• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Somewhat disappointed with the lackluster results, Terra focuses her will and tries once more to stabilize this man. "Come on and get healed, damn it!"
MDC: 185
PPE: 91 / 31
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind

With the second casting, his bleeding has finally stopped and he is obviously breathing easier. If he is allowed to heal on his own, it will take him some time before his condition will allow him to be mobile, let alone travel enough to get to the coast near the River Walker. You believe that it will take several more castings of the spell to get him up and about.

While you are doing this, the other escapees are gathered around you, trying to get a better look at the success or failure of the spellcasting. As you lean back after the second spell to evaluate your success, the man's eyes flutter open and he lets out a few mild coughs. This is seen as a very good sign by the others, and you can hear a collective 'Ah!' of pleasure at the sight of their friend responding in any way at all.

The man finally stops coughing and looks up at you in surprise. "I'm . . . alive. I didn't think I was going to make it, once my Shield spell failed on me. Who are you?" He looks somewhat suspicious of you, but at the same time, he's trying to process that you just healed him.

The Elf that was working as his nurse places her hands on his shoulders to keep him lying down. "Renault, rest easy. She is the one that has saved your life. Her name is Terra, and she may be able to help us get away from here." The woman looks up at you with a tear in her eye. "Thank you! Thank you for bringing him back to us."

Kael lets out a grunt. "We owe you much for this, but as you can see, there is little we have to offer you in the way of payment. What do you wish of us? All we ask is a chance to be free, like you are."

Terra leans back from the wounded man and releases a deep breath. I guess that healing spell came in handy after all. "I am not going to sugar coat things for you. We are not here for you and your people. Another mission brings us here. That being said, we are not against the idea of helping you get away from Atlantis. I will give Renault another couple of healing spells to help build up his strength, because after that, you'll have to be able to travel on your own to the northern coast. We have a ship waiting for us there, and once we complete our current job, we'll be leaving here as fast as we can. Then, we can find you along the coast and get you to our ship and away from here."

She pauses for a moment, then asks, "Between you and Renault, can you protect these refugees if trouble comes up?"
Casting my Heal spell twice more.

PPE: 91 / 11

The Ogre nods. "At least you are honest with your intentions, and are not lying to make yourself look good." He looks at the various escaped prisoners and sighs. "As for protecting these? Most are not fighters, except for me and Renault. I do have a powerful hammer that I took off the body of one of our guards, so that is a help in keeping us alive."

As Kael talks, Renault manages to sit up. His strength is visibly returning, and color in his face looks much better. He takes a deep breath, and smiles. "Wow. That spell certainly did the trick. I feel as if I will be sore for a while, but I'm nowhere near the edge of death like I was." As he talks, his hands probe his chest where the cut was, seeing just how tender the injury is right now. "M'lady, I owe you my life."

The other escapees join in with their thanks, all of them are visibly relieved to see the mage restored as much as he is.

Kael lets it go for a time, then he interrupts the joyful occasion to ask, "How are we supposed to be able to be found by you and not a hunting party? And where is the boat you have told us about?"

Terra reaches up and unclips her radio from around her neck. "I have a radio you can use. It is already set with an encrypted channel that we have been using, so you can use it to keep in touch with us. Just make sure you don't transmit for long; if you do, the hunting parties out here can then triangulate your position and home in on you." She hands the Ogre the radio set, and points north. "Once you are ready to move, head due north and you'll come across our back trail. Follow it to the coast and hide, and we will be along in a day or two after you."

She offers her hand to Kael, and gives him a firm grip. "Just be careful out there. I don't want to have you get into trouble before we are close enough to be able to come to your aid."
PPE: 91 / 11

The Ogre nods. "We will be careful. Thank you for saving Renault. If it were not for him, I don't think we would have made it this far. Your healing will go far with getting us away from here."

With the meeting done, Terra makes her way back to her waiting Automations and heads back to where the Badger is waiting. "I don't know how much you could hear over the radio, but they are a bunch of escaped prisoners of the Splurgoth, led by some kind of mage and a Borg. I have given them a radio to be able to contact us, and sent them off towards the coast so we can then meet them when we come back this way. So, now that we have this taken care of, lets get on our way."

Blake, Cyborg

upon hearing the transmition i nod to myself 'thats probably the best that we can do for them right now' i think to myself before returning everything to its place and getting back in the reinforced cab of my road hammer.

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus +4 S.D.C.

