• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherro watch the small spillage of salt, he remembers... And old superstition about salt, about it's spiritual power, spilled over a doorway it could create a barrier against spirits and such... But one he remembers was an old one, to ward off bad luck from a spillage of salt, is to take a pinch and toss it over your left shoulder and if your lucky you'll hit the devil in the eye.

He doubted the devil was here, this would be the worst place to cause trouble, or show up at all really...

"...Good day Ser Knight." He nodded to Kimberly, trying to be poliet.

Kimberly Finn

"Lord Brazamal," the Knight replies, tilting her head in his direction. "I wouldn't miss your invitation for anything. Thank you for the offer, I'm certain I'll enjoy what you've provided."

She accepts a plate of food and sips from a wine glass, smiling to show her appreciation. To the others at the table, she continued her habit of nodding as a form of greeting. "It is," she says in reply to Shaona, smiling faintly. "At least, I believe so. When it's light enough, I don't always notice." An innocuous enough statement, though for an Altarain it had another layer of truth to it. Lacking eyes that saw like human eyes did, she relied on her other senses for navigation and snow was a bit of a problem. Too little of it and she couldn't 'see' it at all. Too much and she couldn't see anything.

Noticing the dresses on several of the women, Kimberly adds with a rueful smile, "I feel a touch underdressed for the occasion."

The shape of the Anti-Monster is a curiosity, at least until it speaks to her. She looks his way, though with the mirrorshades perched on her nose eye contact is impossible to guess at. "Good day..." she says, obviously a touch uncomfortable speaking to something she's never encountered before. Then she rallies and straightens in her chair before saluting him with her glass of wine. "I'm Kimberly Finn, as Lord Brazamal said. He's an old friend of my parents. What's the nature of your relationship with our host?"

iXZGT62.jpg

STATUS Location: Lord Brazamal's manor, dining room
Active Effects: None

"...We have worked together before, or, rather I worked for him. A chance meeting and a need for my skills were enough for us to speak, and it was enough for us to continue corispondence..." the anti-monster spoke before looking to his empty plate.

"One such as I must hold to those who are willing to share words in a pleasant manner. And not requesting aid shivering behind a desk, or the lances of those who defend them.

In layman's terms..." he paused.

"I can never be picky about friends. And one of quality mustn't be neglected."

Terra nods in understanding. "I am pretty much in the same boat, having worked for Lord Brazamal several times doing some special work that my Automation and I were just the right fit for." She glances at the head of the table to see what kind of reaction this revelation is getting from their host.

Brazamal has a slight smile on his face as he reaches for his glass and finishes off his wine. "You have all done some work for me in the past, and have done well enough to garner my . . . special . . . attention on your careers, showing me that you are all exceptional in your own ways. Because of this, I have hope that you will all be able to do something for me, a job that is very dangerous, but not without a sizable amount of compensation. Now that everyone has eaten their fill, let us retire to the library once more and we can discuss the details."

He stands and leads everyone back to the comfy room once more, and takes a seat in one of the plush chairs. He waits as everyone finds a place to park themselves, either in a chair or standing up against the wall. Once you are all set, he clears his throat and says, "I have a need for all of you, with your particular skills, to make a journey across the Atlantic to the isle of Atlantis and back." He pauses to let that sink in for a moment. "As I said, this will not be easy, but I am confident that you can make this happen. There are four people, former slaves of the Splurgoth, that have escaped from their captors that need help getting transport here. It is critical to me to get them back to New Lazlo, and I am willing to generously compensate you for your time and effort."

"I am sure that you all have many questions for me. Please, ask."

Shaona, Technowizard

Procurement business... the description of the civil oddball is still in her mind as the discussios around her become silent - not because there's nothing to be said, she herself could have added at least a bit of background and answer the knight's question, but because the main reason of this dinner is finally revealed. Needless to say, the green-head is one of the first to rise from her chair, quickly following Brazamal to her favorite room of the building. The destination and objective are... unexpected, to say the least.

