• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
New IC post is up. All five of the bots failed their rolls to keep on their feet. Good for our Snowfall, right?

Sherwood Sherwood Snowfall has Blazing Comet on. He can fly extremely fast. If he decides to assist Terra, would we save any time?

Sherwood Sherwood Snowfall has Blazing Comet on. He can fly extremely fast. If he decides to assist Terra, would we save any time?
It might cut down your time by a melee round, but it will still take at least three full melees to get the grenades placed correctly.

I'm half tempted to just start wailing on the reactor with my sword to get some damage done, then let the grenades finish it off for us at a safe distance.

I'm half tempted to just start wailing on the reactor with my sword to get some damage done, then let the grenades finish it off for us at a safe distance.

EDIT: Sorry. Rereading this, this came off stronger than intended. I've rewritten it.

I think beating on the reactor won't work. If the charges aren't set, then they don't do the job they're supposed to do. Right? Unless Sherwood says otherwise?

We have a solid plan. It's working very well. At this moment in time, we could have everyone but Eron working on the grenades (NPC included)?

We've worked great to get to where we are. Let's get this done the way we planned?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood By now, does Snowfall have a strong idea of what it is Terra is attempting to do? Meaning does he know where to place the cases of grenades?

I'll just toss this out there. If it's an obvious case of the grenades go from point A to point B, then Snowfall could summon Juu, his 10-headed Hydra, and have 10 heads delivering the grenades faster than any of us could do so alone.

What do folks think of that?

Wait. Sorry to spam. I finally figured out what my problem is: I don't know why Terra keeps having to roll Demolitions for one job? If she manages fail a roll, does that mean that she has to start all over?

That's creating an issue in my head where I'm thinking we don't have enough time (because it's only a matter of time before she fails one of these Demolition roll). When in fact, we have the situation under control. All we have to do is buy time. Right?

Also, my ADHD is working against me. I'm wound up in real life and I'm hyper focusing on this when I need to do something else with my energy. Sorry. Sometimes my brain gets the better of me.

No worries, my friend. I have Psy keep rolling Terra's demo skill because it is using multiple placements of explosives on various parts of the power core, and instead of doing an 'all or nothing' roll, I have been doing it in incremental stages. So far everything is going well in that department.

Having your hydra deliver grenades would not be as useful as it could be because it doesn't have the manipulative ability to control a small hand grenade-sized object in its claws or mouths very well. It would be a better guard, or it could be used to directly attack the reactor like Psychie said.

If Terra does use some of her actions to thrash the reactor with a weapon, like one of her TW rifles or her sword, it very well could speed things along a bit and reduce the number of grenades you would need to place on the reactor to make it explode the rest of the way. This does have the risk of doing too much damage to the thing before you are all ready to bolt out of there and then you'd get caught in the resulting explosion.

Continuing on as you are right now has a low chance of failure, because if Psychie does fail a demo roll, there are many successful rolls already banked up that will make up for it. It all depends on how quick you wish to get out of there.

Does that help?

It sounds like that the safest bet for us is to continue on as we are, and only change things up if things go south on us with a quickness. Otherwise, we just keep on going as is.

That is entirely your call to make. Remember that only a few actions have gone by so you still have two to three more melee rounds to go through before you have all the grenades placed.

I was just noticing that this October our game here will have been running for four years. Quite a lot of fun has come of it in that time.

Yes, indeed. I am quite happy with how long this game has lasted, and with the friends that have stuck with it.

Also, my ADHD is working against me. I'm wound up in real life and I'm hyper focusing on this when I need to do something else with my energy. Sorry. Sometimes my brain gets the better of me.
SOLVED! It's a full moon! Why didn't anyone (in Real Life) tell me it was a full moon? No wonder my brain is upside-down tonight! Full moons sometime throw me over. Like tonight!

Having your hydra deliver grenades would not be as useful as it could be because it doesn't have the manipulative ability to control a small hand grenade-sized object in its claws or mouths very well.
I thought they were in.. you mean that Moloch didn't provide cases? Snowfall literally has dozens of loose grenades? Holy crap. I'd better buy something sturdy and secure next time we're in town. Any idiot carrying live explosives around in plastic shopping bags or whatever deserves what they get, right? =)

This does have the risk of doing too much damage to the thing before you are all ready to bolt out of there and then you'd get caught in the resulting explosion.
This is precisely why I don't like the idea of directly attacking it. Not like Sherwood is the type of GM to let us blow ourselves up (at least without warning) but hey, fair's fair. One crit at the wrong moment on that reactor and kablooie - game over, man!

