What's new

Rifts - Atlantis Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra murmurs quietly into the radio, "My Automations do not have loud engines to give away their approach; so long as I am slow about it, I should be able to advance close enough under the cover of the trees to be in a good position to capitalize on a surprise attack. I suggest that Shaona stays in her position, while Gradicus and I move closer. Trent, I suggest you keep the Betty back where she can't be damaged, along with Blake's truck. Blake, once the fight starts, all efforts at stealth will go out the window, so if you want to bring your small helicopters into the fight at that point, you can. How does that sound to everyone?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Eric replies on the radio, "If you want, I can help with the fight, too. I can sneak pretty well from my days as a foot soldier, so I should get close enough to the scrap without being heard to be a good asset."
 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, Cyborg

"ok that sounds good to me, i'll get ready to launch so that i can be on scene as fast as possible" i say and then get out of the cab of my road hammer and go into my trailer quietly opening the side door of my trailer and powering on my helicopter drones preparing them for take off if they ended up being needed.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus +4 S.D.C.

This is the song that popped in my head as I was writing this. I think it's fitting. =)
"The Normandy" by Jack Wall for the Mass Effect Original Soundtrack

"A fine plan, Terra! May it lead us to justice and victory!"

Gradicus activated his new magical talisman and touched his Blazing Comet tattoo.

That done, he followed Terra's lead.



Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Against the Kittani
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (175/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (100/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Before moving out, Terra calls out to Eric. "Hey, why not hop a ride on Junior over there? You can then jump down and fight or stay on its back and attack from there. Unless you can run a lot faster than a normal person, this will get you there much faster."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Eric nods. "I have a rocket launcher with a few good rounds in it, and if that doesn't work, I'll just punch the hell out of 'em. Lets go." He quickly scrambles up into the saddle between the shoulder blades of the Automation with the aforementioned rocket launcher in hand.

When Terra sets out, how fast do you approach the group in the powered armor? Fast or slow?
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus be usin' his peepers! Er, I mean, Perception roll for Gradicus. Yeah, yeah. =)

EDIT: Look! There's dirt on the ground and leaves on the trees! Big discovery!! Next thing we'll find are clouds in the sky! 8D
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
While watching the scene in front of you, Shaona is able to spot two things that leap out to her. First, the woman under the swords of the figures in powered armor takes a moment to fire off a glance right at you. That, along with a wink that is almost too quick to be seen tells you that she knows you are here, and perhaps has known for some time. She then directs a quick glance at another part of the clearing, drawing your eyes to that spot where you see a very slight flicker of movement of something small and well hidden. Possibly humanoid, but smaller than a human.

Blake would normally not be able to spot anything from his position in the rear of his vehicle, but he has the extra eyes of the drones helping him out. Keeping the small helicopters up high to avoid being spotted, you have a good overview of the area. With that view, you spot two things of your own. First, there is a trio of targets around the clearing that has the powered suits in it. They would normally be invisible, except that on the thermal view they do tend to stand out. They range in size from a short blob to a larger humanoid figure roughly human sized to a large figure, about twelve feet tall, crouching down behind a felled tree. The strange thing is that in your normal vision, that large humanoid is not visible except for a very slight shimmer; possibly a Camouflage spell.

The second thing of note to Blake's eyes is a armored airship a few miles off, slowly circling around in a classic grid-pattern search of the forest below. To your mechanic's eye, it is probably the transport that dropped off the powered suits in the clearing below.

Terra and Gradicus are both blissfully unaware of the hidden surprises in the trees. Probably too far back to be able to spot anything, but you are getting closer to the clearing.
 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, Cyborg

"hey guys, i got three other life forms at the edge of the clearing. i have a short blob, a roughly larger huminoid figure and on that is really big at what looks to be about twelve feet tall, but in the last ones place is a shimmer in the air instead of a body i think it may be useing some form of magic to hide itself, i dont know if these are friend or foe so be careful. and there is also a ship a few miles off it appears to be combing through the area in a search pattern, i think it might have been the one to drop off the power armor. stay on your toes im going to deploy one of my floater camreas to keep an eye on the ship, it should be small enough to go unnoticed for the most part be the ships sensors." i walk over to one of my floater cameras and power it on deploying it and locking it onto the ship setting it to follow the ship and constantly relay the ships distance from my position
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, tw

The glance, the wink - reflexively, Shaona leans sideways to hide herself better in her cover. If the woman - perhaps with the help of magic, or just due to impressive eyesight - managed to spot her, those gathered around her might be able to do the same. Before she can share what she just saw, the cyborg's voice already breaks the silence, once more proving that a bit of technology can make a huge difference if used properly.

