• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood Thanks. That's what I thought too. Several more thoughts here for you (and anyone else interested).

1. I am excited that the swarm turned out to be the Mechanoids! As long as that book has been out, I have only glanced at it (I don't think I own it) enough to have the name 'Hagan Lonovich' ring a distant bell. I don't know much about the Mechanoids and I'm looking forward to this adventure!

2. Also, for Gradicus's 5th-level tattoo, I have chosen Empathy & Transmission. It's a big change-up for Gradicus, granting him the Sensitive Power Empathy and the Super-Psionic power of Empathic Transmission. Since these Mechanoids are indeed living creatures, I'm wondering if it will come in handy, but moreso, it's a really neat tattoo that looks like a great deal of potential fun! =)

3. Given that I've got 4 skills for Gradicus, with your permission, I was thinking of spending two of them on W.P. Sharpshooter (page 91, Skills Compendium 6.0) for Heavy Weapons? I like the idea of shooting a heavy weapon one-handed while having a shield in the other (and given Gradicus's Supernatural Strength and exceptionally-high P.P. score, he might be able to hit something instead of falling over like his player would! Hah!). Are you okay with this?

4. That said, I have to ask - how are you working ranged gun-related combat in your games? I continue to see multiple ways of doing it. Are you adding P.P. bonuses? If not, are you instead providing negatives to dodge or something else entirely?

5. Does anyone (including our Game Master) have any ideas for Gradicus's two other skills?

Last edited:
3. Given that I've got 4 skills for Gradicus, with your permission, I was thinking of spending two of them on W.P. Sharpshooter (page 91, Skills Compendium 6.0) for Heavy Weapons? I like the idea of shooting a heavy weapon one-handed while having a shield in the other (and given Gradicus's Supernatural Strength and exceptionally-high P.P. score, he might be able to hit something instead of falling over like his player would! Hah!). Are you okay with this?
Sure. Gradicus is way strong, so having a rail gun or some other big cannon in his one hand with a shield in the other is no problem.
4. That said, I have to ask - how are you working ranged gun-related combat in your games? I continue to see multiple ways of doing it. Are you adding P.P. bonuses? If not, are you instead providing negatives to dodge or something else entirely?
I am adding in PP bonuses, since that is the way that I've been doing it for years before learning that you are not supposed to do so in ranged combat.
5. Does anyone (including our Game Master) have any ideas for Gradicus's two other skills?
I will look over what you have and ponder some ideas for you.

I am adding in PP bonuses, since that is the way that I've been doing it for years before learning that you are not supposed to do so in ranged combat.

I know, right?! =) I'm doing it that way also because I strongly believe hand-eye coordination has a lot to do with putting your rounds on target. I've seen bad shooters and excellent shooters on the range; some people have it and some people don't, that's all. Good training and practice go a long way. The 2nd Edition rules as they stand seem to say "Well, everyone's a good shot as long as they have the W.P.." And I just cannot agree with this. Glad to hear you're doing it the 'old' way, too. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Ack! I just read in the description of W.P. Sharpshooting that it doesn't allow W.P. Heavy. Rackelfratz.

EDIT: I just reread what you wrote. You OKed W.P. Sharpshooting with Heavy Weapons. Thanks, Sherwood! I'll get it together one of these days! =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. I've just confused myself and I could use a hand, please. The number of W.P. "Heavy" weapons between the Rifts Main Book and the Skill Compendium 6.0 are just rattling around in my brain. There are W.P. Heavy, Heavy Energy, Heavy Military, Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons, and W.P. Military Flamethrowers.

Gradicus has a TW Force Cannon and a TW Flamethrower. Which W.P.s do these use?

If you wanted to create a character who was just all about the area-of-effect, big explosions everywhere, as much damage as possible to as many as possible, which W.P. route do you recommend, please? Are items like Robotech's Mk. 25 Grenade Launcher available in your game? Is there a W.P. that covers Flamethrowers like the one Grad's got and grenade launchers?

Damn, that's a lot of different skills. :/:

I'd go with Heavy Energy Weapons for the Force Cannon and Military Flamethrowers for the other.

And for the 'blow you up and kill you dead weapons', go with Heavy Mega Damage Weapons

Crap... So, does Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons include portable grenade launchers, heavy machine guns, rocket launchers? Is the Mk. 25 grenade launcher available somewhere in your game or should I go another route?

Yes, I'll go with allowing it to cover the portable grenade launchers, and you can purchase a version of the Mk. 25 out there somewhere.

Thank you! That makes this decision a lot easier. =)

Sherwood Sherwood O.K. I have a couple more questions that just popped in my head. I've put W.P. Heavy Weapons on Grad, but I thought it covered what we've discussed. I haven't used W.P. as it is stated in-game. Is it all right if I change it to W.P. Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons (since that's the skill I'm really looking for)?

Also, W.P. Sharpshooting allows bonuses to Aimed Shots and Called Shots (in other words, single shots), not things heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers (which shoot mini-missiles) are known for. In Rifts, are there big guns that don't shoot bursts that could take better advantage of W.P. Sharpshooting? Like... big single-shot cannons of some kind?

Note: Either way, I like the idea of having W.P. Sharpshooting for Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons as it allows Grad to use them in one hand with a terrific Initiative bonus and an additional attack per round. =)

Yes, you can make the switch. There are a few heavy weapons out there that do not fire bursts that you can use with the Sharpshooter skill and fire them one-handed. You just need to find them.

Sounds like a quest! Oh joy! Let's do it! (Thank you again, Sherwood!)

Okies. I selected W.P. Sharpshooting (Heavy M.D. Weapons), Tumbling, and W.P. Heavy Energy Weapons.

Now I want to go to a weapons market and go shopping! Hah! =)

I know that Psychie was wanting some weapon-enhancement crystals for her Automations, so perhaps you can both go!

That would be cool! I love the enhancements you let us buy with Brazamal! Those electricity and acid crystals are just so neat! =)

Yes, please do! I've filled up more than my fair share of OOC today for certain. =)

Yeah, Vaneheart Vaneheart , I try to make a habit of not relying on the Alerts and checking each of the RPs I'm involved in manually (especially if it's been a few days and I haven't seen any alerts). =)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? With my character hitting level 5, I am now able to control a third Automation. Is there any way for me to get another one under my belt? Especially with the big fight coming up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back