps in mere efforts to coordinate it better as he adjusted to his new mobile state of existence. The egg had been rather cramped at the end.

The elf smiles. "There are people coming, bad people that will try and take you from us, the only people that have cared for your egg. I am Habbattar, and I have several friends that are very interested in meeting you. Would you please come with us? I promise it will be an exciting adventure for you!"

Everyone else, you may post Perception rolls to spot Habbattar and Uleanar now that you know that they are out there.

Shaona, tw

A short moment of carelessness is enough to reveal her name. Likely unique enough to be remembered, at least if the one foe who listened survives. A single life to protect her identity, easily taken once it leaves the armor. It'd be so simple - let it out, pull the trigger before anyone else can chime in. So damn simple - but things never are. If the Splurgoth want her name, they'll get it one way or another. Let them have it - there are worse things to be known for than rescueing these fugitives. Betraying your friends's trust by killing their captive, for example.

The techno wizard ends her short moment of hesitation by moving her hand in a simple gesture; dispelling the net as if it has never been there. "You're lucky, slave." She spits that last word out like an insult, then turns her attention towards its suit. Different from most things she has seen- marvelous work that much is clear, and likely relatively rare. Perhaps worth a fortune, certainly full of surprises. One hand reaches out for it, her face shows sudden concentration. Few can understand unfamiliar technology as quickly and as thorough as her kind - and right now, she needs to know if that thing is truely safe, and if there's a way to allow for easier transportation.

I'd like to spend a few moments to see if the suit is still dangerous (some kind of self-destruction device or anything similar, you never know - well, at least I don't), and if there's a way to let it curl up or something, just so that we don't have to drag a 30 feet long thing with us.

Skill roll should be 80%, I'd certainly like to know anything else of interest as well while I'm at it.

Shaona is able to tell a lot from her examination of the Serpent Armor, and other than a slight amount of damage to the torso, it is in perfect shape. Knowing how well Blake is with his tools, it is likely that he can fix up the little bit of armor damage that has been done and have the suit in top working condition to either use or sell.

For those that make their Perception rolls at a 12 or higher, you can now see a pair of figures at the edge of the treeline; one humanoid and one more serpentine - probably the dragon hatchling that Mellar was talking about.

Speaking of Mellar, he walks over to look down at the captured Kitanni soldier that is crawling out of his now shut off suit of powered armor. He plants his staff in the dirt and says, "What of this one? Do you plan on bringing him along, letting him go, or are you going to end him, here and now?"

Terra looks at this Mellar fellow, and says, "We will not commit murder. Had we killed him in combat, that would be different than a cold blooded killing. If we cross that line, we will be no better than they are, and I will not lower myself to that level. We will let him go." Looking down at the pilot, Terra says, "Run. We will not spare your life again if you are dumb enough to cross us." She points over at the Dwarf and the human woman, she asks, "Do the two of you need a lift? I have a seat open on one of my mecha that you can ride on, and someone else can be carried."

Whatever their answer, she says, "Listen up people! We have to move! Lets go!" With that, she will either pause long enough to allow her two passengers a chance to get into their positions on the mecha. Then, she has Baby sling its Starburst Cannon and goes over to the now empty suit of Serpent Armor. In a quiet voice on the radio, she says, "If no one knows how to operate this and wants to give it a go, I can carry it out of here. But I need to know now."
If no one can or will pilot the Serpent Armor, I'll cast Mystic Fulcrum to be able to lift and carry the extra weight of the powered suit. Duration at my level is fifteen minutes.

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type
NG-SE9 pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.

Gradicus nodded to Terra and looked to Mellar. Being very much his own man, he spoke for his own actions. "I gave this Kittani an ultimatum, he took it, and I am a man of my word." He glanced at the Kittani while testing the weight of the Serpent Armor with his Supernatural Strength. "If the Kittani makes one wrong move, he changes our deal to his woe, but he likely understands that." Gradicus had no more to say about it, but nor did he expect this Mellar to debate the subject - for one thing, they had not the time.

