• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"The wise man never trusts in appearances ." - Confucius

You're so cool, D.! I do feel a bit better having spoken with a fellow player about it. I really like your solution, too - that solution gets players and characters talking!

Let me break it down step by step:

The magic helmet has these powers when activated:
Magic Powers: The wearer can See the Invisible, See Aura, see infrared light, see strong heat radiation same as a thermo-imager, detect magic concealment, and recognize illusions!

The See Aura spell detects the presence of magical and psionic powers. not type or power level General level of experience. high or low base P.P.E. the presence of a possessing entity. if they are base human or not and if they are insane or not base-human. could also indicate that they are just seriously ill or insane. Cannot detect alignment although.

The Fox Spirit R.C.C. can naturally see magic and Chi.
Alrighty well let's see. What he would be able to tell from that.

Daisy has no magical concealment or part any illusions.

She is a psychic, with potent yet limited sensentive psionics. An ISP of 120 (not sure if that's high or low)

Would be able to see that she is not human. And neither ill nor seriously insane.

Would have no presence of magic or chi.

However, he may see that the axe she wields is magical and sentient.

Does that cover things? I can explain it more theatrically if youd like me to post it in the IC.

You're so cool, D.! I do feel a bit better having spoken with a fellow player about it. I really like your solution, too - that solution gets players and characters talking!

Let me break it down step by step:

(Snowfall's thoughts.) "The wise man never trusts in appearances ." - Confucius

His magic helmet has these powers when activated:
Magic Powers: The wearer can See the Invisible, See Aura, see infrared light, see strong heat radiation same as a thermo-imager, detect magic concealment, and recognize illusions!

The See Aura spell detects the following:
1. The presence of magical and psionic powers (but not type or power level).
2. General level of experience.
3. High or low base P.P.E.
4. The presence of a possessing entity.
5. If they are not "base human" (which could also indicate that they are just seriously ill or insane). Cannot detect alignment.

The Fox Spirit R.C.C. can naturally see magic and Chi (positive or negative and general amount). This is in addition to Snowfall's own people-watching skills and experience (body language, tone, use of words, etc.).

Now, I certainly don't need a power-by-power definition for every single character in sight, but I continue to wonder if the things that stick out be too much? Example: Just knowing that Daisy's P.P.E. base, presence of psionic powers, and appearance might very well draw Snowfall into the conclusion that Daisy is indeed a Dog Boy (possible ally!) and NOT a Wolf Spirit R.C.C. (that race that has been killing Fox Spirits in Japan, since oh, foxes and wolves first came to Japan?).

Bing! Right there, I can tell my character, "Daisy, despite her appearance, is not out to kill you! You can probably trust what she's telling you." And that (for me) makes a world of difference in their roleplay!

And that's all I really want - the facts as best as Snowfall can tell to know where Snowfall should stand with each PC (including Terra). But if it feels too much to ask (as implied by the dead silence) then I am left with only two conclusions.

1. I am investing too much of myself into the RP and ought to back off (and spend my ever-eternally-present energies on something, anything, else).
2. I am asking too much of the powers that be for information they might not want me to have for reasons they will not share. By asking the other players what Snowfall should see, it feels like side-stepping Sherwood which feels wrong to me when I examine it.

Either way, I cannot tell because of the dead silence. I can't do anything with silence. I guess I'd better back off. Again, thanks for asking, D.! =)

I'd advise just be a bit patient. Some of the players seem a bit busy. So I wouldnt think too much into it. Especially when the track record so far has been good. This isnt the only rp that has had some silence to it. But these rps have been going on for a year. Everything will get back in track soon enough.

So yeah, just tag them all. A gentle and polite push saying you are using the spell and need results from people nearby.

I think it's a good idea, but I have long been in the habit of keeping the person running the game involved in matters like this. So I'll try one more time. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Is this all right by you?

Alrighty well let's see. What he would be able to tell from that.

Daisy has no magical concealment or part any illusions.