"Blue Lamp" by Stevie Nicks (because I just love the song. =) )

Gradicus felt if Terra had initially acted less than good when the demons attacked the human village, then she more than made for her actions here with these refugees here. The refugees had seen a True Atlantean in both body and spirit at work today in Terra.

He keyed his radio and spoke with a grin. "You were excellent. Return knowing your fellow Atlantean is proud of you."

Searching his mind while he kept watch, the young gladiator stretched his arms and took a deep breath. Had he been in Terra's situation, he believed there was little he would have done differently.

Atlantean by Chuck Walton.jpg
Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Outside the Refugee Camp
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (220/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (---/100 M.D. 3/3 daily uses remaining).

Last edited:
With everyone back together once more, the small caravan sets out for the rendezvous at the Automation's top speed of 40 mph. It doesn't take long before you come to a ravine that the trucks won't be able to cross, but after having Shaona do some light recon around, she is able to locate a place that everyone can cross without breaking anything. It takes you out of your path by a few miles, but it keeps everyone together.

After a full day's worth of travel, you are now getting close to the coordinates you are supposed to meet the four that Brazamal has sent you to get. It might be possible for you to be able to contact them using the radio codes you were given. Do you make the call, and if so, who does it and what do you say?

Combat Attributes
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.

I put these songs in here because I'm often thinking of a song when I'm writing and editing my posts. =)
"Communication" by INXS

We can expect a fate worse than death if we fail... Gradicus reminded himself of his own words back at Elder Brazamal's mansion. Caution was necessary. Complacency, as always, killed either you or someone on your team. Gradicus prepared himself with this in mind.

For what must have been the twentieth time, he mentally went over the names and occupations of the refugees. Habbattar the elf Stone Master. Ragnar the Dwarven Artificer. Mellar the human Seer. Garran the "Overlord" Kydian. He felt using their names over an open channel would be less than wise; there were no guarantees others were not monitoring this channel. There was an accomplished seer and an elf. Gradicus unconsciously patted one of his many tattoos as he thought. What can I do with that?

Using his 5 mile radio, Gradicus switched to the proper channel and listened for some time to hear if any radio traffic was coming in on that frequency.

If all was quiet, he broke the silence with the following message. He spoke clearly and softly in Elven, a language his former captors made no great use of. "Elf, Dwarf, Human, Overlord. Come in." Gradicus purposely kept the message short and without details to he or his group.

He transmitted and hoped.

full

STATUS Location: A day's ride from the Refugee Camp
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (220/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (---/100 M.D. 3/3 daily uses remaining).

For several long moments, you get no response. Then, there is a static-filled response. "If I told you that broccoli was my favorite food, what would you say?" You do recall that this was one of the challenge and password phrases set up in your notes from Brazamal. The correct reply to this challenge is to incorporate the word cauliflower into a statement. This will help them know that they are talking to the people that the dragon sent to get them.

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type

I put these songs in here because I'm often thinking of a song when I'm writing and editing my posts. =)
"Communication" by INXS

Success! Someone had heard his message in Elven and responded appropriately! Gradicus swiftly pop the hatch to the Badger and called out in English. "Harken! I have radio contact! They are using the code phrase. I am replying."

Gradicus listened closely to the speaker. Did they have an accent? How did they sound? Was this creature male, female, or something else by the sound of it? Did they reply in Elven?

Gradicus took a deep breath, focused his thoughts, and replied smoothly. "I would say I prefer broccoli over cauliflower."

full

STATUS Location: A day's ride from the Refugee Camp

Terra smiles. "Excellent! We are so close to getting this trip done. Lets get a move on and get to the rendezvous point." Just think! A few days from now, we'll be back at the boat and on our way back to the mainland to get the payday told to us by Brazamal.

The voice on the other end of the radio lets out a relieved sigh. "It is good to hear your voice. We are anxious to meet you, especially since our mutual friends have been on our tails since the day we left. Please, use extreme caution as you approach. We will signal again once we are in position." With that, the signal goes dead.

As the signal cuts off, Eric looks up at Gradicus. "I can give you a direction on where the signal was coming from, but we'd need to move some to be able to triangulate their exact position on that line. Either way, we are close to the meeting point and can be there within a half hour or so, depending on the terrain."

Terra does her best to keep watch from both set of eyes on her Automations as they advance towards the meeting point. She calls out to Shaona, "Don't get too far ahead of us. If you get in trouble, I want to make sure that we can be there to help you."

