• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Terra trades high fives with everyone around her, a wide grin on her face. "Hot damn! We bloody well did it! I wasn't sure we could pull this off, but we did it!"

When Gradicus gives her the warning about the Altarian, Terra nods. "I have not dealt with them in person, but as a part of my training, the Battle Controllers are taught what to expect when dealing with these." Still hefting her shotgun, she looks at the prisoner with a glare. "You will be searched, stripped to your underwear, and taken below to be locked up. If you try any bullshit with me, I have absolutely no problem blowing your head clear off your body, or I will have my toys pull your arms right out of their sockets. Do you completely understand me? Am I totally clear?"

The Atlantian motions for one of the others to come up to begin removing the various bits of equipment, armor and any radios or other gear that she is packing.

As she watches, she calls out to the unknown woman, "Hello there! Your help in that fight was well timed! I am Terra Alvana." While she speaks, she has Baby look over at her (Malice) and use its spell of See Aura to get a quick read on the woman.
I was hoping to use my MA stat to help intimidate her, but I blew my roll.

The high five with Terra marks the end of this particular part of the journey - and despite her warnings that boarding the ship is only the first step of many, a triumphant smile sneaks up on Shaona's lips.

"Bloody hell - made it in one piece. Good job, y'all."

As soon as she speaks those words, her movements seem to become slower, almost clumsy, as the armor's spells are ended - no need to waste what little magical energies are left therein. Others have enough strength for inspirational speeches, or carry the captured goods to different places - the technowizard instead squats down on the deck, and watches the ship's batteries do their work. A farewell wish to those mindless slaves left behind, and perhaps the sign of more things to come. There are knowledgeable men and women on board, after all, rescued to share what they learnt during their slavery. Perhaps one day, all of the slavers' places will burn, and freedom will truly reclaim the island - would be a nice feeling to have been a part of it.

"Shaona Elunier."

Her thoughts return to the conversations around her, offering her name to Whoevershemightbe. Not much more to say at this point, not while the flames behind them spread. It's not only the destruction that catches her eye, it's also possible attempts to stop their escape. Exhaustion might spread through most parts of her body, but there's still enough strength left to react if needed. Without much thought, her well-practised hands replace the used e-clip of her gun with a new one, then put down the weapon within reach.

"Sounds like you don't like the Splurgoth much, either - that's what brought you here?"

Purr Purr Vaneheart Vaneheart

While the captured Raider speeds along its path towards the American coast, Gradicus is doing a bit of exploring inside the ship, both to amuse his curiosity and to make sure that there are no other agents of the Splurgoth lingering in some forgotten corner of the ship. Much of the ship's space is devoted to slave pens, bringing back a much hated memory of your time in the Atlantian gladiator pits. As you search, you find that there is at least a hundred people locked away in their tiny cells, all suffering from various levels of borderline starvation; at least they had access to water that would come out of the pipes in the wall or else they would all most likely be dead.

As you open the cell doors, the people inside are at first fearful of you, thinking that you are one of their captors. Once you are able to reassure them that you are not the enemy, fear turns to gratitude for rescuing them. Their stories are the same; they were taken from their homes from a small town along the coast of North America, fearing that they were now fated to die at the hands of the Splurgoth.

One other thing sticks out to you as you question them. There was a valiant hero that stood tall before the Slavers, a noble Cyber Knight that held his ground long enough for many of the townspeople to get away. The last that they saw of this brave soul was when he was gravely injured and taken prisoner by the very Slavers that captured them! The townspeople beg you, if Sir Dru is in the ship and still alive, he is in need of your aid! If not for him the holds of this ship would be filled with their fellow townspeople! Despite his monstrous appearance, his is a gentle soul, and very kind.

Deep inside a dark cell, Sir Dru slowly wakes, feeling pain in every part of your body the likes of which you have never felt before. The last thing you remember is standing before a pair of Slavers with a full score of the Blind Warrior Women, raging in battle against them in a desperate attempt to save the small town that you were passing through. You have a vague recollection of being hit by some sucker punch and knocked out. If it were not for your years of training to endure the worst hardships, you would probably have been killed.