She is a psychic, with potent yet limited sensentive psionics. An ISP of 120 (not sure if that's high or low)

Would be able to see that she is not human. And neither ill nor seriously insane.

Would have no presence of magic or chi.

However, he may see that the axe she wields is magical and sentient.

Does that cover things? I can explain it more theatrically if youd like me to post it in the IC.

D. Rex D. Rex Yes, no explanation needed. =) That tells Snowfall what he needs to know - Daisy is not a Wolf Spirit, but very likely a Dog Boy, and a rogue Dog Boy at that. With such a high ISP (yeah, 120 is very high compared to the run-of-the-mill non-psychic), no magic in her being, yet is using a magic item (Coalition Forces are totally against magic use and destroy practitioners and items of magic often), well, I that's enough I think for Snowfall to connect the dots. Daisy probably has an American or Canadian accent? She also had an idea of what Kitsune are without an inkling of hostility towards them. That too is telling.

A few notes on Chi. As for Chi, all living things have Chi. Some GMs make it so that ISP and Chi are the same thing; others keep them separate. In a game like Sherwood's, it's probably very safe for them to be interchangeable, but doing so allows benefits to open up (like Snowfall being able to activate Techno-Wizard items with his Chi when he already has a nice bank of P.P.E. to draw upon). Snowfall uses Chi for his Chi Powers (from his Fox Spirit R.C.C.), but he also uses his natural ability to detect Chi to see if someone has a positive or negative aura (think Star Wars and the light and dark sides of the Force). Use of either does not necessarily denote a good heart or lack of a heart, but it does tend to point in such directions. ( Sherwood Sherwood All of the aforementioned, of course, is completely subject to Sherwood's control given that this is his game.)

Daisy seems to be someone who is no stranger to joy and cheer. That makes her positive in my book. =)

D. Rex D. Rex Yes, no explanation needed. =) That tells Snowfall what he needs to know - Daisy is not a Wolf Spirit, but very likely a Dog Boy, and a rogue Dog Boy at that. With such a high ISP (yeah, 120 is very high compared to the run-of-the-mill non-psychic), no magic in her being, yet is using a magic item (Coalition Forces are totally against magic use and destroy practitioners and items of magic often), well, I that's enough I think for Snowfall to connect the dots. Daisy probably has an American or Canadian accent? She also had an idea of what Kitsune are without an inkling of hostility towards them. That too is telling.

A few notes on Chi. As for Chi, all living things have Chi. Some GMs make it so that ISP and Chi are the same thing; others keep them separate. In a game like Sherwood's, it's probably very safe for them to be interchangeable, but doing so allows benefits to open up (like Snowfall being able to activate Techno-Wizard items with his Chi when he already has a nice bank of P.P.E. to draw upon). Snowfall uses Chi for his Chi Powers (from his Fox Spirit R.C.C.), but he also uses his natural ability to detect Chi to see if someone has a positive or negative aura (think Star Wars and the light and dark sides of the Force). Use of either does not necessarily denote a good heart or lack of a heart, but it does tend to point in such directions. ( Sherwood Sherwood All of the aforementioned, of course, is completely subject to Sherwood's control given that this is his game.)

Daisy seems to be someone who is no stranger to joy and cheer. That makes her positive in my book. =)
Lol no waiting for the glitterboy to open reveal?

She has an American accent, and is originally from the Coalition. She also tends to still have a bit of an anti magic bias. Nit a fan of it. Especially leylines, but that is mostly because they heavily mess with her senses.

Her attitude to kitsune are about like much other things. She isnt very smart in terms of knowing a lot of what is going on. She was kept in a nursery as a breeder for most her life. Her mercenary life lead her to see a bunch of things she didnt understand but learned to take in stride. Unless it is an obvious stereotype that precedes their reputation, she isnt likely to be aware of the subtleties of things. For example. "Atlantean! I've heard of Atlantis. That's a thing. Terra is a thing from Atlantis." But also doesnt really know the specifics on if it's a nationality or species.

