• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Certainly no complaints on my end.

Sherwood Sherwood Since I meant to spend most of the time eyeing the pyramid, and the automatons took a while to get to the village - were there any noticeable changes, or just everything as before?

Certainly no complaints on my end.

Sherwood Sherwood Since I meant to spend most of the time eyeing the pyramid, and the automatons took a while to get to the village - were there any noticeable changes, or just everything as before?
There is no visible change that you can see.

There is no visible change that you can see.

What an interesting sentence. =)

Sherwood Sherwood How many hours of rest did Terra and Snowfall receive? Snowfall is down to P.P.E. 30/278. His Physical Endurance is currently 29/36.

It was a three hour tour, just like on Gilligan's Island!

Seriously, you have had three hours of meditation for PPE and PE recovery.

Congratz! That's actually quite an insane number you got there.

Years ago, when RP Nation was not yet, but RPdom, Sherwood invited me over (and via extension, my lady Kaerri), and we've been having Good Times here ever since! RP Nation! My favorite website! =)

Thanks again, Sherwood! 8D

I'll have an IC post up later on today. Just have a few errands and chores to take care of first.

Sherwood Sherwood Before you move things forward, can you check the pm real quick? If there's anything I can share with Mirgris, I'd prefer doing that before any major changes in the story. Thanks!

Sherwood Sherwood Before you move things forward, can you check the pm real quick? If there's anything I can share with Mirgris, I'd prefer doing that before any major changes in the story. Thanks!
I looked at it real quick, but didn't have much time to really mull it over. I'll let you know soon.

Just wanted to say - I am having a really good time in this Rifts game! It's a lot of fun to be a part of this. We have enjoyable character interaction, challenges to conquer together, and a splendid atmosphere to do it all in! Thanks a bunch to everyone involved! =)

Sherwood Sherwood

Names are power. Has Snowfall ever heard of the name "Salnesh" before? Or any creature that fits Eron's description?

Does Snowfall have Lore: Demons & Monsters? Oh, does he! At 91%! =)

And if your alerts are working anything like mine, I should probably tag you, bud. Sherwood Sherwood =)

Sherwood Sherwood Given that we have a video layout of the pyramid with (apparently) a strong idea of what is where, I'm tempted to ask for some kind of layout or floor plan, but as a GM I know that's probably no small amount of work on your end. Is there a text-based solution to give us a mathematical idea of what we're up against?

Also, one of the plans rolling around in Snowfall's head is, before or during our attack, to go back inside and somehow put an end to the ropes holding the hundreds of dormant vampires, preferably in a way that doesn't completely give it away (like take one of the main ropes, cut it, put a stake in it, and jam it in a wall in a way that makes the rope continue to hold its tautness, but if pulled, does absolutely nothing. Is this a feasible plan?

I don't know for sure how to handle the details of a floor plan via text. I will ponder this and come back to that.

As far as the idea of sabotaging the pull-chain, it is very possible to do so. It will take you just a few moments of time to be able to wreck the mechanism, forcing any interested parties to go and manually pull each stake one at a time. It is a relatively simple thing to tweak, since no one is ever expecting an intruder to get that far into the pyramid and try it.

Sherwood Sherwood Re: Floor plan. Here's one basic method I just threw together for you. Use or discard as you see fit. It provides 10 rooms all without requiring a map. I recommend throwing aside all of the math and simply stating each room is whatever size you want it to be (and if it doesn't seem to fit inside the pyramid, well, Vampire Intelligences are from other worlds; perhaps it can create dimensional pockets and make the rooms whatever size it wants?).

The pyramid has four levels. Level Four is the bottom level and the largest. Level One is the top and the smallest. Access from the ground is only attainable through Level 4, Room A (L4/RA) via the hidden passageway. Rooms are connected (or not connected) together as you see fit with only one way up. This makes for a quick Dungeons & Dragons multi-level style dungeon. You can have us working our way to the very top only to find that the Vampire Intelligence is on the ground level in a room otherwise unreachable except through the very top of the pyramid. This forces our party to go where you're comfortable with us going.

One note: My character, Snowfall, has a Tattoo Power that acts very much like a Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder Passwall spell. If used in a pyramid, it might access other rooms you don't yet want us in (or it might provide us an exit out of the pyramid if we require one). If you don't want Snowfall to use it, perhaps you can create a magical barrier of sorts that prevents him from doing so (before or after the expenditure of P.P.E. as you see fit).

As for the basic pyramid "dungeon"... =)

Level Four has four rooms. They contain...
Level 4 Room A ("L4/RA"). (Basic, description of room with length and width. All ceilings are the same height. Atmosphere, monsters, other descriptors and neat things written here.)
Level 4 Room B. Same for the rest of the rooms.
Level 4 Room C.
Level 4 Room D. Access to Level 3 is found here.

Level Three has three rooms. They contain...
L3/RA.
L3/RB.
L3/RC. Access to Level 2 is found here.

Level Two has two rooms. They contain...
L2/RA.
L2/RB. Access to Level 1 is found here.

Level One has only one room. It contains...
L1/RA.

Re: Rope mechanism. That's what I was hoping for! Thanks, you! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back