• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
All military grade internal combustion engine trucks and jeeps.

4 Hummers
2 large flatbed trucks
4 large panel trucks
4 motorcycles
1 tanker truck
2 semi tractor cabs
and
10 empty semi trailers

Holy crow! We have 18-wheelers! Does anyone in the group even know how to drive one of those?

Suddenly, I'm glad I asked these things! Thanks, Sherwood! =)

Holy crow! We have 18-wheelers! Does anyone in the group even know how to drive one of those?

Suddenly, I'm glad I asked these things! Thanks, Sherwood! =)
I don't believe so, but you have powered armor, Automations and dragons with lots of strength that can muscle them into the base until such time as someone comes along with the skill.
How much fuel is there, if any, for these vehicles? Is there a place on the Fortress to store any of it?
Yes, there is a 5,000 gallon diesel fuel storage tank at the base. There are a few water storage tanks at the mobile fortress that can be emptied to make room for this.

Reminder - It has been over a week since most of us have posted in-game.

1. Did we want to go to the nearby city, sell what we can, and then be off on our next adventure?

2. What is our next adventure?

3. Also, in the interests of keeping this game going, I have the following Loot List with names in underline of those who wanted particular items):

@D. Rex Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

The Tech Department
6 Glitter Boy Type 7 suits - Daisy, Snowfall (would like 1), Eron?
2 Triax Ulti-Max Powered Armor
4 Hunter Mobile Gun Assault Mecha
2 X-545 Super Hunters
"Along with the powered suits and the mecha, there are a number of different hover vehicles, including jet bikes and hover cars and trucks."

The Magic Department
Anti-Magic Device - Daisy
Splugorth Staff of Power - Terra
Sword 1 - Manannán Mac Lir's sword of Truth - Fragarach - Snowfall
Looking over the swords, the first looks to be a Roman Gladius, but a closer look shows that it is covered in Celtic runes, marking it as having an Irish or Scottish origin. Like other blades of this design, it is a heavy weapon that is good for chopping and thrusting, but lacking the same finesse as a lighter blade.

Looking at the gladius first, there is an inscription on the blade written in old Celtic of just one word: Truth. It does not take Zephiron long to be able to remember a hint of lore, telling you that this blade is Fragarach, the Sword of Manannán Mac lir, one of gods of the Tuatha De Danan of the Celtic pantheon. This blade has served many great heroes over the years, and besides having the traits of a lesser rune weapon, Fragarach has one other unique ability: When the blade is pressed against the neck of a person, demon or god, they cannot tell a lie.

In addition to its earlier posted ability of preventing someone of telling a lie, it will do 5d6 MD in a melee strike, provides a +1 to all Saving Throws, and it is semi-intelligent and is able to communicate with its wielder with feelings and emotions.

Sword 2 - The demon-slaying, good-aligned, very-intelligent, psychic-power-providing mostly otherwise normal longsword. =) Zephiron
The second is a traditional longsword. Well balanced, it is designed to be wielded with one or two hands.

The longsword is also a minor rune weapon, one that can only be used by a person of good alignment. It is a demon slayer, doing extra damage to their ilk. Certainly not something that Salnesh would want hanging around.

Despite its rather simple appearance, the second sword has a few nice goodies to it. It will inflict 5d6 MD in melee, but does 10d6 to demons, provides the same +1 to all Saving Throws, and it possess psionic abilities of all Sensitive and Physical abilities, plus these three Super Psi powers: Hydrokinesis, Electrokinesis, and Mind Block Auto Defense. It has a battery of 100 ISP to fuel its powers and is highly intelligent.

Sword 3 (which I'm calling Valere's Greatsword until someone else comes along with a better name - "Sword 3" is just... bleh. =) ) - Eron?
The third sword doesn't look to be very well balanced, but it is certainly heavy enough to be considered a two-handed greatsword. Made with fine golden metal, it seems to glow in the sunlight.

The third weapon is also covered in runes, with the inscription with the word in old Dragonese: Valere. With that hint, both Terra and Zephiron both know that Valere was the name of a dragon from a very long time ago, one that was a master craftsman of fine weapons. The pinnacle of his career was a large sword that, in addition to being a powerful rune weapon, could change shape and size. It can go from being a massive two-handed blade down to a tiny penknife! But that's not all. It also provides the wielder an extra level of protection (basically extra MDC) and can sense beings of supernatural evil around it, no matter what form they try to shapeshift into.

Does 5d6 MD, provides the same +1 to all Saving Throws, gives the wielder a bonus of 50 MDC when in combat up to 1x per day for a duration of 10 minutes, and glows red in the presence of supernatural evil with a sensing range of 50 feet.