"So... first of all: Atlantis. Surprisingly, I haven't been there, there's an entire ocean in the way. I know that some made their way across in the other direction if I'm not mistaken" - she nods in direction of Gradicus - "but I know that it's not quite a paradise at the moment. What awaits us there, and how do we get across the water? Next on the list: Those people. You're in contact, presumably? How do we find them?" She ponders a while on the task before continuing. "The Splurgoth - is that their name? Haven't heard much about them. Think that should change before we leave. And lastly: Why a procurement business man? Or a technowizard, or any of us? I get that we'll need critical muscle mass, but I'd like to know beforehand what else to expect."

Blake
Cyborg
I follow the elder dragon into the library and sit down an a seat in the corner.

"Yes i have a question" my metalic voice rings through the room "would it be possible for Olen to take us there through a rift? that would drasticly reduce the risk of this operation and not to mention make it go by far faster therefor reducing the chance of the newly freed slaves being caught again" i ask as i run diffrent situations and ideas through my head

Terra feels a rush of excitement and fear run through her. Atlantis! Having a chance to even see it, let alone walk on the shores, that would be amazing! But, also very dangerous. The Splurgoth and their minions are not to be trifled with lightly. She looks over at the dragon and asks, "I do hope that I will be able to bring my Earth Thunderer; I am a skilled battle mage, but I am far more formidable with my Automation than without, and going up against the monsters that roam the isle, we'll need all the firepower we can carry." She pauses for a moment, then says, "What can you tell us of these people we are rescuing?"

Brazamal steeples his fingers as he starts talking. "Atlantis is a haven for monsters and demons of all kinds, making it very hazardous for humans to be there at all. The Splurgoth are interdimensional slave traders, and are some of the worst of the worst out there, and with the help of their minions and allies, they have a iron grip on the entire continent. I'm not going to sugar coat things. For the most part, you should consider Atlantis to be a very hostile place, and just about everything you run into there will try to kill you." He gives off a sigh. "If it were not so important, I wouldn't even consider sending anyone to Atlantis, let alone people that I have come to like and admire. If you come into this as a frontal assault, you just won't stand a chance. In this case, the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, but a massive sledgehammer taken to it. Go in quiet, and leave the same. Just get the four out."

When Blake asks about using Olsen's powers to make a Rift for quick travel, the Ley Line Walker shakes his head. "Unfortunately, making and controlling Rifts is not a skill I have ever developed. But you do have an excellent idea on how to get in and out. What you'll need to do is to find a Shifter willing to take on the job. Lord Brazamal can help to pay whatever fees you need to in order to arrange transport, be it by boat or by Rift. I hazard a guess that Trent might know a few people that could help facilitate this."

Eric Foss looks uneasy at the thought of going through a Rift to Atlantis, and he finally asks, "Um, excuse me sir, but you did say something about getting compensation? What are we looking at for that?"

Brazamal looks over at Foss and says, "For each of the four people I am sending you to bring here, I will pay each of you five million credits, for a grand total of twenty million. That doesn't count any loot that you can acquire on your own while you are there, be it money or artifacts that you can either keep for yourselves or sell. Also, as Olsen indicated, I will give you credits and black market items to use to pay for you trip across the Atlantic. Whatever that you don't spend from that will also be yours."

Eric looks a little less uneasy at the thought of the potential payday.

Gradicus the Red Edge
Atlantean Undead Slayer

After watching the human, Trent, successfully deflect Shaona's questions, Gradicus could not help but chuckle. Every man had his secrets and this Trent clearly valued his. Still, Shaona seemed to have gotten the point and aimed her questions toward the mysterious woman who wore glasses that hid her eyes. Outside in the snow, that made sense. Here inside among comrades and their allies, it made less sense. And there was something about her comment about the snow that nagged at him. She didn't always notice light snow. Why not? Was she some kind of daydreamer or one of these humans too-deeply imbedded in her smartphone? No, there was something more to her and Gradicus decided to keep an eye on her until he found out what that something was.

