• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Occasionally, yes I have problems with my alerts. Its not just you.

I've tried exploring a few features of the site. The only reliable things I've found for finding new posts if notifications fail is the watched threads page and the newsfeed. Speaking of, I probably ought to follow more people now that I'm in more games. I just don't really use much in the vein of social media-like stuff.

Is anyone else having problems with the notifications on here? For me, they seem to have gone from rarely working, to not working at all. I am taking a page from Dannigan and trying to get into the habit of just ritualistically checking as part of my daily routine.

I wondering if I should report it as a bug or something.

Yes. Staff knows about the problem but I don't know much more than that.

(OOC: Sounds good, I will wait until Sir Dru is closer before breaking invisibility).

I can imagine their surprise when Sir Dru breaks that invisibility! "Hello there! Meet Mr. Massively-Muscled Minotaur of Demolition and Doom (now with Cyber-Knight code of honor!)!" *squish* =)

Slowly but surely, I'm getting worried - things just go way too smoothly right now. I know, don't jinx it and stuff, but damn - these Glitter boys do a ton of damage...

If you guys did not have the foresight to have the Immunity to Energy spells up on everyone, this fight would be a lot different.

Yes! Our use of magic is making a huge difference! As Gradicus will soon provide, I don't think we have not gotten to the heart of things. I believe there remain big psionic beasties waiting for us inside their fortress.

Plus, the whole reason Grad opened his mouth about the spellsis he believes the key to winning a battle is the preparation. He and I would have felt like fools for not mentioning spell prep prior to combat. =)

Very true. Having the right intelligence on what your enemy has, and having the right tools to prepare for them is critical in any major fight.

If I'm still following... our primary objective is to prevent the mechanics from opening a rift that would allow more of them to cross over, right? I believe there is a large structure that was mentioned that was to accommodate this earlier so...

A. Is it visible right now?
B. Any reason Zeph shouldn't just rip it to shreds now?

The part I really like is how everyone jumped on board with spell ideas right after! This is really a team effort between the all of our characters and Grad is going to miss that.

Very true. Having the right intelligence on what your enemy has, and having the right tools to prepare for them is critical in any major fight.
You are just lulling us into a false sense of security. In three turns the enemy base is going to transform into a giant killer robot. I just know it.

If I'm still following... our primary objective is to prevent the mechanics from opening a rift that would allow more of them to cross over, right? I believe there is a large structure that was mentioned that was to accommodate this earlier so...

A. Is it visible right now?
B. Any reason Zeph shouldn't just rip it to shreds now?
Yes, you can see it, and it still appears to be unfinished, so it may be a bit more vulnerable to your attacks. The only downside is that there is a large group of Runts and Thin Men around it, and they will be able to close into melee range on you, depending on how you attack.

The part I really like is how everyone jumped on board with spell ideas right after! This is really a team effort between the all of our characters and Grad is going to miss that.
Well, having those spells up and running just made sense to me! Why not go into the fight with every advantage possible on our side?

For those of you having trouble with your alerts, I recommend using the Watched Threads feature. That might help you learn who has posted recently. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Now that we're quite close - is there a chance to estimate if it's reasonable to level the entire building with the available means? With claws, in particular? My instincts are that it'd be best to go inside and search for something to blow up in the interior while our forces distract the mechanoids; but maybe I'm wrong on that. Is there an obvious entrance that we could use, or would we have to blow up the doors first to get in? Thus far, no reinforcements came from inside, so the entrances might be locked...

Edit: And I just noticed that I didn't get alerts for the ooc - reading through those things right now...

You might be identify a structural weak point we could dismantle as well. Toppling the thing would definitely be a decent start.

Zeph doesn't really have much beyond instinct to go on.

Not sure if she has access to the right kind of knowledge for that - she has a ton of mechanical skills and such, but her kit is mostly built to deal with computers etc. I'd certainly want to try, though =) Also just checked my psionic powers; telemechanics could, in theory, allow to cause some major damage if I manage to get close to any machine with explosive components; it should, at least, open a few doors if needed. Now of course, that means lowering the mind block, which might be exactly what our foes inside are waiting for... but we have options.

Heya friends and fellow role-players! I'd like a little help with Snowfall here if any of you are feeling creative. =)

1. I'm looking for a Techno-Wizard device (either a pistol or a rifle; as of this writing, I'm not sure which Snowfall possesses until I hear back from Sherwood). My little guy respects life and he's the kind that would rather cause conditions to get the baddies to surrender than kill them. That is, unless the enemy was purely evil or the like and had to be destroyed. Then, well, they had their chance! =) So what fits the bill? He has a powerful Dragon Rod (which casts lots of spells like Magic Net, Carpet of Adhesion, and a double-range Wind Rush). So after looking through Book of Magic, Secrets of the Atlanteans, and the like, I'm just not coming up with anything concrete. Any ideas?

2. A Monster Tattoo! Sure, Smoochie's a great gal but she belongs on Gradicus so when he goes, so does she. About a year ago, Sherwood mentioned that a player of his called forth a big ol' hydra. That kind of creature seems to make sense as it has a lot of attacks per round and can be upgraded to cause more melee damage or get ranged damage with other tattoos. However, I'd rather spend those tattoos on something else (seeing as now that we're a minimum of 5th level, those tattoos are going to get fewer and fewer). So... Tatto Monsters can't have any real intelligence (hence my making Grad's Smoochie an insane Anti-Monster when they're usually smart). It would be nice to have something that can fly if possible (because Snowfall has the Blazing Comet tattoo and like Grad can fly). So... what to do?

In the meantime, here is some really nice music if you're into classical instruments and arrangements. =)
"Awaken the Dawn" by Taryn Harbridge

Purr Purr

Cant help you much with monster tattoos. But as for a weapon, how about a dart gun! Unless there are some sort of freeze ray, glue gun, or heck, maybe even a grenade launcher with a variety of gas grenades.

200.gif

Even if there aren't any suitable choices in the books, technowizardry can do almost anything, I'd say. I mean, use the "speed of the snail" spell and you have some sort of slowing, ammunition; some ice spell could produce a freeze gun etc. That's all about knowing the right spells and doing the math what it exactly costs. I'm smelling the scent of a possible customer here...

As for the tattoos, I don't really know what's possible there - is something like a phoenix doable? You know, some mythical bird-creature that fits the theme of the character? No idea... thanks for the music!

Hell, then go all out and make the ghostbuster slime gun! Animate things with poltergeist goo, and haunt your foes! Exorcise the filthy spirits and magical ghosties.

But... I really wouldnt be able to pass up a good old fashioned freeze ray, personally.

If you want to stick with the themes of a kitsune, perhaps a tranquilizer / sleep power is what you're looking for.

It won't be very helpful on undead and automatons and the like I'll wager, but those aren't really the type to surrender, are they?

Another alternative would be a lightning / illusion projection that inflicts intense pain and fear. I dont have encyclopedic knowledge of spells, but anything in the vein of terror would work here.

Ice and time manipulation are good calls aswell FWIW. Up to how mystical you want your approach to feel vs scientific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back