What's new

Rifts - Atlantis Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, Cyborg

i stay quiet as i pull my road hammer to a stop and listen to the exchange of conversation between the different members of the group. I perk up when I hear my name mentioned of the intercoms. I respond quickly with a simple "on it" before i turn off my engine and exit the pilot compartment and hop into my trailer opening the side up so that my drones will be able to take off without to many obstacles in there way and hindering their capabilities. I power them on and take my place in my favorite seat ready to have them take off in a moments notice if necessary. when im done and prepped i signal over the coms "ready if you need me"
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, technowizard

"Got you - keep the badger ready, just in case. We'll be on foot, thanks for the advice, slayer. You never know what's out there, at least not yet. And thanks, Blake - might need quick help if things go poorly. Will be careful, though, no worries. On the way in a sec." With that, she jumps off her cycle, not without warning Kimberly beforehand; if the blind warrior decides to follow, she'll lean her bike against one of the trees, otherwise she'll leave it in the woman's care; few safer places on the world, now that she thinks about it. Either way, her hand will reach out for the talisman around her neck, making sure that it is accessible in case it's needed - before allowing her fingers to wander further downwards, running circles over the enchanted material as she mumbles words. With every syllable, her countours seem to fade away more as shadows gather around her - not that anyone would notice. If Kimberly wishes to scout alongside her, she'll ask her to stay close; either way, she'll soon enough vanish in direction of the voices, sticking to the trees' shadows as well as she can. Following Gradicus' advice, she'll make sure to make as little noise as possible as she tries to get a look at whomever might be out there.

Casting Cloak of Darkness on me - 5 ft radius should be enough to cloak Kimberly as well.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
At this point, we will assume that Shaona is proceeding by herself unless we hear from @Epiphany directly.
With her spell cast, the Techno Wizard moves out as silently as possible. As you move, the quiet murmuring of the voices fades in and out, but generally grow louder and more distinct to you, along with the slight smell of the wood smoke. From up ahead, through the trees, you can see the flickering light of what looks to be three campfires burning with several people moving around the flames.

Creeping up to the edge of one tree, you finally get a good look at the source of the voices. There is a group of about ten or so people, some human, some humanoid, gathered around three small campfires. Behind them are two makeshift tents - more like lean-to's - with dark figures lying under the slight shelter of the tarp. In the light of the fire, you can see that there is a person sitting at the side of one of the tents, apparently tending to the figure lying down. As you watch, an angry argument can be heard.

A woman says in Elven, "We have to go back! Renault is dying! If we beg for forgiveness, perhaps the Masters will heal him."

She is answered with an angry laugh from one of the men. "If we do, we are all going to die as punishment for escaping. Better him than all of us. Make him comfortable in his last hours and let him die as a free man."

The woman doesn't seem willing to let the issue drop. She looks about the others, trying to find an ally. "But if it were not for him, none of us would be here!"

A third voice, this one very deep and gravelly, speaks. "You are all fooling yourselves. They let us go. That is the only explanation of the ease of our escape. Now that we're out, the Hunters will come for us and use us for sport, killing us one by one until we are all dead. The best we can hope for is to die with honor, and make them pay for every drop of blood they draw from us with one of their own." The owner of that voice stands up from the fire, and you can see that it is a ogre with gleaming metal parts on his body, marking him as some kind of Borg. He then walks off into the darkness.

This causes the others to react with shouts, demanding that Kael (apparently the ogre Borg) to take back what he said and to return to the fire. He does not, and just stomps off into the pre-dawn night.

Now, you can hear the sounds of several people crying around the fire, and some of the others are trying to comfort the ones that are upset.


How much longer do you sit where you are and listen to this? @Silanon
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, technowizard

Not for much longer - in fact, her shadowy figure begins to move backwards as soon as the borg stomps off, hopefully unnoticed. She does not intend to go all the way back; just enough to be relatively safe to contact her fellow companions. You all her the click as her mic activates, quickly followed by her whispering voice; you can never be too careful. "Blake - I need your drones. There's a refugee camp up ahead, maybe a dozen people - don't get anywhere close to them, just make sure that the area is safe. Might be hunters out there, don't want them or us to get surprised. Watch out, there's an ogre out there on his own - don't let him shoot your beauties." A short pause as she looks back towards the camp, trying to see if someone noticed anything. "So, refugees. Not the ones we're looking for, most likely. Sounded like they just escaped, and already lost faith; one's dying. No knights around to help them out if we don't." Another look around, thus another pause. "Thoughts? Make up your mind, I'll listen. Spoke Elven, communication is not an issue. Shaona out." With that, she'll turn around to once more close in on the campfires - given the previous encounter, this'll be a longer discussion; might as well keep an eye on the refugees in the meantime.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus +4 S.D.C.

"Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple (first song that came to mind when I thought of smoke). =)

"Ugh!" The young Atlantean let out a distressed sigh and look to the skies. Elvish-speaking refugees on Atlantis, one of whom was close to death! He felt blessed and cursed at the same time - blessed that there was still the opportunity to save the dying refugee, and cursed because one wrong move would blow their cover and possibly their entire mission. The presence of the drones alone could start the avalanche of events.

Once again, his will as an Atlantean was being put to the test, and not an easy one.

As ever, he spoke his mind. The stress and unhappiness in his voice over the radio were obvious. "Blake, if you wish to keep your loud, armed drones, do not send them. The Splugorth use Blind Warrior Women and the refugees appear to have elves among their number. Either will hear your drones and react accordingly."

Gradicus sighed again and wondered how his next statement would go over with the group. "I recommend I go in alone to heal the dying one; the less they know about us the better. I will not even give them my name." He cracked his knuckles.

"We might help them leave Atlantis on our way back, assuming we return this way, or we could send them to the River Walker. The former choice, I believe, is the safer.

"Unless someone else has a sound plan?"


Atlantean by Chuck Walton.jpg
Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: Outside the Refugee Camp
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (220/220). Power Matrix (20/20 P.P.E. remaining). Talisman (---/100 M.D. 3/3 daily uses remaining).

 
Last edited:

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, Cyborg

as i am about to launch my drones i stop when i hear gradicus's warning. i then take the time to listen to his plan, when he asks if anyone has a better one i speak up. "what if we take them with us, if they really do have an injured member of their group then they wont be able to travel very well so as it sits we are they're best chance at survival, plus if we ever need to fight im sure that the extra personal would not be unwelcome" i then stop and think about my drones and their noise, while they arent actually that loud i do agree that the blind warrior women and the elf would still be able to hear them, then an idea pops into my head and i talk over the inter com "Gradicus you go in alone and check to see what the current condition of their group is once you've gotten a good look at them carefully ask them to come aboard i can then search them for tracking devices and promptly remove them for safety sake, , ill keep a perimeter of about one hundred yards around us and the group with my floating cameras they should be quiet enough to go unnoticed by those that are keen of hearing. plus that type of equipment is not used on this island so if the ogre does see them he shouldn't be to hasty to attack them and i will be able to approach him with them and tell him what is going on" i stop and hold onto the ring thats on the chain around my neck "i do not wish to see anyone die that includes both my own party and those who need help"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra says, "If we are faced with a group of escaped slaves, they will be paranoid to the extreme. Use the utmost caution when approaching them. One option we have is to load them into the Badger and take them with us. It has the room, even with all the cargo it is loaded with. The second option is to have them wait for us to come back along this way, then we can pick them up on our way back to the ship. The downside to that is we may be in a bit of a hurry, with a load of hostiles chasing us."

She wraps up her comments with the simple thought: "Just be careful out there, ok?"
 

1544577398523.png

Trent Lockhart
Smuggler

Inside the badger, Trent listens in on the communication from the group as they discover smoke and then voices. When Shaona goes to check it out and finds more slaves, it makes his eyes roll. Great... more people in 'need' that the goody-two-shoes in the group have to help. He hears suggestions being thrown out left and right, but it was the mention of loading them into the badger on their way to completing their own mission it was too much, "... Woah, woah woah.... I'm not loading any dirty, smelly, refugees into my baby... we have a job to do, let's not compromise millions of credits each over people we don't know." Pausing for a minute he knows that the only way the group will even consider listening to him is if he shows some kind of compassion. Trent needed the group to stay focused and not get bogged down with all of these 'side issues'. "We need to secure the escaped slaves that Lord Brazamal contracted us to rescue FIRST. Once we have them, we can pick up these folks on the way back if they are still here and need help..." his voice dropped off at the end, knowing that it would probably be a miracle to find these people in the same spot and alive when they came back through. An idea popped into his head, "... If you want to help these people, then killing any hunters we come across is their best chance of survival...."