In the meantime, he asked the woman he knew. Female intuition was valuable and Terra's was one he felt he could trust. "Terra," he discreetly whispered to her in Greek. "This... Kim-bur-lee... What do your instincts tell you when you look at her?"

"I can never be picky about friends. And one of quality mustn't be neglected."

Upon hearing this, Gradicus almost commented, for Sherro's statement seemed born of the heart. His own heart told him, "True friends do not neglect each other, regardless of their quality." Gradicus was willing to be friends regardless of form, for the mind and the heart are what mattered to the young Atlantean. But it was not Gradicus's conversation, and so he chose to respect that and stay outside of it.

Besides, there was good eating to do! After living too long on MREs ("Meals Ready to Eat," the soldier had told him. "Three lies in one!"), this gourmet cuisine was nothing less than divine! Gladly, he realized, would he march through many snows to eat like this regularly. But he was a fool, or so his belly told him, and instead he saved his money for things to destroy supernatural evil with.

As he ate, he saw himself in a mirror. He found he liked what he saw. Gradicus did not appear a day over twenty in human years. His tattoos covered him from the handsome face he did not find so handsome, to his neck and chest. Every tattoo was a story, each inked in beautiful colors with lines and curves that only his clan could bring to reality. If nothing else, he had that to be proud of, he felt.

And lastly: Why a procurement business man? Or a technowizard, or any of us? I get that we'll need critical muscle mass, but I'd like to know beforehand what else to expect."

Gradicus heard this and exploded. His harsh shout filled the room. "You can expect a fate worse than death if you fail!"

Gradicus stepped forward stared at every person present, Olsen included. "The Splugorth will use you... They will take from you things that you cannot get back... They will change you in ways you cannot return from... And in the end, either you escape... or you count yourself lucky among the burning bones of the dead!"

"Now the dawn has lifted before my eyes." Pacing like a hunting cat, he stared at your host. "Now I see why I am asked to be part of this..."

Gradicus's voice seemed to plead and seethe all at the same time. He sounded wounded. He balled his scarred hands into fists. "Atlantis?! Elder Brazamal, could you not have given me the gift of warning before now? I told you I was a gladiator! A slave of the Splugorth and their vampiric hellions! However briefly, I have served you with honor! Why wait to tell me this now or is your business resulting in your tardiness instead to blame?" Young Gradicus hoped it was the latter reason.

Then his hands relaxed. He gazed at the heavy rapier wreathed in orange flames on his wrist. His hand fell to Summertime, Wintertime. He asked with all the calmness he could muster.

"Where are they on the island?"

Sherro

"How brightly the flames of vengeance spill forth, one never needs to be told that fire burns, but oft need to watch where and what it does. Luckily... Where we go has plenty to burn, and much that requires it." Sherro commented on the outburst of Gradicus, seeming not quite dismissive or disliking the fervor, but more favoring a precise and favorable style of approach. The Splurgoth... Vampires...

He could feel his magical connections and sensors flaring up at the mention, instinctive, and a tad bit obstructive as he wished for a nice evening without the reminder of that annoying motion detector... A phantom itch nawed at him where it was placed on his arm.

"It is my core duty to save lives, the affront of the monsterous beings in Atlantis is long known to me, but a chance to strike at it and save lives... A chance worthy of even the greatest heroes...

To be fit for the task, is measured in our mettle in accepting it, knowing full well what it entails...

To quote "The difference between bravery and cowardice is where you are running." I feel not very much these days, but I feel proud to be chosen for this task now."

He added his portion , before sitting down, even if only one person listened, that would be fine to him. He was an anti-monster, a crude descripting name, but fully true.