A examination of your surroundings shows you that you have been chained to the wall with your arms and legs frozen in place, and a thick collar around your neck. It is quite impossible to move, other than your head just a tiny bit. Your belongings are all scattered across the floor a short distance from you, obviously ransacked for any valuables that may be inside your bags. It is clear to you that you have been taken prisoner by the Slavers, and most likely being taken to the slave market. Perhaps you should feel complemented that they just didn't kill you off when they had the chance. Your fighting skills were such that you impressed your foes.

From the way you are held, you have little in the way of leverage to be able to break free on your own, but it might be possible if you push yourself.

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. (15/30 shots remaining in E-clip). Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

After having taken a good number of quality selfies of Smoochie and himself posing charmingly with the decapitated Splugorth Slaver head, Gradicus found something to wrap the head in. He was on his way to seeing how the refugees and the four Elder Brazamal required were doing when he thought of Atlantis again. How he wished they could have saved more...

It was then discovered the slaves in their cells.

"By my marks of heritage! Slaves!" While, if he had thought about it, he could have imagined slave pens inside this ship, the young Atlantean could not have imagined them filled! What a stroke of luck they had chosen to take this vessel! With Smoochie's help and many, many repeated phrases to the tune of, "Fear not! She is with me!" and "Smoochie, don't touch that! Open that cell, please!" Gradicus opened every cell door containing a person. If having escaped Atlantis now three times in his lifetime was not enough, now he had fallen upon over a hundred beings bound for the same cells he and his brotherhood had once occupied. Gradicus was cheered at stumbling upon them and mortified at their conditions. Using the radio, he came over the group channel. "Terra! Shaona! Captain! I have found slaves in the hold! Dozens and dozens of them! I am freeing them! Please bring any stores of food and water down here for them!"

If any of the slaves doubted he and Smoochie, Gradicus showed them the Splugorth's head. If that did not do the trick, he did not know what could. Then he learned of the captive Cyber-Knight. He wondered. Could it be one of the brave fellows his group had met at the Coalition village? He prayed not, but the powers that be often had their own agendas.

"Where do you come from?" he asked of the slaves. "And where is this Cyber-Knight? He shall know freedom again!" With Smoochie, Gradicus searched hastily for the missing warrior. Cyber-Knights may have had their own way of doing things quite unlike Tattooed Undead Slayers, they certainly had the same enemies!

full

Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Leaving Atlantis in victory!
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (25/262). Power Matrix (20/40 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (0/100 M.D. 0/3 daily uses remaining). Blazing Comet (Mach 4 for 4 hours. 1/80 M.D.). Smoochie (460/500 M.D. for 4 hours).

"Where do you come from?" he asked of the slaves. "And where is this Cyber-Knight? He shall know freedom again!" With Smoochie, Gradicus searched hastily for the missing warrior. Cyber-Knights may have had their own way of doing things quite unlike Tattooed Undead Slayers, they certainly had the same enemies!
As you and Smoochie are opening doors, a older man that seems to be some kind of town elder comes to talk to you and answer your questions. "Good sir, we come from a small town call Wangler's Knob. It is located up in what used to be Maine, right on the coast. We are a simple fishing town, making our living off of what we take in from the sea. We mean no harm to anyone, and do our best to keep to ourselves." He looks exhausted and filthy, but otherwise he seems to be doing ok. He looks around, and asks his fellow prisoners, "Do anyone know what happened to Sir Dru? I hope he still lives."

A handful of people replies, "Yes! He seemed to be alive when the monsters took him. They were taking him that way," and they point down the passage towards a heavy reinforced door made of MDC materials.

Sir Drutarak

The minotaur slowly stirs awake, his head throbbing. He reached out briefly with his psychic senses, but a stab of pain and a swirl of stars in his vision met him, and he ceased. He breathed in the stale air of his prison cell, and tried to move, but to no avail. His body ached. Well, this is a surprise. I am alive. And pain...that's a good sign. Means things still work. Where am I...? A prisoner...? He slowly gathered his thoughts. He took in another deep breath and glanced about his cell with only his eyes, unable to move his head. The darkness was no impediment to him, he had been born in darkness, deep below the wastelands of Baalgor. Another life, another time.