"Now for the second time - let us begone!"

Gradicus shook his head. Why waste time moving their mouths when their breath was far better spent moving their feet?

With Gradicus's Supernatural Strength, is he able to lift or carry the armor?

full

When the question of being able to pilot the Serpent Armor comes up, Eric shakes his head. "I never learned how to operate an armored suit well; I guess I could figure it out well enough to get a move on, though, if you need me to." He looks kinda excited at the idea of getting his hands on a new toy, assuming you let him.

The suit is not as heavy as it could be; it weighs about a ton, making it just a little too heavy for Gradicus to carry by himself (The formula for Supernatural Strength and carrying stuff is PS x 50, putting you at 1,600 lbs unless you have a Tattoo that can boost your PS for a time.). The Automation with its Mystic Fulcrum spell will allow Terra to haul it for the 15 minute duration of the spell with the tail dragging on the ground, or you could double team the thing, with each of you taking on half of the weight.

In any case, the best speed you'll be able to make is the 40 mph of the Automations (considering the fact that I doubt that Terra would be willing to leave them behind), either carrying the Serpent Armor or not. The two that Terra offers a ride to both gladly accept, with the human woman climbing up first to get into the seat and the dwarf leaps up to stand in the open palm of one large hand.

From the edge of the clearing, there is an elf and a very young dragon hatchling that come out into the open; with the elf using some kind of earth manipulation magic to make a 'wave' of dirt that he seems to surf along on, and the lil' nipper is finally ready to take to the sky and fly on his (or her; you can't tell from here yet) own.

This leaves the Overlord, but with his various bio-augmentations, he is able to keep pace with the others with ease.

With everyone on the move, you are a short run to where the Badger is waiting for you with Blake and Trent in it. Trent is already sitting in the driver's seat with the engine running and the rear ramp down, and you can hear him calling out on the encrypted radio band, "Hurry up! That aircraft is already over the clearing and is now starting to circle around looking for us! Get in!"

Blake, cyborg

I recal my drones, and return them to their places in my trailer before closing it up and jumping back in the cab as i wait for the others to join us, my road hammer ready to go in a momenys notice whenever the rest of us are ready. over the encrypted radio i decid to greet our new guests "glad to hear that we were able to help, we have a ship waiting for us near the coast" i say trying to be a bit friendly

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +12 (+15 with one sword, +16 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.

Gradicus used his super-speed of flight to carry anyone straggling behind into or onto Trent's Badger (or if that filled up, onto Blake's Road Hammer). They needed to be out of here immediately!

His thoughts went to the first group of refugees they had encountered. Would they get everyone aboard the River Walker and free from the foul tentacles of the Splugorth?

As always, he thought, time would tell.

full

STATUS Location: Fleeing the Kittani Airship
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (285/285) Self-P.P.E. (175/236). Power Matrix (20/30 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (65/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

Terra will have her one Automation gently let the dwarf and human down on the ground at the hatch of the Betty, then does the same with the Serpent Armor, placing it on the rear observation platform for now, until such time as they can take the time to decide on what will be done with the thing. Then, with that done, she begins to hightail it out of there knowing that the larger vehicles would be able to catch up with her slower Earth Thunderer Automations. This would also serve to be a bit of a trail breaker to make sure that there is nothing ahead of them.

Shaona, tw

As the others rush towards the badger, solely focused on the escape, the technowizard is slightly slower to follow their lead: Lost in thought for just a few crucial seconds, as parts of her mind still wander through internal wiring and plates of steel. Nothing dangerous, nothing of importance, at least for the next few hours of her life - and yet, she might have stood there for yet another minute or two without Terra's interference. Crap. The moment she shakes of the mental connection is followed by a quick glance towards the sky, hectically making sure that the airship is not in sight just yet. Good thing it isn't.

The tires of her cycle dig their way through the soil as she turns around on the spot, seeking the released prisoner between the trees for one last, warning gaze - then it's time to gather speed and follow the varied tracks of the group. "Got you, Trent - I'll take the rear, let me know if I'm needed."