Earlier

The dragon reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pipe and a tobacco pouch. He fills and lights it up, then continues to go over the comments made earlier. "Terra, your true strength comes from within, not from the lumbering Automation you pilot. That being said, I agree that you should try to bring along your Earth Thunderer. In fact, if you decide to accept this assignment, I can have you go through the bonding ritual to begin the connection with another Automation. It will take some time for the bond to solidify, but by the time you reach Atlantis, you should be fully able to Operate both at once."

"Now, you did ask for some information on the four refugees I am asking you to rescue. First is Habbattar, a elf Stone Master. Second, there is Ragnar, a Dwarven Artificer. He has forgotten more about making artifacts than I have ever known. Third is Mellar. She is a human, and is a rather accomplished Seer. The fourth, well, the fourth is how the others got free, and may be a source of stress to some of you. He is Garran, a Kydian. Also known as a Overlord. He has rejected the rule of his masters and has decided to make a run for it. Garran is one of the very few members of his race that have ever gone rogue, and his knowledge of the plans of the Splurgoth will be invaluable."

Later, after Gradicus's outburst,

Brazamal looks at Gradicus with a somber face. "I understand that you are upset. This is a sensitive subject for you, but I . . . I am hoping that you can forgive me for breaking it to you like this. But your skills and knowledge of the island will be invaluable for the success of this mission. At the moment, the four are hiding out in the mountains to the West of Dragcona."

1539300880491.png

Terra's eyes open wide when she hears the money angle, then again when Lord Brazamal tells her that she will soon be bonded to a second Automation. That was an honor that she would not normally qualify to get for some time still. It will still take me some time to fully link with the second Earth Thunderer, but when I do, I can control both at once! Awesome! Until then, I'll have a spare. Now, all I'll have to do is to stay alive and come back with these four people and collect the reward. No problem!

Kimberly Finn

Orikanyo Orikanyo
Kimberly regards the Anti-Monster silently for a moment, as if studying or inspecting him. Then her smile returned. "Most of us bear things, or are things that frighten others if they knew our secrets. You face the added challenge of wearing your secrets, of people always judging you by what they see. At the same time, you have a freedom in knowing there will never be a reckoning because everything is reckoned up front. Yours is an interesting situation, sir. And I'm not unsympathetic." As the meal begins to wrap up, Kimberly makes a point of standing and taking a few steps in Sherro's direction before offering a small hand dwarfed by the Anti-Monster's own.

"Lord Brazamal's estimation carries far in my books and I would be pleased to count you a friend then. So long as you're a worthy person beneath that worthy exterior, it would be my honor to fight beside you."

Psychie Psychie
Terra's reference to an Automation draws an elegantly raised eyebrow from the Knight wearing mirrorshades. "Yours sounds like an interesting story as well. I look forward to hearing it sometime." When the tall man she presumes is an Atlantean strikes up a conversation with the Battle Magus in a language she doesn't know, Kimberly politely turns her head back to her food and finishes up her meal in time for Lord Brazamal's pitch.

Sherwood Sherwood
Then comes the dragon's pronouncement, his request for a mission, and her heart drops. For a moment, Kimberly doesn't hear anything he says over the dull roaring in her ears, as her mind instinctively shifts to memories not hers. To a life, to so many lifetimes spent fighting as soldiers in behest of the Splurgoth. Of brutal wounds and horrific war-crimes, and of merciless orders without a hint of promise that life would ever be any better. I remember Mother's shame at abandoning that town to her kin for, proud warrior that she is, her only chance at escape was to flee rather than fight. And now Lord Brazamal proposes I travel in reverse Mother's steps and journey back into the heart of darkness itself.
  • Protect the lives and liberties of the innocent.
  • Champion justice and equality for all.
  • Fight evil in all its guises and against all odds.
  • Dare to tread where others fear to go and where justice is most sorely needed.
"The Code," she murmurs to herself. Taking a deep breath, Kimberly steels herself and returns her focus to the conversation at hand. At least her ears had picked up every word said, and she understood what she'd missed.