Continuing on as you are right now has a low chance of failure, because if Psychie does fail a demo roll, there are many successful rolls already banked up that will make up for it. It all depends on how quick you wish to get out of there.
Sherwood. "banked up?" Is this in the Rifts rules somewhere and I've missed it? I don't know what you're talking about or where this system came from. In Real Life, one mistake, even with a toe-popper mine, and you've lost fingers or worse. How does this "banking" Skill system work or where is it explained please? I'd like to perhaps use it, but I've never even heard of it?

No worries, my friend. I have Psy keep rolling Terra's demo skill because it is using multiple placements of explosives on various parts of the power core, and instead of doing an 'all or nothing' roll, I have been doing it in incremental stages. So far everything is going well in that department.
So how many rolls does she have to make? I'm asking because at this rate, especially with the "are you still doing demolitions?" requests, I think we'll be here in this combat until September. I don't mind that because it's your game - I would just like to know roughly what to expect time-wise? I've been gaming Rifts for over two decades and I've never seen a situation done quite like this one. Plus I suspect the full moon isn't helping my ability to sort things out.

It might cut down your time by a melee round, but it will still take at least three full melees to get the grenades placed correctly.
Two more things. To use concise language (in my case, deleting the troublesome and confusing word, 'melee,' which has confused players in my games for years), it will take 4 Rounds (1 minute; each Round lasting 15 seconds) at our current speed? But 3 Rounds if Snowfall assists?

And should the Wind spells cast by Snowfall last that long in your game (I see you're running the spells a little differently than described in Book of Magic, so I have to ask)?

I thought they were in.. you mean that Moloch didn't provide cases? Snowfall literally has dozens of loose grenades? Holy crap. I'd better buy something sturdy and secure next time we're in town. Any idiot carrying live explosives around in plastic shopping bags or whatever deserves what they get, right? =)
The grenades are in cases, but they need to be taken out of the boxes and placed on the reactor in specific locations to maximize their explosive effect.

With a bit of reflection, I suppose that you could place them in the case against the power core as a single block. It shows that different people come up with different ideas to move forward.
This is precisely why I don't like the idea of directly attacking it. Not like Sherwood is the type of GM to let us blow ourselves up (at least without warning) but hey, fair's fair. One crit at the wrong moment on that reactor and kablooie - game over, man!
Who, me? Blow you all up? Would I really do that? :hornstongue;
Sherwood. "banked up?" Is this in the Rifts rules somewhere and I've missed it? I don't know what you're talking about or where this system came from. In Real Life, one mistake, even with a toe-popper mine, and you've lost fingers or worse. How does this "banking" Skill system work or where is it explained please? I'd like to perhaps use it, but I've never even heard of it?
I used the phrase of 'banking up' successful rolls as a way of saying that Terra has made several successful rolls and is doing well in her placement of the explosives.
Two more things. To use concise language (in my case, deleting the troublesome and confusing word, 'melee,' which has confused players in my games for years), it will take 4 Rounds (1 minute; each Round lasting 15 seconds) at our current speed? But 3 Rounds if Snowfall assists?
Correct. If Terra does not get distracted and continues to work as she is doing so far, it will take her and her Automation a total of four full melee rounds / 1 minute to complete the grenade placement, unless you use the case that the rest of the grenades are in. That will obviously speed things up a bit, and will need only one more Demolitions roll.
And should the Wind spells cast by Snowfall last that long in your game (I see you're running the spells a little differently than described in Book of Magic, so I have to ask)?
The Wall of Wind spell lasts five minutes per level, so it will clearly endure for quite a while.

Correct. If Terra does not get distracted and continues to work as she is doing so far, it will take her and her Automation a total of four full melee rounds / 1 minute to complete the grenade placement, unless you use the case that the rest of the grenades are in. That will obviously speed things up a bit, and will need only one more Demolitions roll.
Derp. I never even thought about the idea of using the case to put the grenades on the reactor. On my next action, I'll do that and spend an action point to make sure I don't screw up the roll (or at least, reduce the odds of failure a lot).

Terra: "Ah, dang. Screw this, I wanna kill stuff." Places the entire case, proceeds into melee.

With a bit of reflection, I suppose that you could place them in the case against the power core as a single block. It shows that different people come up with different ideas to move forward.
Without the need for individually placing the explosives, does this decrease the time required?

I used the phrase of 'banking up' successful rolls as a way of saying that Terra has made several successful rolls and is doing well in her placement of the explosives.
O.K..

The Wall of Wind spell lasts five minutes per level, so it will clearly endure for quite a while.
Good.

If Morrolan and Snowfall both assist, how much time would then be required?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back