Miscellaneous and Party Items
The cache of gemstones is in the 10-25 million credit range, depending on where you go to find a buyer. Evenly distribute between the 5 of us?

The Bowl of Winds - Party Item
There have been only three of these bowls made, and the Kitsune believes that you are all looking at a Bowl of the Winds. If it is truly one of the three, it is a powerful item capable of manipulating the weather! It can perform simple changes quite easily, such as making a light rainfall come down in the middle of a cloudy day. But it can do much more than that. Given enough time to prep the surrounding area, it can whip up tornados and hurricanes just as easily as a blizzard or a drought.

But, be warned. Without a full understanding of just what you are doing, it is possible that you could cause disruptions in the weather all around you that can take years to straighten out. Truly a powerful item.

The Bowl of Winds is something that will take several minutes of time of working the magic into it to get it to work; far longer than any combat would take place. In order to make any changes to the weather, it takes an infusion of 100 PPE to get it to work, and the range of the effects cover an area in miles equal to the level of the person putting the PPE into it. More than one person can donate to the cost, and this has an added benefit of increasing the effective level of radius that the Bowl has, making ritual magic with multiple people very powerful with it.

All military grade internal combustion engine trucks and jeeps.
4 Hummers
2 large flatbed trucks
4 large panel trucks
4 motorcycles
1 tanker truck
2 semi tractor cabs
and
10 empty semi trailers

Have I missed anything?

Looks about right to me, as far as I can tell. At least, nothing stands out as wrong or missing.

We need to find a way to magic rune Daisy's Glitter Boy. I would give a lot to see that!

So, Dann does pose good questions. Are we looking to go into the nearby city and let the word of our incredible accomplishment be told to the masses? Get some stuff? Sell some stuff? Or does everyone want to skip forward? I'm good either way.

I'd love to buy/sell stuff in OOC then move onto our next adventure with Rammoth with us, but if folks would rather RP it out, I'm cool with that too. =)

Just let me know what you want to do, guys, and I'll work with it.

I'd love to buy/sell stuff in OOC then move onto our next adventure with Rammoth with us, but if folks would rather RP it out, I'm cool with that too. =)
Doing that in OOC would certainly speed things up to get our new magic stuff from her.

Did we decide on where Terra's Terminators (my Character says, "That's our name until someone comes up with something better!") are adventuring next?

I have a plan to throw you into perils heretofore unheard of by mortal men! You will weep in terror as you see the vile horrors laid out in front of you, and shall beg for mercy from me, of which I shall have none! It will be the end of all you know and hold dear! Mwuhahaha!

Or I might just wing it and see what happens.

Seriously, I do have a plan for you guys as you head north.

Seriously, I do have a plan for your next challenge. But lets not rush things too much. If you guys want to do some bar hopping in town and look for some buyers/sellers of good loot, you can give it a go IC or OOC.

Think I'd do the buying and selling ooc, personally - unless someone wants to play it out. Loot-wise, I have interest in one modified suit of glitter boy armor, my share of the credits to enchant the holy blade, and the free sword as a backup weapon if no one else wants it. So very much what Dann noted above.

Taking a break for bartering sounds fun. Zephiron has the stats to be socially impressive but is completely void of practical streetsmarts. Even if things go wrong, I'm certain it'll be entertaining.

Rykon Rykon I forgot to add, during the next couple of months while Rammoth is making the tattoos for Terra and Snowfall, she can teach you four new spells of your choice, up to level 11. Pick the ones you wish and let me know.

Rykon Rykon I forgot to add, during the next couple of months while Rammoth is making the tattoos for Terra and Snowfall, she can teach you four new spells of your choice, up to level 11. Pick the ones you wish and let me know.
Will do, I'd like to spend time on a proper post for Zeph, and I'll need to be at home for proper focus on that, so I'll have him join those at the Rift once I get off work today.

Psychie Psychie Did you see this post? I wrote it with Terra in mind. Feel free to "stick" Snowfall with the "truthiness" sword if Terra wishes it! =)

Did you guys notice that we are now up to 100 IC pages! Thank you all for making this game so much fun!

Sherwood Sherwood

Sir Allen glances back and forth between Terra, Zephiron and Brazamal, and slowly lowers his rifle as he can see that hostilities seem to be not on the menu. He offers up a polite nod of his head, and says, "Greetings, stranger. I am Sir Allen, Cyber Knight. If I may ask without offering offense, who are you, and what brings you here?"

While I enjoy scenes like this, I often don't know what to do when one NPC asks of another and that one doesn't (yet) respond. Do you want for us to wait until Brazamal responds or something before posting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back