Dannigan Dannigan Orikanyo Orikanyo Sherwood Sherwood
The tall Atlantean's impassioned speech does little to quell her nerves. Instead, it only stirs them. Something like panic overtakes her and Kimberly takes two dozen breaths to regain a measure of composure and control. She smiles then to hear Sherro's answering speech, his choice to embrace the deadly mission. Can she do any less?

Lord Brazamal's additional information on the slaves in question passes without comment, until her gaze shifts to the passionate Atlantean once more. If the man felt that strongly about the mere mention of Atlantis, how might he react to a mission to rescue a member of a species that very likely had enslaved him? Perhaps it was time to be candid with this new team of the dragon's. And hope to steer the warrior's fear away from inflaming the fears of these other carefully chosen specialists.

Kimberly stood then, pressing her palms against the surface of the table for a moment before fully straightening to address the room. "Saving lives is a worthy goal to me as well, to any from the Order of the White Rose." While her order preferred a degree of secrecy, there would be no secrets in short order among these people. "I will also undertake this mission. I ask each of you to match this man's courage," she added with a tilt of the head towards the Anti-Monster before directing her next words to the tall Atlantean. "We'll need it where we're going. It seems our friend over there is no stranger to the enslaving ways of the Splugorth. Neither am I. And if I've never set foot on those shores, generations of my ancestors may very well guide us to find those we seek."

With those words, Kimberly reaches up to her face, her hand coming away with the mirrorshades. Revealing a pair of sightless gray eyes.

iXZGT62.jpg

STATUS Location: Brazamal's manor, dining room
Active Effects: None

Shaona - Technowizard

A fate worse than death. To be a slave to those beasts, after losing the one thing that stands above everything else. Shaona eyes the other reactions, listens to anti-monster's both brave and foolish words. The honored knight, seemingly blind and yet with better body control than some who see the world with their eyes, follows the man's speech right away, challenging everyone else to either be a fool, or a coward.

"This, Lady Finn, is not about courage alone. As the least motivational speech I have heard in a while" - once more, her fawn eyes muster the rather emotional Undead Slayer - "just outlined, we'll risk more than just death by going there. I don't think it's less brave to pick other fights than this one, it's actually the responsible choice. If you're good enough to fight the Splurgoth, you might be better off to not offer yourself to them as a weapon, willingly or not." She pauses for a long moment. "That said, if at least some of you go, I might as well do my best to keep you free for as long as possible. Count me in, and shoot me if the Splurgoth ever get their hands on me." There is a more serious sound to those last few words than you've heard from her before - after all, she's about to jump into a lion's den. Turning towards Brazamal, one of her hands points at the shelves all around her. "I'll need to borrow a few books tonight, if you don't mind. The more we know, the better."

Trent Lockhart
Smuggler

As the meal concluded, Trent was still trying to determine the value of each member at the table. When Brazamal ushered them back into the library, he returned to the decanter of whisky and poured himself another as he listened to the job description from the elder dragon. At first, he was thinking to himself how foolish of a mission it was to even think about going to Atlantis, even tilting his head to look at Foss, rolled his eyes, and shook his head 'no'. No job was worth giving up his life and all that he had 'accomplished'. Just as he was about to walk out when Brazamal dropped the payout figures. Twenty million. Not wanting to show any emotion, he puts the back of his hand on Foss' chest as to stop him from walking out. Turning to him, Trent winks, grins and nods his head in approval.

Listening to the 'whining' of the Atlantian was nothing that he hadn't heard a hundred times over when it came to the types of jobs he generally took, as long as the pay was right. The pay was definitely right with this job. The the anti-monster, Sherro, spoke up, and quite frankly had surprised Trent with the demeanor that he was able to display for such a monstrosity, it was almost humorous to him. Others began to pipe up and throw their own opinions in the ring. Kimberly issued the 'challenge' to the others, to step up and accept the mission. When she removed her glasses, Trent caught a glimpse of the colorless grey eyes. He had seen those eyes before... He had seen her from a distance when returning from a job only a few months prior. Not knowing her name at the time, the reputation that preceded her was certainly impressive to say the least. He would certainly feel more assured with her standing in front of him if trouble managed to find them...