He tested his bonds. He was held quite well, unable to move entirely. They know I am dangerous. I must have made an impression. He smirked. He tried to summon his psi-sword, in the small shape of a knife, hoping to be able to cut his wrist bindings, but was unable to, his head throbbing again. Maybe they have me psionically warded? Would those foul creatures of magic also use psionics? They also used laser blasters, so probably. He mused some more on the situation. I am sure Sir Jerran or Sir Thorpe would have found their way out of this place by now through some trick of guile or skillcraft. I am more of a club than a scalpel. Still... His mind suddenly went to why he was there in the first place. I hope most of the villagers made it out. I wish I had been able to do more, and hold out longer. He had known the odds arrayed against him, but had committed himself nonetheless. It would have been a noble death, facing off alien raiders long enough for the villagers to flee or get more help. He recalled something odd about his opponents. The women I fought...were they blind? They didn't fight like they were blind. He considered the rumors that he had heard, along with the few writings about them, that the alien forces that called Atlantis home had employed blind women as soldiers who could still somehow fight. Were these the Splugorth raiders I had heard so much about? He snorted again. No wonder they are so feared. He glanced around the cell, and noted his belongings laying about in a mess. Well, at least that's something. I hope they didn't take everything. He suddenly regretted not studying and practicing telekinesis more. He could barely twitch a napkin, or wiggle a page of a book with his powers. I should be grateful that I have powers of this kind at all. Took me more than a decade to summon my first psi-sword, and barely a shaft of light at that. Maybe they are going to try to sell me on their slave markets? Or is there a bounty on cyber-knights? He had heard amongst his peers that the Coalition States may have a secret bounty on the knights in general, but lacked confirmation. Maybe the Splugorth did the same?

After a few moments of contemplation, wiggling his fingers and toes, and beginning to feel more awake, he chastised himself. Don't be so fatalist. Stop wondering why you are alive. You are. His thoughts continued. You're not dead yet. Gather your strength, and try. Truly test these bonds. Make them work for it. Grunting against the pain in his head and body, Drutarak attempts to break through his bonds via raw force of strength.

(OOC: I have no idea what check that would be.)

Last edited:
Straining with all of your tremendous strength, at first nothing happens. Then you can feel a slight shift in the metal holding you, giving a bit of hope that you will soon be free. That slight shift was just enough to give you a tad bit more leverage, and over the course of several minutes, you finally are making progress and with the loud sound of tearing metal, your hand comes free!

This gives you a burst of renewed energy, and after resting and catching your breath for a moment, you start on your other hand, struggling to free it, too. With your other hand free, you now have better leverage to be able to wrench it from the wall, and not a moment too soon. Out beyond the massive door that still bars your exit, you can hear a multitude of voices and a set of heavy footsteps coming your way.

Using the radio, he came over the group channel. "Terra! Shaona! Captain! I have found slaves in the hold! Dozens and dozens of them! I am freeing them! Please bring any stores of food and water down here for them!"
Terra is currently standing on a sheltered part of the deck of the former slave ship as they race away from Atlantis with their lives intact, enjoying the sea spray and fresh air when Gradicus' radio message comes through. Her head snaps around as she jumps up and runs inside the ship. "I hear you! I'm not quite sure where the supplies on this tub is located, but help is coming!"

Sir Drutarak

Drutarak was emboldened by his progress, despite the strain and toll it was putting on his body. His muscles ached, his head throbbed, and he was dripping with sweat. He breathed heavily, and even had to take a moment to catch his breath, but when the second binding gave way, he was elated. Huzzah! There we go. As blood and feeling returned to his upper extremities, he checked his horns to make sure they were still there, and quickly checked his head for serious injury. Now to free the feet and neck. He wrenched his remaining bindings clear, but his attention was suddenly drawn to the sound of voices and footsteps from outside his cell. So much for surprise. They must know I am free. For good measure, he quickly glanced around his cell for signs of cameras, or magical sigils of observation. Probably have me under clairvoyant watch or something. Doesn't matter now. He quickly glanced through his belongings for any readily available weapons, shook off the cramps and numbness in his limbs, then faced the cell door. Let my jailers come. The close confines and hallways of a building or...wherever I am...will work to my advantage. I grew up in mazes and tunnels. They'll have a harder time bringing numbers to bear. Rather than be filled with fury and wrath, he found himself filled with resolute calm. Various combat strategies took hold in his mind. He attempted to summon a pair of crimson falchion psi swords and moved to slice open the lock on the door, and kick it open if possible.

