• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I mean, as long as we time it so invulnerability is up for combat, Zeph's save against Psi is +21

That should be plenty, right?

You've got me. This is my first Mechanoid Overlord.

Short question: Why would the overlord even want to come out? They've heard the boom gun in the tunnel, they've seen the destruction it caused - why wouldn't they just hunker down, open their portal and laugh mechanically?

Edit: I mean, if they wanted, they could've fought us in the corridors with full force already. That makes me think that they want to fight where they are right now - especially since that's the area where they've prepared for a fight ever since we showed up, I'd assume. I like the general idea, but I feel like we're lacking something that drives them out of their position to make it work.

Last edited:
Short question: Why would the overlord even want to come out? They've heard the boom gun in the tunnel, they've seen the destruction it caused - why wouldn't they just hunker down, open their portal and laugh mechanically?

Edit: I mean, if they wanted, they could've fought us in the corridors with full force already. That makes me think that they want to fight where they are right now - especially since that's the area where they've prepared for a fight ever since we showed up, I'd assume. I like the general idea, but I feel like we're lacking something that drives them out of their position to make it work.
It would be rude if they didnt. We knocked politely.

Just because they are some sort of evil robo-tyrants doesnt mean we should assume it doesnt have manners.

Snowfall is banking on these evil robo-tyrants having some kind of ego. I mean, I think it takes big brass cajones and a great deal of arrogance to invade another planet. The whole idea started with those last two mecha we just fought. When they fired on Snowfall with their energy beams and failed to affect him, Sherwood stated that you could just feel how mad they were about it.

Well, if those Mechanoids are anything like people, then even the big ones have their share of emotions too. Maybe if Snowfall taunts the Overlord and shows it a few of the pieces of scrap metal from the thing he Magic Netted earlier, it might get mad too and come wanting some payback. That's when Snowfall scoots around the corner and you guys blast it.

Of course, if you don't like the sound of this plan, we can certainly go with another. I'm far from the only creative person in our group here. =)

Well, we at least suspect that there will be other Mechanoids with the Overlord as guards. Our current plan might be able to thin the numbers we are facing at one time by drawing some out at a time, letting us focus our attacks and take them down faster.

Big time. Even if we don't get the Big Bad out the first time, we might get somebody out playing our game instead of us playing theirs if you know what I mean! =)

Sherwood, I think that's our plan.

1. Have Terra's "tots" beat on the wall until it's near destroyed. They pull back and wait around the corner with Zeph.
2. Snowfall, using his Dragon Rod, finishes off the door and (hopefully they only see him) baits any baddies he sees to come after him. He goes to the opposite direction of the T-junction.
3. The baddies enter the T-junction and when they round the corner, we nail them in the back with no one getting deafened again.

It might not be the brightest plan, but it sure is better than no plan at all. =)

Sherwood Sherwood You have Bonus Points which are modeled after Action Points. Your Bonus points "can be used for any attack, defense or skill roll you want" but Action Points can be used for any d20 roll. Do you have anything against them being used for Initiative?

If not, then may Snowfall spend one for Initiative, please? And if so, then no worries! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Short question about the wording of Mind Block (p.174): It does stop the user from using psionics. Does it also end abilities that are already active? My gut says yes, just wondering if the enhanced reflexes can be of use. Spoiler: I'll activate mind block before things get chaotic.

I'll let you keep the Enhanced Reflexes active with the Mind Block up.

Folks, I recommend we let these three runners chase after my character since they (apparently) can't hurt him? Maybe someone can discreetly peek their head around the corner with a pair of binoculars or something and find out what that last mech is?

If it is the Overlord, we might spring our trap too early. Just sayin'. =)

I have a feeling that this other mecha is not the Overlord, but just one of its minions. But if you are willing to let them split you off from the group, just be careful and hustle your bootie back to us if things get harry for either group.

Works for me!

EDIT: Especially if it means you guys get to wreck that fourth mech by surprise!

Keep in mind that the runners might have other means of attack - so it might not be quite as simple to stay alive for Snowfall. I'd also agree that the thing inside is likely not the overlord - that thing should be surrounded by more than three meager mechs that go chasing the first chance they get, right?

So, any recommendations for actions? Could just delay, or I can be the person to peek around the corner; mind block should let me avoid the worst if I'm not sneaky enough.

As they run past us, is there anything of interest about the runners that a trained eye might spot?

They might have other means of attack, but they appear to be grunts and I'm willing to risk it if it gives us the chance at a big backstab on a bigger bad guy. =)

Shaona, having Mind Block, and only being human-sized might just be the best person to choose. Perhaps have her use a mirror (if someone has one) and peek around the corner (in case it spots her, it shoots the mirror and not her). Again, just tossing around thoughts. Take or trash them as you like. =)

I like the mirror idea - as it so happens, there's one in the technowizard standard equipment, so I've got access to one right there. Let me think a moment if there's something even better, but this certainly looks like a well-spent action to me =)

Short question: How obvious is it for the others that there's more foes (or at least one more) inside? Snowfall knows since he's the one under fire, but the others don't have that "benefit".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back