Then the oddball Shaona spoke up, who seemingly tried to justify those wanting to back out of the mission. Trent pondered the thought if someone were to back out if their share of the reward would then be split among those willing to go... That could be a significant increase in payout. After all of that, she agreed to go as well, with the condition that someone would end her life if she was about to be captured. He stifled a chuckle and then spoke up. "What you need..." Trent tipped back his drink and then set down the crystal glass, "... is someone that knows how to get in and out of delicate situations..." Looking across the room the smirk grew across his face, "... which is why I am presumably here." Trent stretched out his arms and bowed his head slightly in an over-the-top fashion.

Gradicus the Red Edge
Atlantean Undead Slayer

How brightly the flames of vengeance spill forth, one never needs to be told that fire burns, but oft need to watch where and what it does. Luckily... Where we go has plenty to burn, and much that requires it."

Sherro's words, or rather the clear sense of intelligence behind them, brought a sense of relief to Gradicus. Unlike the Anti-Monster he knew, this Sherro seemed to be about as sane as anyone could hope for. This was a blessing. Still, he found he could not agree with Sherro's outlook.

Gradicus shook his head causing his long black hair to toss about. "Vengeance? You mistake intent, Anti-Monster. As Elder BrazamaI has likely guessed, I have five goals; four of them lie in the mountains west of Dragcona. The last lies in this very manor with those slaves feasting as we have just done. To be paid for this is, as humans say, 'icing on the cake.'"

"And if I've never set foot on those shores, generations of my ancestors may very well guide us to find those we seek."

Gradicus's eyes widened in unhappy surprise as Kimberly's mirrorshades fell away. Before he realized what he was doing, Gradicus had put himself between Kimberly and Terra. He unconsciously assumed one of his battle stances though his hands remained empty. He exhaled in disbelief.

"By Tamaerus! You are of the Blind Warrior Women of Altaran! Are all of your Order of the White Rose born of the same?"

"Count me in, and shoot me if the Splurgoth ever get their hands on me."

Gradicus nodded somberly. "Remove such worry. Should the gravest extreme come to pass, green-hair, I will see it done."

... which is why I am presumably here." Trent stretched out his arms and bowed his head slightly in an over-the-top fashion.

Gradicus had noticed Trent's silent message to Foss and then his reversal as their reward was announced. Then he grinned at Trent's display of bravado. For Gradicus, this human's motives were made clear.

Gradicus sighed and tried to find amusement in all this. Under a twirling circus of emotions, Gradicus shared his bright-eyed grin with Brazamal along with an expression as if to ask, "How much of this did you see coming, you old lizard?"

Blake
Cyborg
I nod when i here the techno wizard talking about risking more then dying "I must say i agree with Shoana we must not rely solely on our courage, we must also use our wits and common sense, if given the opportunity I am sure that the splugorth would gladly take any of us to use as slave or weapons, therefore i propose that we make a pact, although i do believe that this goes without saying i would just like to get everyone's agreement or confirmation, i believe that if any of us are captured by the splugorth we must attempt to retrieve them, however in my personal opinion the mission comes first so i believe that if any of us are caught and it doesn't seem as though we can rescue them without endangering the mission then it would be in the missions best interest to... terminate them and to keep the missions details out of enemy hands, this would also spare them from an immense amount of torture and pain." i say as i look around at everyone in the room

Shaona, Technowizard

If one of the first things to be discussed on the mission briefing is that you'd better blow each other a hole into the chest instead of surviving in the fiend's captivity, that's usually a good sign to leave the room under any normal circumstances. The Splurgoth, however, are hardly normal from what little Shaona knows, and thus she bows as when the emergency plan between her and the Atlantean is established. "I'll do you the same favor if it comes to that."