(OOC: If he can't summon his psi swords, he'll just use his claws. Drutarak is a potent weapon by himself. I am not sure what equipment he has right now in front of him. I assume no weapons. Does he still have his armor on? Is he naked? If he's naked or unarmed, but can use his psionic powers, he will summon a psi shield and sword, instead of two swords. If the door can't be opened, he'll lay in wait for his attackers)

Combat Attributes
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. (15/30 shots remaining in E-clip). Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.

Gradicus listened intently to the elder while reaching into his own belongings. The first thing he thought was, "Wangler's Knob? What, pray tell, could a 'Wangler' be?" The Atlantean felt he had no time to ask about that, though. "Elder of Wangler's Knob, please, give this to the most needy." Gradicus handed over his food (10 MREs), his First Aid kit and everything in it, and the water from his canteens. Smiling Smoochie owned no possessions so instead she gave out hugs of the most gentle and positive kind.

A handful of people replies, "Yes! He seemed to be alive when the monsters took him. They were taking him that way," and they point down the passage towards a heavy reinforced door made of MDC materials.

"Come, Smoochie!" Gradicus flew down the passage until he reached the door. He turned on his motion detector, then examined the door. With any luck, the detector might track movement beyond it. In the meantime, he tried to open the door.

full

Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (25/262). Power Matrix (20/40 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (0/100 M.D. 0/3 daily uses remaining). Blazing Comet (Mach 4 for 4 hours. 1/80 M.D.). Smoochie (460/500 M.D. for 4 hours).

Sir Dru

Inside your cell, Dru is able to rip his other hand loose, and with both his hands free, you are able to rip the collar off of your neck and get clear of the back wall. Being up and in motion both hurts and feels good; you are in pain, but you are one step closer to being free. A quick examination of the pile of goods on the floor shows that your captors were somewhat hasty in their work, and they tossed your body armor down on the floor along with most of your things. Your weapons are missing, but that is no real surprise to see. But you are a Cyber Knight, and your Psi Sword is always with you, along with your great strength! Your whole body is a weapon.

At this time, you are now fully dressed in your armor, with full MDC and your ISP level is full. Whatever horrors await you on the other side of the door had best beware!

Gradicus

With several of the concerned townspeople tagging along with you, Gradicus and Smoochie head to the heavy door. Both your ears and the motion detector indicate that there is movement behind the door. The town elder with you hesitantly points at the door and says, "Sir Dru was last seen being locked up in there. I do hope he is still alive. His actions cost the lives of several of the women-minions of the Slavers, and the monsters were quite angry at that."

Terra

Running through the ship, you find yourself face to face with several dozen people that have just been released from various cells inside the lower deck. They look dirty and ragged, but at least they are alive from their ordeal. You are soon joined by Eric and a couple of other members of Ramius' crew with sackfulls of food for the starving people here. The initial reaction of the people is one of fear until they realize that you are not one of their captors, then it quickly turns to relief when they see the supplies that have been brought down for them.

Down the corridor, you can see the tall figure of Smoochie standing in front of a massive door at the end of the hallway, and it is most likely that Gradicus is with her, but you cannot see him through the press of bodies between the two of you.

Last edited:
Sir Drutarak

Smiling at his own fortune, and feeling his spirits uplifted, the minotaur cyber-knight summons his bright crimson, falchion-shaped psi-swords, and proceeds to hack the lock open on his cell door. If successful, he will give it a mighty kick open, and proceed into the hallway to whatever awaits him.

