• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Cool deal. Go ahead and copy/paste your sheet into the character thread, and I'll get you introduced to the game.

Well, I'm getting ready to sit down for dinner with the family, so I'll be back to this afterwards.

It's Fozzie Bear the Ley Line Walker! Just kidding. I don't know who Bobo is (but he looks and sounds cute). =)

I'm glad you're playing a good-aligned character, sirlabe. Our team are out for the general good (including the rescue of refugees from evil supernatural slavers and so forth). From your other posts, you're new to roleplaying? If so, let me know if you want help with anything. I've been roleplaying since I was about 13 (maybe 12?). I'm an adult now (and don't share much personal information - sorry!) and I'll always be a roleplayer. I just continue to love this hobby. =)

Yeah I've always liked the idea and after I joined a dnd game at my local school roleplaying had me hooked! I'm just kinda bad at describing things so I can't really do like three paragraphs like most of the people want you to on here.

Well, as long as I've been playing in Sherwood's games, there have been no restrictions on posting besides simply following RP Nation's rules. If one line or several paragraphs gets your character's post across, then go for it. Knowing your punctuation and grammar are big pluses (because guys like me really want to know what you mean to say!), but not required. We're all here to have fun together and communication is key to that success. =)

Great! Maybe you'd like an in-game summary?

Our characters are part of a yet-unnamed group that have just returned from their very first mission. At the behest of a good-hearted, powerful dragon named Brazamal, and with the help of that dragon's assistant, a Ley Line Walker named Olsen, our group has received their rewards and are off to help out a large amount of refugees they found aboard the military vessel they are onboard.

These refugees (dozens of them) were anchored at the island of Atlantis where Atlanteans used to rule, but long ago, there were cosmic issues like the Rifts and the evil Splugorth (pronounced "Sploo-gorth") ousted the Atlanteans and took over. The Splugorth are known for enslaving anyone they can get their hands and tentacles on and these refugees were bound for the slave markets when our group found them aboard this vessel and promised to return them home. Home is a place called Wangler's Knob. It's up in the state of Maine. The vessel isn't ours per se; it belongs to Captain Raimus (a big beastly Dimensional Being called a Grackle Tooth). Captain Raimus and his crew have agreed to help the refugees too. We have just landed on the shores of the refugees' home and we're looking around. =)

I would tell you about our characters, but unlike a tabletop game, they are right there in the Character thread for you to enjoy if you like. Do you have any background on Bobo written up?

Well, you have the blessing of time. Again, if you want to bounce ideas off someone, let me know. I'll try and help. My Gradicus (or True Atlantean Tattooed Undead Slayer if you like) was not created overnight. He took time to make. The best characters often do (at least in my experience, they do).

So take your time! =)

Sounds like our newest member is fitting in well enough. A bit of general background about the Karbarrans for you. Your race is on a highly industrialized world, and yours is also a spacefaring people. After surviving a massive explosion, you woke up in a very different world after having traveled through a dimensional rift! Lost and confused, you were able to find a enclave of mages, and the ability to work magic was a very different skill than you had ever seen.

Now trapped here, you are a being that is known as a DBee - A other Dimensional Being. Some people are very welcoming to you, and they warn you of the Coalition: a powerful military force that occupies the center of the North American continent. This military force is very pro-human, and they consider DBees to be a blight upon the face of the Earth, and they oppress the few that live in their own territory, and look to wipe out the more hostile demons and the magic users that call them out of their hellscape realms. If you ever run across the Coalition, they will hunt you down as both a DBee and a mage.

Right now, several of the Seers in the magic community you found have been prophesizing a major threat to the planet, a Swarm from beyond that has planted its seed somewhere, and if it is not stopped before it can find its strength to attack, it will raze the planet. Ever since these images have been 'seen', the magic users of the enclave have been out on the hunt for this Swarm, trying to warn people and locate it so it can be defeated while it is weak.

So right now, you are in the wilds of what the locals once called Maine, and you have come across several small villages that have been wiped out, leaving no survivors. As you are hunting for signs of what did this, you are closing in on a fishing town called Wangler's Knob. I'll have some IC posts for you shortly.

I apologize for my absence. Things got a little crazy. I am back though. Give me a bit to catch up.

I am no longer getting email notifications about posts either, which sucks.

Good to see you back, Vaneheart! Yeah, a buddy of mine got me into the habit of checking each the games I'm in manually. I don't rely on alerts as much as I used to.

Could my character purchase a few relatively-inexpensive quality-of-life items for yours? I found Atlantean communication crystals which are operated by using PPE and they are completely off the grid as far as radio transmissions go. Plus it is something my character would do for yours. He has a high opinion of Cyber-Knights.

Sherwood Sherwood Would you consider giving Bobo one of these communication crystals at start of game? You mentioned one for each PC (for purchase) and I don't see any other way he is going to be able to communicate with us without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back