• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It's in the skill PDF that Sherwood linked in the characters forum. They also updated it for Rifts in the Rifts Japan world book, although it is the same as the skill packet other than flavor text. I don't think Ninjas and Superspies has been updated or revised since the 90's.

Although they have officially deprecated the old "maintain balance" skill, they never did list what they replaced it with, other than dubious references in Acrobatics and Gymnastics. Sheesh.

Oh, right! I had completely forgotten there were several different versions of Zanji in Palladium (I never did use the Rifts Japan or "Ryo" version as opposed to "Ryu" from Ninjas & Superspies).

And in reference to Maintain Balance, you're right about that. But if I get started on the rules that "official" Palladium wants, I'm going to go into a rant. There is so much they have decided to mention years down the road (like Boxing's good ol' extra attack per melee? Everyone knows that one, right? Well, for all of us Palladium gamers who have been playing for years and years, did you know that attack counts only if you're in melee? You get to subtract it if you are fighting with anything ranged, including power armor and mecha! Who knew?). Wait. There I go starting off on a rant again... =)

It is like the line in the book saying that Armor Piercing Missiles do x3 damage on a Critical Strike, instead of just x2. I have been playing Robotech and Rifts for years and never saw that little blurb in the books until one day I stumbled across it by accident. As much as I like the system, I have a few issues with the Palladium system.

Right! They never mentioned that in the early books and then later on, they squeezed it in as if it had always been there. I just wish they would have had an addendum or something to call out their rules changes in the open.

Since we've gotten this far, here's what really lit me up a short while back concerning Palladium's rules. If you have some time, do check out Palladium's official word on their Combat Rules. I read them all (there are 151 questions and answers), but by #30, I was really shaking my head... I've been playing the game "wrong" for all these years? *sigh* Oh, and fair warning - this link provides answers in no particular order.

It's a fun ruleset though. It's just definitely a "rules as intended/house ruled" over "rules as written and permissive."

The Savage Worlds version, while still fun, just doesn't have the same flair to it.

Short note: Been damn busy the last few days, thus no response yet. I'll see if I can catch up today, but no promises.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sil. Hope Real Life breaks you some slack soon.

Windows 10 1903 update mega crashed my computer. Working to get it back online so I can do a quality post instead of a "I attack bad guy 4" iPhone post. :-P Should be shortly.

Welcome back, Vaneheart! If you don't mind my asking, are you having these issues with Windows 10 regularly? =)

Not just Windows 10, but my main computer in general. I moved offices recently, and relocated my main office to my home instead of out in town, which took a long time to set up, and the computer got damaged in the transport. I also evicted a roommate, which didn't go so great, but it is finally done.

I am setting up my custom netbook as a backup though, and putting Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on it so I have something more stable just in case. I also put a sticky note on my monitor now that says "Do not update Windows 10 builds for any reason! -Sincerely, Past You."

Knock on digital, but my posts should be much more stable from here on out.

I lost about a week's worth of work, since I was slacking and only doing weekly backups, and I had to reload apps from scratch, since my images from 1809 weren't compatible with the new 1903 image format. Supposedly Microsoft is changing the way they do updates now, and are now doing longer update periods and testing. I will believe it when I see it. At the moment, I am not really gaining anything from Windows 10 that I didn't already have in Windows 7, other than perhaps security updates and continued support.

Lulz. I just now got sirlabe sirlabe "right to have bear arms" pun.

Anyhow, I have a post ready. Computer took forever to get rolling again. When should I post it?
Go ahead and post anytime. The fight is getting close to being over, but you can still get a few hits in.

Dannigan, I rolled a natural 20, and damn near max damage for your strike. Adding to the crit damage you normally do on that maneuver, it went up to triple damage. Talk about ouch!

Just to let everyone know, I'm leaving on Tuesday for Indianapolis for GenCon, and won't be back home until the following Tuesday. I am bringing my laptop with me, but I will not have the same free time to be able to post once the convention starts up on Thursday.

My lady friend just said it would be a more impressive business card if you added CPA and Fiduciary.

Regardless, that's awesome!

I'm actually in a PbP Pathfinder game here that is experimenting with the 2e rules. It is a little bit different, but I haven't had enough time to get my fingers into it to have a good read on the rewrite.

Hey! Maybe RP Nation added that option with today's update! Wooo!

Nearly done with my trip to Indianapolis for GenCon, and will be flying home late Tuesday night. Looking forward to getting back into the groove of posting again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back