"Good scouting - just saw a movement in the bush as well, there's definitely something there. Also think the lady saw me, looked right at me even though I stood still. Doubt the captors noticed anything, but I'd prefer to strike while that's still the case. Especially since that bloody flier won't just sit there when we attack - might even have more reinforcements in there."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
As Shaona watches and listens, the woman lets out a cry of pain as one of the armored figures grabs her hand and twists her arm around in a nasty joint lock. She says in Elven, "Ok! I'll tell you what you want to know! Just keep in mind the old saying:" At this point, she shifts languages to English, "On the count of three, strike."

The Kittani warrior holding her seems to be satisfied with the results, and roughly pushes her down to the ground. "I don't know that saying, or that language. What did you say?"

Through her tears, she says, "Its a ancient tongue, but I can teach it to you. It is as simple as one, two, three."

When the word 'three' clears her mouth, the ground directly under the woman seems to explode, causing a cascade of earth and rocks to go flying through the air. More importantly, the woman is dropped safely down into the crater and out of the line of fire. At the same time, the largeish figure that Blake was able to spot raises up a weapon and fires a burst from some kind of energy weapon at one of the Kittani in the lighter powered armor, and from the other side of the clearing a scruffy looking Dwarf wielding a massive hammer leaps from the treeline with a loud roar, and with a nasty swing, he rings the bell of one of the other powered suits, leaving a sizable dent in the armor. Obviously it is some kind of MDC weapon, perhaps a rune weapon.

If you wish, you can now perform a surprise attack on one of the Kittani before we move into the normal melee round.
 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, cyborg

as the large figure and the dwarf attack i take it upon myself to do the same releaseing a volley from both of my drones at one of the larger power armors engaging in the fight hoping that these four are the ones that we are looking for.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With the chattering roar of the railguns from the drones, Terra has her two Automations charge into the fight. From her position on the back of Baby's shoulders, the Atlantian directs the first of her mecha to fire its Starfire Pulse Cannon at the same Serpent Armor that Blake's drone hit, hoping to do some serious damage. At the same time, she has Junior fire off one of its spells: Power Bolt. This is also targeted at the Serpent Armor.

Finally, for her own protection, she reaches over and activates her Tattoo of Invulnerability. A girl can't be too careful out here, can she?

She calls out on the radio, "Everyone! Focus your fire on one at a time and take them down hard! Get 'em!"

Power Bolt never misses; damage is 5d6+6 at my current level. Total of 90 MDC done to the Serpent Armor if the Pulse Cannon hits

Baby
Number of Attacks: 6
MDC: 500 /
PPE: 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 7 - 2d6x10 MD

Junior
Number of Attacks: 6
MDC: 500 /
PPE: 100

Personal PPE: 56
MDC: 260
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10. Range: 2,000 feet.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

This is the song that popped in my head as I was writing this. I think it's fitting. =)
"The Normandy" by Jack Wall for the Mass Effect Original Soundtrack

"Such tactics ring familiar to my ears!" Gradicus grinned at Terra, speaking in English. He greeted the new party with a flashing smile. "Hail, cauliflowers and enemy of our enemies! Let us see how these cowardly Kittani fight when numbers are closer to equal!"

With surprise on their side, Gradicus flew in and delivered a paired sword slash on the most damaged opponent with Summertime and Wintertime.

"Hala!" he roared.



Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Against the Kittani
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (175/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (100/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining).

 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
From his seat on the back of the second Earth Thunderer, Eric stands up enough to get a shot off with his rocket launcher at the now damaged Serpent Armor. His rocket hits and does decent damage, but the armor is holding.

With the element of surprise, the Serpent Armor is caught totally off guard. It is lucky for Gradicus that the armor is large enough to take a missile hit without having the Undead Slayer in the blast radius; hopefully Eric took that into consideration and didn't just fire wildly into the middle of the melee between the two. With the volume of fire being directed upon the Serpent Armor, it is looking pretty ragged and it hasn't even had a chance to strike back!

Everyone, please roll Initiative and we'll get the first full melee round started.
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, tw

The calm before the storm - the wizard's hand grabs the protective amulet around her neck as she watches how things unfold. The automatons, the slayer, the drones; their advance goes unnoticed, until at once, the tides turn around the demons' servants. Magic, explosions, an Atlantean's roar - the battle unfolds within the blink of an eye. Too quickly for them to react in time - too quickly for her to jump in as well. Sharp words begin to awake the armor around her to life, and call for the talisman's protection.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top