• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alrighty, I'm back home - too tired to catch up on things right now, but I'll hopefully be back on a decent schedule soonish.

Once you have met up with these others, Daisy and Zephiron get their first look at the team that has discovered this Swarm to bring all of you out to do battle together. There is another Battle Controller Mage that just happens to be a True Atlantean with a pair of Earth Thunderer Automations, a Minotaur Cyber Knight, a human Techno Wizard, and another True Atlantean, but this one is an Undead Slayer!

While this is cool and all, I gather both D. Rex and Rykon are new to Rifts, yes? If so, much of these O.O.C.-based descriptions may be lost on them. "Techno Wizard?" "Cyber Knight?" Would it be feasible to add some descriptions for the benefit of our new players?

Speaking for myself, I've played the first Savage Worlds edition of Rifts before. I'm not familiar with Atlantean O.C.C.s but the vanilla North American ones I am.

In that game I play a Cyber-Knight, party members are a Flame Wind Hatchling, Rogue Scholar w/ Psi, a Mind Melter, a Ley Line Walker, and a former Coalition Combat Cyborg.

Given that the system just got an update, along with updated Rifts material for said edition, that game is retiring in our next session in favor of a new party in the new edition. Turns out SW Cyber-Knights were ridiculously broken.

Good point. Lets see if we can't get a better description put together, shall we?

A Techno Wizard is a specialized mage that incorporates technology and magic together, channeling the magic through a focus. It is possible for a TW mage to cast a spell without a focus, but it is much harder for them to do so.

Cyber Knights are kind of like paladins, but they use special cyber kinesis powers to blind technology to their presence to make it much harder for anyone in mecha, power armor, using cyberware or even a modern rifle of any kind to be able to successfully target them. The signature weapon of the Cyber Knight is the Psy Blade, a psionic blade somewhat like a light saber that the Knight can generate out of thin air.

Ah! Rykon, now that you mention it, I recall you saying that. Whoops! Well, at least information like this will help out D. Rex? =) Does his character know about Atlanteans, Battle Controllers, and Tattooed Undead Slayers?

Thanks for the descriptions, Sherwood!

Just in case he does not, a Battle Controller Mage is a specialized magic user that is mystically linked to one or more Automations; magic constructs that the Controller is able to operate with their minds. Like magic mecha, these Automations range in size and power from the smallest battlefield model of the Earth Thunderer which is roughly 12 feet tall, to the largest and most powerful Automation which is the Colossus which is 60+ feet tall and is able to smash other mecha under foot. The true power of the Controller is that they can operate more than one Automation at once, operating them at a distance of several hundred feet from the mage him/herself. Terra, the one Battle Controller mage in the party, now has three different Automations; two Earth Thunderers and one Battlelord.

The Undead Slayer is a member of the former inhabitants of the continent of Atlantis, a land that was lost to a massive Rift and has now returned to Earth in this time of great magic. The True Atlantean Undead Slayer is an MDC being, infused with magic thanks to dozens of mystic tattoos that are filled with magic power. With just a thought, each tattoo grants a different power or ability, be it flight, shooting fire from the eyes, or being able to summon a magic monster that lasts up to an hour per level of the character. They are very powerful forces for good in the world, and just seeing one in the area will inspire hope in the good and fear in those that are evil.

Rykon Rykon
Were it not for the runic halberd on his back, one might think him the son of some wealthy family.

Ha ha! I can't help but toss a joke in here! "...one might think him the son of some fabulously and outrageously wealthy family!" (Rune Weapons like Daisy's Dragon Thunderer and perhaps Zeph's halberd typically cost somewhere between 20-80 million credits!) I can just see some guy looking at Zeph the Kiddo and thinking, "Yo family is far from broke, son!" 8D

Which reminds me... does Zeph know who his parents are? He's been trained by Brazamal and if any dragon would know...

I'm gonna go with no, from the fact that he's still alive.

Dragon families don't tend to get along at all from what I read with the exception of the two mates.

No, you have not been told anything about where your egg was found before you hatched.

I don't suspect that fact bothers him at all. As I said, everything in all the materials I've seen for Rifts says Dragons don't tend to like each other much. Father and son meetings are apparently infamous for being aggressive or outright violent.

Yeah. Eric is secretly possessed by Ragnar (a hearty and brave Dwarven warrior NPC). He's super-tough and strong like a dwarf, but what he's not telling anyone is that he has to shave his beard off constantly or someone might figure out his secret power. =)

Concerning dragons, I was referring to the identity of the parents as opposed to whether or not they get along. It might be useful down the road to come across another dragon only to find out, "Oh boy! That's Zeph's poppa they're talking about!"

Our party has been befriended by one dragon they've done great business deals with (Brazzy), and Gradicus literally has some of the pieces of the other dragon they met waiting to be turned into boots and daggers for him. Just sayin'! =)

Honestly just stopping bye and saying hi glad to see this is still going. Sorry for not staying on and continuing. I wish luck to everyone who is still going

Ah! Rykon, now that you mention it, I recall you saying that. Whoops! Well, at least information like this will help out D. Rex? =) Does his character know about Atlanteans, Battle Controllers, and Tattooed Undead Slayers?

Thanks for the descriptions, Sherwood!

The descriptions would be most helpful if I didnt miss the notifs!

And yeah. Lot of this stuff I dont know about. But can piece some of it together. Techno Wizards are a blend of tech and magic. Or really good hackers. But dont know if it's like technomancy or using both together. I know cyber knights a bit because I was reading and they were right before the dog boys or glitter boy. Juicers are basically Bane but with meth and crack. Crazies are crazy, of course, but like had their heads drilled into for good stuff. Very silly too.

But the non self explanatory stuff is the stuff I'm less familiar with. But I can get a lot from context cues and stuff.

Still! What I know least, is what my character SHOULD know. Like if she would know what an undead slayer is, it what she would know about Atlanteans. That kind of thing.

Also, clearly the conclusion that Zeph comes to us that Daisy is a new breed of animal. Something called a dortle.

I hope to post as Gradicus sometime later tonight. Have fun, friends!

Y'all have me curious if I've missed something after thinking about it.

Do both the flat +X and +XD6 bonuses from PS and supernatural PS stack or are they mutually exclusive?
This is the difference between Zephiron's melee attack amounting to (1d4+1d6) x 10 + 41 (51 with Strength of Mind active) or (1d4+1d6) x 10 + 2

As for tankyness... with a spell like invulnerability, does energy attacks include laser weapons in scope?
Does impervious mean nullifying all applicable damage or only reducing it somewhat?
Are laser/tech weapons included in the scope of the Resist Damage power?
They seemed to at a glance when I was building the character, and in the light of facing technological opponents it seems prudent to close any gaps in my own understanding.

If I did understand all of this correctly, I'm thinking Zephiron's confidence is well deserved. I was rather proud of how monstrous his capabilities appear to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back