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type

Once again, Gradicus tried to open the door.

full

As Gradicus approaches the door to look at the lock, a massive blow is struck against it from the other side, a powerful strike that dents the door, even with as massive as it is! It is quickly followed by a second, then a third massive impact. At this rate, the heavy metal will not last long.

The various townspeople that are standing in the passage with you clap their hands in joy, saying amongst themselves, "That must be Sir Dru! Only he could be so strong to beat this door down like that! Please, help him!"

Inside the cell, Dru can hear voices outside, and instead of sounding angry and foul, these are in English, speaking in happy tones. It is likely that the presence on the other side of the door is friendly.

Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie
What is Shaona and Terra doing during this time?

Sir Drutarak

He kicked the door and watched it dent and buckle. Almost have it. He was suddenly surprised to hear voices speaking American English in an elated matter. Was there a rescue attempt? He wondered who would even come to rescue him, and was momentarily saddened when no one immediately came to mind. I should make more friends. He stopped kicking. "Hello?" He said loudly. "I hope you are friendly. I am Sir Drutarak The Strong, a cyber-knight of the Americas. You'll want to stand clear. I think I almost have the door. I would not want anyone to get hurt."

While Gradicus is working with Smoochie (still can't get over that name!) on the door, Terra will assist as many of the people in the slave pens to the stairs and up to the more comfortable quarters for the military component of the ship where they can start to get some food and get cleaned up. There has to be a sizable supply of food on this tub, enough to feed all of these people. The Splurgoth wouldn't want their future slaves to starve, not to mention the Kitanni soldiers.

Shaona, tw

The slayer's call for aid is answered by Shaona - where her own supplies can do very little compared to the bags of food others bring along, her magic might help out where supplies alone can't. She's neither a healer, nor a physician, but she was taught one spell just a few days ago; and despite being exhausted and wary of possible battles ahead, it will be put to use if needed, trying to heal those who might have had a rougher time down here than others.

Got "Heal wounds", and pretty much nothing else. If there's use for it, that's what she'll cast - if not, she'll try to help where she can.

In the meantime, he tried to open the door.

Once again, Gradicus tried to open the door.

The various townspeople that are standing in the passage with you clap their hands in joy, saying amongst themselves, "That must be Sir Dru! Only he could be so strong to beat this door down like that! Please, help him!"

"I have been trying to!!" Gradicus yelled.

(OOC: For the third and final time, my character tries to open the darned door!

Seriously, are my in-game posts not being seen somehow? Do I need to be clearer in my character's intentions? What the heck!)

(OOC: For the third and final time, my character tries to open the darned door!

Seriously, are my in-game posts not being seen somehow? Do I need to be clearer in my character's intentions? What the heck!)
I thought that I had been clear enough that this was a heavy MDC door that was locked to keep Dru in. Dru has been busy beating the door down with brute strength. Shall we add in that Gradicus has been using his swords to slice the door open, or would you rather go some other route?

(OOC: It was unclear if the door could be opened from the outside based on how easily other doors and cell doors on the ship had been opened from the outside.)

Last edited:
Shaona can see that most of the people here are just hungry and dirty, with few physical ailments that your healing magic can cure. It would seem that the wounded were either not taken, or they were disposed of by one means or another. With the help of Eric, Terra, and several of the other refugees that you had packed into the Badger, you are taking them up into the larger rooms up top and getting them some food. They tear into the rations you find with gusto.

Still down below, with the combined efforts of Gradicus, Dru, and Smoochie, the massive door is ripped loose from its mountings and it falls to the deck with a loud smash to reveal the Cyber Knight inside. It takes Gradicus a moment to process what you are seeing: the being inside the cell is a minotaur! But he is obviously the Knight you were trying to get to, because he has manifested the signature glowing Psi Blade that all of the Cyber Knights are known for! Also the town mayor from Wangler's Knob is there, and his relief is quite visible.

On the other side of the threshold, Sir Dru can see a odd assortment of rescuers in front of him. There is the mayor from the town you were trying to save along with a handful of other freed prisoners from Wangler's Knob, a tall, athletic man that is covered in body tattoos, and a seven foot tall pink cyborg of some sort.