Snowfall hasn't really given her any grief. And she likes compliments. Shes nice, but would probably be quick to pull a gun on someone if she doesnt like them or they cause her trouble. Or, at the least, bear her teeth and spit mean words at them. Mostly towards strangers. (Wolfy agression I got to play on) That said, she is docile enough to get along with pretty easily. And more than enjoys being in states of joy and cheer.

Does having isp interchangeable with chi mean that she could possibly fire a kamehameha or something?

Lol also not sure how Daisy scales with everyone else in terms of strength or effectiveness in or out of armor. So her "take things as they come" approach makes her easier to play.

My usual disclaimer applies here - I am not running this game so please ask Sherwood if you want to know how things roll in his campaign. =)

Lol no waiting for the glitterboy to open reveal?

That's not up to me. I would gather that the wolf-like traits on Daisy's Glitter Boy and the (very likely) inhuman speech pattern of someone who talks through a canine face would give someone else who does the same thing some big giveaways. Not to mention her body language even in the Glitter Boy is probably different than a typical humans? Her walk is probably different given the shape of her lower legs, yes? =)

Does having isp interchangeable with chi mean that she could possibly fire a kamehameha or something?

Again, that's not my call, but if it were my game, I would firmly say "no" for a number of strong reasons. Some of these include the fact that Sherwood does not have Chi combat in the game and Chi combat, when it is in-game, is nothing like what little I've seen from Dragonball Z). What I think it would mean is this - having Chi and ISP being the same thing would not provide any extra powers per se, but opportunities. Say Sherwood allowed Daisy to learn a Chi-based Martial Art power. Instead of her having a small pool of Chi (around 20-30) to use for that one power, Daisy could instead draw upon the pool of 120 ISP instead!

She also tends to still have a bit of an anti magic bias. Nit a fan of it. Especially leylines, but that is mostly because they heavily mess with her senses.

I think this is an odd stance for someone who willingly carries around a rune weapon. I feel rune weapons are like lightsabers in Rifts in that they are rare, powerful, highly-coveted, and super-magical as weapons go. Just carrying around a rune weapon (to me) screams, "I'm so pro-magic I can even cast spells using this thing!" That's quite a thing for a non-casting class.

Lol also not sure how Daisy scales with everyone else in terms of strength or effectiveness in or out of armor. So her "take things as they come" approach makes her easier to play.

In terms of physical abilities, I'd say she has Shaona and Terra beat (since all of these characters are S.D.C.-based), as they are wizard-class characters. Most Dog Boys I am aware of, by their nature and breeds the CS choose are naturally born to hunting and combat (especially the wolf-blooded). However, a few of the other party members are M.D.C. creatures (Snowfall, Zepheron, Eric Foss [Sherwood's NPC]). I think Sir Dru the Cyber-Knight falls into the Mega-damage category given his Supernatural Strength, but I can't say for certain since Vaneheart has kept his combat statistics a mystery from the start (they're not on his character sheet).

My usual disclaimer applies here - I am not running this game so please ask Sherwood if you want to know how things roll in his campaign. =)

That's not up to me. I would gather that the wolf-like traits on Daisy's Glitter Boy and the (very likely) inhuman speech pattern of someone who talks through a canine face would give someone else who does the same thing some big giveaways. Not to mention her body language even in the Glitter Boy is probably different than a typical humans? Her walk is probably different given the shape of her lower legs, yes? =)

Again, that's not my call, but if it were my game, I would firmly say "no" for a number of strong reasons. Some of these include the fact that Sherwood does not have Chi combat in the game and Chi combat, when it is in-game, is nothing like what little I've seen from Dragonball Z). What I think it would mean is this - having Chi and ISP being the same thing would not provide any extra powers per se, but opportunities. Say Sherwood allowed Daisy to learn a Chi-based Martial Art power. Instead of her having a small pool of Chi (around 20-30) to use for that one power, Daisy could instead draw upon the pool of 120 ISP instead!