Shaona

Good news - at last, they are within reach of those who caught the dragon's attention; just a few more moments, then at least those few will be on their way towards freedom. Others will surely follow; Renault's group once they return to the shore, and perhaps others if the word ever spreads. Terra's voice interrupts her thoughts, lets her slow down just a little more to match the others' speed. A short look back shows the heavier vehicles roughly a hundred yards away - almost certainly close enough if things go downhill on the last few miles. "Got ya - I'll try to stay nearby." One hand readjusts her blade's position, just in case that it'll be needed. Then her voice can be heard a second time. "Nothing dangerous in sight just now; keep an eye on the forest behind us, just in case someone found our tracks."

As Shaona moves forward, please give me a Perception check. If you have either Detect Ambush or Detect Concealment, go ahead and roll those, too.

Silanon Silanon

Shaona

Trees, mud, the others behind her - she's used to that by now. Thus, there might be at least some kind of hope that she notices any changes...

OOC: Don't have either of the skills - ohl well, gotta hope the others save my bacon.

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.

"Communication" by INXS

"Aye, then. Watch for anything out of the ordinary - they know they are being hunted after all," Gradicus told Eric. "Eyes and ears up, everyone! The enemy cannot be far!"

With his TW Force Cannon at the ready, Gradicus kept his Multi-Optics Helm zoomed in and on infrared on Shaona's path. Wizards were often not scouts, and though the green-haired human had done much with her magic, he did not wish her to drive head-first into danger. "Remember their words, Shaona," he hissed over the radio. "Move with caution." Then the True Atlantean nodded as Shaona slowed her pace as to keep close to the convoy.

Ready for nearly anything, Gradicus listened and kept close watch on Shaona and their surroundings. Atlantis, after all these millenia, was ever still a place of marvels and surprises.

full

STATUS Location: Nearer to Brazamal's Refugees

As Shaona slowly advances, she can hear angry voices coming from up ahead, along with several glints of shining metal coming to you through the brush. Creeping forward, you can see a small clearing with seven figures in it: four are humanoids wearing lightweight powered armor. They all have various hand-held weapons, some guns, and one with a sword. They are surrounding a woman that looks to be wearing a set of clothes made from plants, and the one with the sword has his blade at her throat. You can see that she's been smacked about, and is looking quite scared. The last two in the clearing are a pair of strange powered suits.

1547091687443.png

You would guess that they are about 25-30 feet long as you watch them slither about the clearing, and they stand about 9 feet tall. You would also think that the two naga-bodied suits are in charge and are letting their minions interrogate their prisoner.

What do you do?

Shaona, tw

As soon as the figures are in sight, the sounds of her cycle die off completely - the small blast of magical energies to feed the sound-cloaking systems might not be necessary, but there's no need to take the risk. Slowly, as if to make sure to not attract unwanted attention, her right arm rises towards the sky - if she's not mistaken, at least someone should note the silent signal. Only then does she reach for the mic to unmute her whispering voice for the others to hear. "Got something ahead - a group of six, with a captive. Four humanoids, and two snake-like things. You probably know better what those are, slayer. Nifty armor - don't think they spotted us yet." Her free hand already reaches for the blade as it will likely be needed soon. "Could try to cause some confusion to get her out of there, but we better act fast."

Blake, Cyborg

I chip in when i hear about nifty armour, "is it power armor? if so can you describe it to me? i may know what it is from my past with robotics and the research that i did before leaving lord Brazamal's estate, and be carefull we dont know what else they may be hiding or what they may be capable of"

Shaona, tw

"Yeah, power armor - and I'm as careful as I can. Looks quite sturdy; and flexible enough to follow its movements, that's the real deal. Multiple connected rings along the lower body, more traditional in the upper region. Got a few spiky things on it as well, and probably a nasty surprise or two. Not really an expert, I'm afraid - don't know much more than what I needed thus far, and naga don't fight for the coalition. Oh, about nine feet tall, and thrice as long - didn't mention that, did I?"

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.

This is the song that popped in my head as I was writing this. I think it's fitting. =)
"The Normandy" by Jack Wall for the Mass Effect Original Soundtrack

Listening to Shaona's words, the young gladiator hissed through his teeth at the images his mind portrayed. Kittani! Splugorth minions with a sword to a captive's neck and more Kittani than there were in his group.

"Shaona," Gradicus let his own caution be heard in his voice, "you describe Kittani, loyal minions to the Splugorth and mighty, especially each of the snake-bodied power armors. I say you continue to keep a silent eye on them while we stage an ambush on them with everything we have. If we attack them now, their captive's life may well be forfeit. What say you all?"

full

STATUS Location: Nearer to Brazamal's Refugees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back