The mayor says, "Sir Dru, I am so glad to see that you were not killed by the monsters that took us. I was so afraid of that. Please be at ease. These people are rescuers, not our captors, and from what they are saying, they plan on taking us back home."

Sir Drutarak

It took a moment for Drutarak to process just what he was seeing. A pink cyborg and a tattoo'ed man? This is unexpected. Well they're definitely not my captors. They look surprised to see me too. I suppose I would be too. I am the only minotaur cyber-knight that I am aware of. He was both elated and slightly saddened to see the mayor of Wangler's Knob, along with some of the other villagers. I had hoped that they had gotten away. Ah, well at least they're alive and here. I hope they did not overly suffer. The battle may not be over yet.

He suddenly realized he was standing there staring, battle ready, with a pair of psi-swords in each hand. Oops. Acutely aware that many beings saw him and his kind as both frightening and a violent threat (a fact that he did not begrudge them at all, as he felt that reputation was well-deserved; he had no real love for his own kind), the cyber-knight dismissed his psi-swords, and slowly stood more at ease in an attempt to appear non-threatening, with his shoulders relaxed, and his hands open and at his sides in plain view. He carefully and cautiously lifted the environmental visor on his helmet to at least reveal his eyes and part of his face, as the visor design wasn't equipped to handle the face of a minotaur, despite some heavy customization. If only they knew what I had to do to get the helm to fit around the horns. Yikes. Humans have it easy. That poor armorer worked on just that for weeks.

He nodded to the mayor and said cheerfully in a deep and rumbling voice "It is good to see you again my friend. Worry not, as I am in good health at the moment. I must admit that I had hoped that you had made it out with the others." He looked to his rescuers. "I am pleased to meet you. It is wonderful to find new allies against these foul monsters. I was convinced that I would be facing them alone." He smiled in what he hoped was a friendly and non-threatening manner. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sir Drutarak The Strong, a cyber-knight of North America. Thank you for rescuing me. I wholeheartedly appreciate it." He hoped that his Old Empire accent to the American words, combined with his deep voice, wasn't too hard for them to understand, as his manner of speaking unintentionally added a roughness to the spoken words.

He had been amused and curious to learn that the American English spoken words for damn and the curse words for excrement were the exact same as the words used in the Western Empire and the Old Kingdoms. I will have to look into that someday.

He waited for his newfound allies to introduce themselves in turn, then asked, "Please forgive me, but you will have to bring me up to speed. I am uncertain as to where I am, as I have only recently regained consciousness, and I was unable to access my powers during that time. Is there more battle to be had? Will we have to fight our way to safety?" He looked to the mayor and the villagers momentarily, his eyes filled with concern. "Are there more innocents to be rescued? Are there any injured? I know no healing magics, but I am a trained paramedic, and I have medical supplies in my bags. I wish to be of assistance in any way I can."

(OOC: Sir Dru has a rather high Horror Factor of 15 , and I am uncertain how a PB of 17 would affect that [I assumed it really only subjectively applied to other minotaurs, but who knows? Rifts, lol]. He's going to try to appear as peaceable and friendly as he can, as he's fully aware that he is off-putting to most races, and doesn't want to upset his new potential allies.)

Combat Attributes
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7

Damage by Weapon Type

"Mars and Beyond" composed by Sam Hulick for the Mass Effect 3 Original Soundtrack.

And what was beyond door #1,243,671? Who could say? Entering, ready for anything, Gradicus saw before him a frightening, brutal terror larger than he, freed of its chains, and armed with fearsome weapons along with the grim will to fight to the bloody end...

...just like nearly every enemy gladiator and monstrosity he was forced to face in the Arena of Champions.

But this one seemed different! The gladiator inside Gradicus saw a horned, dual-wielding, armored monstrosity like that of an ogre crossed with a bull - and from the strongest-looking of both creatures! In the moment that the monster was set to fight, Gradicus noted the swordsman's fighting stance along with the advantages and disadvantages of that stance and the school of thought that often came with it. Immediately, the young warrior wondered what fun it might be to spar such a warrior!