She looks around as Blake takes the same line, and nods at his conclusion. "Guess that's how things are, hm? Succeed or get shot by the others."

But even though the situation is about as serious as it might get, she can't help but show an ironic smile. "Here we are - not even started, and I already shit my pants. Better don't count on me if it comes to the worst case." She takes a deep breath, and the smile slowly fades away. "If our friend here" - she points at the smuggler - "knows his stuff, we'll probably be in and out before they even notice. Nothing to worry about if we have each others' backs. Speaking of which: Altaran, Atlanteans - anything that should be said before we get into this mess together?"

Blake
Cyborg
I raise my hand when it is asked if anything should be said "I don't know if it helps but i have two vehicles that we can use, and both have decent storage space, and one even comes with a compartment that has beds and basic commendations" I look around the room "and if anybody has any machinery repaired then im pretty sure i can help, i may not like fighting but i can improve almost any machine"

Brazamal nods to himself as he listens to the play-by-play between all of you. "Excellent. I am glad that I am able to count on all of you. Once we are done here this evening, it will take me two days to make the preparations for Terra's Bonding ritual and to make sure that all the financial arrangements are ready for your travel fund. It is my hope that you'll be able to slip in and back out without drawing any attention to yourselves, but just in case, be ready for anything."

Turning his attention to Trent, he says, "If you can make contact with a Shifter, that will be your safest means of getting there. But depending on how well you negotiate, he may not be willing to bring you back home. You may have to find an alternative means of getting back. I am going to provide you with a travel fund of ten million in cash and another twelve million in various black market goods. Spend it wisely, and remember that whatever you don't spend on travel belongs to the lot of you."

"If any of you have any special requests to make of me, do so now and I may entertain the option of providing you an advance on your money to pick up something to make this mission possible for all of you."

Gradicus the Red Edge
Atlantean Undead Slayer

The Splurgoth, however, are hardly normal from what little Shaona knows, and thus she bows as when the emergency plan between her and the Atlantean is established. "I'll do you the same favor if it comes to that."

Gradicus nodded grimly, though his appreciation for Shaona's words were also clear. "Let us see that it doesn't."

"If any of you have any special requests to make of me, do so now and I may entertain the option of providing you an advance on your money to pick up something to make this mission possible for all of you."

The numbers of credits Elder Brazamal was moving their way was incredible. He was willing to provide 10 million credits in cash and another 12 million in black market items which would be spent for the mission, and 20 million credits per adventurer upon successful return (5 million per adventurer per rescue, if Gradicus's stunned memory was not failing him). The opportunities with such financial greatness staggered the young Undead Slayer.

Still, he sighed. Life could not compare to a credstick no matter how large. Gradicus's mind spoke out loud. "Huh! What can help us live the longest and succeed?"

"Elder Brazamal, dragons see things differently than most of us adventurers. What would you recommend?"

Last edited:
Terra thinks about how she is about to be bonded with a second Automation, and asks, "Lord Brazamal? If I could get a second Starfire Pulse Cannon for my second Automation, that would be ideal for me. I don't think that there is anything else that I will need."

The dragon shakes his head. "I'm sorry, but I doubt that I will be able to acquire that weapon for you; the second Earth Thunderer will have to suffice."

He turns his attention to Gradicus. "I am not sure what to suggest to you. Do you have a Techno Wizard weapon? Not having to worry about getting enough ammo for a standard weapon is a real advantage. With the mages you have in the group, you'll be able to reenergize your PPE Batteries."

Blake
Cyborg
I perk up when lord Brazamal asks for requests and I begin to think and then I come to a decision "my lord would it be at all possible for me to be granted two VR-500X "stinger" remote helecopters as well as a DCCG to control them with? I feel as though they may help me contribute more to the team"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back