• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And... this is the moment where I notice that my character sheet is totally not up to date. Didn't do the changes for the armor proficiency yet... whoops. I'll fix that soon-ish. Don't have detect concealment, only detect ambush and tracking, so a regular flat perception roll will have to do. Not sure if the supernatural senses will do me any good:

Supernatural senses (200ft nightvision, 2mile long-range vision, see the invisible, 65% recognize odors, 25% recognize person, 30% track by smell, +5% on skills that require delicate touch)

Maybe whatever we're looking for smells like rotten fish, who knows?

It's worse than you think, Sil! It is a fish, and since you selected Detect Ambush instead of Detect Concealment, the fish attacks you! Roll Initiative!

Oops! Not my game. Too bad. Evil Concealed Feeesh vs. Eron, the Bringer of Justice - it woulda been the fight of the century!! 8D

I tried to get a post up today, but couldn't quite get into the right mindset for Eron; will give it another try tomorrow and hopefully move things forward!

Short question: So my roll above clearly says that Eron didn't pay much attention, but his senses allow him to see the invisible; does that change his perception of the scene at all, or does the cloak have a workaround for these kinds of effects as well? I meant to bring it up in a joke and then suddenly thought: Invisibility... wait a moment.

The effects of the cloak are not 'really' invisibility, but a mechanical version of the 2nd level evoker spell Chameleon. I was not aware you could see the invisible, so I'll have to do some reading to see if that power would work against the chameleon effect.

Sherwood Sherwood Found it if you don't mind the outside and unasked-for help. =)

Per Rifts Ultimate Edition, page 199, under the Chameleon spell: "This spell is effective against normal vision, see the invisible and most optic systems." =) If the cloak acts exactly as the spell, that is.

Short question: Does one need demolitions to throw grenades? I've got it on my character sheet, but Eron turned out to be someone who wouldn't use it that much. Just asking because I still haven't updated my sheet (whoops), and it might be one of the first things to go. I'm also considering two-weapon fighting to make use of the shifting sword as well; think that might be fun to write, and I won't drop his holy blade anytime soon.

There is a WP Thrown that gives you combat bonuses for throwing stuff. Demolitions is more about placing explosives where you want them to go boom.

That's what I thought - I have WP targeting on my sheet, which should cover everything I need; I'll drop demolitions for the armor proficiency, then. I'll update the sheet a bit later - I mean, I'm already months behind schedule anyways, right?

And yes, I'm aware that the next six encounters will probably all include the use of stationary explosives...

Thanks!

Short question (is there an in-game bonus for asking three in a row?): Do the TW Crazies qualify as men at arms? Just asking because that's a requirement for WP paired weapons; which might be neat, now that I have two cool swords. Does paired weapons work with Eron's holy blade? It should work with the shapeshifting one, certainly.

And a short calculation: Right now, Eron's sword does 3.5x6+6=27 mdc damage on average, the biggest crystal adds 2.5x10+10= 35mdc;, without any doubling against fiends and so on. That's... a lot. If Eron can pick up paired weapons, that's - a lot more. I mean, he wasn't on the high end of damage output, I don't think, but that would be an explosion in damage. Just putting that out there since I have the funds, I believe; he'll also switch over to the heavy armor, and thus turns into a dodging tank. That's a lot of stuff at once, and I'm not sure if it's a problem; it looks like it might be one, potentially. Anyone familiar with the details - should I avoid some of this?

Melee weapons, be it on a mecha or on foot, have always been holding the short end of the stick when it comes to damage in the Palladium system. I say you get what you can to increase your damage on foot in hand to hand fighting.

Alrighty, then - damage it is, for the better or worse. Still not used to roll damage at all - that's what one gets for playing support mages all the time =)
Did we mean to get rid of some of the other loot we made? Just asking, because the gems would cover the enchantments, but nothing else.

That is, if I can pick up paired weapons and need to enchant two blades. Sherwood Sherwood Just to confirm (and I hope I didn't already ask this months ago, couldn't find it right now):
1.) Is Eron's blade "Shining Mirror" light enough to be used as a paired weapon? I'd say it probably is, but one never knows.
2.) Are TW Crazies men-at-arms? Regular crazies are, I believe, but I'm not sure about the TW variant. I like the idea of paired weapon fighting since I want to use the shifting sword as well; but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to pick it up.

Alrighty, then - damage it is, for the better or worse. Still not used to roll damage at all - that's what one gets for playing support mages all the time =)
Did we mean to get rid of some of the other loot we made? Just asking, because the gems would cover the enchantments, but nothing else.