Then the True Atlantean came to the fore in his mind and remembered! Nay! Wait! This is... a minotaur!

From the one that you met in the gladiator pits, you know that under their rough exterior, they are very kind a loving beings that enjoy old showtunes and line dancing.

(Sorry, I rolled an 95 on your skill check.)

They enjoyed old show tunes and line dancing! And they were kind! Loving, even! This was wonderful!

As the horror-inducing armored behemoth relaxed his stance, Gradicus moved to make certain his own horror-inducing armored behemoth was not in an aggressive frame of mind. It was good that he did, for Smoochie took one look at the minotaur and aggressively stepped in front of Gradicus. "Squishie-squishie?" the pseudo-Anti-monster asked.

"Nein, nein! Alles gut!"* Gradicus then moved in front of her and smiled up at her, placing a comforting hand on her side. "Smoochie, this is a cyber-knight! Remember them? They are Goodie Guys!"

"No, no! All is good!" (German)

"'Goodie Guy!!" Smoochie shrieked in joy. Smoochie, the massively-muscled brute, crossed her arms and entered a shy, girlish pose with clasped hands and ecstatic facial features. This was a Goodie Guy!

"Aye! And he is a min-o-tarr! Tales from my brotherhood tell of their loving, kind nature! They enjoy line dancing and show tunes!" Gradicus scratched his head. "Though I have no notion as to what line dancing and show tunes are."

In his 40th year of life (a youth by Atlantean standards), Gradicus had experienced many things through the blue childlike eyes of an explorer, an adventurer, and if he could be, a friend. He listened to Sir Drutarak of North America with great interest, for not only had he no sense of evil about his person, but he had the power to create psi-swords and the mannerisms of the Cyber-Knights of old. If Gradicus had trouble with Sir Drutarak's accent, he made no mention of it.

"I return your greeting with all that is in me, knight of the old code! I am Gradicus the Red Edge - traveler, gladiator, Tattooed Undead Slayer, and most of all, True Atlantean of Clan Marciniszyn. This is Smoochie, one of my magical friends! Your release is our pleasure, for the enemies of Cyber-Knights are often the very same as Undead Slayers." Gradicus's grin was as wide as it was genuine. "A moment, good sir."

Gradicus spoke into his radio as he continued to admire the statuesque physique of a fellow righter-of-wrongs. "Group! We have the pleasure of a recently-captured Cyber-Knight aboard our new vessel! He is allied with the leader of the Wangler's Knob villager and a minotaur, no less! When opportunity allows, you must come and meet him!"

After listening to any responses to his transmission, Gradicus stepped forward and opened his scarred hand to shake the Cyber-Knight's own. "My group and I have ventured from your country on a mission to free refugees from the haunted yet beloved island of Atlantis. Successful, we captured this Splugorth Slaver ship and are now speedily en route back to the continent from which you hail!"

full

One of the transmissions the slayer hears is Shaona's response, with barely any delay. "Good thing you found him, some people menti... wait, a frickin' minotaur? The ones with hornes an' stuff?" A short pause, another voice in the background - perhaps a villager asking a question; you hear a slightly quieter "Yeah, they found him", then the sound of a door and steps. "Gimme a sec, I'm on my way - nothing to do up here anyway. Everyone's fine, mostly, they'll be alright."

After that, her mic is muted - a silence that does not last too long, as you quickly hear her steps first-hand, taking the stairs with less care than generally advisable. The woman who enters sight has green hair, about shoulder-length, kept in place by a headband; even moreso than the hair color, however, her armor might stick out. Home-made and inventive are two words that might come to mind, the work of those who combine magic with tech. Her lips show a smile as she approaches, and her eyes show a sparkling curiosity as she eyes the cyber knight for longer than some might deem polite. It's not just the whole minotaur thing, the armor as well, certainly forged by a capable man...

"Good work, Smoochie, might've taken Grad another hour or two without you. Name's Shaona, glad to meet ya. People upstairs already asked for you, guess you made a lasting impression." A short pause follows, a moment of thought. The belated hint of a curtsy follows, but not more than that; she rarely shows too much respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back