• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hey everybody! Palladium is having a big sale on their Rifter magazines right now (from their website and their PDFs at DriveThruRPG.com.

Vaneheart Vaneheart ? I recall your mentioning a few of those issues that you really found worthwhile. Would you mind going over them briefly? I might get a few of these during the sale. I like the idea of picking up new martial art systems, new items, and just cool stuff in general. =)

1. Are there any sensor systems that are targetable?
2. If so, are they a Called Shot or normal Strike? If the former, at what penalty to Strike?
3. Would Gradicus get some kind of surprise bonus for flying in suddenly like Superman and swinging?
4. And most of all, if Gradicus wants to fight this thing in a melee (however long it takes until Hagan can get away) and he wants to stay behind the tank or at least not get in front of its main gun, how might that work here?
1. With your Multi-Optics Helmet, you can see two sensor domes on the front slope of the tank. They look relatively lightly armored (probably under 100 MDC on the high end), and can be targeted.
2. In ranged combat, they would require a Called Shot to hit them, but with you in melee range, I will say that a normal Strike roll at a -2 to hit will be sufficient.
3. Yes, assuming that the operator of the Tank doesn't spot you prior to your attack. The crew is at a minus to their Perception rolls to see you.
4. With as large as the turret is, you can duck under the swing of the main gun. Any weapon on the turret will be unable to hit you once you get in position. There are a pair of lightweight weapon turrets in the forward hull that can still hit you when you try to take out the sensor domes.

Perfect, Sherwood! That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks a bunch! =)

Gradicus flies in at Mach speeds, pulling up to a stop just shy of slamming your face into the forward hull of the tank! With a flash of magic-enhanced steel, the sword strikes the sensor dome to the left side of the tank, cutting into it deep, but just not quite enough to destroy it in one hit.

Hey, my character flew up without smacking anything he didn't want to smack and doesn't have to wonder if the tank is going to automatically back up and blast him with its main gun due to game rules! So what if Grad didn't destroy the sensor in one hit? I'm having a good time! =) (Not that anyone asked; just my hyperactive mind having fun.) =)

Hey everyone! I know that we are still in the midst of a combat, but since today is my birthday, I'm giving out the gift of some xp so everyone can party with me.

2,000 points

Sherwood Sherwood Happy birthday, bud! Here's to many more years of Sherwood for the past ones have been truly fun and delightful! =)

Happy birthday, Sherwood Sherwood ! Enjoy your day, I hope you have a great time - not only today, but also in all those upcoming years of awesome Sherwoodness. All the best!

Random fact: I only saw the notification in the character thread and thought 'that's gotta be exp - how the hell did they end the entire fight while I was asleep?'

Heya friends! Kaerri and I are in Hurricane Dorian's path at the moment and we are as prepared as we can be. In the days ahead we may go dark for a while, but we'll be back on as soon as we can. Whatever happens, we'll be together which is just where we want to be. Stay healthy and happy, everyone!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

(sorry! I was getting x-rayed for surgery!) Bobo fired once again with his plasma rifle!

sirlabe sirlabe Sirlabe, you are just the coolest dude! That is the best reason I have ever read for not posting in a game in my life! Ha ha!

May your surgery be successful and your recovery swift and painless! 8D

sirlabe sirlabe I am sorry. I had no idea you were getting pre-surgery prep done. Obviously that takes priority.

And hooray again, too; I was getting low on Bonus Points. =)

And, uh, sorry to spam the OOC channel here, but I have just come to an important discovery - I have not given Gradicus any skills since 1st level... I have 4 skills to select for him! Whoa!

Sherwood Sherwood I would like to get Gradicus a skill that will help him barter, but one of these skills confuses me (Barter/Bribe from the Skill Compendium, Rogue section, page 60). It gives all kinds of percentile results for opposed checks, but it seems that the one with the Barter/Bribe receives no advantage for having the skill (except for alignment and disposition-based differences, both buyer and seller roll the same dice regardless of experience level, Mental Affinity, etc.). So why purchase this skill if everyone gets the benefits?

Hmmm. Looking over the skill, I am somewhat at a loss. I don't see much of a use for the skill at all, since as you said, it just seems to give no real benefit for having it. I would steer away from this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back