• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Can the elemental melee crystals be added to it? Is there an origin story behind it? Any other information on it?
It can use the crystals, but only for the melee damage it does. Thank you, by the way.

With a bit of research, the Rod was made by an ancient Aztec god with more letters in his name than should be allowed by law. This Aztec deity originally gifted the rod to one of his Scions before he was seduced by the power of one of the Vampire Intelligences, becoming one of the Master Vampires that are now running Central America.

It can use the crystals, but only for the melee damage it does. Thank you, by the way.

With a bit of research, the Rod was made by an ancient Aztec god with more letters in his name than should be allowed by law. This Aztec deity originally gifted the rod to one of his Scions before he was seduced by the power of one of the Vampire Intelligences, becoming one of the Master Vampires that are now running Central America.
Dang! I can't but wonder if maybe we bagged the Vampire Intelligence that seduced the Aztec deity. I mean, the chances are small, but still!

I'm asking some of this stuff to keep Snowfall's financial numbers accurate. I don't want to accidentally come away with something I forgot to deduct and I want his balance to be true. Okay, to keep my thoughts in one place here and keep us all on the same page:

1. Buy the Dimensional Pockets ("Dimmy Pocs!") if Sil is up for it.

2. Divvy up or wait and sell our trove of gems (let's see how Sil feels about it).

3. Get a ruling with that 1,000,000 credits from the wheeled vehicles.

4. Find out how much the Mechanoids loot sells for (it's showing his cards early, but Snowfall likes Moloch and believes Moloch would give him a fair price.

5. See what these totals are and give an answer on the Rod of Stormy Booms Weather Control. =)

6. Possibly purchase a (probably medium) lightning melee rune (because lightning is fitting and there is a pun in here somewhere!). =)

There. =)

Buying the bags, not the Honey Badger name. Too many flashbacks to the Disney series the Lion Guard.
Lion Guard? I haven't seen it.

Do we want a name for the Badger? We don't have a hard name for the team yet.

Sherwood Sherwood I'll give you a complete shopping list soon-ish - I'm quite busy at the moment, and I'll have to go through the last pages of conversation to see if there's something I forgot about. There will definitely be two weapon crystals of the highest level, though - holy, white flames for the holy blade (fire), and... do we know what kind of dragon forged the shifting sword? I'm leaning towards acid because that's just something I never do, but if he happened to be a fire or ice dragon, that might change things.

How about we buy all four of these? One for each of us and I'll buy another to keep on the (I keep on wanting to call it the Honey) Badger?
Sure thing - we're raiding a coalition base, there should be a few nice souvenirs lying around. better to have enough space for them!
2. Divvy up or wait and sell our trove of gems (let's see how Sil feels about it).
I'd split up the gems, and then keep as many high-value gems while paying whatever we want to pay for. Think we've got more money than we're spending, and gems can be used to pay pretty much everywhere.

Team name? Terra's terminators worked thus far, didn't it?I'd stick with that until we find something else. You really don't want Eron to name the squad...
The badger? No fricking clue, actually. I'll have to think about it.

Think we've got more money than we're spending, and gems can be used to pay pretty much everywhere.
Good point. And they can be used for Techno-wizardry too. Never know when that might come in handy. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Okies! I think at this stage now.

1. Buy the Dimensional Pockets. Snowfall will pay 2,000,000 for 2 and leave one on the Badger.

2. Keep the gems.

3. Get a ruling from you on the 1,000,000 credits from the wheeled vehicles.

4. Find out how much the Mechanoids loot Snowfall snatched sells for (it's showing his cards early, but Snowfall likes Moloch and believes Moloch would give him a fair price.

5. See what these totals are and give an answer on the Rod of Stormy Booms Weather Control. =)

6. If the Rod of Weather Control comes home, very likely purchase a (probably medium) lightning melee rune. =)

I think that's everything on my end. =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood

Found it! "Micro-fusion grenades are extremely rare on the Black market and cost 1,500 to 3,000 credits each" (per Coalition War Campaign, page 93 under the CP-50 Dragonfire rifle/grenade launcher). In which case, I'll just go with the normal grenades, thank you. It's not just about how much money one has; it's also how that money is spent. =) I'd rather have a box of 50 Fragmentation grenades (250 cr. each = 12,500 cr. total if you're using the CS hand grenade costs on page 98 of Coalition War Campaign).

Sherwood Sherwood Okies! I think at this stage now.

1. Buy the Dimensional Pockets. Snowfall will pay 2,000,000 for 2 and leave one on the Badger.

2. Keep the gems.

3. Get a ruling from you on the 1,000,000 credits from the wheeled vehicles.

4. Find out how much the Mechanoids loot Snowfall snatched sells for (it's showing his cards early, but Snowfall likes Moloch and believes Moloch would give him a fair price.

6. If the Rod of Weather Control comes home, very likely purchase a (probably medium) lightning melee rune. =)

I think that's everything on my end. =)
1. No problem.

2. Done

3. I thought I had added the money from the ground vehicles, but it looks like I didn't. You guys get another 1 mil to be split between you.

4. Before I start quoting prices for the loot, do you happen to have any ideas on just what it is you are selling? If it is a bunch of rifles from the Thin Men or Runt robots, that will fetch a different price than some other tech, and I don't want to undercut what you rightly deserve.

5. I'm looking back at earlier posts, and I'm not sure what question you have about the Rod that I need to address. Help, please?