 

DraconianWarrior

Dragon Brother [scatterbrain]
Blake, Cyborg

I listen to Terra and then Trent as he states his opinion on the matter, and he had a point they did have a mission to do, but what irritated me the most was how he described the people who needed help. I speak up again "Dirty, smelly refugees hu? If you would prefer we could keep them in the bunk room of my road hammer. then there wouldn't be any worry of these Dirty Refugees tracking mud into your badger" 'i still can't believe he holds money over the importance of people lives' i think to myself, I then direct my speech to Gradicus "if you decide to approach this group and you determine that they are truely what they seem to be and not a trap, then I propose that you bring them back to us, I can check them and remove any sort of tracking device that they may have and then they can stay with me in the bunk room were they can get rest. I see no iminent way that they could slow us down at the moment, but then any of you see a way that they may do so then please feel free to inform me." I pause and then add "besides they may have information, and they could help us if we get into a fight. better to have more help then to have not enough"
 
Last edited:

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, tw

Once more, her mic jumps to life. "Agreed - if they stink, then only because noone helped them yet. Don't care about the money - people pay me to do the right thing, or they're paying the wrong person. You tell me that it's right to leave them behind? What if a group sneaks by and gets 'em? Their blood on your hands, Lockhart, and on all of ours. Healing one man won't do the trick, slayer, you know that. They need protection. Bloody hell, if they had other names we'd be here to rescue them, y'know?" You can hear her deep breathing as she tries to calm herself down, no need to be heard by the refugees just yet. "You know, we're free, they're not. Even now, we're the ones deciding what happens to them. That's wrong as fuck. Give 'em a real chance, or they'll run back to the Splurgoth and become what y'all fear the most. Or die, without being anything ever. Won't let that happen."

A small pause, accompanied by a nasty sound as she adjusts her mic's position slightly. "Be careful, Gradicus, I've got your back if something goes wrong. If you even want to risk your life, that is - might as well pass by if we want to leave them to die. Shaona out."
 
Last edited:

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra shakes her head, a motion lost to the others on the radio. "No, we can't leave these people without at least trying to learn more about them. I'm going to move forward with my Automations then dismount a distance away from the people in the woods and walk up to them. If I have any trouble, I'll bolt out of there and get back to Baby and Junior in a flash. I'll leave the radio signal open so everyone can listen in."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I'll stop Baby and Junior about five hundred feet out and advance in on foot. I'll activate my Mystic Tattoo of Invulnerability, and I'll leave my Nova Rifle back at Baby and only have my pistol on me.
MDC: 180
PPE: 91 / 51
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With Terra approaching the camp on foot, you can see the small campfires and the makeshift tents and several people gathered about the fires trying to stay warm. Do you make any attempt at stealth? Or do just walk up?
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra leaves her two magic mecha behind, and from that point, she just calmly walks through the trees and scrub brush, making no attempts to be overly loud, but not sneaking along, either. Assuming that there is no hostile acts aimed at her, she waves and will call out in Elven, "Hello! I am a friend. Do you mind if I approach? I mean you no harm."
MDC: 180
PPE: 91 / 51
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The refugees in the camp give a start when Terra calls out, with some jumping to their feet and getting into a martial stance. They are obviously rather jumpy, but given their plight, it is no real surprise. Now that you are closer, you can see that there is a mix of human and elves, and as you listen, there is the sound of the ogre Borg that is thundering back through the underbrush to help protect the rest.

Several pairs of suspicious eyes glare at you, wondering what is going on and what you are planning on doing.

