• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
im currently just waiting to see if anyone else wants to post, i dont want to be that one guy who posts after every single other post. hope everyone is haveing a great year so far :)

Sorry, been damn busy the last few days - haven't found a decent way to answer to both the thoughtful posts and Blake's speech at the same time, but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks, Draco! Year's fine thus far, and it's getting a little better each day at the moment, so that's good. Hope things are looking good on your end as well!

My character has had his say and is awaiting feedback from the others, save for Terra.

Things are pretty busy on my end too. Hope you're all doing well! Hang in there, Silanon! =)

Things are good for me, too. Just waiting for everyone to get their two cents in to see what our next course of action will be.

DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior Sherwood Sherwood

"i look at shoana "before we departed i also read a fare number of books on atlantian tech, if we agree to go to the teleporter then i may be of some assistance there as well"

Heya Draco!

Sherwood can correct me if what I'm about to mention is different in his game, but in Rifts: Dimension Book 15 - Secrets of the Atlanteans, each type of the Atlantean stone pyramids are completely magical in nature and not technological. I am under the impression that only those characters who have some kind of magical knowledge/background/ability have any chance at making them function. I'm bringing this up because I don't want you to have any false impressions of Blake's ability to control one (which is, unless Sherwood says otherwise, none).

Hope you're having a good one! =)

Sherwood? Just how much do Terra and Gradicus know about the Atlantean Stone Pyramids? Do they know there are three types and only the rarest (Dimensional) can provide the means of leaving Atlantis? Do they know of the specifics of teleportation? I'm specifically referring to Secrets of the Atlanteans, page 182, section 12. Teleportation via Pyramids?

Dan glad to hear from you. i apologize if my characters words seemed out of place, while he is aware that there is magic on this island, so far he has had no one tell him that the pyramids are completely magical therefore he is under the impression that even though he did not read about them specifically that he can figure out the basics due to the collection of knowledge that he aquired while reading before departure. hope this helps

No worries, Draco! I'm just trying to clear up what might be a confusing situation later.

Blake the Cyborg: "I'll use the teleporter."

Teleporter: "That'll be 100 P.P.E., please."

Blake the Cyborg: "Uh oh. I don't have that." =)

Maybe (Sherwood willing) Blake could have learned that information from Brazamal's library? That is, again, unless Sherwood is somehow running things differently.

Ok, lets see if I can hit the high points here.

First, there is absolutely no technological component to the pyramids and their ability to open and control rifts of any kind. A pyramid may have some tech in it, but that would be a secondary feature that does not affect the teleportation, be it weapons or security devices of some kind.

There are very few books on the subject of pyramid magic, since the practitioners of the arts of making them are rather closed mouthed with their knowledge. As such, I am going to say that Blake may have been able to find a book in Brazamal's library on a percentile roll of 10% or less. Even then, the book will only have basics of what some pyramids can do, but the bulk of it would be gibberish to the non-magic using cyborg.

Of the three PCs, only the ones capable of channeling their PPE (Shaona, Gradicus and Terra) would have a chance to be able to operate the place. For you to have any chance of working the pyramid, it will take the three of you to pool your knowledge to make a rift that might get you onto the North American land mass. I am still doing some reading myself to see just what chance that will be. Needless to say, the faster you rush through it, the worse your rolls will be. You will need to have as much time as possible to have any chance to direct a rift to go to where you want to go.

Thanks for the answers, Sherwood!

If I may, I am under the impression (from Secrets of the Atlanteans) that a single practitioner can attempt the roll and if successful, can use the pyramid with the following in mind (again, page 182):

1. Teleportation takes 3 seconds to activate.
2. Can transport from one Dimensional Pyramid to another (in the same dimension).
3. Can take as many as two dozen people, or 50 tons, with them in a single teleport.
4. Costs 100 P.P.E. per teleport

If Gradicus were to make the roll, I would definitely be spending an Action/Bonus point on that roll.

However, as I read it, it's not possible to make a rift to North America via teleportation (again, as the book reads). Even if it were, it seems like the cost to open a rift (for a Dimensional Teleport, page 183) is 500 P.P.E. and none of us has that.

Only with Dimensional Rifts/Portal (section 14 on page 183) is that remotely possible and the P.P.E. cost for that is 1,000 P.P.E..

It seems to me that either some GM-tweaking must take place ("It's a special pyramid!") or our team, having two True Atlanteans, realize that the teleporter is a no-go and we just hope to nail any ship the Splugorth favorites using the place have (if any). If all that is true, that's one hell of a longshot.

What are your thoughts, Sherwood?

You have a few possible options on using the pyramid, if that is the direction you guys want to go. Since Garran is the one giving you the info on this, it is possible that he has some certain knowledge about pyramids in general, or that one specifically, that could help. Also, I forgot that as far as PPE users go, you also have Crocodile Crocodile and his dragon that has a large PPE battery to aid in making a pyramid jump possible.

There is the option to pool your collective PPE to open a dimensional rift, tapping into the powers of the various NPCs that can also channel PPE. All together, you have enough points to do that. Both Terra and Gradicus come from different dimensions, and could offer their homes as a possible location to go to, then you make a second jump from there back to Rifts Earth somewhere in North America.

Re: Pooling P.P.E.. You'll let us do that? Hmm! Thanks!

One of the reasons I asked about all this is I want to know what Gradicus knows before I post next. Grad's intent is to ask the four refugees we came for what their thoughts are now that they have heard our group's ideas.

Pooling PPE is a long-held magical tradition. It is the only way that some spells can be cast. This also explains things like witches covens, where you have multiple spellcasters all working together to make their sorcerous workings happen.

Forgot to add, go ahead and pick the brains of your rescued prisoners. Just let me know what you are asking and to whom!

Pooling PPE is a long-held magical tradition. It is the only way that some spells can be cast. This also explains things like witches covens, where you have multiple spellcasters all working together to make their sorcerous workings happen.

Oh, I completely agree! I just had no clue a Tattooed Undead Slayer could be counted among the "true" casters it usually takes for such rituals to take place. Kind of like a D&D Paladin taking place in a Wizard ritual or the like. =)

Gradicus may not be able to work the same kind of magic as Shaona, Terra and our newly found dragon friend, but it sounds like you can lend your energy to the workings of spellcasters. Sounds good to me.

Hey, it's Sherwood's game. If he says it works, it works! =)

Sherwood, I didn't fear you then, and I certainly don't fear you now. But damned if you're still not one of the funniest dudes I know! Ha ha! Your sense of humor has always been something else! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back