• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Heya! Is Daggon doing anything to cover up the fact he's a True Atlantean? Can we see his tattoos? Does he have any markings of any kind?

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Heya! Is Daggon doing anything to cover up the fact he's a True Atlantean? Can we see his tattoos? Does he have any markings of any kind?
Good question! No, I'd say the typical ones on his wrists are hidden, but he has quite a few more. There is at least one on his neck that's pretty visible.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Just another short question about the appearance - are there any clear indications that our new friend is a cyber knight?

Nice, Sil. If anybody on the team would know what to look for when it comes to IDing a Cyber-knight, Eron would definitely be the one. =)

No clue, actually - don't think the text in the main rule book says anything about it. I mean, technically, summoning their swords and showing off their special armor is probably always enough to convince anyone - but they might still fancy having something else.

But it probably mostly depends on whether or not he wants to be recognized as what he is.

Nice, Sil. If anybody on the team would know what to look for when it comes to IDing a Cyber-knight, Eron would definitely be the one. =)
I'd hope so - but as his player, I don't really know what to look out for. But I figured there might be something to look at while Snowfall stares at tats.

Last edited:
I will say that the Marks of Heritage tattoos are going to be too small to spot until you guys are right up on top of one another, and the other tats are probably covered up by clothes and armor. The same goes the other way, too. Wlf will not be able to identify Terra or Snowfall as Atlanteans until you are closer.

As you close in on one another, Snowfall would recognize the leaf armor that Wlf is wearing as a item from a Millennium Tree, something never given out to evil beings. So, unless he took the armor from someone, the man is probably a good-aligned person.

Finally, there is no badge or symbol for the Cyber Knights that can identify them at a glance. Only if the Psi Sword is summoned will it be a visible clue.

Sherwood Sherwood And while we're at it, is there anything that supernatural senses could pick up? Just asking because I remember 'em for once.

• Estimate the general level of experience. Low (I -3), medium (4-7), high (8th and up).
• The presence of magic (no indication of what, or power level).
• The presence of psychic abilities. Low (Minor) or high (Major or Master).
• High or low base P.P.E.
• The presence of a possessing entity (does not indicate Psychic Possession or mind control).
• Health : Sick, injured or completely well .
• The presence of an unusual human aberration which indicates a serious illness or that the character is not human and may be a mutant, D-Bee, or demon, but does not reveal which.
A quick copy of the list of the See Aura spell for you.
The Helm shows that the person is medium to high level,
has magic items on him,
a high level of psychic power,
a moderate level of PPE, not as much as a full on spellcaster, but much higher than a 'normal' person,
no possessing entities,
excellent health,
and that this person is a Dbee of some sort, very close to human but just a little off.

There are no invisible beings that you can see, but it is possible for something to be hidden behind the smoke and fire of the burning farm.
Sherwood Sherwood And while we're at it, is there anything that supernatural senses could pick up? Just asking because I remember 'em for once.
Eron will get much of the same info from his senses as I just laid out above.

I take it no illusions either or you'd've mentioned them.

Cyber-knight aside, that's enough information for my Atlantean-trained Tattooed Voyager to reasonably wonder if this is an Atlantean before them. Especially with his neck tattoo being visible per WlfSamurai. Having Tattoo-magic himself, I think Snowfall can say with confidence the person before them is likely Atlantean (which clan? Who knows. Not Sunaj). Thank you!

Instead of visually following to wherever the tracks might be, instead Snowfall's gentle gaze falls upon the departed. His tone becomes as solemn and as serious as a being's can be. "But... what of the dead?" Snowfall offers. "Were you finished burying them? If not, do you desire help with such a grim task?"
I don't mean to change the direction of whatever Sherwood might have laid out before us. This is something that my Character would simply have to ask and provide for, given these circumstances.

Dannigan Dannigan I'll try to remind you, but that's probably unreliable at best as well - I mean, I almost forgot about this whole idea until Sherwood conveniently placed corpses in our path. There's a second part to this idea, too, which I somehow managed to completely forget about until just now... the really important part actually, since I meant to discuss the musician hatred with Snowfall. Whoops... guess I'll have to sneak in another post soonish before I forget again... work's first on the line, though, so it'll have to wait a little.

Silanon Silanon No worries - Real Life Always Comes First!

And hey! Just think! This is Rifts! There is combat! Sooner or later, there will be corpses to remind us again! Ha ha! (Hopefully-lots-of-bad-guy-corpses-and-not-ours!)
Iphone Parody GIF

Gotta say - finding our own corpses would be one hell of an inconvenience. I've got plans, you know? Sure, they might be childish plans of a crazy mind, but hey - plans are plans.

Oh, that reminds me: Sherwood Sherwood Did your pondering about investments come to any conclusions yet? I mean, it's not relevant at the moment, just curious about ways to get rid of my hard-earned money.

And... that's a few lines of utter nonsense. Sorry folks, I did try to get us back on track in the end there.

Sil, you're playing a Crazy! It's just like my playing Ridge - his thoughts doesn't always make sense to me either, but they can to type out! =)

I'll just give you the rolls real quick - lore demons is at 60, tracking at 55. Do any of these (or of the other supernatural senses) offer benefits?
65% recognize odors, 25% recognize person, 30% track by smell

For those with the skill, please give me a set of rolls for:
Tracking
Demon and Monster Lore
Faerie and Creatures of Magic Lore
and Dimensional Lore
Tracking: he doesn't have the skill, but he is a Fox Spirit with supernatural senses and animal senses if that helps with anything.

Demons and Monster Lore: 96%
Fairie and creatures of Magic Lore: 81%
Dimensional Lore: 76%

Yeah. Even with the penalties, Silanon aced his Demon and Monster Lore roll. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back