The large Ogre Borg moves to put himself between you and the others, and says in elven, "Who are you?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra stops, making sure that it is obvious that she is not carrying a weapon in expectation of a fight. With a slight bow, she says, "I am Terra Alvana, of Draco Amicus clan of the True Atlantians. My friends and I are passing through the area, and we found your camp here. I can't guarantee anything, but it might be possible for us to help you get away from here and find a new life off of the Isle."
MDC: 185
PPE: 91 / 51
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The Ogre Borg's face is unreadable, but the revelation that you are an Atlantian does have an effect on some of the others. A few look scared, but others seem to be energized by the news. Nothing is said for a moment, then finally, the Ogre rumbles out, "I am Kael. These are my companions, and if what you say is true, you might just be a gift from the Gods. We have recently fled the Dragon City of Dragcona, and are now looking for some means of escape. If you are 'just passing through', perhaps we can negotiate some fair trade for passage off of this Isle. What say you? Is this possible, or are we trying to snatch hope from where there is none?"
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
A quick note to the others: Since Terra is keeping her radio band open, you are all able to hear what is being said by both sides, and you can respond to Terra covertly through that connection if there is some important message or question that you wish her to address.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra looks at the Borg with a nod of her head. "Well met, Kael. As I said, my companions and I are passing through, but it may be possible for you to leave the Isle. Before we go into details on that, what can you tell me of you and your bunch here? How many do you have here, and in what condition are your people? How did you escape?"
MDC: 185
PPE: 91 / 51
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Kael eyes Terra for a moment, then says, "We number twelve that has survived to this point. The others that were with us at the beginning were either recaptured or killed on our run out here." He glances over his shoulder at the one of the tents. "And that number is soon to drop to eleven if we cannot find some means of healing our wounded."

The Ogre motions for you to approach the makeshift camp, and he goes to sit on a tree stump until you are closer. Once you have come into the light, he looks to you. "Our efforts to escape has been going on for years, looking for any signs of a weakness in our captors' grip. I finally saw what I was hoping for a month ago as I was being brought up to the medical center for additional implants. I was a part of a group of other prisoners that were also going under the knife." He indicates the bunch that is now huddled around the fire, trying to stay warm as they listen to the tale. "Most of these people are unmodified humans and elves, captured to be used as gladiators for the 'entertainment' of the dragons, but one is a mage that was going to be punished by having his hands replaced by cyber parts, rending him unable to work any magic at all."

"At this point, I was a trusted slave, having done nothing to incur the wrath of my jailors, so there were few guards watching over us. I saw the opportunity, and I took it, killing our escorts and freeing the prisoners, and with the help of the spell caster - a man named Renault - we were able to get out of the city. A third of the prisoners fleeing are now lost to us, and Renault is hurt and I don't expect him to last much longer barring some healing intervention. If we cannot get away, the very best we can hope for is punishment for most if not immediate slaughter for daring to run. I have a much more unpleasant fate awaiting me. Nothing less than death in the area if I can be taken alive at all, and I guarantee I will not go down without a fight."

"But right now, we are running out of the provisions we brought with us, and will have to turn to hunting for fresh meat ourselves in order to keep up our strength. If there is any way for us to escape the Isle, all of us would be willing to try. Better to die on our feet as free people than die on our knees."

Kael falls silent, and for a moment all you can hear is the sounds of the crackling firewood as the flames dance over the branches. "You have some power to you; I can see it in your aura. Can you help us? If so, at what cost will this aid come?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
"Before I make any promises, let me at least look at your wounded companion. I have some small healing ability that might just help, as long as it's ok with you for me to try?" If Kael allows it, she would then go to the lean-to that the mage is currently lying in. "I am by no means an expert healer, but lets take a look." She will then examine the injuries of the guy.
Depending on how serious it is, I will then do a spell of Heal Wounds. It restores 3d6 SDC and 1d6 Hit Points instantly for a cost of 10 PPE.

MDC: 185
PPE: 91 / 51
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
No one stops you from approaching the tent, and when you get there, you can see a middle-aged man lying on his back, with a large bandage strapped to his chest. Blood can be seen seeping through the wrap, and the man is pale and sweaty, probably on the edge of going into shock. An Elven woman is kneeling next to his shoulder, and she reaches out to carefully undo the bandage to show you the injury. It looks like a very nasty slash, cutting into his chest. You are not sure what caused the wound, but it was nasty.

Terra is not very familiar with the Heal Wounds spell to know if it will be enough to cure his cut, but it might be enough to stabilize him and let him be able to heal the rest of the wound.

Do you wish to try the spell?
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Settling down next to the injured man, Terra will place her hands on his chest and cast the spell, and let the healing energies flow from her into him.
Not much is restored, but it is a little bit. At least the bleeding should be reduced with the restoration of a hit point.

MDC: 185
PPE: 91 / 41
Bonus Points: 6

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +8
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +9
Initiative: +3
Perception: +4, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The man that you cast the spell on lets out a little gasp of breath, and his chest wound fades slightly, but it is still seeping blood. It will take at least one more hit of the spell to really do any good.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top