• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I wanted to see if Psychie or Rykon wanted to jump in with an introduction, or you and Silanon could also ask for some info.

No worries. I just don't want to take the game away from you guys.

Brazamal looks embarrassed, saying, "I just have had the fortune to be the right person in place to do some good in this world."

Yes, but does cold Lord dragon partake of Snowfall's offered cup of fresh, warm sake? =)

Snowfall bows deeply and sincerely at the arrival of the lordly Western dragon. When he rises, he finds himself visually inspecting the dragon for signs of wounds or discomfort. If he finds none, he reaches into his pack and withdraws his favorite lunchbox. Snowfall reasons that if Terra finds reason to pay respects to this great old lizard, then why shouldn't he? After all, were not dragons of this nature some of the most majestic and fantastic of the universe's creatures?

"Ohh! Lord Brazamal! Your arrival calls for a celebration! When was the last time a creature of your origins stepped into lands of these origins so recently liberated from such great evil, eh? And besides!" The kitsune steps forward and tries to brush off some of the snow. "It looks like you could use a little warming up, milord!" he produces one steaming cup of sake while filling another. With great humility, Snowfall the Celestial Messenger offers the first cup to the lordly dragon.

I didn't see your reply as I was typing up my post. I'll respond to it.

Awesome! I love it!

Both the 200 pages, and the fact that Rykon will post soon.

He knew he was both too young and beyond his authority to demand the Elder reward these people, but he didn't see any harm in speaking their praises. Perhaps they would come to respect and remember the young royal Dragon in the kind of light they now cast on the adult, Brazamal.

From Zeph? Wow! I don't know about you guys and gal, but I think Snowfall has risen a big notch the eyes of the universe!

Sherwood Sherwood Has Snowfall ever been to, or in the area of, Lone Star?

Sure, Snowy's been a Megaverse-traveling celestial messenger for centuries, but I only want him to have gone to places that benefit you and your stories, if you get what I mean. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Has Snowfall ever been to, or in the area of, Lone Star?

Sure, Snowy's been a Megaverse-traveling celestial messenger for centuries, but I only want him to have gone to places that benefit you and your stories, if you get what I mean. =)
I had the dice decide for me, and no, you have never been to the Lone Star complex. However, Daisy has, and even if D. Rex D. Rex is is putting her on the back burner until he gets more time from his job to post, she can offer up a sneaky way in.

I had the dice decide for me, and no, you have never been to the Lone Star complex. However, Daisy has, and even if D. Rex D. Rex is is putting her on the back burner until he gets more time from his job to post, she can offer up a sneaky way in.
That isn't a bad idea. Would take a bit of pressure off. And she could be very helpful that way.

That isn't a bad idea. Would take a bit of pressure off. And she could be very helpful that way.
Ok, so just as long as I have your permission, I'll slide Daisy into an NPC role for now, and when things are not as crazy for you timewise, you can jump back in and take over once more.

The Tech Department
6 Glitter Boy Type 7 suits - Daisy, Eron
2 Triax Ulti-Max Powered Armor
4 Hunter Mobile Gun Assault Mecha
2 X-545 Super Hunters
"Along with the powered suits and the mecha, there are a number of different hover vehicles, including jet bikes and hover cars and trucks."

The Magic Department
The Bowl of Winds - Party Item with Snowfall.
There have been only three of these bowls made, and the Kitsune believes that you are all looking at a Bowl of the Winds. If it is truly one of the three, it is a powerful item capable of manipulating the weather! It can perform simple changes quite easily, such as making a light rainfall come down in the middle of a cloudy day. But it can do much more than that. Given enough time to prep the surrounding area, it can whip up tornados and hurricanes just as easily as a blizzard or a drought.

But, be warned. Without a full understanding of just what you are doing, it is possible that you could cause disruptions in the weather all around you that can take years to straighten out. Truly a powerful item.

The Bowl of Winds is something that will take several minutes of time of working the magic into it to get it to work; far longer than any combat would take place. In order to make any changes to the weather, it takes an infusion of 100 PPE to get it to work, and the range of the effects cover an area in miles equal to the level of the person putting the PPE into it. More than one person can donate to the cost, and this has an added benefit of increasing the effective level of radius that the Bowl has, making ritual magic with multiple people very powerful with it.

Anti-Magic Device - Daisy

Splugorth Staff Power - Terra

Sword 1 - Manannán Mac Lir's sword of Truth - Fragarach. Snowfall.
Looking over the swords, the first looks to be a Roman Gladius, but a closer look shows that it is covered in Celtic runes, marking it as having an Irish or Scottish origin. Like other blades of this design, it is a heavy weapon that is good for chopping and thrusting, but lacking the same finesse as a lighter blade.

