• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silanon Silanon The Glitter Boys do not have a good line of fire into the chamber from where they are at. They will have to advance and reposition themselves in order to be able to fire through the door. Or, they can just blast the wall and make their own door, but you don't know how long that will take.

Rykon Rykon Yes, you have a held action and can react any way that you wish.

Well, if Zeph is going to go melee with the adult dragon, then I suppose that would get in the way of the Glitter Boys fire. However, if we can distract the dragon long enough, perhaps the Glitter Boys can blow their way in and destroy what the dragon is guarding?

If we throw Zeph and Gradicus both at the huge problem inside, that should probably keep it busy for quite some time - certainly enough to clean up outside and get better positions for the Glitter Boys. I personally don't like the idea of firing at the building while anyone of us is inside; thing is under construction, who knows if it can collapse all around us with a (un)lucky hit. I'm not quite sure what's beyond the dragon, and I doubt that Shaona has anything else in her mind other than the dragon in front of us; but depending on how resilient the huge thing is, it might be wise to simply keep it under control while we do what we came for.

Sherwood Sherwood Might Grad learn more about the enemy dragon using his Lore: Demons & Monsters skill? The way I see it, this is their 'Brazamal' and the more we know, the better.

Sherwood Sherwood Might Grad learn more about the enemy dragon using his Lore: Demons & Monsters skill? The way I see it, this is their 'Brazamal' and the more we know, the better.
Yes. Go ahead and roll, and since these types of dragons are known for allying themselves with Vampires, I'll give you a +10% to your roll.

With the bonus, Grad's got an 82% chance.
No problem!

<grabs dice bag, picks out a set of d10's, rolls>

What Grad knows is that this is a Night Stalker dragon, a breed that is most notably evil in their actions, and have been known to associate with necromancers, demons and the undead (including vampires) on multiple occasions. They are resistant to fire attacks (taking half damage from them) and are generally a bunch of mean buggers. It is highly unlikely that this could possibly be Brazamal.

It is highly unlikely that this could possibly be Brazamal.

Uh, that is not at all what I meant! =)

The way I see it, this is their 'Brazamal' and the more we know, the better.
(bold mine)

I mean to say that this is the adult dragon on the side of the bad guys, not that this thing is Brazamal! =)

So, being that it's an adult dragon, we're talking about M.D.C. into the thousands, high-level spells, and something that's probably beyond our team's ability alone to take out or what?

Ah, I got it now. My misunderstanding! Sorry!

This is not a foe that you'll be able to take on one-on-one. It will require a team effort to bring it down.

O.K. One more thing. Rykon had a prepared action with Zeph. Wouldn't he go before Grad?

The dragon, having been in here, might not know that we have a Glitter Boy line outside. Like I believe Sil said, if we can lure this bad boy out, I think it will work to our advantage.

I'm picturing one of those moments in a cartoon where the bad guy picks the good guy up by the scruff of their neck, and the good guys arms are swinging ineffectively short while the bad guy laughs.

Oh no! Poor Zeph! That's no way to make a first impression!

Well, in another PbP DnD game where I'm playing a paladin, in our first encounter I got off two '1s' in a row, not quite the impressive entrance that I wanted to make.

At least Zeph has the flier he skewered as his first impression. Hopefully his luck improves... especially once I inflict luck curse on this Dragon. Or attempt to, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back