I think this is an odd stance for someone who willingly carries around a rune weapon. I feel rune weapons are like lightsabers in Rifts in that they are rare, powerful, highly-coveted, and super-magical as weapons go. Just carrying around a rune weapon (to me) screams, "I'm so pro-magic I can even cast spells using this thing!" That's quite a thing for a non-casting class.

In terms of physical abilities, I'd say she has Shaona and Terra beat (since all of these characters are S.D.C.-based), as they are wizard-class characters. Most Dog Boys I am aware of, by their nature and breeds the CS choose are naturally born to hunting and combat (especially the wolf-blooded). However, a few of the other party members are M.D.C. creatures (Snowfall, Zepheron, Eric Foss [Sherwood's NPC]). I think Sir Dru the Cyber-Knight falls into the Mega-damage category given his Supernatural Strength, but I can't say for certain since Vaneheart has kept his combat statistics a mystery from the start (they're not on his character sheet).
About the chi and kamehameha
download.jpeg

As for the rune weapon! It fits that she is an odd one. And she isnt above a bit of hypocrisy if it benefits her. She isnt super anti magic. She just doesnt like it all that much. But, there are times something in her favor might make her eyes twinkle.

A dangerous game, it seems, to mix sdc and MDC char.

Even moreso in Rifts than in Robotech, I'd wager. =)

Re: Rune Weapon and magic in general. Would it be safe to say Daisy is a person who enjoys good tools whether they are technological or magical in nature? Not the kind of person who would have her snout in a spellbook, but thinks if the darned item works, why not use it?

Even moreso in Rifts than in Robotech, I'd wager. =)

Re: Rune Weapon and magic in general. Would it be safe to say Daisy is a person who enjoys good tools whether they are technological or magical in nature? Not the kind of person who would have her snout in a spellbook, but thinks if the darned item works, why not use it?

A very good way to put it!

Cool deal.
Which reminds me! Currently she is holding the dragon stopper.

Is it possible to attach the particle rifle to her back and grab the Boom gun fast enough that it wouldn't affect anything? Or would I need to use a turn to do that?

With that nat 20 on your roll, I'll let you switch weapons without using an action.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ! That mantis is 30 ft tall and 45 ft long. It seems to be hovering using one big engine underneath it. The carpet from his 12th-level Carpet of Adhesion spell is described as being 10 feet wide and 20 feet long. Could Snowfall, using his flight and speed from his Blazing Comet tattoo, zip underneath it, shoot it from his Dragon Rod, and clog its engine with it? I'm thinking the mantis would be easy prey for Terra's babies if it were suddenly, oh, you know, unable to fly?

Hee hee hee. =)

D., Snowfall can't knock it down and besides, it's not exactly the mantis itself that has my attention.

Hey Sherwood? What about that odd box on the mantis's back? Could you go into detail about what it looks like and how it might open? Would a Magic Net or Carpet of Adhesion prevent it or delay it from opening (if indeed it appears to open)?

D., Snowfall can't knock it down and besides, it's not exactly the mantis itself that has my attention.

Hey Sherwood? What about that odd box on the mantis's back? Could you go into detail about what it looks like and how it might open? Would a Magic Net or Carpet of Adhesion prevent it or delay it from opening (if indeed it appears to open)?
It appears to open from the middle out towards the sides. It is most likely some sort of weapon, and yes, a Magic Net would probably keep the doors from opening, at least, for a while. The whole mecha is too large to be stopped by the Net, though.

It appears to open from the middle out towards the sides. It is most likely some sort of weapon, and yes, a Magic Net would probably keep the doors from opening, at least, for a while. The whole mecha is too large to be stopped by the Net, though.
Given the size of the robot, would such a sizable part of it. Like the back of it. hinder a called shot by much?

Should it turn around, of course.

I'm going to have to try and post tomorrow. My headache triggers have lit up and they aren't going away. Have fun. =)

Given the size of the robot, would such a sizable part of it. Like the back of it. hinder a called shot by much?

Should it turn around, of course.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back