• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Bud, if you were anyone else, then I'd be worried! Ha ha ha!

Just reading through the last few posts - it has been too quiet in the ooc lately :)

Good to have a few more facts on the pyramid - personally, I was favoring the pyramid as an option to let our tech-oriented characters do some work, so it's good to know that that's not a thing. Still, it'd then give our dragon something to do, so that's something new to look forward to. At the moment, I'd say that the group is in favor of the ship, but that might change once Gradicus speaks his mind. About the NPC's: I somehow expected them to add relevant thoughts on their own in-between, that's why I haven't asked them anything specific yet. Might change soonish, though, now that you pointed out that option!

Just reading through the last few posts - it has been too quiet in the ooc lately :)

I agree! =)

With Garran's help, you are able to navigate your way towards the navy base. It is late when you arrive, about 11pm. How do you approach the base? Does Shaona go in alone to do some scouting?

Silanon Silanon Hey you? What are your thoughts on this?

hey sherwood, did blake find anything or get any information about equipment that might have survived the wreck? whether underwater or saved by the crew?

There wasn't much recoverable from the ship. Just a few personal items, some lightweight armor, and some pistols and rifles that the crew were able to carry out.

@Silanon Hey you? What are your thoughts on this?

Since it's during the night, one of my spells should in theory allow me to sneak in (mostly looking at shadow melt) - and thus allow me to take a look around and perhaps even cause some form of distraction. If you ask me, we'd need something to happen somewhere else in the base. So I think I'd like to give it a try, question is if someone else wants to support me as well - not everyone is in position to do that, but Blake has his drones, and Terra has an invisibility spell as well if I'm not mistaken. Uleanar has the Cloak of Darkness as well, though they might have sensors in place. Would be great to hear your thoughts on that.

Last edited:
my drones are to noisey to be used for stealth, not much he can do to fix the sound of a propellar cutting through the air, although they verywell can be used as a distraction he wouldnt like to loose his new toys so soon, but he would deffinatly use them to aid in their escape if it seems logical that they could help.

You certainly have a point there - perhaps, it'd be possible to get a general overview with your drones before I sneak in? That'd allow us to formulate a general plan and give me an idea where I'd want to go to. Think I'd want the support of one person at most, we gotta make sure that our main push works out - we'll have to get to the ships before the entire base is coming for us. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I'll find a way out of there if needed.

blakes drones would be able to leand you cover fire, and if you carry one with you into the base, he can have the other flying high above as a birds eye view. the reasoning for takeing one with you is so that you can activate it when you are ready to cuase a distraction, then when you need to get away it destracts the base while you slip away to join us, the life of a friend is more important than a drone :)

Gotta say, I like that idea - would also allow me to ask for another opinion if I'm unsure about something, and noone would have to risk his life by coming with me. One problem I have is the weight, though - think it's 450 kg according to your sheet, right? That'd be something I can't just carry around with me, and I don't think I'd necessarily want to bring my cycle with me - reason being that it's easier to avoid patrols, enter certain areas etc on foot.

So far, so good, folks. I definitely like the idea of having one of Blake's drones give us an overview of the naval base.

Sherwood Sherwood I would ask this in character, but I think it would take a lot of time. All of the NPCs available, what are we looking at in the way of explosives? Including grenades, what do we have and how much of it?

I have an idea. =)

First questions from me after getting an overview would have been: Where are the fuel tanks for the ships? And is it possible to spot the ammo dumps? Not quite sure what you're planning to blow up, but I like the general direction already.

Well, in Desert Storm, the first thing the United States did was knock out Saddam Hussein's communications. That act in itself sows chaos. It's a port base so, if I can use an airport as an example, they have to have some kind of control tower. If that gets hit first, it knocks out what might be the brain of their operation.

Fuel and ammo centers make for big booms and that takes attention away from our group's true objective - securing a vessel.

Barracks are also a decent target. The less crew available to hit us, the less pursuers we'll have on the way out.

That's all I got so far. I'm rather distracted in Real Life. =)

Last edited:
A quick check on the status of the amount of explosives on hand will reveal about two dozen grenades of various types, and Eric would be able to provide four large explosive satchel charges that will provide a much larger blast.

Placed at the right spots, that might be enough to cause some havoc. Looking through the character sheets, it seems like one of the npcs should handle the explosives if I'm not mistaken - no demolition experts amongst us. Perhaps we could have Shaona and Blake do the scouting, Eric and someone sneaky place the explosives, and the rest protect the Badger? Or at least something along those lines?

Either way, we should probably begin with a scout drone to see where we are actually headed, and then see from there, I'd say. I'll happily sneak into the base, but I'd prefer to know what I'm actually supposed to look for first.

I have an Invisibility spell that can make me vanish for up to nine minutes at a time, but I lack a Demolitions skill. If it is allowed, we can have someone with the skill set up the bombs, and all we would have to do then is place them in locations designed to make a big splash when they go off.

Hey, Psychie? Is your character able to cast that spell anyone else?

wel can also use blakes floater camreas for even more survalience and recon if its needed, they arent very lous and they can dodge debree, and since i doubt they will stop moveing it will be a -8 to hit them even if they are spoted

No worries, Psychie. Thanks for checking. =)

If I am reading your post correctly, Draco, maybe it's best to send in these other drones you have and not the helicopters?

I do have Camouflage that can be cast on someone else. It doesn't work when the target is moving fast, but so long as you are very slow or stationary, you are almost invisible.

yes, the down side to them is that they dont have weapons, but we could rig them with explosives. just give blake some time to modify them for carrying things, becuase at the moment they have no cargo. any npc's with demolitions skill would also have to help him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back