Looking at the gladius first, there is an inscription on the blade written in old Celtic of just one word: Truth. It does not take Zephiron long to be able to remember a hint of lore, telling you that this blade is Fragarach, the Sword of Manannán Mac lir, one of gods of the Tuatha De Danan of the Celtic pantheon. This blade has served many great heroes over the years, and besides having the traits of a lesser rune weapon, Fragarach has one other unique ability: When the blade is pressed against the neck of a person, demon or god, they cannot tell a lie.

In addition to its earlier posted ability of preventing someone of telling a lie, it will do 5d6 MD in a melee strike, provides a +1 to all Saving Throws, and it is semi-intelligent and is able to communicate with its wielder with feelings and emotions.

Sword 2 - The demon-slaying, good-aligned, very-intelligent, psychic-power-providing mostly otherwise normal longsword. =) Zephiron
The second is a traditional longsword. Well balanced, it is designed to be wielded with one or two hands.

The longsword is also a minor rune weapon, one that can only be used by a person of good alignment. It is a demon slayer, doing extra damage to their ilk. Certainly not something that Salnesh would want hanging around.

Despite its rather simple appearance, the second sword has a few nice goodies to it. It will inflict 5d6 MD in melee, but does 10d6 to demons, provides the same +1 to all Saving Throws, and it possess psionic abilities of all Sensitive and Physical abilities, plus these three Super Psi powers: Hydrokinesis, Electrokinesis, and Mind Block Auto Defense. It has a battery of 100 ISP to fuel its powers and is highly intelligent.

Sword 3 (which I'm calling Valere's Greatsword until someone else comes along with a better name - "Sword 3" is just... bleh. =) ) - Eron
The third sword doesn't look to be very well balanced, but it is certainly heavy enough to be considered a two-handed greatsword. Made with fine golden metal, it seems to glow in the sunlight.

The third weapon is also covered in runes, with the inscription with the word in old Dragonese: Valere. With that hint, both Terra and Zephiron both know that Valere was the name of a dragon from a very long time ago, one that was a master craftsman of fine weapons. The pinnacle of his career was a large sword that, in addition to being a powerful rune weapon, could change shape and size. It can go from being a massive two-handed blade down to a tiny penknife! But that's not all. It also provides the wielder an extra level of protection (basically extra MDC) and can sense beings of supernatural evil around it, no matter what form they try to shapeshift into.

Does 5d6 MD, provides the same +1 to all Saving Throws, gives the wielder a bonus of 50 MDC when in combat up to 1x per day for a duration of 10 minutes, and glows red in the presence of supernatural evil with a sensing range of 50 feet.

Miscellaneous and Party Items
The cache of gemstones is in the 10-25 million credit range, depending on where you go to find a buyer.

I haven't forgotten about this. I'm posting it here because we still haven't divvied it up (and if nothing else so I can get having to do it out of my head. There are some cool goodies we might see if Brazamal can help us with here? =) ).

* * *​

Silanon Silanon
So - maybe spoken language? Perhaps, when the pressure rises, all spoken words seem to shift just a little as if it's his voice speaking?

Also, I haven't forgotten about this (this is one of the reasons I write scenes the way I do; as much as I love some of the things I write, sometimes I just want it written down so I can get it out of my head). =)

How about certain language(s)? Eron already has a thing about cats. How about if a certain language altered Eron's demeanor in some way that made him feel uncomfortable?

* * *​

Sherwood Sherwood

If D. is unable to play for Real Life reasons, that puts us down one PC. Snowfall aside, Lone Star is some serious stuff and I kind of feel... odd killing the Coalition in big numbers with one Character (here) while playing a Coalition soldier in another game (Psychie's Coalition Wars).

Halp?

If D. is unable to play for Real Life reasons, that puts us down one PC. Snowfall aside, Lone Star is some serious stuff and I kind of feel... odd killing the Coalition in big numbers with one Character (here) while playing a Coalition soldier in another game (Psychie's Coalition Wars).

Halp?
Without letting too much slip from my hand, I can tell you that while you may run into small numbers of Coalition soldiers, they are not your primary target, and if you pull your strings right, you will be confronting something inside the complex that is nasty but not a bunch of Skull Heads. Just the thing for your moral quandary.

Here is another thought. This game has gone down to just Silanon Silanon , Purr Purr , Rykon Rykon and Psychie Psychie as active players. I am willing to entertain the idea of inviting in a new player or two, if there is someone that the group might wish to recommend for consideration. I do not want another random player in here, messing up with our good thing.

Do any of you have a player that might be a good fit for this game that we can start to court?

Sherwood Sherwood What about... JayTee , WlfSamurai , jaydude , or Teh Frixz ? I like all four of them for different reasons.

I do, too. Before I send a PM to these guys, does anyone have any objections to any of them? Some issue that I am not aware of? As I said earlier, I don't want to ruin our game here. We've put too much into it to see a player throw a wrench in the gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back