• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ok everyone! After thinking about it for a bit, I'm going to institute the Bonus Point system that has been discussed in earlier posts. As you level up, you get Bonus Points equal to 5 + 1/2 you current level, rounded up. These points do not roll over from level to level, so make sure you use them wisely. This Bonus Point can be used for any attack, defense or skill roll you want. What does a Bonus Point give you, you ask?

In the case of a d20 roll, you add an additional D6 to the result. In the event of a natural 1-4, it still is an automatic miss, so in that case, the BP is wasted.

For a percentile (d100) roll, you add a d6 to your roll, but each point you get is 5%, giving you a potential +30% to your roll.

When you use an BP, you must declare it before the base roll that it is being added to is rolled.

Any questions? This add-on is effective immediately, giving everyone six BP at the moment.

EDIT A copy of this has been added to the top of the Characters Tab

Last edited:
Another quick note: I changed the city that the refugees are from. I had my city locations switched up on the map between the Dragons and the Gargoyles.

is my character aware of how many refugees their are? i think he might but I'm not quite sure.

Would there be enough room for them in my trailer?

And kind of a side note but does anyone here know a lot about D&D 3.5? specifically character creation? I'm asking because a friend of mine is starting a campaign, but I've never done 3.5 so I'm basically lost, I'm used to 5.0 so a lot of things are confusing for me.

I believe that Silanon did mention that it was about a dozen people. You know that your vehicle does not have the room to fit all of them inside.

DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior We are about to go do something sneaky (rescue others without being detected) and you are looking to drag around a bunch of slaves? What purpose would that serve? It's hard enough for us to sneak around without attracting unwanted attention, these slaves would slow us down and cause more of an inconvenience with our current task. As it is, we need to be able to transport the 4 we were hired to rescue...

Dano Dano DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior I was under the impression that, depending on what we hear from them, we would be sending the escapees towards the coast and we would meet up with them after we had snagged the four that we were hired to do so, and then all of us would make the trip to the boat.

Psychie Psychie That was mine as well, mostly because there aren't really many alternatives at this point.
Dano Dano It would serve the purpose of being able to protect those people rather than let them get killed while we're on our way. I'm aware that that's certainly not Trent's line of thought, though. Besides, space for the four should not be an issue since you blocked the badger.

Silanon Silanon helping them on the way back isn't out of the question for Trent.... it's taking them with us before we have secured the ones we are on the island for...

I'm aware of that - I meant "on the way" as in "on the way to rescue the four people we're looking for". Having them with us makes sure that they don't get killed in the meantime.

I see your respective reasonings but as silanon has said, there would be plenty of room for the four that we were hired to save due to trent blocking off the badger. and as for slowing us down and their purpose well i don't see anyway that they can slow us if they are riding its not like we are stopping every twenty minutes to check out the scenery, they would be in the trailer resting. and as for a purpose well I'm sure that the extra hands would not be unwelcome in a fight.

Think of how hard it would be to keep 2 or 3 people quiet when trying to 'sneak'.... now think of how hard it would be to keep 17 people quiet while trying to 'sneak'.... What are these people going to eat? Do you really think they are going to stay in your trailer the whole time? Where are the other half of them going to be? This is going to turn into a circus parade....

Heya folks. Pardon my absence. Real Life bites sometimes, but it's good to post here again. =)

The vote we made earlier together leaned slightly in favor of rendezvousing with the refugees on our way out (Silanon offering to change his vote as it were). So that's the route I'm going unless circumstances change (again?).

Has anyone given thought to the notion that perhaps the four people we are after are not alone? What if they have additional refugees or needed gear that must return with them? What then? While the refugees need to be helped, they are clearly our second priority.

I hope my posts with the refugees will satisfy the group. I have not had anyone radio in any comments to me to say otherwise.

It works for me. Check the Character's thread. I'm going to post a Xp award there for everyone as a early Christmas present.

Don't forget that at level 3, everyone gets to add '1' to an attribute of your choice.

Gradicus is 501 xp shy of the 5,501 xp requirement for level 3. We'll get it on the next go-'round. =)

Psychie Psychie Good going with the refugees, lady! =)

Hey everyone! I am currently talking to a new member of the RpN family named Rinu Rinu . We are discussing having her join in our game here.

You're welcome! I've never been a fan of Cold Pricklies, Psychie. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back