• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Good question - we shall resume our discussion to find an answer. Perhaps, it'd be beneficial to simply start with sending out Blake's floating camera to get a first impression, then go from there?

You will see our devilish plan unfold - soon-ish. We just gotta agree on that first step before I'm comfortable posting in the IC, since those aren't my drones and cams.

Draco, I don't think we should blow up your cams - when the chaos begins, any bit of intel will be invaluable for those who are out there on their own, and we only have two. I'd rather trust someone to plant the explosives (Eric, my friend, you're basically unkillable anyway, and you said you'd be able to sneak as well...).

Given that Terra can make herself invisible, that'd be a decent choice for someone to sneak in alongside Shaona - camouflage might work to get someone into the base, given enough time, but it won't do us much good when we need to get out of there in a hurry. Blowing up stuff won't help us if we get stuck in the base afterwards. Plus, Terra is in the unique position to be able to protect the Badger while being elsewhere.

Silanon said it best. I find his thoughts are clearer than mine on the subject. =)

Plus, Terra is in the unique position to be able to protect the Badger while being elsewhere.
Don't forget that Terra only has a 200 foot range of control on her Automations. So its not like I can be infiltrating the base and still be able to control Junior and Baby. On that note, oh high and mighty Sherwood? Is there any way we might be able to increase the range of my remote control of the twins? Exchange skills for added distance perhaps, or a magic item? If not, I'll deal with it.

But on the plus side, I can fly at a speed of 70 mph while invisible. Doing that, I can help take a look over the base and see where everything is located that we might want to blow up.

On that note, oh high and mighty Sherwood? Is there any way we might be able to increase the range of my remote control of the twins? Exchange skills for added distance perhaps, or a magic item? If not, I'll deal with it.
I will take your request under consideration. I make no promises, though.

Don't worry! I'll make you a promise, Psychie!

I promise you that I can provide proof that Sherwood enjoys puns! To prove it, I have provided the following evidence. I bet you Sherwood will, at the very least, crack a smile after reading.... these... =)

1. Since World War II, the submarine industry has really taken a dive.

2. Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to check her balance. So I pushed her over.

3. It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs - they always take things literally.

4. The first time I got a remote control, I thought, "This changes everything."

5. I'm close friends with 25 letters in the alphabet. I don't know y.

6. Whiteboards. They're remarkable.

7. Rest in peace, boiled water! You will be mist. =)

And finally, the grand finale...

8. What's the cheapest type of meat?

Deer balls. They're under a buck! 8D

Yes, I did indeed smile at many of these. <tips hat to Dannigan> Well done.

Thanks for sharing those, Dann - as a regular visitor of Sherwood's profile page, I certainly enjoyed 'em.

It's too late for a proper post or rational thoughts over here, so just a few of them anyway:

- The wall is a problem. Makes it hard to sneak in, and makes it even harder to get the Badger through. I had hoped for a more open concept, only focussing on possible sea threats, but I guess we're dealing with intelligent foes who had enough time to prepare. Short question for Sherwood Sherwood : How many gates are there in the wall? If it's one, heavily fortified entry point, we might be better off not trying to get the Badger inside of the base at all.

- The command tower seems like a decent target; plus the explosive stuff close to the harbor to cover our retreat. Don't think we have enough explosives to care about barracks etc.

- The description suggests that we should bet on the smaller, damaged ship. I want the big one, though - any brilliant ideas how to get it, or do we have to settle for the small vessel?

i am sorry to inform everyne that i most likely wont be able to participate for about a week. i will be able to get on and check every now and then but me and my family are going up to the mountains for spring break and while i might be able to make a quick post here in the OOC i doubt i will be able to make a well thought out post IC untill we come back, should be back around next monday, so untill then i am giveing sherwood permission to control blake if he sees it necesarry. i am sorry for this inconvienence but i figured i should warn every one ahead f time so that i dont slow anyone down. :)

Thanks for the heads up, DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior . I promise that I won't kill you off while you are gone. I have a feeling that the discussions on what to do and how will take up a bit of time, so you might only miss out on the OCC back and forth.

Have fun up in the mountains with you and yours, Draco!

Not a problem. The smaller of the two kinds of ship is the Splurgoth Slave Raider. Here are its dimensions:

Statistical Data:
Height: 55 feet (16.8m)
Width: 65 feet (19.8 m)
Length: 200 feet (61.0 m)
Weight: 5,000 tons (4.5 million kg)
Cargo: Can carry up to 800 slaves and 500 tons (450,000 kg) of loot.

1553051796321.png

It is armed with two heavy pulse cannon turrets that have the same punch as a Glitter Boy's Boom Gun, and a pair of Long Range Missile Launchers. It is a hydrofoil/hovercraft capable of reaching top speeds of 400 mph on calm seas.

The Arc is a much larger ship, with a sloping hull that is 80 feet high at the bow and goes up to 200 feet high at the stern. Here is a small picture of what it looks like:

1553052134357.png

The hull itself is 100 feet wide, but with the outriggers, it makes the whole ship 360 feet wide. Length varies from ship to ship, but this one is 1,500 feet long, and has a peacetime crew of 1,000+, can hold up to 8,000 slaves in its hold, and 120,000 tons of cargo. They have both heavy armor and mystical shields, and has a lot of firepower.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have our way in. =)

Heya folks!

Here's what I'm thinking OOC.
1. Have Gradicus separate from the group and fly in from land.
2. Use Gradicus's big mouth and Tattoo Magic to hit the control tower and fuel depot, especially if one of the ships besides the one we want is taking on fuel (or munitions).
3. Hit any weak spots with his TW Force Cannon or flamethrower to raise even more hell, while taunting.
4. Zip back toward land. Leave the base's line of sight for a few miles. Then fly out (low altitude) into the sea. Submerge and use the sea itself as cover and rendezvousing with the ship.

How does that sound?

I just realized - since we're level 4 now, I can choose the Black Sun (Darkness Powers) Tattoo for Gradicus. It has a high P.P.E. cost (45 for 40 minutes) but it provides Nightvision, see in magic darkness, Shadow Meld and Cloak of Darkness as the spells. That would make sneaking into the base for setting up charges a lot easier if you want him to go in?

:darkwizardhat: = Dark Wizard Hat. =)

EDIT: I've leveled Gradicus to level 4 with the exception of having chosen his latest tattoo. =)

Last edited:
Purr Purr Don't really know what your other options are, but I wouldn't necessarily pick something for one occasion only - take whatever feels like it'd work well with the character long-term. The plan in general sounds decent, I'll get a post up in a bit. First a few rolls for the level-up, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back