Regarding the grenades, good eye on finding the price there. Either way, Moloch will be happy to sell you as many grenades as you wish.

1. No problem.

2. Done

3. I thought I had added the money from the ground vehicles, but it looks like I didn't. You guys get another 1 mil to be split between you.

4. Before I start quoting prices for the loot, do you happen to have any ideas on just what it is you are selling? If it is a bunch of rifles from the Thin Men or Runt robots, that will fetch a different price than some other tech, and I don't want to undercut what you rightly deserve.

5. I'm looking back at earlier posts, and I'm not sure what question you have about the Rod that I need to address. Help, please?

Regarding the grenades, good eye on finding the price there. Either way, Moloch will be happy to sell you as many grenades as you wish.
Sherwood Sherwood Oops! #5 is largely a note to myself to remember what I'm doing. =)

As for the loot,

Loot!
Parts of Overlord and Brains from Mechanoid Fortress battle (nothing Snowfall believes that could be possessed).
=)

Okies. The various pieces of alien tech is of interest to Moloch, and you can get a decent price of 5 mil for the lot. It is possible to get a better price from a specialized dealer, but it will take you time to find such a merchant and start to negotiate a good price.

Thanks! After looking again, two containers with a total of 50 Plasma grenades and 50 Heavy High Explosives are looking more promising. (275 * 50) (350 * 50). If that's all right?

Okies. The various pieces of alien tech is of interest to Moloch, and you can get a decent price of 5 mil for the lot. It is possible to get a better price from a specialized dealer, but it will take you time to find such a merchant and start to negotiate a good price.
That's fine! Psychie Psychie Snowfall will split that loot with Terra 50/50 (as she was with him during the Mechanoids battle to get it but Eron was not). Glad Snowfall had the forethought to loot before we left!

lol There couldn't possibly be anything bad with that idea at all.
Except for that new pothole in the road. What? You mean no one has fixed it yet and those trucks are driving right toward it? *ducks and cringes* =)

Thank you! =) Adding 333,333 credits to Snowfall's account.

Sherwood Sherwood Is there anything else about the Rod of Weather Control Snowfall would be able to discern about it? Anything Moloch passes along that Snowfall should know? That bad boy is looking cooler every time I read about it.

Sherwood Sherwood Is there anything else about the Rod of Weather Control Snowfall would be able to discern about it? Anything Moloch passes along that Snowfall should know? That bad boy is looking cooler every time I read about it.
I have to leave soon to pick up my 8 year old from school, but I can give you some more info on it once I get back and she's doing her homework.

Of course! Drive safe and watch out for Crazies on the road! You know how they drive - oh, uh, hi Silanon Silanon Didn't see you standing there! Heheheh!
Dog GIF

Dannigan Dannigan
The Rod is good aligned, so when the former owner was turned into the Master Vampire, he was unable to wield it anymore and therefore had to set it aside. From this point, the history becomes a bit murky, as the Rod is passed on from owner to owner for many years. When Moloch came into possession of it, he was able to recognize it as a potent rune weapon where its current wielder did not, and was able to make his purchase on the cheap. He has held onto the weapon for many years, knowing that it is just too expensive for the typical user to be able to buy.

Due to the alignment issues for the former owner, it is suspected by Moloch that the weapon does double damage to creatures of darkness (demons, vampires, et cetra) with a successful melee strike, but has never been in a position to be able to test his theory. He is not sure if the extra damage (if any) would also apply to the ranged lightning bolts it can throw.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Did you see the post I made with your Dragon Thunderer and your Leaf Armor? Any questions for me about them?

Dannigan Dannigan
The Rod is good aligned, so when the former owner was turned into the Master Vampire, he was unable to wield it anymore and therefore had to set it aside. From this point, the history becomes a bit murky, as the Rod is passed on from owner to owner for many years. When Moloch came into possession of it, he was able to recognize it as a potent rune weapon where its current wielder did not, and was able to make his purchase on the cheap. He has held onto the weapon for many years, knowing that it is just too expensive for the typical user to be able to buy.

Due to the alignment issues for the former owner, it is suspected by Moloch that the weapon does double damage to creatures of darkness (demons, vampires, et cetra) with a successful melee strike, but has never been in a position to be able to test his theory. He is not sure if the extra damage (if any) would also apply to the ranged lightning bolts it can throw.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Did you see the post I made with your Dragon Thunderer and your Leaf Armor? Any questions for me about them?
No questions! Those are both a hell yeah! Nice! Is that armor stat'ed up in one of the books? Is there a picture?

No questions! Those are both a hell yeah! Nice! Is that armor stat'ed up in one of the books? Is there a picture?
There is a type of Leaf Armor described in World Book: England, but I modified it for my own purposes. Here is a rough representation of it:

1634182186961.png

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I should (with Sherwood's permission) purchase the "big" melee crystal for 5 million instead of the medium, solely because the MMORPGer in me (that loves to max items in video games) is urging me to do. It is as if the medium crystal is just "not good enough" for this excellent Rod of Lightning Smacks Weather Control.

Does anyone else here have problems like these (the mindset of gaming in one type of game "invading" another)?

Sherwood Sherwood What kind of rune weapon is the rod considered? I don't have a lot of experience with rune weapons, but I think there is a lesser, greater, and greatest or something to that effect?

Also, does it have the standard abilities attributed to most rune weapons?

Do those "standard" abilities change with the type (lesser, greater, greatest) of rune weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back