That is, if I can pick up paired weapons and need to enchant two blades. Sherwood Sherwood Just to confirm (and I hope I didn't already ask this months ago, couldn't find it right now):
1.) Is Eron's blade "Shining Mirror" light enough to be used as a paired weapon? I'd say it probably is, but one never knows.
2.) Are TW Crazies men-at-arms? Regular crazies are, I believe, but I'm not sure about the TW variant. I like the idea of paired weapon fighting since I want to use the shifting sword as well; but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to pick it up.
You have not yet sold any of the other material loot you have picked up. With all of the suits of powered armor that you guys have in your inventory, you can easily sell a few for some serious money. You just need to find someone willing to buy/trade with you. Fortunately for you, you do just happen to know a guy named Moloch that might do the trick.

1. You can use it as a paired weapon, especially with your strength.
2. Yes, you qualify as one of the men-at-arms category.

Short question (is there an in-game bonus for asking three in a row?): Do the TW Crazies qualify as men at arms? Just asking because that's a requirement for WP paired weapons; which might be neat, now that I have two cool swords. Does paired weapons work with Eron's holy blade? It should work with the shapeshifting one, certainly.

And a short calculation: Right now, Eron's sword does 3.5x6+6=27 mdc damage on average, the biggest crystal adds 2.5x10+10= 35mdc;, without any doubling against fiends and so on. That's... a lot. If Eron can pick up paired weapons, that's - a lot more. I mean, he wasn't on the high end of damage output, I don't think, but that would be an explosion in damage. Just putting that out there since I have the funds, I believe; he'll also switch over to the heavy armor, and thus turns into a dodging tank. That's a lot of stuff at once, and I'm not sure if it's a problem; it looks like it might be one, potentially. Anyone familiar with the details - should I avoid some of this?
Here's what my memory can provide:
1. In-game bonus. I hope so! Curiosity drives adventures and therefore, the players of adventurers! Where would we be without wonder?
2. TW Crazies men-at-arms? I recall us having this discussion in this game and the answer was no. That might not stop Sherwood from allowing Eron to choose Paired Weapons (the guy does have superhuman reflexes and serious strength).

Sherwood Sherwood As I'm typing this, I see that you and I are on at the same time here! While I'm glad Eron counts as a man-at-arms, I'm pretty certain this goes against what we had decided on (last year?). I can't help but ask - is this a GM call for your universe or have you come across information in the books somewhere?

I'm being flexible with the men-at-arms thing, especially since you guys are such a high level now, and I have to keep upping the in-game threats to keep pace with what you can do.

Cool! =)

While I genuinely enjoy the amount of imagination in Palladium's decades of games, the system can get confusing with one book saying one thing (perhaps meant only for its setting) while another book says another. Still, how many times has Seimbeida himself said something like, "If you don't like the rule, throw it out!" Fun is king in Palladium! =)

True that. I'm just looking forward to seeing how well you handle the next big challenge, especially without Terra's Automations and Daisy's Glitter Boy suit. I hope it will be a fun one.

I'm being flexible with the men-at-arms thing, especially since you guys are such a high level now, and I have to keep upping the in-game threats to keep pace with what you can do.
Thanks a lot! If it happens to be a problem at some point, lemme know - I can always sneakily reverse the change on the character sheet like nothing ever happened. It does increase Eron's damage output by a lot, after all.

That said, I'm mostly looking forward to using a fricking shapeshifting sword, over the raw damage. Just have to find a good name for it; "Valere's Greatsword" is better than "sword 3", but still... "Shifting Scale"? Hmm... I'm open for suggestions, folks.

Hmm. What's Eron's take on the sword? He's the one carrying it around after all.

Is he all heroic about it? "Oh my holy Blade of the Valiant! Able to adapt to any enemy! I will take you all on!"

Wary? "Look, stranger. Don't make me pull this thing out. I don't know what it'll turn into next and you won't like it, I'll tell you that!"

Just plain bonkers? "Just look at all of the shapes the blade can transform into! I can never make up my mind which one to use! Are we... fencing today? Ninjitsu tomorrow? Ah! I'll be Conan the Barbarian with an Aquilonian broadsword! By Crom, I'll send our foes screaming to hell!"

Hard to say at this point, actually; there wasn't really time to use it thus far, right? Bonkers and overly excited would be my best guess at the moment - the heroic part is pretty well covered by Shining Mirror, Sir Cooley's former sword. But I could also see him name it in one of his more thoughtful moments... maybe I should just wait a little, see if there's a good in-game moment to name it?

I say, sure! Your Character, your story. Whatever it is, have a blast with it! =)

Heh! Makes me glad Eron's not one of those super-vain types. "With my Super-slicing Adjustable Sword, I can give myself any haircut I choose and behold my awe-inspiring beauty in this, my Shining Mirror! Oh, it's a hard life to look this good - but for the good of the galaxy, somebody has to do it!"

Somehow, I could totally imagine that as some sort of commercial: "Get your Super-Slicer now, and save up to twenty percent on your next purchase - Valere Steel Industries!"

Good thing Eron wouldn't want to be a part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back