Uleanar found himself flying along and trying to process all of this. Apparently bad people were coming though he didn't know why they were bad. He'd just have to trust those who'd found him. He was lacking so much information about all of this. He just wanted to ask questions and get more acquainted with those here. Sadly that wasn't on the menu right now, so he could only hope for a more talkative time later.

Shaona, tw

From her spot behind the others, one new member of the group clearly sticks out. Those other few - more or less familiar; not humans, but relatively close. His or her kind, however - for the better or worse, dragons always matter. Some give great advice, just like Bramazal - guiding mind behind this endeavour. Others, more savage, fight their way through this world, and end up on the bottom of the sea. This one? It certainly is too early to tell, but killed right after hatching is high on the list. "Stay close to the ground, they're up in the air. Don't want 'em to spot you, trust me." The green-haired woman has the foresight to mute her mic before yelling those words; a look upwards shows her wariness.

With everyone hustling to get as far away from the airship as possible, the team manages to put many miles behind you without having any hostile encounters. As the Badger rumbles along, Garran, the Overlord, jogs alongside without too much difficulty while Ragnar the dwarf climbs up to the observation deck and pulls out a large cigar and chomps down on it. Inside the passenger compartment, Habbattar the Elven Stone Master sits with the human woman, Mellar.

Right now, Eric calls out from his position up in the turret, "Hey! We just got all four of our escapees, snagged a Splurgoth power armor suit, and found a baby dragon. Does this mean we can get the hell out of here and get back to Brazamal? Do you think we'll get a bonus for the other dragon? Speaking of dragons, are we in any danger of getting eaten by this one if he gets hungry?"

Terra lets out a laugh. "Fear not, Eric. Dragons don't need food; they exist on the magic of the world around them. They can eat, but it is only for pleasure, not for any physical requirement." She maneuvers her Automation alongside the Badger to try and see this baby dragon, and hopefully talk to it. When she sees the 'little' guy, she calls out, "Hi there! My name is Terra. How are you?" She smiles warmly, thanks to her Clan's love and appreciation of the wondrous beings.

Crocodile Crocodile

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +12 (+15 with one sword, +16 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.

Gradicus shook his head in disappointment. How quickly some people forgot about the needy!

"Am I the only one to recall the entire group of refugees we encountered earlier? The dying elf? The stubborn ogre?" He tapped his head as if checking to see if it were devoid of content. "Shall we leave them to the Splugorth's tender hospitality then? Are you that eager to be paid?"

Gradicus sighed. Since when did credits become more important than the blessed, precious gift of life? What kind of person could just leave nigh-helpless people to the likes of the demonic Splugorth?

For a moment, Gradicus felt very alone.

But he was used to it.

In Draconic, he too addressed the great baby dragon. "The sun shines on the hour of our meeting! Welcome, friend. You choose a dangerous time to come out of your egg." He pointed to the others and gave the dragon their names too.

full

STATUS Location: In the Atlantean Wilds
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (285/285) Self-P.P.E. (175/236). Power Matrix (20/30 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (0/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

Uleanar had landed on the back now, listening and greeting the others.

"My name is Uleanar. I guess I have a lot to learn since we had to start running right when I hatched. I don't even know why aside from bad people coming to get us..." He frowns a little at that, not really sure what all to say beyond that. Just taking in the names and introductions where he could. His mind still adjusting and processing to finally being free of the egg. He makes face at the eating people comment.

"I don't like the idea of eating sapient creatures."

As Uleanar talks with Terra, you can see on her arms, down by the wrists, a pair of tattoos. One in particular stands out to you. You are not quite sure how, but you know what that tattoo means. It is one of the markings that the True Atlantians use in Clan Draco Amicus to show their allegiance to the Clan. This particular Clan is a friend to dragon kind since ancient times, and something about it fills you with a happy feeling that everything will be ok if you are friends with this woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back